PDA

View Full Version : Sourberry doing great things for Ocean of Tears

Troxx
05-17-2017, 01:11 PM
Figured I'd give a shout out to a revolutionary new way of handling the AC camp in OOT

Sourberry says out of character, AC List Sourberry -> name -> name -> name. If you log out to alts or leave the zone you forfeit your place on the list. Contact me to be listed.

I was there killing furies for a while and the list was updated quite often. People got dropped for leaving.

You want the camp? You sit there. Not willing to sit there? Someone else will take your spot. In the long run this will make it easier for those that really need and want it to get it and make it less easy for the farming MQer's to corpse a half dozen rings.

Should become the new server standard imo. If you aren't there, you can't just reserve a list spot.

Sourberry doing the Lord's work.

iggi
05-17-2017, 01:14 PM
While it's a waste of time for players, I agree. a 6+ person long list is insane and makes me log immediately.

Drakakade
05-17-2017, 01:22 PM
This use to be the server rules that were established back when Kunark was released for the Prod camp (and others) - after much discussion, and many hours of GMs wasting their time.

It was a good rule, and was easily policed by folks in zone. There use to be a thread here somewhere about it, but probably got deleted / archived

Baler
05-17-2017, 03:00 PM
I've met Sourberry, nice fellow.

Phenyo
05-17-2017, 03:02 PM
pras

Rivera
05-17-2017, 03:06 PM
Agree'd. How it should be.

Swish
05-17-2017, 03:13 PM
I wonder if anyone petitioned because their legal rights weren't being respected :D

Lhancelot
05-17-2017, 05:33 PM
I was there killing furies for a while and the list was updated quite often.

Technically there is no such thing as "lists" when regarding camps. Lists are 100% player made and honored. Not all players honor lists, either.

mickmoranis
05-17-2017, 06:27 PM
Figured I'd give a shout out to a revolutionary new way of handling the AC camp in OOT

I was there killing furies for a while and the list was updated quite often. People got dropped for leaving.

You want the camp? You sit there. Not willing to sit there? Someone else will take your spot. In the long run this will make it easier for those that really need and want it to get it and make it less easy for the farming MQer's to corpse a half dozen rings.

Should become the new server standard imo. If you aren't there, you can't just reserve a list spot.

Sourberry doing the Lord's work.

the funny thing is that is literally how it worked at Najina.. and they changed it from najnia becuse this is how it worked.

that said, I would prefer it never changed and stayed on najina.

Tupakk
05-17-2017, 06:44 PM
Technically there is no such thing as "lists" when regarding camps. Lists are 100% player made and honored. Not all players honor lists, either.

I agree. There will always be that one asshole that doesn't care. And will poach for FTE. AC is just one of those things.

Honestly I'd rather make 7k than deal with what kind of shit show that happens out on OOT

loramin
05-17-2017, 07:02 PM

Defrauding
Fraud quite simply is the act of unfaithful trade or negotations with another party. This includes false representations of your intentions. This can be lieing, deceiving, slandering, falsely representing yourself or impersonating another player, which ultimately results in the loss or damage of currency, items, camps, reputation, etc of another player

Not to get all young lawyer, but it seems like if you tell someone "oh yeah, you're totally next" ... and then you let your friend go instead, that would seem to qualify. It's "lieing, deceiving" and it would "ultimately result in the loss of ... items, camps".

Ennewi
05-17-2017, 07:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn0u7IutCgw

Bubbles
05-18-2017, 01:37 AM
Depressing that the only two new threads in general are a 'try red' thread, and one about OOT and camps.... sigh.

Ivah
05-18-2017, 02:09 AM
I wonder if anyone petitioned because their legal rights weren't being respected :D

Doesn't blue sound so much better then red swish?

Lhancelot
05-18-2017, 10:22 AM
Depressing that the only two new threads in general are a 'try red' thread, and one about OOT and camps.... sigh.

It's hard to make new threads, all that happens is either you get flamed by angry nerds or debates about nothing pop up and then things get personal.

The only people that create new threads here are new players or people who are in need of help that come here out of desperation hoping some veterans can give advice and direction.

Valakut
05-18-2017, 11:02 AM
while this is true at least this revolutionary player made agreement is 100% transparent which may incentive others to honor the agreement that normally would not otherwise

Swish
05-18-2017, 12:33 PM
Doesn't blue sound so much better then red swish?

No not really. Your hands are tied in so many ways. PvP removes the need for squabbling over a camp, an FTE, etc. Sure it would be nice if red had more players but if you miss your blue pals they're just a cross server tell away....

/tell live.ivah come on down ;)
/tell pvp.swish omw :)

Jhaerik
05-19-2017, 02:54 AM
The moment you boot me off AC list because I logged an alt.. I'm going to come back and start killing it myself, and politely inform you to contact a GM if you have an issue with it.

I've held many AC lists and always do the same thing. When I get my ring I continue to hold camp and msg the next person on the list. If they don't respond withing 5 or 10 minutes I message the next person until someone takes it. Then hand them the list.

Jimjam
05-19-2017, 05:05 AM
Once you get the ring are you even permitted to 'hold the camp'?

It seems to me the next available person on the list should be present by the time the next mob spawns.

Tenlaar
05-19-2017, 05:13 AM
The moment you boot me off AC list because I logged an alt.. I'm going to come back and start killing it myself, and politely inform you to contact a GM if you have an issue with it.

That seems like a winning strategy. I look forward to the R&F thread that you post afterwards.

Ennewi
05-19-2017, 06:49 AM

I've held many AC lists and always do the same thing. When I get my ring I continue to hold camp and msg the next person on the list. If they don't respond withing 5 or 10 minutes I message the next person until someone takes it. Then hand them the list.

Polite or not, you'll be pissing off the player who booted you from the list and the player who took your place. Even if you get the AC kill/rules lawyer successfully, that's a great way to ruin your rep and not get on a list again, at least not one of mine, just based on principle.

Troxx
05-19-2017, 07:08 AM
Any static spawn mob is campable. AC is therefore campable and you have to maintain presence at a camp. It stands to reason the gms will similarly respect player run systems that encourage maintaining presence.

If you log in your main and start KSing, I'd bet my arse you not only lose the lawyerquest case but also get yourself suspended in the process.

The "list" under the standard approach is cumbersome. If you can't be bothered to stay in the same zone, the dude willing and driven to do so and who has waited nearby should get the next crack. In the end, I bet we see fewer people camping it for cash and more of the folks that need and are willing to wait stick around.

As for myself? None of my goons need it and it's faster and more fun to just acquire the cash.

dude
05-19-2017, 08:11 AM
dude keeps a list
/note

Lhancelot
05-19-2017, 05:45 PM
AC ring story:

I was once in OOT waiting for the AC ring camp. Some wizard popped in, seen the camp holder just get the AC (pure luck he logged in and it happened to spawn.)

The wizard grats'd the camp holder, asked are you done? She said "yes." He then said "great it's my camp now then."

I sent a tell to the camp holder who was also holding the list, and she was really angry because her friend was the next guy on the list, who the wizard skipped.

I asked her if she told him there was a list, and she said yes - after she said she was done with the camp. He said he didn't care about a list and since no one was there to take the camp, it was now his.

Since no one was at the AC when she said she was done to take the camp except the wizard, he helped himself.

A lot of angry people that day.

The ridiculous thing was, a week later that same wizard was on "the list" for another AC ring.

He was also corpsing rings, he would get a ring, then get corpsed, and wait for the next AC to pop after the ring dropped once, because he said often times it would pop two times in a row.

I seen multiple corpses on the island he had stockpiled.

So, the dude was a POS, and he used whatever rules or system would benefit him the most when it was convenient for him.

Baler
05-19-2017, 06:11 PM
TL : DR - I lhancelot spent too much time at AC camp and got punked.

Bristlebaner
05-19-2017, 06:26 PM
I'd roll an enchanter and go get some real loot in a dark, dungeony hole.

Lhancelot
05-19-2017, 10:51 PM
Best thing to do is become a fat cat in the tunnel, and just buy jboots from the peasants who sell the MQ. So much easier that way.

Jimjam
05-20-2017, 02:02 AM
AC ring story:

I was once in OOT waiting for the AC ring camp. Some wizard popped in, seen the camp holder just get the AC (pure luck he logged in and it happened to spawn.)

The wizard grats'd the camp holder, asked are you done? She said "yes." He then said "great it's my camp now then."

I sent a tell to the camp holder who was also holding the list, and she was really angry because her friend was the next guy on the list, who the wizard skipped.

I asked her if she told him there was a list, and she said yes - after she said she was done with the camp. He said he didn't care about a list and since no one was there to take the camp, it was now his.

Since no one was at the AC when she said she was done to take the camp except the wizard, he helped himself.

A lot of angry people that day.

The ridiculous thing was, a week later that same wizard was on "the list" for another AC ring.

He was also corpsing rings, he would get a ring, then get corpsed, and wait for the next AC to pop after the ring dropped once, because he said often times it would pop two times in a row.

I seen multiple corpses on the island he had stockpiled.

So, the dude was a POS, and he used whatever rules or system would benefit him the most when it was convenient for him.

I'm not sure I understood your post, because you know what? It's the person a the top of the lists responsibility to be there ready for the next spawn after AC.

If the spawn is essentially uncamped then of course it is 'better' for someone to start turning over spawns again, even if that person wasn't on the list; at least they bothered to show up on time. Ideally this person will also respect the previous list when their turn is done and pass it over to someone on the list who actually bothers to turn up next time.

Corpseing rings annoys me (as I am not an MQer and like to quest boots for my own characters), but I understand why people do it. People want J boots, so others will supply them (for a tidy profit).

Personally I think farming jboots is a terrible way to make plat.

Swish
05-20-2017, 03:10 AM
What was the wizard's name?

Lhancelot
05-20-2017, 09:33 AM
What was the wizard's name?

Trying to think now, I have not seen him for awhile. Ah, it was Radioflyer. Man, that took me some time to recall it. I have not seen him in quite some time now though.

Honestly I wasn't that upset by his behavior, because I was on the list, and the list that day had me so far down it I probably would never see the camp that day. When the guy took the camp when the holder said she was done, he got the ring within 2-3 hours iirc, and I was next because I decided to sit there till he got it, or I had to log.

I had just come back to game after a long break, so found the situation kind frustrating, but interesting.

It also made me write a post about it, to ask about the rules regarding the AC, because I actually could see why people would do what he did, not honor some player made list, when the list was so long and had so many people on it, that chances of him getting a ring that day would have been highly unlikely.

I ended up benefitting from his assholery actually.

In fact, reading the old post now, I seemed more annoyed with people having alts on the list, and I did not like how the dude corpsed AC rings so I had asked if that was permissable.

***MM dug up an old post by Derubael, and posted it in that thread, so here it is regarding the AC spawn camp.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1652719&postcount=9

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derubael

Pretty clear-cut, and these exact rules have been around in one form or another for quite some time. I really need to compile a "Project 1999: Errata and other extraneous information" post to put all this stuff. For now, this will have to do:

Camp holder has the right to pass the camp to whoever he would like. However, and this is very important, two things must happen in order for this to be a legitimate hand-off:

1) The player being handed the camp must be present around the time the first placeholder spawns after the last holder of the camp has gotten his or her item in hand. The person handing off the camp must stay at the spawn until the next person in line arrives, if that person is on their way to take the camp. There is a little leeway here, and we refuse to set an exact timer on how long the placeholder can be up before the camp is forfeited, but in general it should never be for more than a couple minutes or so. We tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the person coming in to take the camp in these situations as CSR staff, so waiting a bit longer will never hurt. W

2) The person holding the camp cannot mislead you, or change his mind after telling you who is next. Something that no one ever does (and I will never understand why) is to specifically address the camp holder, asking who is next or if you can be next. The camp holder does need to reveal to you who the next intended camp holder is - if he doesn't, you may ask to be next and your claim will be valid unless he reveals the next person immediately. This person cannot change after the camp holder has "revealed" the next person to take the camp to you. It is an automatic forfeit if this occurs. If you ask to be the next camp holder and are told yes, the camp holder may not later retract or change this agreement and attempt to hand the camp off to someone else - it's yours once he has gotten his item or moved on from the camp.

Something else important to note about handing off camps - in particular, popular ones, but this applies to any camp that becomes contested. If you are solo camping, once you attain the item you were waiting for (an AC ring, for example) you are done camping that mob. The person coming to take the camp had better be prepared at this point in order to come eliminate the very next placeholder spawn in order to "stake his claim" on the mob. You cannot work wacky corpse lines on lore items in order to grab multiple items in the same "camp session" if there are others waiting to take the camp. Please be aware that we reserve the right to apply this same ruling to any camp if we deem it necessary, including camps with multiple players.

Troxx
05-20-2017, 11:29 AM
Bilbik tells you, You removed me from the list because my alt was on another character and I didn't message you to update which alt I was on?

Bilbik tells you, lol have a good day prick

Rofl ... such anger.

Not on your main? Ok. Not on your designated alt? Ok. Mad at me that i didn't know you had a tertiary alt that was to be on the list?

Fuck you.

/grin