PDA

View Full Version : Guilds not going to live on the 24th

Harmonicdeth
05-13-2017, 02:16 PM
Hello P99ers

Curious what guilds will be sticking around after the 24th. Right now trying to figure out my new home for when 90% of the guild I am currently in leaves.

Also no, not joining red.

Thanks

Lhancelot
05-13-2017, 02:19 PM
Hello P99ers

Curious what guilds will be sticking around after the 24th. Right now trying to figure out my new home for when 90% of the guild I am currently in leaves.

Also no, not joining red.

Thanks

I think 95% of the guilds will stay, and the 5% that leave will be back in 3 months. :p

Fragged
05-13-2017, 02:35 PM
If you want to try raiding some of the end game content, or just be in a guild where the option is readily available you should try giving Aftermath a shot. We could definitely use some new friends, we aren't immune to all these new unclassic servers popping up either.

The worst thing that can happen is that you maybe make a few new friends and perhaps learn a new trick or two.

We have rules that make it so that mains will win loot over alts, making it easier for new members to build a good base set of raid gear since most of our main members are already geared to the teeth.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or look/ask for Aikons in game.

Harmonicdeth
05-13-2017, 02:38 PM
If you want to try raiding some of the end game content, or just be in a guild where the option is readily available you should try giving Aftermath a shot. We could definitely use some new friends, we aren't immune to all these new unclassic servers popping up either.

The worst thing that can happen is that you maybe make a few new friends and perhaps learn a new trick or two.

We have rules that make it so that mains will win loot over alts, making it easier for new members to build a good base set of raid gear since most of our main members are already geared to the teeth.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or look/ask for Aikons in game.

In regards to the A/A level of guilds...I am not keen on bathphoning, although if I am in game I am down to do stuff, also not always wanting to do stuff and just hide on an alt is a thing of mine. I'd be considered "casual scum" by some.

Harmonicdeth
05-13-2017, 02:39 PM
I think 95% of the guilds will stay, and the 5% that leave will be back in 3 months. :p

Oh I know that, but I don't want to be a lone soldier in an empty guild...I like green chat.

Fragged
05-13-2017, 02:51 PM
Well theres room for that as well, people raid when they feel like raiding. Some neckbeard the shit out of it and some just raid on weekends, it's really up to you. We have plenty of people leveling alts and running around kicking rocks. We are just like any other guild except that we have a core of people that secure us a lot of raid mobs, so with us you have the option to raid a lot more than in other guilds, it is not a requirement tho.

Pyrocat
05-13-2017, 08:40 PM
What's happening on the 24th?

Phenyo
05-13-2017, 08:47 PM

the sky falls

aaezil
05-13-2017, 09:02 PM

Nothing important

mickmoranis
05-13-2017, 09:49 PM
try red, today I was like, "im gonna learn how to spawn pyzjn" and i did, and in the meantime got a fishbone earring, then took screenshots in qeynos of apartments.

idk why you wouldnt want to go on red and just play EQ

radda
05-13-2017, 11:02 PM
Don't tag your alt

Shodo
05-13-2017, 11:50 PM
Paradox will be sticking around Harmon - always welcome to come hang out with us. Anyone else from your guild is welcome too of course, always fun times :)

Kaight
05-14-2017, 12:52 AM
The right question is which guilds are leaving. The majority are probably staying on p99 in some capacity.

Try Venerayyte today.

Nuggie
05-14-2017, 03:46 AM
The right question is which guilds are leaving. The majority are probably staying on p99 in some capacity.

Try Venerayyte today.

Only heard that Fires of Heaven and Venerate were leaving. All the other guilds will have a select few leave as well. havent heard any organization from other guilds outside that though.

The the next part is based upon a certain point of view, but if you were in star wars and wanted to be on the light side of the force you would choose: a CSG guilds(Europa, Azure Guard, Omni) Venerate, Divinity, Anonymous, Infernus, or Rustle.

If you wanted to be a part of the dark side you would choose: Awakened for the easy route, Aftermath for the hard route.

Of course all this is subjective and would be the opposite.

Lhancelot
05-14-2017, 08:56 AM
Only heard that Fires of Heaven and Venerate were leaving. All the other guilds will have a select few leave as well. havent heard any organization from other guilds outside that though.

The the next part is based upon a certain point of view, but if you were in star wars and wanted to be on the light side of the force you would choose: a CSG guilds(Europa, Azure Guard, Omni) Venerate, Divinity, Anonymous, Infernus, or Rustle.

If you wanted to be a part of the dark side you would choose: Awakened for the easy route, Aftermath for the hard route.

Of course all this is subjective and would be the opposite.

Well this post settles it then. Harmon is a known sith irl, so he clearly will be choosing A/A.

Honestly though, how is A/A dark side, and CSG/Rustle is light side? I am curious how this was given as an analogy.

As you say, it's purely subjective so I assume since you are in CSG you decided to call yourself light side? :p

American Standard
05-14-2017, 08:58 AM
a /who all Harm gives all your alts up. Join Infernus and acquire a sexy accent plz.

Nuggie
05-14-2017, 01:04 PM
As you say, it's purely subjective so I assume since you are in CSG you decided to call yourself light side? :p

Of course, heh. except i meant "could be" not "would be" ...

Harmonicdeth
05-14-2017, 01:37 PM
Don't tag your alt

Leave the Friar of brell guildless?

Harmonicdeth
05-14-2017, 01:38 PM
a /who all Harm gives all your alts up. Join Infernus and acquire a sexy accent plz.

Haha, I did that on purpose..though there are a few that have copied my style....Bastards.

Harmonicdeth
05-14-2017, 01:39 PM
Well this post settles it then. Harmon is a known sith irl, so he clearly will be choosing A/A.

Honestly though, how is A/A dark side, and CSG/Rustle is light side? I am curious how this was given as an analogy.

How does one know I lean towards the dark side? I prefer grey jedi personally...

Also CSG wouldn't work too early of hours for me.

Sancta
05-14-2017, 06:26 PM
How does one know I lean towards the dark side? I prefer grey jedi personally...

Also CSG wouldn't work too early of hours for me.

You have huge misconceptions on every single raid guild and how raiding is structured on this server according to your responses lmao, do more research first TBH =)

Pokesan
05-14-2017, 07:09 PM
You have huge misconceptions on every single raid guild and how raiding is structured on this server according to your responses lmao, do more research first TBH =)

gotta be alpha and research a video game that's old enough to bang

Expediency
05-14-2017, 08:02 PM

Try Venerayyte today.

There is a huge power vacuum on p99 right now. Its a risky time to join a guild.

I have not heard anyone in Azure Guard say they are going to agnar. The people who already were going to leave went to TAKP a few months ago.

edit: if you decline to batphone you will have a hard time doing most encounters no matter which guild you pick. Its very useful.

Sancta
05-15-2017, 05:11 AM
gotta be alpha and research a video game that's old enough to bang

i'd def hit it

Jimjam
05-15-2017, 05:36 AM
Try to clear your mind of prejudices. E.g. what's the problem with receiving notifications from a junk account inviting you to play a game you want to play at a time convenient to you? You can generally set these up to not bother you at times you are uninterested in playing.

Speaking of which, what times are you looking to play EQ with a guild? And what content are you hoping to do?

What you want to achieve and when you want to achieve it are two very important factors in joining a guild. I'm sure you could find good company in whatever guild you chose to join.

If you don't like it you can always hop.

Lhancelot
05-15-2017, 07:30 AM
Does he really have to use a batphone though? Don't most guilds usually communicate in guild chat if they are mobilizing to a specific target?

The guild I was in last used batphones, but they also used guild chat for communication when moving to a specific raid target.

I never had to use a batphone, I only needed to have access to voice, and even that wasn't 100% needed because the guild gave instructions via chat channels in the game as well as used voice for those on the raid.

He sounds like he enjoys most of his time in the game doing what he feels like doing when he feels like it, and doing it on whatever toon it is he feels like playing. Raiding only when the mood strikes him.

Batphones and constant use of voice can be distracting for some players who really like to immerse themselves in the game, he sounds like one of those kind of players.

Harmonicdeth
05-15-2017, 07:35 AM
Does he really have to use a batphone though? Don't most guilds usually communicate in guild chat if they are mobilizing to a specific target?

The guild I was in last used batphones, but they also used guild chat for communication when moving to a specific raid target.

I never had to use a batphone, I only needed to have access to voice, and even that wasn't 100% needed because the guild gave instructions via chat channels in the game as well as used voice for those on the raid.

He sounds like he enjoys most of his time in the game doing what he feels like doing when he feels like it, and doing it on whatever toon it is he feels like playing. Raiding only when the mood strikes him.

Batphones and constant use of voice can be distracting for some players who really like to immerse themselves in the game, he sounds like one of those kind of players.

This guy gets it.

Pretty damn spot on, good on you.

But in reality, yeah, I wouldn't mind getting more gear for Harmon honestly, but at the same time I don't want to sit and track mobs for 12 hours a day. Just doesn't interest me. Had a good discussion with my buddy Oblie about this last night.

In the end I want to have friends, not just people who I raid with then log to alts and do nothing on our mains. That to me seems too corporate and not, dare I say intimate.

I do appreciate most of the comments here. For that I thank you all.

zaneosak
05-15-2017, 11:00 AM
I Tried to read up on the whole May 24th Live servers doing classic thing and I still don't get it. From what I read it doesn't seem like the all of the game systems are rolling back, just the expansion content is being locked, or am I wrong?

It still says XP rates are increased, Raids are still given an instance ID. What is classic about that? I guess it will be fun to guarantee every single boss to be claimed by your guild every cycle at least, gearing up twice as fast....

I understand keeping "better" sytems in place for the sake of it not being annoying, but part of the EQ Charm is how much of a pain in the ass it was :P

Is the map going to be in the game? Will EQ live's death system be in place? etc. etc.

Baler
05-15-2017, 11:30 AM
Live eq is like the newbie version, including the progression servers. agnarr PoP 2018. P99 still more classic.

Jimjam
05-15-2017, 12:35 PM
This guy gets it.

Pretty damn spot on, good on you.

But in reality, yeah, I wouldn't mind getting more gear for Harmon honestly, but at the same time I don't want to sit and track mobs for 12 hours a day. Just doesn't interest me. Had a good discussion with my buddy Oblie about this last night.

In the end I want to have friends, not just people who I raid with then log to alts and do nothing on our mains. That to me seems too corporate and not, dare I say intimate.

I do appreciate most of the comments here. For that I thank you all.

Fair enough, you can probably get away without bat phone, but really having one isn't a bother if you manage the notifications. I only get them when I'm at my computer anyway.

Even so, I still feel you carry many misconceptions.

I don't think anyone will oblige you to sit and track mobs for 12 hours a day.

Dozens of people show up to raids tracking only takes a small number of people an hour or so each. Mathematically speaking this means it is far from mandatory for every member to track!

If you want to make friends, I am sure you will make friends regardless of which name you end up raiding under.

Harmonicdeth
05-15-2017, 01:03 PM
Perhaps I do, I only have what I hear from others sadly. I do know that what the small toxic minority does to the large majority that is fine. I give you that, hence why I am here just looking to see whats happening. I do respect you points and appreciate it.

Thanks sir. From which name do you hail?

Rivera
05-15-2017, 01:09 PM
Also no, not joining red. Wise choice.

Join Rustle, you don't have to lose your wife and kids to get pixels then.

Achromatic
05-15-2017, 01:34 PM
For the record, Oblie told him to join AM. :P

Jimjam
05-15-2017, 01:36 PM
Perhaps I do, I only have what I hear from others sadly. I do know that what the small toxic minority does to the large majority that is fine. I give you that, hence why I am here just looking to see whats happening. I do respect you points and appreciate it.

Thanks sir. From which name do you hail?

You'd do well to talk to people in game from the guilds you are interested in, rather than follow the fake news and rumour mills of the forums.

I'm sure most guilds have recruitment officers you could be referred to. Some are even active in this thread.

Sancta
05-15-2017, 05:57 PM
You'd do well to talk to people in game from the guilds you are interested in, rather than follow the fake news and rumour mills of the forums.

Quoted because this is true of every single online game to online game since online games were games put online.