PDA

View Full Version : Project 1999 Red Discord Server

Samsonite
05-15-2017, 03:16 AM
Why is this server listed on the homepage? Can we just get rid of R99 and release the Discord server yet? Whats it gonna take? a years salary of burger king to get this shit rolling out?

Samsonite
05-15-2017, 03:18 AM
No real eq classic pvp enthusiast is going to play Zek anyways cause the server dies every 2 months. We need a stable server with a good population and no crusty neckbeard lifetime prescription oxycontin addicts playing on it.

We need real casuals with real lives who just wanna play some eqpvp and relive that nostalgia that we think about every week or so a couple times maybe even three times a week.

Get the ball rolling GM's. Ill provide the burger king, you provide the server.

AzzarTheGod
05-15-2017, 03:33 AM
daybreak shut down the Discord launch.

I'd guess because it was too close to Phinigel at the time.

The attempted roll-out of discord too early likely dashed future chances of being able to release a new box under the P99 brand for a long time with Agnarr around the corner.

Swish
05-15-2017, 07:49 AM
Unless DeyBreak Games is releasing a discord server I don't see how it interferes with anything at all.

KEWLGET
05-15-2017, 09:22 AM
p99 staff was hyping discord and teams left and right

p99 staff comes to agreement with daybreak games for "legitimacy" of the project

p99 staff suddenly becomes completely silent about future development

it's pretty clear; they're obviously not going to come out and say that considering it goes against their "legitimacy" claim

Nirgon
05-15-2017, 09:32 AM
Deycuck p99

Tassador
05-15-2017, 09:50 AM
I think another reason is why bother. The same underskilled internet social seekers are going to play blue. And the same 40 rejects going to play red. Discord or teams will pull a little from both for abbit, but everyone it brings in will quit. Because it's Everquest and we are in 2017.

Rizzle
05-15-2017, 01:46 PM
I honestly believe that the reason r99 has such a low population is because its a FFA pvp server. I played on Sullon Zek back in the day and absolutely loved playing on a team pvp server. I would've played on a pvp server here as well except that its a FFA server. The idea that anyone can kill you is a HUGE turn-off and I feel is a deal breaker for many, including myself.

I would quit blue in an instant if they released a team pvp server. Even if it ended up being the same people from r99, knowing that a portion of the server is on the same team as me makes pvp a lot more tolerable. Knowing that 1/3 or 1/2 of the population can't swoop in and kill me I think makes it a lot more enjoyable.

Servant
05-15-2017, 01:59 PM
On R99 they call teams "guilds". It's a new concept, I know :)

Rizzle
05-15-2017, 02:13 PM
I mean yeah, you have a guild once your established on the server. But what about when you first start out and have 0 affiliation with anyone. Then you get ganked because there is no one else on your team, get frustrated and then quit. I feel like that is what happens to the large majority of people that try R99. Versus Sullon Zek where all the people you are leveling with are on Evil team and can actually get some levels before pvping.

Just my opinion. I think team pvp makes for a healthier environment for the general masses. I feel like R99/FFA pvp is for the hardcore which is why it's such a small population.

Retticus
05-15-2017, 03:04 PM
Can't wait for daybreak to relaunch to p99 code and everyone fucks off

Servant
05-15-2017, 04:28 PM
I mean yeah, you have a guild once your established on the server. But what about when you first start out and have 0 affiliation with anyone. Then you get ganked because there is no one else on your team, get frustrated and then quit. I feel like that is what happens to the large majority of people that try R99. Versus Sullon Zek where all the people you are leveling with are on Evil team and can actually get some levels before pvping.

Just my opinion. I think team pvp makes for a healthier environment for the general masses. I feel like R99/FFA pvp is for the hardcore which is why it's such a small population.

I dunno, I came up on RZ and it was fine, but also it had item loot on, so it only took one death and that asshole with a fungi was a guy with no chest item. Here with no item loot, people are free to put the most insane droppable gear onto their little twink with no fear of repercussion. Of course, the downside of the RZ way is that anyone that was wearing their pve gear would spend all their time in pvp bagging their items as fast as possible instead of actually fighting.

In any event, I've leveled a bunch of characters on R99. I've been killed sometimes, but it's nothing like you fear. Every now and then some twink could shut an exp group down, especially in MM and CoM, but you could always just play a different character for awhile, or grab your corpse (LNS if necessary) and go find a different zone to level in. Even that was rare though, mostly the twinks are just an annoying, and the REAL griefing starts at level 56.

Damn
05-15-2017, 04:37 PM

There's literally no penalty for death

There is no real grief on this server anymore why wouldnt you play here

Or do you need a 400 player darkie security blanket??

Tassador
05-15-2017, 05:09 PM
There's literally no penalty for death

There is no real grief on this server anymore why wouldnt you play here

Or do you need a 400 player darkie security blanket??

man you're an absolute idiot.

Server needs penalties for pvp deaths.
Server needs the ability to grief (get over it you nudnick)
Server is vastly under populated for 4 years of kunark and now 5 years of velious.

loramin
05-15-2017, 05:12 PM
Server needs the ability to grief (get over it you nudnick)
Server is vastly under populated for 4 years of kunark and now 5 years of velious.

Why, and do you not see the connection between #1 and #2?

deadlycupcakez
05-15-2017, 05:15 PM
Then you get ganked because there is no one else on your team, get frustrated and then quit.

I never understood this argument -the frequency of pvp deaths on red compared to pve deaths on blue are fractional at best

loramin
05-15-2017, 05:31 PM
I never understood this argument -the frequency of pvp deaths on red compared to pve deaths on blue are fractional at best

People don't like getting ganked: seems pretty easy to understand.

It really doesn't matter what the exact ratio of deaths are: when your options are "the server I get ganked on one out of N non-PvP deaths", or "the server I never get ganked on", it's pretty obvious why the population is distributed the way it is.

And then if even one of those ganking is from a de-leveled fungi-wearing griefer, it really doesn't matter what the ratio is, because just once is enough.

Tassador
05-15-2017, 05:54 PM
Get over it. If you had any fucking ability you'd get ganked once maybe twice and move on. It happens, but you're a blue loser that likes easy games.

Heebo
05-15-2017, 05:54 PM
I honestly believe that the reason r99 has such a low population is because its a FFA pvp server. I played on Sullon Zek back in the day and absolutely loved playing on a team pvp server. I would've played on a pvp server here as well except that its a FFA server. The idea that anyone can kill you is a HUGE turn-off and I feel is a deal breaker for many, including myself.

I would quit blue in an instant if they released a team pvp server. Even if it ended up being the same people from r99, knowing that a portion of the server is on the same team as me makes pvp a lot more tolerable. Knowing that 1/3 or 1/2 of the population can't swoop in and kill me I think makes it a lot more enjoyable.

Holy shit what a pussy

Tassador
05-15-2017, 05:56 PM
The loser part was uncalled for in the blue world sorry. You are just not good at this game. Thanks for playing :)

deadlycupcakez
05-16-2017, 02:23 AM
People don't like getting ganked: seems pretty easy to understand.

It really doesn't matter what the exact ratio of deaths are: when your options are "the server I get ganked on one out of N non-PvP deaths", or "the server I never get ganked on", it's pretty obvious why the population is distributed the way it is.

And then if even one of those ganking is from a de-leveled fungi-wearing griefer, it really doesn't matter what the ratio is, because just once is enough.

and people like charm breaks during crit lull resists? im sorry, but the above argument that "people dont like getting ganked" when there is so much built in punishment in the strictly PVE game just doesnt have any weight...

Beastagoog
05-16-2017, 03:58 AM

p99 staff comes to agreement with daybreak games for "legitimacy" of the project

it's pretty clear; they're obviously not going to come out and say that considering it goes against their "legitimacy" claim

Yah this is pretty much on point.

Which means that there is NEVER going to be a timeline specific server either once the final patches go in (Chardok 2.0) (because that's a wipe and/or new server) So literally everyone having 10 level 60's is what remains of both these servers till the end of time.

But you can understand this as the bread and butter of Daybreak's income is rehashing TLP servers, i.e Agnaar. I half suspect the next one to come after Agnarr will be a Gate's locked server etc, etc. so that they cover the various demography's of everyone's ideal "best for EQ expansion era".

MEGANS LAW
05-16-2017, 10:08 AM
Cucked 1999. Sad state of affairs.

loramin
05-16-2017, 12:06 PM
and people like charm breaks during crit lull resists? im sorry, but the above argument that "people dont like getting ganked" when there is so much built in punishment in the strictly PVE game just doesnt have any weight...

So your argument is basically "the game is hard already, everyone should want it to be harder"? Seems pretty weak. Plus, getting ganked by a griefer that you had no way of stopping is an entirely different set of misery than dying because you were stupid and punched Fippy Darkpaw when you were at 10% health in PvE.

Which means that there is NEVER going to be a timeline specific server either once the final patches go in (Chardok 2.0) (because that's a wipe and/or new server) So literally everyone having 10 level 60's is what remains of both these servers till the end of time.

Never say never. It won't happen tomorrow, but I find it hard to believe that after eight (or however many it's been at this point) years the staff would just give up on a progression server (and to a lesser extent the discord server).

If Daybreak truly said "no new servers, ever", and the staff really did give up, why would there be any secrecy? What would either P99 or Daybreak have to lose by saying "sorry guys, it's not going to happen"?

If I were Daybreak, I'd be thinking "I don't want these P99 punks to make me sell less Agnar subscriptions ... but other than that I want to let them keep going, as it's good for the brand for people to be excited about EverQuest." If I was thinking that way, I might say to P99 "hey, if you launch a new server before Agnar has had N months to earn us money, we will completely and utterly destroy you. And if you even tell people a new server is coming in N months that might stop them from playing Agnar too, so don't you dare say anything."

But once N months rolls around ...

HippoNipple
05-16-2017, 12:52 PM
But once N months rolls around ...

Daybreak will announce a new Progression server like they have for the last several years.

Keykey
05-16-2017, 01:10 PM

Wrong

4/29/15
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191146

9/16/15
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211293

Try again!

mickmoranis
05-16-2017, 01:28 PM
I think another reason is why bother. The same underskilled internet social seekers are going to play blue. And the same 40 rejects going to play red. Discord or teams will pull a little from both for abbit, but everyone it brings in will quit. Because it's Everquest and we are in 2017.

what red has over blue is that both of these groups are rejects.

mickmoranis
05-16-2017, 01:30 PM

I dont understand you people, why not just get a tag? theres no difference except if you start mouthing off to a guildmate he has the ability to kill you..

Seriously whats the dif in your minds eye?

mickmoranis
05-16-2017, 01:36 PM
So your argument is basically "the game is hard already, everyone should want it to be harder"?

this is virtually 99% of the reason this emu exists and everyone isnt on a wow emu or live....

loramin
05-16-2017, 01:43 PM
this is virtually 99% of the reason this emu exists and everyone isnt on a wow emu or live....

I was responding to:

Of course people like it hard: that's why they keep playing even after they die from charm breaking at a bad time. But to say "well charm breaks happen, therefore everyone should want more misery in their lives" is a pretty dumb argument, and the population numbers show that no one is buying it.

Not to mention that, as I just said, getting ganked by a griefer is something you have no control over, which makes it far more miserable than dying because you punched a mob when you had low life.

Nirgon
05-16-2017, 02:01 PM
Ya you have no control over being able to check the zone and plug for 20 minutes if need be

loramin
05-16-2017, 02:06 PM
Ya you have no control over being able to check the zone and plug for 20 minutes if need be

Because that's what every first-time Red player does. And because not playing for 20 minutes because some loser gets off on schadenfreude is so much fun it will make everyone want to stay ... right?

Look I'm not saying make Red Blue. All I'm saying is that is that even on Rallos Zek most guilds formed an alliance to take on the griefers (although as I understand it they maybe went a bit far and prohibited all world PvP). If you don't address griefing, you get Red's population, because no one likes being griefed. You can make all the arguments you want about how I'm wrong and how great being griefed is, but arguing the problem doesn't exist won't fix it or help Red's population.

HippoNipple
05-16-2017, 02:59 PM
Look I'm not saying make Red Blue. All I'm saying is that is that even on Rallos Zek most guilds formed an alliance to take on the griefers (although as I understand it they maybe went a bit far and prohibited all world PvP). If you don't address griefing, you get Red's population, because no one likes being griefed. You can make all the arguments you want about how I'm wrong and how great being griefed is, but arguing the problem doesn't exist won't fix it or help Red's population.

They tried that on here with a guild called the Good Guys. They were destroyed and fucked off back to blue.

Buhbuh
05-16-2017, 03:24 PM
Because that's what every first-time Red player does. And because not playing for 20 minutes because some loser gets off on schadenfreude is so much fun it will make everyone want to stay ... right?

Yeah, GMs sort of botched combating the grief on Red in the first week of release when they let it play out naturally on the 600 people playing there, then made rules consistently favoring those who enjoy grief, and even still, they only arbitrarily enforced those rules based on mood when legitimate offenses came up.

That's not even up for debate. That happened. GMs apparently simply won't just ban retards, so there's basically no behavior that will get you a lasting, forever punishment from the staff (despite being deserving of it). You can chop that up to having a jelly spine or just not caring. Take a wild guess who mirrors those sentiments. Every guild, ever.

Literally all that's left is a pro-grief population, in whatever latent or subverted form that takes.

mickmoranis
05-16-2017, 03:24 PM
there is virtually no greifing anymore but thats because everyone who plays is level 60 or in jail.

Nirgon
05-16-2017, 04:22 PM

The people who were nice pals to play with sucked at PvP and got run off

There's a couple reasons also why the player base wasn't so excited to stay and of course entirely the fault of the players there too *eye roll* @ dat.

But more seriously learning in EQ can be a very rough experience when compared to other games, the PvP aspect is no exception. There should be item loot too.

deadlycupcakez
05-16-2017, 04:30 PM
So your argument is basically "the game is hard already, everyone should want it to be harder"? Seems pretty weak. Plus, getting ganked by a griefer that you had no way of stopping is an entirely different set of misery than dying because you were stupid and punched Fippy Darkpaw when you were at 10% health in PvE.

Nono, I'm saying that the case being presented that "people don't like being ganked so people don't play red," literally equates across servers to, "people don't like losing hours of invested time to unforgiving and (needless to say, unpredictable) RNG, therefore people don't play classic Everquest." This, however, just isn't the case. Which is why the first argument just never made sense to me.

I never understood this argument

loramin
05-16-2017, 04:56 PM
people don't like losing hours of invested time to unforgiving and (needless to say, unpredictable) RNG, therefore people don't play classic Everquest." This, however, just isn't the case.

Right, I think I get your point now. Basically I'd just simplify it down to control. When you die in a fair PvP fight, or when you die in PvE (usually) you have control. Afterwards you say, "if only I had done X I could have won or survived". But when a griefer kills you not only do you have zero control over it, you also know that he's getting his nut off at your misery. To me that makes them different in a meaningful way from normal PvE deaths.

loramin
05-16-2017, 05:09 PM
They tried that on here with a guild called the Good Guys. They were destroyed and fucked off back to blue.

Literally all that's left is a pro-grief population, in whatever latent or subverted form that takes.

The people who were nice pals to play with sucked at PvP and got run off
There should be item loot too.

So obviously item loot would help with fungi twinks, but it won't happen. And clearly past efforts by the community to combat griefing have failed. But sometimes things have to get worse before they can get better.

Maybe if Red's population keeps dropping, Red players will become motivated enough to find solutions they couldn't in the past. Heck, if mickmoranis is to be believed the server is already well on it's way ;)

there is virtually no greifing anymore but thats because everyone who plays is level 60 or in jail.

Or maybe we all just have to wait for Discord. /shrug

Servant
05-16-2017, 05:12 PM
All of this aside, I really think you overestimate the amount of griefing that occurs here from 1-55. 56+ yeah, it can be rough sometimes, but at 56+ you can also join Apex or Ragnarok and have basically half the server's pvpers on your side.

Did you know, you can /consent your own characters? Did you know you can "plug" (end task EQ) while zoning and you won't come out the other side? Did you know that you can have a wizard put a TL box up on you and then you can go loot your corpse out from under the campers and click the TL box to escape? Did you know that many of the twinks are well-known alts of well-known pvpers, and that a little recruiting in /ooc can often gain you assistance in fighting them? Did you know that the vast majority of leveling zones are so underutilized on low pop r99 that pvpers never even set foot there?

It just takes a little creativity and patience and you can escape any situation, even unto letting your corpse rot and having Cylock summon it back for you. And for those that say there are only griefers left, that's just total BS. Griefers hang out with griefers, and that's all they see, but most people are much more mellow and pve focused, especially pre-60.

Just hang the excuses up and come dive in. Water's fine.

Nirgon
05-16-2017, 05:26 PM
It takes one or two deaths for your average blue snow flake to uninstall their operating system and hold their breath until they pass out

These are the same people that melt down if you inspect them or say you should pay for a port or get mad if you remind them they should haste the group as a shaman

Buhbuh
05-16-2017, 05:26 PM
I could elaborate on the inventive ways that people grief each other on (or off) this server using non-traditional avenues but it would be dizzying and take way too long and have ultimately no effect on anything.

Red server is more political than it is Everquest. Logic doesn't apply.

Beastagoog
05-16-2017, 05:57 PM
New players that get grief (which we all did when we started) try to level the meta path.

1-10 newbie zone
10-25 unrest
25-40 mm
40-50 CoM
50+ solb

In unrest, mm, CoM, and solb are your highest concentration of twinks. So you gotta think outside the blubie meta mindset to level.

For the most part low level twinks generally are players that cant kick it at 60 i.e die alot (think players like Hekktor or Sixx both great geared rogues who are meh players ) so their only resolve is to make twinks and gain a massive mechanical advantage over new players and sit and wait.

Sixx was griefing new players by having a toon in the nub leveling guild and finding out where they were leveling then getting his monk/buffed ported to them (probably thru boxing half the time).

This is griefing and a reason why the server pop is low as most probably his behaviour forced a few people not want to play red99.

Now you multiply that by the 10-15 people that have done the same thing over the past years and boom the pop is -100 already.

Having a twink in mm and logging in once a day to pvp isnt really grief, there is a huge difference. I have leveled a few toons in my time (8+ level 55s) and most mm twinks are there to have fun, get some kills then bounce. Players that go out of their way to sit on groups till they break up and people log out is where the problem is.

I've said it since day one, and it stays true till now. If you don't give new people a chance to enjoy the red99 server for it's PvE spiced up with a bit of PvP then they just simply stop playing because of the various griefing twinks. When I starter playing I had people root me on naked runs then agro mobs and root them next to me to xp kill me but I pushed thru and found it to be a fun server albiet super low pop.

On red99's the super griefers (players like Sixx) are the main reason this server is 100-120pop at peak because they deny potential players a chance to enjoy the server when they first join just to pad some imaginary score on a leaderboard.

(It is another reason why yt's shouldn't even be announced till 55+ that is the players both have to be 55-60 for a YT to be announced)

Tassador
05-16-2017, 06:01 PM
You do realize there is as many good players on blue as there playing on red. They just don't understand the mechanics. This lorman guy looks like a forever newb.

AzzarTheGod
05-16-2017, 06:31 PM
I could elaborate on the inventive ways that people grief each other on (or off) this server using non-traditional avenues but it would be dizzying and take way too long and have ultimately no effect on anything.

we have been deprived

loramin
05-16-2017, 08:17 PM
All of this aside, I really think you overestimate the amount of griefing that occurs here from 1-55. 56+ yeah, it can be rough sometimes, but at 56+ you can also join Apex or Ragnarok and have basically half the server's pvpers on your side.

Did you know... *long list of great Red tricks*

Here's the thing: new players don't know any of that, and more importantly none of that is relevant when you're trying to get your level 2 necromancer to level 3 in the Field of Bone and some douche with a fungi keeps killing you. Red is a bag full of players, and every griefer is a hole in that bag. Blue is a bag without holes, and unsurprisingly it keeps more players.

You can insult new players for not knowing how to PvP fight, but all the PvP knowledge in the world won't help against Mr. Fungi. You can talk about loot and scoot, but new players won't know about it, and even if they did with or without their corpse they still can't take on the fungi. And you can talk about camping and waiting for him to go away, bit no one in their right mind thinks that's fun. All those thing don't matter, because at that point Red has already lost another player.

Now you can insult those players all you want. You can call them weak or stupid, or anything else, but at the end of the day insulting people for leaving won't make them stay. All I'm saying is instead of thinking like veteran Red players and looking for reasons why everyone else is a loser who doesn't deserve to play on Red in the first place, maybe y'all could try having a little empathy for what it must be like to start on Red. If you want to improve the population that is.

This lorman guy looks like a forever newb.

C'mon, at least spell my damn name right.

Servant
05-16-2017, 08:55 PM
Here's the thing: new players don't know any of that, and more importantly none of that is relevant when you're trying to get your level 2 necromancer to level 3 in the Field of Bone and some douche with a fungi keeps killing you. Red is a bag full of players, and every griefer is a hole in that bag. Blue is a bag without holes, and unsurprisingly it keeps more players.

New players also don't know that you might eat 2 harmtouches from mobs immediately upon zoning into HS, but I have faith they can learn. Have you ever actually seen a fungi twink in field of bone? I mean .. really?!? If that's what happened to you, then you are stressing over an EXTREMELY fringe case - it's rare I see ANYONE in FoB, let alone a fungi twink.

You can insult new players for not knowing how to PvP fight, but all the PvP knowledge in the world won't help against Mr. Fungi. You can talk about loot and scoot, but new players won't know about it, and even if they did with or without their corpse they still can't take on the fungi. And you can talk about camping and waiting for him to go away, bit no one in their right mind thinks that's fun. All those thing don't matter, because at that point Red has already lost another player.

If you use LNS, a very detailed description of which can be found pinned at the top of these forums, there'd be very little relevance as to whether you could subsequently take out the twink - it'd be a violation of LNS to try. There are play nice policies that it behooves you to learn and understand on the blue server as well, right? Also, I haven't uttered even a tiny insult - these 10 guys you see with thousands of forum posts, they troll all day long, and in /ooc too - You don't know how to ignore trolls or something? Maybe they're right about your overly delicate sensibilities. I never once had to camp out of pvp, either. You act as if fringe scenarios are the regular scene, and that's just bullshit. Use your head and the impact of griefers on your r99 career will be practically nil. We've probably spent as much time on this conversation as I've spent being actively griefed on red, and I have hundreds of cumulative character levels.

Now you can insult those players all you want. You can call them weak or stupid, or anything else, but at the end of the day insulting people for leaving won't make them stay. All I'm saying is instead of thinking like veteran Red players and looking for reasons why everyone else is a loser who doesn't deserve to play on Red in the first place, maybe y'all could try having a little empathy for what it must be like to start on Red. If you want to improve the population that is.

"you" being the aforementioned 10-20 trolls. As if there's no fkin trolls on blue - they just have different subject matter, and give you the shaft in a different way. Grow a pair, buddy.

MiRo2
05-16-2017, 09:20 PM
Here's the thing: new players don't know any of that, and more importantly none of that is relevant when you're trying to get your level 2 necromancer to level 3 in the Field of Bone and some douche with a fungi keeps killing you.

I've yet to see or hear about fungi twinks hanging out in newbie zones, I've also not heard of them hanging out in CB or Unrest(remember we have server wide OOC someone would say something about it), but it wouldn't surprise me if it happened occasionally there.

Most of the ones that are common in the leveling path MM, CoM, etc will hit you once ever couple hours or so, which comes out to about twice before your out of range to them again.

PvP happens to new players, but its not as game ending as people seem to want to believe it is.

loramin
05-16-2017, 09:46 PM
Grow a pair, buddy.

You can call them weak or stupid, or anything else, but at the end of the day insulting people for leaving won't make them stay.

See this is what just isn't getting through. It's not about me, it's not about my "pair", and it's not about (just) my own personal experience on Red (which, by the way, was that exact FoB/fungi scenario, although to be fair it happened something like a year ago).

What it's about is the new blood: Red doesn't have any, and that's why the population sucks. My experience with the fungi griefer in FoB may be relatively unique, but getting griefed off the server shortly after trying it isn't ... at least if you extrapolate from all the other stories in the "come try Red" threads. And for every player who gets griefed off, you can be pretty sure that several others will also get scared away when the first guy shares his experience in the next "try Red" thread Swish creates.

PvP happens to new players, but its not as game ending as people seem to want to believe it is.

I know griefing isn't Red's only problem, but it seems like a big one to me. If the new blood isn't being scared off the server by griefing, what is scaring them away then? Genuine question, not rhetorical.

Rapidwave
05-16-2017, 09:54 PM
People exaggerate twinks so much. That isn't the problem with Red at all imo.

Red is stale as fuck and no new player should roll here. The server is dead, 1-50 is a single player game and the end game isn't much better. Who wants to play Everquest of all games solo?

The end game is just one big clique of 2 sides that alternate for years. Look at the forums, it's 15 people that post nonsense and all type with the same phrases.

Server has to be wiped to get some fresh blood in here but that will never happen. Team server would be worse after the hype wears off. Let it rot and let the junkies enjoy their 40 pop box

Nirgon
05-16-2017, 10:54 PM
You can insult new players for not knowing how to PvP fight, but all the PvP knowledge in the world won't help against Mr. Fungi.

I personally witnessed Cipro, last Lord of the Kedge slay some epic fungi rogue twink in Crushbone

Beastagoog
05-17-2017, 05:29 AM
People exaggerate twinks so much. That isn't the problem with Red at all imo.

Red is stale as fuck and no new player should roll here. The server is dead, 1-50 is a single player game and the end game isn't much better. Who wants to play Everquest of all games solo?

The end game is just one big clique of 2 sides that alternate for years. Look at the forums, it's 15 people that post nonsense and all type with the same phrases.

Server has to be wiped to get some fresh blood in here but that will never happen. Team server would be worse after the hype wears off. Let it rot and let the junkies enjoy their 40 pop box

Cant say this aint true either.

Pretty goog summary.

Ivah
05-17-2017, 06:46 AM
Anyone who claims to be "griefed" should just play another game\server. That word is for shit players who complain all day on blue, then come and get stomped on red. Fungi's do not make players here invincible your just playing the game wrong. Must be really frustrating to suck at a 18 year old game.

Tassador
05-17-2017, 06:47 AM
C'mon, at least spell my damn name right.

No

Buhbuh
05-17-2017, 05:00 PM
If you want to improve the population that is.

I'll let you guess how the majority of the people on this box (and especially these forums) feel about that particular point.

In fact, you can login to Red and find people openly admitting in global OOC that they want this server to burn. Daily. You can even relay those things to a guide or GM.

Barking up the wrong tree, pal.

HippoNipple
05-17-2017, 05:03 PM
I'll let you guess how the majority of the people on this box (and especially these forums) feel about that particular point.

In fact, you can login to Red and find people openly admitting in global OOC that they want this server to burn. Daily. You can even relay those things to a guide or GM.

Correct, most people, even the ones that can't stop logging in, would rather the population go to 0 so there would at least be a chance of a fresh start one day.

heartbrand
05-17-2017, 05:15 PM

You openly advocated for people to quit. You also RMTed which puts the entire project at risk.

Pot kettle

mickmoranis
05-17-2017, 05:18 PM
idk im sure we can get a recycle server or discord server up and keep the red/blue server for all the folks that want to keep their little virtual EQ barbie toys on eventually.

Id expect the entire project to come to an end before one of the 2 current servers.

Beastagoog
05-17-2017, 05:34 PM
So many people I talk to re:EQ are playing Agnarr.

Pretty sure pop is gunna shrink 30-40% when that server launches in a week.

smoe might come back, but a PoP era TLP? beats blue and red99 hands down and the timeline will work out well for Pantheon too, by the time PoP is done an dusted on it that game should be launching.

mickmoranis
05-17-2017, 06:25 PM
not sure anyone on red really cares if pop shrinks....

Bardalicious
05-18-2017, 08:17 AM

This guy may be from blue, but he's not wrong. I've stated many times on these forums in the past that one of the key reasons that Red failed is because of the community. I played Rallos Zek back starting in classic, and the reason it worked so well is because of the self-policing community, and to a somewhat lesser extent, item loot.

People on R99 are more prone to attack first and ask questions later. Back on Rallos, guilds that went FFA on all other guilds were looked down upon and kept in check because of the pk/anti-pk dynamic of the players. Sure, you had guilds like Flowers of Happiness and Inimical that'd go out of their way to give everyone a hard time. But PvP just to mess with xp groups and to grief players out of the game was far more rare overall.

People would actively farm sets of no drop gear for their PvP characters as well because of item loot. Being able to throw a fungi on at low levels without having to risk losing it is just stupid. The first fungi I ever owned on Rallos was from some iksar monk that would terrorize misty thicket noobs, so I got a few friends together, we chain blinded him so he couldn't bag his gear, and ganked his ass. R99 will never feel that type of satisfaction with no item loot.

derpcake
05-18-2017, 12:03 PM
This guy may be from blue, but he's not wrong. I've stated many times on these forums in the past that one of the key reasons that Red failed is because of the community.

I'm PLing people on euro hours pretty much daily. Its not because its not in ooc or on the forums that nothing positive is happening.

Cylock is putting in work and abuse is very limited if you have a bit of common sense.

Crazycloud
05-18-2017, 12:46 PM
This guy may be from blue, but he's not wrong. I've stated many times on these forums in the past that one of the key reasons that Red failed is because of the community. I played Rallos Zek back starting in classic, and the reason it worked so well is because of the self-policing community, and to a somewhat lesser extent, item loot.

People on R99 are more prone to attack first and ask questions later. Back on Rallos, guilds that went FFA on all other guilds were looked down upon and kept in check because of the pk/anti-pk dynamic of the players. Sure, you had guilds like Flowers of Happiness and Inimical that'd go out of their way to give everyone a hard time. But PvP just to mess with xp groups and to grief players out of the game was far more rare overall.

People would actively farm sets of no drop gear for their PvP characters as well because of item loot. Being able to throw a fungi on at low levels without having to risk losing it is just stupid. The first fungi I ever owned on Rallos was from some iksar monk that would terrorize misty thicket noobs, so I got a few friends together, we chain blinded him so he couldn't bag his gear, and ganked his ass. R99 will never feel that type of satisfaction with no item loot.

Actually real reason why red fails is there is no REAL red gms. Blue gms come here and think they know whats going on. No offense to blue gms but knowledge is key when it comes to running the server. Not only do you need a red GM on the server but you need a red coding GM as well. Ranger track broken for years (what ranger wants to log in with broken track). What enchanter wants to log in with almost all MR spells not landing? (mind you lvl 8 Chaotic Feedback main key to stopping gates during classic/kunark/velious/luclin. What bard wants to log in with nothin landing? just a selos/pell bitch. Can't even fucking duck cast on red LOL.

That's how they want it so thats how it is. Main focus is on blue

Servant
05-18-2017, 01:25 PM
That's classic. Rapture, tash, and dispel were my only consistent pvp tools on rallos zek as an enchanter. Everyone had MR gear, there was no point trying to cast a root or dd or anything like that.

derpcake
05-18-2017, 02:50 PM
Actually real reason why red fails is there is no REAL red gms. Blue gms come here and think they know whats going on. No offense to blue gms but knowledge is key when it comes to running the server. Not only do you need a red GM on the server but you need a red coding GM as well. Ranger track broken for years (what ranger wants to log in with broken track). What enchanter wants to log in with almost all MR spells not landing? (mind you lvl 8 Chaotic Feedback main key to stopping gates during classic/kunark/velious/luclin. What bard wants to log in with nothin landing? just a selos/pell bitch. Can't even fucking duck cast on red LOL.

That's how they want it so thats how it is. Main focus is on blue

Haynar has moved to TAKP, it is what it is.

As a fellow red player I don't understand why you are complaining here, make the best of it.

Patches will be done right about when the discord server goes live, aka this place is what it is, accept or move on. Sirken all into weed, and I genuinely don't believe he'd give a fuck about the server even if he wasn't stoned out of his mind all day.

Not bashing staff here, just an objective statement.

HippoNipple
05-18-2017, 04:40 PM

I wouldn't just blame the community. Item loot created the social aspect on RZ. People being scared of PKers created the guilds that policed the server. If this server had the same rules as RZ there would probably be more emphasis on picking who you played with. Item loot in the Kunark era would have been huge for small guilds like Friends. There probably wouldn't be many big zergs. It would be smaller crews doing content with minimum numbers.

mickmoranis
05-18-2017, 06:29 PM
I wouldn't just blame the community. Item loot created the social aspect on RZ. People being scared of PKers created the guilds that policed the server. If this server had the same rules as RZ there would probably be more emphasis on picking who you played with. Item loot in the Kunark era would have been huge for small guilds like Friends. There probably wouldn't be many big zergs. It would be smaller crews doing content with minimum numbers.

yea

Crazycloud
05-18-2017, 06:49 PM
Haynar has moved to TAKP, it is what it is.

As a fellow red player I don't understand why you are complaining here, make the best of it.

Patches will be done right about when the discord server goes live, aka this place is what it is, accept or move on. Sirken all into weed, and I genuinely don't believe he'd give a fuck about the server even if he wasn't stoned out of his mind all day.

Not bashing staff here, just an objective statement.

You think this is staff bashing or complaining? this is facts. Stating the REAL reason why red server isn't successful and it's the reason why. Don't like it? then don't read it.

And i'll say it again, that's how they want it, so that is how it'll be.

Sear
05-18-2017, 08:11 PM
To be fair, GM'ing is miserable work. Good luck finding another Sirken to do it for free.

I'd fix that ranger tracking bug bc dev work is actually fun. GMs should be getting paid something for what they do.

AzzarTheGod
05-18-2017, 11:50 PM
whole thread thx 4 comment

georgie
05-19-2017, 12:23 AM
Wasn't aware sirken had any credentials as far as programming or scripting.

mickmoranis
05-19-2017, 12:26 AM
dude have u seen the matrix? he almost killed neo...

Bardalicious
05-19-2017, 07:54 AM

I know my post was pretty TLDR but I did mention item loot as the other reason.

Smedy
05-19-2017, 08:11 AM
discord is coming any day now, trust me i'm from the internet

Zade
05-19-2017, 08:25 AM
the world is your oyester

Sirban
05-19-2017, 02:26 PM
This thread needs a good fandango berg

Swish
05-20-2017, 02:59 AM
Wasnt there a rumor that Daybreak might sell off the EQ franchise? Going back a while...if so that might be the best thing for P99 and being able to make new servers.

Beastagoog
05-20-2017, 03:19 AM
Wasnt there a rumor that Daybreak might sell off the EQ franchise? Going back a while...if so that might be the best thing for P99 and being able to make new servers.

I doubt that.

The TLP servers would be making them millions each year with next to no content needed to be created.

I would love to know how much they paid for the franchise from Sony ( I bet is was next to nothing, like a couple of million ).

it's a gold mine really if you think about it, along as they keep bringing out TLP server over the next few years.

oricalum
05-20-2017, 03:29 AM

Lol, your gif's will never grow old.

Retticus
05-20-2017, 08:05 AM
Not to sound like a broken record but every post indicated project management issues.

Teppler
05-28-2017, 10:06 PM
Some of my favorite EQ memories came from discord. Even with the hackers and everything. The suspense was just wild. I'm really bummed the project tailed off.

Gustoo
05-30-2017, 02:17 AM
Confirming there is still a chance I saw a shooting star today and know for a fact that this server can still happen.

Yeah the discord intensity was intense. Honest John's had a ranger pal for extra intense enemy tracking. I hope that track gets dialed in here.

Everyone who likes any PvP at all is missing out big time not getting to try the madness that is discord.

AenorVZ
08-12-2017, 05:20 AM
Sucks Rogean won't just come clean and say "Daybreak said no new servers."

Gustoo
08-23-2017, 12:24 AM
Came here to post to confirm that discord is imminent and item loot on red 99 also imminent after rolling it back to classic era only to support non thriving pop.

Rhuobhe
08-23-2017, 04:54 PM
I got a confirmation from aradune pantheon will have a pvp server

AzzarTheGod
08-24-2017, 04:05 AM
Confirming there is still a chance I saw a shooting star today and know for a fact that this server can still happen.

Yeah the discord intensity was intense. Honest John's had a ranger pal for extra intense enemy tracking. I hope that track gets dialed in here.

Everyone who likes any PvP at all is missing out big time not getting to try the madness that is discord.

looking forward to more gustoo posts

its like watching alice in wonderland on a forum. luv traveling with this guy

AzzarTheGod
08-24-2017, 04:06 AM
I got a confirmation from aradune pantheon will have a pvp server

hey look a non-troll post

kotton05
08-24-2017, 09:44 AM

He was on red last night..! Fixing things!

loramin
08-24-2017, 01:35 PM

Llandris has said (essentially) the exact opposite. Someone posted yet another "Daybreak won't let us have new servers" post and Llandris responded with something to the effect of "you shouldn't believe in rumors".

It's not quite a slam dunk, but really if Daybreak was preventing new servers why would Llandris bother posting that?

Jazzy
08-24-2017, 01:38 PM
No offence but only nilbog and rogean are worth a damn

Sorry u lost

AzzarTheGod
08-24-2017, 06:01 PM
Llandris has said (essentially) the exact opposite. Someone posted yet another "Daybreak won't let us have new servers" post and Llandris responded with something to the effect of "you shouldn't believe in rumors".

It's not quite a slam dunk, but really if Daybreak was preventing new servers why would Llandris bother posting that?

1) Llandris isn't privy to the Daybreak agreement.

2) He is also not privy to the personal communications of Rogean with Daybreak via email. i like the guy and this isn't a slam on Llandris, so I'm not even going to bother speculating on why he would post that other than to push back on "rumors".

loramin
08-24-2017, 06:29 PM
1) Llandris isn't privy to the Daybreak agreement.

2) He is also not privy to the personal communications of Rogean with Daybreak via email. i like the guy and this isn't a slam on Llandris, so I'm not even going to bother speculating on why he would post that other than to push back on "rumors".

Stick your head in the sand all you want; for years conspiracy nuts claimed Velious would never happen too.

At the end of the day you've got a server-sanctioned (ie. Nilbog/Rogean-sanctioned) guide publicly saying to give it up with this "Daybreak won't let us have new servers" nonsense. Believe him if you will, or believe in the big boogieman Daybreak, chemtrails, autism from vaccines, and all that other crap .

AzzarTheGod
08-24-2017, 07:05 PM
Stick your head in the sand all you want; for years conspiracy nuts claimed Velious would never happen too.

At the end of the day you've got a server-sanctioned (ie. Nilbog/Rogean-sanctioned) guide publicly saying to give it up with this "Daybreak won't let us have new servers" nonsense. Believe him if you will, or believe in the big boogieman Daybreak, chemtrails, autism from vaccines, and all that other crap .

Whose head is in the sand Mr. loramin ?

You realize Velious never had a strict timeline like Discord did? Discord was slated for launch, ETA given by nilbog was 3 months to 6 months maximum while they worked out the ruleset, tentative dates and updates were given and staff was in communication the entire time, even Sirken et al. nilbog was actively posting about it and taking feedback. Sirken would discuss it on his podcast.

Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Daybreak agreement happens. Hurrrrrrr Phinigel announced.

Hurrrrrrrrrrrrr nilbog disappears and never mentions another word about it after Rogean signs the agreement.

Hurrrrr Rogean is the only one qualified to give a statement on Discord.

Hurrrrrrr radio silence from the Project Managers

Hurrrrrrrr queue "muh Llandris".

Come on man you are making this into something else...

mickmoranis
08-24-2017, 07:47 PM
azzar bout to blow the lid off this thing

Swish
08-25-2017, 05:04 AM
Does Sirken still do a podcast? If so I havent seen one in ages.

Goobles
08-25-2017, 08:28 AM
You guys are just a bunch of conspiracy theorists

shokar
08-25-2017, 12:18 PM
You guys are just a bunch of conspiracy theorists

its not reallt a conspiracy. daybreak had the means to delay velious launch. you think they cant indefinitely delay a new server? EQ is their IP.

Goobles
08-25-2017, 02:55 PM
Why would they care about a fan server that 40 people play on?

Baler
08-25-2017, 03:04 PM
Does Sirken still do a podcast? If so I havent seen one in ages.

I have not seen one recently either.

Last archived video was youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/Sirkenp99/videos

his twitch dates back to 2015
https://www.twitch.tv/sirkenp99/videos/all

Qtip
08-25-2017, 04:31 PM

They care about the code they could use to start a real classic server while bringing in 1500+ new customers at $10 or $15 a month.

shokar
08-25-2017, 04:37 PM

they delayed velious because they care. seems obvious.

AzzarTheGod
08-25-2017, 05:11 PM

That's what Rogean and nilbog thought too.

Guess who's wrong.

p99 blue is on thin ice. 15k-20k people is still a potential million dollars in microtransactions and subscription.

Interest may have tapered off since Velious and lengthy Kunark, but word-of-mouth reach and the number of blues who check back in still clears 20k unique.

Swish
08-25-2017, 05:55 PM
20,000 people = a lot of p99 players/forum viewers that don't post anything, that's all I'm saying.

Hell, 5,000 is pushing it even in terms of people logging into blue weekly/monthly. Are you assuming every login account is a unique player?

AzzarTheGod
08-25-2017, 09:38 PM
azzar bout to blow the lid off this thing

I could. I'm actually shocked by who knows what. I have more specifics (with very hard sources) to the agreement than probably even the current crop of guides do, but 'Gean doesn't want anything brought up that hasn't already been brought up on here.

I was careful to stick to the only current public information available aka the so-called "rumors". I'd love to blow the lid off it but since I don't run any alt accounts at the moment, its not going to happen unless a signal is given that so-called "new information" is ok.

Its actually very old information.

Hard to believe its been so long since the agreement was signed and yet even the most plugged in veterans are in the dark.

Goes to show you being a guild leader, guild officer, or "big factor" in-game doesn't translate over.

Tassador
08-25-2017, 09:45 PM
Julian eddleman looks hurt as fuck and jay cutler balling... rogean confirmed scared..

AenorVZ
10-31-2017, 12:25 AM
Whose head is in the sand Mr. loramin ?

You realize Velious never had a strict timeline like Discord did? Discord was slated for launch, ETA given by nilbog was 3 months to 6 months maximum while they worked out the ruleset, tentative dates and updates were given and staff was in communication the entire time, even Sirken et al. nilbog was actively posting about it and taking feedback. Sirken would discuss it on his podcast.

Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Daybreak agreement happens. Hurrrrrrr Phinigel announced.

Hurrrrrrrrrrrrr nilbog disappears and never mentions another word about it after Rogean signs the agreement.

Hurrrrr Rogean is the only one qualified to give a statement on Discord.

Hurrrrrrr radio silence from the Project Managers

Hurrrrrrrr queue "muh Llandris".

Come on man you are making this into something else...

Dunks for days.

Jazzy
10-31-2017, 03:17 AM
Why dont these blue virgins fuck off?

Lulz~Sect
11-01-2017, 10:35 AM
inb4 wipe it clean

Tassador
11-01-2017, 07:08 PM
Julian eddleman looks hurt as fuck and jay cutler balling... rogean confirmed scared..

Fuck man Chris hogan arm in a sling. Avocado ice cream damnit!