PDA

View Full Version : MTG MMO

Ciksharn
06-13-2017, 02:28 PM
About a week ago it was announced WotC was going to be producing a magic the gathering based mmo with cryptic studios and perfect world. The game has everything stacked against it. I'm guessing if it even makes it to launch its going to be pretty bad but I'm still hopeful. They said it would be F2P and casual. I wonder if anyone else has any thoughts on it?

skarlorn
06-13-2017, 02:34 PM
They said it would be F2P and casual. I wonder if anyone else has any thoughts on it?

welp there you have it folks, another garbage mmo that'll alienate diehard fans and peak 13 days after release

when will they learn?

Ciksharn
06-13-2017, 02:47 PM
welp there you have it folks, another garbage mmo that'll alienate diehard fans and peak 13 days after release

when will they learn?

This is basically what I've seen everyone saying. I'm hoping cryptic and PW approached wotc about it and purchased rights to make it a mtg game and wotc isn't burning their own pile of money to fund this. I haven't seen anyone who has any genuine faith that this isn't going to be a pay to win piece of garbage.

Valakut
06-13-2017, 08:58 PM
they been coming out with MTG games on steam every year and they are so broken that they release the next years before the previous years is ever even fixed.

also they had mtg online before and it flopped cause nobody is buying virtual cards over real cards. /thread

Ciksharn
06-13-2017, 10:26 PM
they been coming out with MTG games on steam every year and they are so broken that they release the next years before the previous years is ever even fixed.

also they had mtg online before and it flopped cause nobody is buying virtual cards over real cards. /thread
The steam games are watered down into versions of the card game to help newer players get into mtg. I don't think that the mom will be similar to those. I do agree that wotc track record with digital content is pretty bad

Sirban
06-14-2017, 02:13 PM
I play mtg and i bet its gonna be bad. So bad. Like a turd covered in vomit

Bardalicious
06-14-2017, 02:18 PM
I can tell you that if perfect world is involved, and it's a free to play game, it's going to be very CASH SHOP dependant. That's how perfect world runs their games. It's not just visually aesthetic outfits.

Based on that alone I wouldn't get my hopes up. Though I suppose spending ridiculous amounts of money to get ahead is not unusual for MTG.

originalman
06-14-2017, 03:33 PM
quote this if u bullied kids who played gay card games in school

Naethyn
06-14-2017, 03:49 PM
where the fuck my pokeman mmo
wow battle pets

originalman
06-14-2017, 03:52 PM
wow battle pets

xD