PDA

View Full Version : Goblin Gazughi Ring - level to farm?

Danarnold001
06-07-2017, 07:14 PM
Hello,

I currently have a lvl 12 enchanter that I am loving so far. I invested all my money and old gear into. I currently have a lvl 20 magician with the Torch of Alna and he's pretty capable of farming stuff with the fire pet. I've looked up the info and see the Sarnak Courier is level 14. Would it be possibly for my magician to camp this ring at lvl 20? I'm really enjoying the charm lvling but that ring is just too good to not have. I apologize if this has been posted, I went through about 5 pages of searches. Thanks in advance!

Tecmos Deception
06-07-2017, 08:08 PM
I heard that charming wisps to kill other wisps is a very effective way to farm GLSs. Only like 2000 kills or so, and you can just buy the ring! ;)

Seriously though, it looks like you'd be able to work on the ring camp with your mage. Might be hard to get it set up though, and it'll be slow to do. Usually people round up all the possible PHs and kill them so that they get respawns at that double spawn point mentioned on the wiki and they keep killing both those PH respawns every 30 seconds or whatever. At only 20 you'd have to put some effort into killing the level 15ish PHs, so you'd be getting a LOT fewer chances over the course of an hour for a spawn than a 40+ character would.

For what it's worth, I say screw the ring. Breaking charms with invis is bothersome, but it barely diminishes the leveling power of a chanter compared to one who uses the ring to break charm, especially if you make use of a cheap clicky (like a telescope or kromzek surveying scope) to reset for a quick nuke or root after the invis and/or level in more spacious areas (not even outdoors necessarily, just with enough space to get a root off before your pet runs back to you), etc.

Danarnold001
06-07-2017, 10:11 PM
Well I heard those wisps are invulnerable to each others hits! How crazy is that!? If only I had a video of a low level enchanter I could watchto reference where to go! ;)

loramin
06-07-2017, 11:31 PM
Keep in mind that the wiki guide (https://wiki.project1999.com/A_Sarnak_courier) is for two particular spawn points that are close together, and thus are good for higher level farmers. At your level you probably don't want that spot: you want one of the other (single spawn point) camps nearby.

Jimjam
06-08-2017, 03:25 AM
[Sun Jun 19 15:52:46 2016 ] -1250 -3040 courier ph
[Thu Feb 16 21:41:17 2017 ] courier spawn -816 -2707
[Sat Feb 18 08:08:34 2017 ] -30 -2660 courier

These are a few more PHers I've pulled out my notes!

I camped this item from lvl 12 to 24 on a magician and did not get one ring (almost exclusively killing Phers.

One day I ran my ranger through and a courier spawned on me and dropped the ring. Eq, eh?

Shortly after that I got a ring on my magician too!

Both were gifted to an enc and a druid I sometimes play with.

Good luck!

thebutthat
06-08-2017, 07:18 AM
Hello,

Would it be possibly for my magician to camp this ring at lvl 20?

I don't know the levels of each PH is, but you'll want to be able to kill every PH quickly with using as little mana as possible. They repop every 30 seconds at the spot that has 2 PHs. If you lose them and they wander off in the field, it can slow things down quite a bit. Especially if you don't notice which mob it was.

Jimjam
06-08-2017, 08:14 AM
you can always just find the PH closest to the beach and lock down a single one. Some blues some xp greens at 20 among the ph.

The phs I tended to camp on my mage as I levelled him up were the ones close to the hill.

I bound in the windmill and would gate/camp if things got out of hand. It didn't tend to be too hard to track down a ph again, especially if you keep an eye on various spawn points.

Barm McLir
06-08-2017, 02:45 PM
My advice would be to temper your expectations. I camped it on my enchanter going from 20-26 and had to come back in my 30's. I killed 124 couriers before a ring finally dropped. Sometimes, I'd go three hours without seeing a courier -- sometimes, I'd get three in a row.

I went back recently at 40 to get another (to trade for Jboots). That one took about 30 couriers and I was able to do the double spawn in front of the ruins, or if that was camped, another double-spawn towards the Windmill.

The PH list on the wiki is correct and there's a *bunch* of spawn points so don't feel like you need to leave if some (e.g. ruins) are camped.

Danarnold001
06-08-2017, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the responses. I've decided to just skip the ring for now and focus on leveling the enchanter. I will get one eventually!

Danarnold001
06-12-2017, 10:54 AM
Random needless update:
After hitting 20 on the enchanter I decide take an adventure to Lake of Ill Omen(I love going to new places). As a level 20 enchanter I found the solo courier spawn spot easy to manage. Charm killing there is absolutely amazing, already halfway to 21 with very little time invested in the zone. I haven't seen a courier yet (I've had the flunkie/brigand ) but the exp is so good here. Just an FYI to any other enchanters looking to kill two birds with one stone.

Lhancelot
06-12-2017, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the responses. I've decided to just skip the ring for now and focus on leveling the enchanter. I will get one eventually!

This is the best thing to do.

The ring is not an easy camp especially for a lower lvl, because you literally cannot peel your eyes off the spawn points where the courier can spawn at for one second, otherwise you risk losing whatever mob spawned there and so no courier will spawn.

Also tons of wandering mobs in the area of the spawn points, and some are nasty like the casting goblins.

I camped the ring on 3 different occasions with a 50 shaman and a 50ish druid, for probably 12-15 total hours and never got a ring. Very annoying camp.

Jimjam
06-12-2017, 10:37 PM
The Loio field is actually pretty good xp up to 18ish. Not so easy to lockdown a courier spawn, but hey at least there is a chance of getting one, even just killing in the field.

Danarnold001
06-14-2017, 09:51 AM
Yeah, I'm actually quite impressed with the exp in the zone. The nice blue cons each are giving about 2% each. I tried sitting in Najena and camping the goblins for some of the ZEM benefits but there's just too much of a wait time on respawns. The fields are just littered with mobs. The goblin soothsayers can be troublesome at lvl 21 but even with a few deaths here and there I'm still lvling quite nicely. I'll come back to this place later when I'm forty or so and just sick use my animation to afk farm for one. This game is just so good! I love having a challenge in an MMO.

nostalgiaquest
06-15-2017, 12:43 AM
went from 1-60 using taper enchantment. Only had a few situations where I'd have to cast it more than once to break the charm. I personally prefer it to invis because you don't have to target yourself, cast, then retarget the mob. Using taper you've got the charmed mob already targeted for cast, clicky, root/nuke. I tired using invis for a while but I kept invising the charmed mob on accident by forgetting to target myself. But I'm also bad at EQ so maybe you'll be more gooder than me.

98bcobra
06-24-2017, 06:08 AM
I have gotten both my rings leveling my Necro and Monk in the low 20s on the single spawn point little ways away from the double spawn. Its is really good experience if you can keep up with the spawns. Finding the PHer can take some time but its exp also. This way I am leveling up and doing something worth it if I get a ring.