PDA

View Full Version : gem cutter skeleton (DL spire area) - canni 2 shm quest

Tanon DW
02-14-2011, 05:45 AM
1. Clay of Ghiosk. Comes from Army Behemoths in the City of Mist - Called Strange Ochre Clay, and identifies as "Clay of Ghiosk." confirmed dropped on first kill

2. Crushed Dread Diamonds. Go get a dufrenite (you can buy this at several cities). In the Dreadlands, in the area with all the wizard spires, there is a MOB called "gem cutter skeleton". He is inside one of the pyramids (there's an entrance on the ground), and is KOS to everyone. An Enchanter, Necro, or Bard is required to charm him so that you can hail him, and he talks about sparklies. Ask him "what dread diamond," and he offers to trade a dufrenite for one. Give him a dufrenite (while he's charmed) and he gives you a "Dread Diamond" [No Drop](not crushed), and says how they are very valuable but more so in the crushed form, and that you would require high skill and a spectral pestle to crush it. The spectral pestles are found on spectral guardians in Kaesora and Trakanon's Teeth, and combining the dread diamond + spectral pestle to make Crushed Diamonds, which identifies as "Crushed Dread Diamonds" (trivializes at around 70 Alchemy skill, so make sure your skill is high enough - you lose the pestle, but get the diamond back). Alternately, you can find Crushed Diamonds as a ground spawn in the Timorous Deep on the Golra island at -8850, -6040.
I tried to do the charm gem cutter skeleton way as TD isnt open yet on beta. Been a long time i did that on live so maybe I am wrong, but I couldn`t find the gem cutter skeletton in DL at the spire area. Moreover the spire/pyramid area is kinda empty, all i could find were 4 plaguebones and 1 spurebone. Most pyramids were empty.I`m not sure but weren`t there more mobs in that area? Killed some but always the same mobs respawned.

3. Powder of Yun. Come from Froglok Yun Shamans in Trakanon's Teeth. It is NO DROP, black and called Shaman Powder. Identifies as "Powder of Yun."
confirmed dropped on first kill, even dropped in lguk on P99 :D

4. Bone chips from the bones of one who has touched the Bath of Obulus. These are called Greyish Bone Chips, and come from Skeleton Warlords in Karnor's Castle. People will often let you loot these from their kill. They identify as "Obulus Bone Chips."
confirmed dropped on first kill

Uthgaard
02-14-2011, 07:19 PM
He's definitely in there. I'll add the missing skeletons once I get mq2 up and running on live again.

We do seem to be missing a vendor though. Adding that in.