PDA

View Full Version : Chris Cornell

Sabbath
05-18-2017, 05:40 AM
Don't troll this, he's one of the greatest singers to ever wake up from your awful nightmare...I hope he wasn't on dope because I always believed his vibe was natural

AzzarTheGod
05-18-2017, 05:45 AM
Don't troll this, he's one of the greatest singers to ever wake up from your awful nightmare...I hope he wasn't on dope because I always believed his vibe was natural

he is a great singer and its a huge loss. wayne static he is not....but its not really fair to compare or say he is the greatest though because he also happens to have a huge body of work to judge on.

layne staley didnt have that chance. weiland also squandered himself. They are arguably more talented.

Spyder73
05-18-2017, 08:39 AM
Chris Cornell was one of my very favorites. Layne Staley and Scott Weiland were both phenomenal singers but no one can touch Cornell in my opinion. They were coming to play in Dallas next week also =-(. I had never seen Soundgarden and was super stoked. Eddie Vedder is the only one left of the Seattle grunge rockers of the early 90's

RIP sweet prince

Utanven
05-18-2017, 01:49 PM
Damn.

Superunknown one of the first albums I ever bought myself as a kid in the early 90s... black hole sun, spoon man, blow up the outside world(underrated)... so good

Did some great work with audioslave too

A true rocker & amazing voice

Damn.

Samoht
05-18-2017, 01:56 PM
Heard an Audioslave song on the drive home yesterday. Had to turn the radio up.

Baler
05-18-2017, 01:59 PM
yikes I listened to black hole sun yesterday..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mbBbFH9fAg

Cecily
05-18-2017, 02:24 PM
Seriously bummed to hear about this today. At least we'll always have the uplifting message in his songs. Kill your health and kill yourself and kill everything you love. And if you live, you can fall to pieces and suffer with my ghost.

Sidelle
05-18-2017, 02:32 PM
:confused: I can't believe this. I LOVED HIS VOICE. It was unique & straight-up AMAZING. He's been my absolute favorite singer since I first started listening to Soundgarden in the early 90s. I was sad when Layne Staley died. I loved him too, but this is hitting me harder. Wtf. Also, Scott Weiland died a while back. And Prince... All if them gone way too soon... Why couldn't they have sacrificed Madonna instead? That ugly whore probably still owes blow jobs to the men who she got to vote for Hillary.

Take this CONSPIRACY THEORY (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQqJggIeVYo) with a grain of salt. Just came across this guy's video questioning the "suicide". Is he batshit crazy or is there some truth to what he's talking about regarding secret societies, devil-worship, human sacrifices, etc?

I only just recently discovered that Satanic after-school programs for kids literally exist! I thought it was a joke at first.

Phenyo
05-18-2017, 02:39 PM
CIA bunked him off just like cobain

Baler
05-18-2017, 02:43 PM
If you could sign a contract in your 20's that promised you'd be rich and famous but you'd die after say age 50 give or take a few years. Would you?

Phenyo
05-18-2017, 02:45 PM
If you could sign a contract in your 20's that promised you'd be rich and famous but you'd die after say age 50 give or take a few years. Would you?

No only a young soul would think material wealth is more important than longevity

Cecily
05-18-2017, 02:53 PM

Lol 50s. Would sign if you had to join the 27 club.

No only a young soul would think material wealth is more important than longevity

As someone who's been called an old soul before, I'd rather take quality of years over quantity.

Baler
05-18-2017, 02:54 PM
Lol 50s. Would sign if you had to join the 27 club.

50 was just a number pertaining to the thread. It could be any age. The question is just would you sign your life away for fame and riches, knowing you'll die sooner rather than naturally later.

Cecily
05-18-2017, 02:59 PM
I sincerely appreciate you explaining that for me. Now consider how what I wrote relates to that idea.

Baler
05-18-2017, 02:59 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club

idk I don't get it. rock n' roll artists like to drink, do drugs and get into accidents?

Cecily
05-18-2017, 03:09 PM
Are you really not following me? I'm saying yes and I'd even be cool with passing at 27 with some impact on society to show for it.

Baler
05-18-2017, 03:12 PM
Are you really not following me? I'm saying yes and I'd even be cool with passing at 27 with some impact on society to show for it.

The flame that burns Twice as bright burns half as long.
?
---
This brings up a can of worms. Is infamy the same as fame after time passes?

Pokesan
05-18-2017, 03:13 PM
:confused: I can't believe this. I LOVED HIS VOICE. It was unique & straight-up AMAZING. He's been my absolute favorite singer since I first started listening to Soundgarden in the early 90s. I was sad when Layne Staley died. I loved him too, but this is hitting me harder. Wtf. Also, Scott Weiland died a while back. And Prince... All if them gone way too soon... Why couldn't they have sacrificed Madonna instead? That ugly whore probably still owes blow jobs to the men who she got to vote for Hillary.

Take this CONSPIRACY THEORY (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQqJggIeVYo) with a grain of salt. Just came across this guy's video questioning the "suicide". Is he batshit crazy or is there some truth to what he's talking about regarding secret societies, devil-worship, human sacrifices, etc?

I only just recently discovered that Satanic after-school programs for kids literally exist! I thought it was a joke at first.

is this a joke

Cecily
05-18-2017, 03:14 PM
I think she's kinda crazy :(

Baler
05-18-2017, 03:17 PM
didn't you know? Teachers whisper satanic chants into the ears of babes.
Kappa

Then at the end of the day they blood sacrifice the classroom pet. Usually a hamster suffices.
Haven't you seen the propaganda they send home with children to give to their parents?

Cecily
05-18-2017, 03:26 PM
This brings up a can of worms. Is infamy the same as fame after time passes?

Jesus was pretty unwell-liked in his time and that opinion REALLY changed with that whole Holy Roman Empire thing. Hitler was pretty famous once and is less well regarded now.

Fame. Infamy. I think it's the same thing. Opinions can change about a man, but nothing can change the fact that ALOT of people have an opinion about him.

Samoht
05-18-2017, 03:27 PM
Fame. Infamy. I think it's the same thing. Opinions can change about a man, but nothing can change the fact that ALOT of people have an opinion about him.

Infamy means the same thing as fame, but fame doesn't mean the same thing as infamy. It's a frogs and toads situation.

Baler
05-18-2017, 03:31 PM
well I'm satisfied with this thread. Thanks for the chat Cecily. Sorry I missed interpreted what you said a page back.

Cecily
05-18-2017, 03:38 PM
I'd argue it's always the same thing. Just depends on which side of the fence you're on. A person convicted for running a cannibalistic BDSM petting zoo/daycare center might rightfully be considered infamous by some if not most people, but you might regard that person as quite a hero for living the dream if you happen to be cannibalistic BDSM enthusiast.

And furthermore, who can say how public opinion about cannibalistic BDSM will change over time? Why can't someone into kinky sex and eatting human flesh be considered a responsible child care provider and pet owner?

Samoht
05-18-2017, 03:45 PM
But the words cannot be used interchangeably due to the negative connotations associated with infamy. A toad is always a frog, but a frog is not always a toad.

Cecily
05-18-2017, 03:52 PM
I conceed that point, but I've never respected connotations personally.

-an idea or feeling that a word invokes in addition to its literal or primary meaning.

That strikes me as a suggestion, and the humor possibilities for filling in a blank with an appropriate but "wrong" word never fail to amuse me here or IRL. That's why my analogies never work for the purpose of arguing, but it makes me laugh writing it so w/e.

Samoht
05-18-2017, 04:01 PM
You could say Rebecca Black is famous/infamous for her song Friday.
You could say Jeffrey Dahmer was infamous/famous for raping, killing, and eating boys (sometimes in that order).
You would never say Bill Gates and his wife were infamous for the good work they do with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

Cecily
05-18-2017, 04:15 PM
That's because the language you're using negates itself. Bill and Melinda Gates were infamous for their good work. Which I do find kinda funny and yeah I absolutely could find a way to say that. Just the likelihood of a person using a negative connotation (infamous) to describe something they're biased to positively (good work) isn't very high. Now if I had a negative opinion about people richer than god amusing themselves by seeing if you really can fix all the world's problems by throwing money at them... infamous would absolutely apply to them and the concept of connotative relativity comes back into play.

Pokesan
05-18-2017, 04:23 PM
nerds

Cecily
05-18-2017, 04:25 PM
Fuck off. I like talking about writing things. In other news, Chris Cornell died.
Baler did bring up a good point. He did he burn out or fade away? Which is better?

Bazia
05-18-2017, 04:30 PM
temple of the dog was the only thing he contributed to that had any value

fuck yall and fuck chris cornell

Bazia
05-18-2017, 04:31 PM
i doooooont minnnnnnnd steeeeeealin breaaaaaaad

georgie
05-18-2017, 04:38 PM
P sure he's on some private property somewhere

AzzarTheGod
05-18-2017, 04:44 PM
temple of the dog was the only thing he contributed to that had any value

fuck yall and fuck chris cornell

Baler
05-18-2017, 04:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0_zzCLLRvE

"And all my friends are skeletons"

chadtwoke
05-18-2017, 06:33 PM
I don't normally give a shit when celebrities pass away but this dude was such a huge part of my youth that I feel kind of sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cawk2cMTnGo

Novoselic
05-18-2017, 07:41 PM
rip kurt cobain wannabe

no lie soundgarden was a great band, the world lost an amazing musician today

Ahldagor
05-18-2017, 08:21 PM
Hanged himself after a show. Some depression issues I'd wager. Or drugs. Rock stars love drugs.

Jorgam
05-19-2017, 12:04 AM
Hanged himself after a show. Some depression issues I'd wager. Or drugs. Rock stars love drugs.

Tragic and unsuspected to go out like that. Really can't believe it. =(

Ahldagor
05-19-2017, 12:19 AM
Christopher Boykin and Roger Ailes. Odd trio.

entruil
05-19-2017, 12:21 AM
mad skilled underrated... i don't like a lot of it but recognize...

may he rest in peace...

Cecily
05-19-2017, 07:17 PM
My favorite of his songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU4L6THYAbM

chadtwoke
05-20-2017, 09:12 AM
Illuminati hit job confirmed.

THEY GOT 'EM.

Jarnauga
05-20-2017, 04:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2KblF8dW0Q

NachtMystium
05-21-2017, 02:26 AM

If any of these conspiracy theories about music artists, why is beck still alive?

edit: was driving to taco bell the other day and heard "Fell on black days" on the radio and cranked that shit ALL the way up. It was so surreal and poignant to hear it the day after he supposedly took his own life, which I don't find hard to believe tbh

Glesni99
05-23-2017, 12:45 PM
Unbearable loss to those closest to him, - doesn't bear thinking about. For the rest of us he's surely immortal.

Everything he composed or sang catapulted the soul - stratospheric soaring. Cwsg mewn hedd Anam Cara.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=krMk8IV4cVE

Glesni99
05-23-2017, 02:59 PM
anyone who kills themselves is a fucking loser

RIP shitbag

Reveling in your own limitations keeps you on a bitter trajectory, petal. Another persons state of mind doesn't require your cerebral blessing in order to exist, any more than a geographical location requires your presence in order to exist. It's a bleak and terrible place, I imagine - and no one in their right mind would chose it.

georgie
05-23-2017, 05:09 PM
Reveling in your own limitations keeps you on a bitter trajectory, petal. Another persons state of mind doesn't require your cerebral blessing in order to exist, any more than a geographical location requires your presence in order to exist. It's a bleak and terrible place, I imagine - and no one in their right mind would chose it.
Stop trying so damn hard it's a forum and most are on a cellphone

Glesni99
05-23-2017, 08:30 PM
Stop trying so damn hard it's a forum and most are on a cellphone

Many thanks for the advice on how to be cool in the modern age of online forums and mobile phones! I will, however, continue to be as decadently wordy as is possible - especially in the face of inflammatory, baseless, spew. Speaking ill of the dead sticks in one's craw.

Away now to your cave, with you cellphone induced linguistic decline :)

Glesni99
05-23-2017, 08:50 PM
To steer the thread back to our beloved - Dave Grohl said hearing Black Hole Sun for the first time blew him away, and Soundgarden had nailed the Beatles meets Black Sabbath sound.

What beautiful alchemy. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+blow+up+the+&view=detail&mid=24AA3A801909F023749024AA3A801909F0237490&FORM=VIRE

originalman
05-23-2017, 09:35 PM
To steer the thread back to our beloved - Dave Grohl said hearing Black Hole Sun for the first time blew him away, and Soundgarden had nailed the Beatles meets Black Sabbath sound.

What beautiful alchemy.

https://i.imgur.com/MsCRrfU.png

JurisDictum
05-23-2017, 09:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mbBbFH9fAg

I always thought you would have to have some depression issues to sing the song like that. I bet the fame just delayed the inevitable in his case.

Edit: Burden In My Hand was always my favorite song of his though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmIqIVxUuKs

NachtMystium
05-23-2017, 10:05 PM
"depression isn't real" "suicide is for pussies"

I know it's hard for retards to realize your brain has certain things in it that alter your thinking, but if depression isn't "real" why are depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts listed on side-effects of certain medications?

Anyone who comes at me with that "depression isn't real" bullshit I tell them to go on a hard drug binger for a month straight then quit cold-turkey and come back to me on how they feel in their heads. Some people don't need to do drugs to have chemical imbalances in their brains.

Hop back on your riding lawn mower and get the fuck outta here with that shit

Glesni99
05-25-2017, 01:38 PM
Hop back on your riding lawn mower and get the fuck outta here with that shit

:D <3

https://youtu.be/vVXIK1xCRpY

chadtwoke
05-27-2017, 09:27 AM
Many thanks for the advice on how to be cool in the modern age of online forums and mobile phones! I will, however, continue to be as decadently wordy as is possible - especially in the face of inflammatory, baseless, spew. Speaking ill of the dead sticks in one's craw.

Away now to your cave, with you cellphone induced linguistic decline :)

are you serious

Muggens
05-28-2017, 10:18 AM
Good riddance - Black Hole

Sabbath
06-20-2017, 02:45 AM
All of you try hard nerds and trolls need to fuck off in this thread. Don't ancient alien my thread either. Cobain wannabe? He's no wayne static? The illuminati? Lolol

Spyder73
06-22-2017, 08:38 AM
RIP Cornell - Best voice in Rock N Roll