PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got to 60 without dieing?

Topgunben
05-28-2017, 03:54 PM
Just curious if anyone has made it to 60 without dieing at all.

I've gotten my iksar necro to level 53 and have probably died about 50 times in my journey. FD has saved my life countless times, but I have also put myself in situations that have caused my death because i was overconfident in FD.

All that said, I think it would be quite impressive to make it to 60 without dieing.

Trazic
05-28-2017, 03:58 PM
I started to monitor my deaths when I realized my monk was 51 and had never died. Sadly I died like the next day after that realization.

Since then I have started a new shadow knight and am currently 43 without dying. I've mostly soloed with super twink gear and am currently doing lower guk.

Phenyo
05-28-2017, 04:27 PM
Would be a good way to play the meme self found mode characters, delete your char if you die.

rollin5k
05-28-2017, 05:15 PM
You could get to 60 without dying while in a drug induced coma. I think this game is only as hard as you make it.

Alanus
05-28-2017, 05:18 PM
It could be done by the right class and exp zones. Such as a druid or shaman that only stays in outdoor zones, with SoW up you could potentially always make it to a zone before you died.

If you were grouping in dungeons, it'd be very difficult for non-FD classes though.

skarlorn
05-28-2017, 06:42 PM
It would be an incredibly boring grind because you would never take risks

I'm sure some autist here would find that appealing

NachtMystium
05-28-2017, 09:37 PM
just ask all the alts that get PLd from 1-60

Methaniel
05-30-2017, 02:50 AM
When PoP was released on live a French guild powerleveled a character to without him dying once. That's cheating in a way but it's the only one I've heard about.

azeth
05-30-2017, 02:48 PM
You could get to 60 without dying while in a drug induced coma. I think this game is only as hard as you make it.

true. thats the south park WoW episode theory. slaying rats or what have you. I guess in EQ you'd just always hunt high greens or light blues

Jimjam
05-30-2017, 03:20 PM
ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED DELUXE TOOL BOXES FULL OF BONE CHIPS IN KALADIM!

Bashmeister
05-30-2017, 04:09 PM
true. thats the south park WoW episode theory. slaying rats or what have you. I guess in EQ you'd just always hunt high greens or light blues

it's always good to play it safe for efficiency! but while leveling the druid I take chances at yellows/reds while charm kiting - got 10% off one yellow in my early 30s off a yeti in DL and chase that high here and there :p It wasn't easy but well worth it.

Atmas
05-30-2017, 04:37 PM
I really don't think it is as hard as it is boring to get a character to 60 without death.

Topgunben
05-30-2017, 07:57 PM
I really don't think it is as hard as it is boring to get a character to 60 without death.

For some classes it's got to be infinitely more difficult. My guess is that a warrior would be the most difficult followed by an enchanter. My knowledge of enchanters is minimal. But it seems that all hell could break loose quite quickly when charm breaks, or multiple mezzes break at the same time.

I didn't mean for it to come off like a competition or a challenge. I was mostly curious if during semi normal gameplay, anyone had outrun death.

Vexenu
05-30-2017, 09:10 PM
I think my Mage was well into the 50s before I died on him. Leveled mostly solo, outdoors and SoWed as much as possible. Getting 50+ without dying didn't strike me as a particularly difficult feat, so if you're careful and know what you're doing it certainly seems possible to get to 60 without a death. The greatest danger at that point will be other people screwing up and getting you killed somehow (beware random pickup groups) or going LD at a bad time.

Vheran
05-31-2017, 02:33 PM
In terms of gimmick P99 servers, a PvE discord server wouldn't be a bad thing.

Question: how does discord work with raiding? Are there exempt mob caused deaths or would there just never be raiding? Feels like a dumb question but I'm sure there's been discord server experienced people here and I'm not one of them