PDA

View Full Version : Teams PvP server

Cfullard
06-11-2017, 04:24 PM
Well it's that time of the year again where I get to wondering if this is still a shot in the dark or possibly something that might be happening. I've gone several pages back and used the search option and didn't find anything so... anything on the forecast? Did I miss a mention of it not coming out or them not spending time in order to do this?

Caiu
06-11-2017, 04:27 PM
Don't think a teams pvp server was ever on the table. Discord was supposed to be a perma death pvp server or some such but I imagine all 10 people interested in that got tired of waiting and moved on.

Cfullard
06-11-2017, 04:31 PM
It's something I remember was mentioned a while back and i've been waiting to see if anything new would come of it. I don't remember which dev said it, but I remember it WAS talked about.

Qtip
06-11-2017, 06:42 PM
Never coming. No one likes pvp. Any additional server space will be used for a new blue server that follows a classic timeline through velious.

Teams was a stupid rumor started by players/guides that started a while ago and never confirmed by anybody relevant(Rogean/Nilbog).

wwoneo
06-12-2017, 02:07 AM
Some very selective memories here. There was talk on Sirkens stream a long while ago ahout them being interested in running a teams server but they couldn't decide on how the teams should be made up, 2 or 3 teams? Deity related? Etc

Rogean was also on that stream and also said there would be a teams PVP server, but it just never happened. I think I remember hearing something about them finding out there wasnt enough interest (which was the same thing with the discord server).

aaezil
06-12-2017, 03:02 AM
Theres barely any interest in red as it is should just close the doors on the pvp idea

Baler
06-12-2017, 07:18 AM
I liked the idea that the discord server would have a 'leaderboard' on the p99 site. And that it would reset keeping track of who was the top of previous ladders/leagues.

A server where people can competitively race for endgame in X number of months seems extremely fun. Hell If I can level a character to 51 in under 3 weeks solo I can only imagine what a team/guild of players could accomplish in say 3 months.

fadetree
06-12-2017, 08:17 AM
I would at least try a teams pvp server.
Thing is, from the devs perspective (I think) their main goal is in preserving the era as accurately as possible. That's why they do what they do. Opening a teams PvP server just to do something that some players might like means a lot of extra work and monitoring, GM-ing, etc., but doesn't really advance their main goal in doing any of this at all.
Maybe if we focused on a particular in-era PvP server recreation, and helped them to have enough data to recreate it very accurately they would be more interested. Was there a 'successful' team PvP server in the Velious era? I think there was, but I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to what all was happening with them back then.

Cfullard
06-13-2017, 10:04 PM
The one reason I do not play on Red is the FFA PvP aspect and playing on a server where I know absolutely nobody (this being a minor reason). I never really liked the FFA PvP that Rallos Zek offered and thus why I always stuck to servers like Vallon Zek and Sullon Zek. If they gave us a Teams PvP server i'd go there, at least with VZ style rules there was a clear defined who's on your team and who isn't. If I want EVE online rules, i'll go play on EVE online.