PDA

View Full Version : Can Someone Direct Me To The Skeleton Laugh File Name and Location?

nephritus
05-18-2017, 02:51 AM
Does anyone know the file name for the classic skeleton laugh and its location in the EQ folders. Ive looked through the Sounds folder but i don't see any "skl_lgh.wav". Im working under the assumption the sound file is in my EQ folders (maybe its not?).

nephritus
05-18-2017, 03:23 AM
Found a skeleton laugh file on Nexus but would still be interested to know where its located in the EQ folders if someone knows.

Gnomish
05-18-2017, 05:41 AM
The sounds subfolder is only used for more modern monsters, zones, etc. The sound you're looking for is in snd4.pfs. I'm not sure whether you're looking for the "melee" laugh (skelatt1.wav) or the "spell" laugh (skelatt2.wav), but they're both in there.

Are you looking to delete these sounds from the your files so you don't have to hear the skeleton laughter anymore? Or are you aiming to extract them for some other purpose, such as a text notification sound? Either scenario is pretty easy to achieve using the dev tool known as S3DSpy.

RedSlave
05-18-2017, 09:06 AM
Oh geeze, if I can remove the rat squeaking noise from the game, Befallen would be about 90 times more tolerable.

Gnomish
05-18-2017, 09:30 AM
Oh geeze, if I can remove the rat squeaking noise from the game, Befallen would be about 90 times more tolerable.

This is definitely doable using S3DSpy. I created a custom soundpack (https://shardsofdalaya.com/forum/threads/h-u-s-h-custom-soundpack-to-disable-annoying-sounds.30351/) over at Shards of Dalaya specifically to remove a number of obnoxious sounds (mainly loops, such as fairy twinkling, spectre robe flapping, and rain/thunder/wind sounds). If you want to stamp out some of the more annoying sounds yourself, I recommend you do the following:
Make backups of snd1.pfs through snd9.pfs in case you need to revert later on.
Acquire S3DSpy.
Using S3DSpy, extract all contents from snd1.pfs through snd9.pfs into separate folders for each .pfs.
Listen through all of the sound files, making note of which ones you want to delete.
Delete them using S3DSpy.

Listening through hundreds of files sounds like a ton of work, but most of them are only about one second in length.

nephritus
05-18-2017, 09:39 AM
awesome thanks gnomish.

You got me too, im looking to have the laugh as a text notification for my phone.

loramin
05-18-2017, 12:29 PM
Here's another thread about the same issue, but the solution only involves notepad (and it even lists the skeleton laughs): https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165237

Gnomish
05-18-2017, 12:45 PM
Here's another thread about the same issue, but the solution only involves notepad (and it even lists the skeleton laughs): https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165237

Good call! I forgot that that's actually the go-to method for removing sounds. It's how I compiled the soundpack I linked in my earlier post, yet it had already slipped my mind. :o

nephritus
05-18-2017, 11:23 PM
Got both the skelly laughs on my phone now. Thanks they sound great!