PDA

View Full Version : Returning after 15 years

Solacyde
05-17-2017, 02:07 PM
Hey all, havent played the game since PoP and have been lurking these forums for a while now and I finally decided to play and boy is it good to be back. Anyone have any advice for an Enchanter? where to get some ok starting gear or make some plat to get gear? Any guilds recruiting new players?

Thanks, see you in game.

loramin
05-17-2017, 02:46 PM
Welcome (back)!

where to get some ok starting gear or make some plat to get gear? Any guilds recruiting new players?

Enchanters really don't need starting gear: wearing what you loot should be just fine until you start charming (and even then the Goblin Ghazugi Ring is a "(very) nice to have" item, not a true necessity). But if you do want to earn some low-level plat the Treasure Hunting guide on the wiki (link in my signature below) has many suggestions.

As for finding guilds there are two options: the wiki and the forum. The wiki (http://wiki.project1999.com/Guild_List) is better organized, and groups the "casual" guilds (what you want at your level) together. However, it's also a bit out of date, so once you find guilds you're interested in you'll have to check the forum to make sure they're still around.

Or you can start in the forum (http://www.project1999.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18). Every active guild will have a thread there, and those threads should have the latest info about the guild ... but you'll have to wade through every thread in the forum to find the ones you're interested in, as they're not organized in any way.

Tupakk
05-17-2017, 02:49 PM
Roll a Druid and join DaP. It is the fastest way to gear up any starter player. In a month or two you will be rolling in plat.

Barlu
05-17-2017, 06:13 PM
I would suggest just trying to get levels as fast as you can as an enchanter and not worry too much about gear. I would go High Elf with 25 charisma and 5 intelligence. Should give you higher charisma than other races without really any gear. I'd shoot for the gear below which is pretty cheap but Enchanters are really a powerful class even with little to no gear. Fill in the rest of the slots as you go.

The rod below is about 500pp but the quest is pretty easy. When I started on the server j kept my live froglok faction in tact and would ask higher level players running through upper Guk if they could kill the quest mob for me. You will be able to see if he is up and holding the quest piece then just ask someone to kill and loot. The other hard piece drops off Shadowed Men who are killed pretty frequently by JBoot farmers so you should be able to loot that as well.

Crude Stein - 20pp/free if you go into zone they rot daily from people killing guards
7 chasisma bracers - not exactly sure but less than 40pp each
Rod of Insidioud Glamour - 500pp
5 ac 55hp rings x2 - 220pp each

High Elf enchanter was my first character on p99 and I wouldn't have done it any other way.
Good luck and enjoy.

nostalgiaquest
05-17-2017, 07:08 PM
Dark elf is better than high elf in my opinion, but its just an opinion. I really get good use out of their hide ability, and high elves are just so damn ugly, lol. My first char here was an enchanter and it was a fun road to start from nothing and work up.

As a lowbie, make your way to EC and suffer with a pet until lvl 12. If you're polite you can score buffs off people hanging in the tunnel, and you might even get a hand me down or two.

Once you get lvl 12 (or lvl 8 if you make a dark elf), go do the stein of moggok quest. It's easy, it's fun, and it's a quest! Lots of guides online for it, make a mule in qeynos so you don't ruin your faction. Also pick up a crude stein from someone killing guards in Oggok. They're usually for sale real cheap from vendors in zone as well. Double steins will treat you nice for a few levels (and you get to look like a drunk) till you either save up money or get high enough to quest for your insidious rod.

At lvl 12 you get your first charm, and the game becomes way more fun. Head over to steamfront and kill minotaurs off to the left of the zone in. Its a great place to learn the ropes of charming. Zone is nearby, vendors are nearby, and they drop decent loot. Lots of online guides for charming.

From there move to the sisters in lesser faydark. Its camped a lot, but its also a great charming spot, and they drop bronze weapons which sell for a few plat a piece. Great place to build up some money for spells and gear. Vendor in zone you can bind at, kill them till your bags are full, gate, sell, and run on back. But like I said, its usually camped, but I was able to get lucky a few times.

Also get yourself a kromzek surveyors scope. Its a dirt cheap +5 int range item that has a "clicky" effect. by clicking it, it will reset the cooldown on your top spell slot, which comes in handy in a big way. It's annoying because it changes your sight up, but you can click off the effect. You'll learn to love the clicky, and until you can afford a insidious rod, it's your cheapest option.

And don't forget to group. Chanters are almost always wanted in groups and bad ones can screw everyone over. Learn your role as crowd control and you'll be loved across the land.

Diana_Welch
05-18-2017, 12:18 AM
Is it possible to get the first charm at level 10?

dcbone86
05-21-2017, 08:20 PM
Is it possible to get the first charm at level 10?

First one is 12.

Also get yourself a kromzek surveyors scope. Its a dirt cheap +5 int range item that has a "clicky" effect. by clicking it, it will reset the cooldown on your top spell slot, which comes in handy in a big way. It's annoying because it changes your sight up, but you can click off the effect. You'll learn to love the clicky, and until you can afford a insidious rod, it's your cheapest option.

And don't forget to group. Chanters are almost always wanted in groups and bad ones can screw everyone over. Learn your role as crowd control and you'll be loved across the land.

WoW never knew that about the scope. Good to know 35 levels later!

cubiczar
05-21-2017, 10:53 PM
For starting cash just do this quest http://wiki.project1999.com/Exotic_Drinks 250pp each time you run it. Just be sure to make an alt to kill the fish (level 3 or 4 on the alt first I think to make your life easier). Think at lvl 12 you can do it with any race or level 4 with a dark elf.

Diana_Welch
06-16-2017, 11:18 PM
For starting cash just do this quest http://wiki.project1999.com/Exotic_Drinks 250pp each time you run it. Just be sure to make an alt to kill the fish (level 3 or 4 on the alt first I think to make your life easier). Think at lvl 12 you can do it with any race or level 4 with a dark elf.

oh, I knew it! Good thing I saw your post. :D

Nuggie
06-18-2017, 01:02 AM
learn to charm rogues where possible. their dps is huge as long as you can keep them at the mobs' back.

the telescope nostaligiaquest is talkign about resets the global cooldown for all spells, not just the top spell. so you cast a spell, click telescope, immediately cast another spell. for instance: charm breaks, cast your aoe stun, telescope, cast mess. this allows you to get the mess off before the stun wears off, taking no hits.

also, dont go cheap, keep those self rune spells up. the cost you put in up front will save you exp and time in the long run.

Nuggie
06-18-2017, 03:52 PM
Yea, it's the level 34 spell rune 3 that uses jasper. Just got it on my chanter. Haven't taken it for a run yet.