PDA

View Full Version : 29 Enchanter Hunting

dcbone86
05-12-2017, 01:18 PM
Just hit 29 in HHK basement last night. Was great exp, I'm imagine the exp will continue as the mobs conned yellow-red occasionally at 28 and a few ear turn ins gave ~1 blue at 29. How long can I stay here? Where should I go when it's no longer worth staying? Any solo spots (as I like to solo occasionally, not sure I could break the gob basement).

Also, I really want to do Kedge Keep when I can and I heard it's a pretty good place for enchanters to solo and it's not a commonly traveled zone. What's the minimum level? Is the gob ring pretty much a requirement (speaking of, when can I solo that)? I've got my swimming to like 110, will that be sufficient (it will very likely be higher by the time I can go there).

Thanks ahead of time.

Lhancelot
05-12-2017, 01:26 PM
Just hit 29 in HHK basement last night. Was great exp, I'm imagine the exp will continue as the mobs conned yellow-red occasionally at 28 and a few ear turn ins gave ~1 blue at 29. How long can I stay here? Where should I go when it's no longer worth staying? Any solo spots (as I like to solo occasionally, not sure I could break the gob basement).

Also, I really want to do Kedge Keep when I can and I heard it's a pretty good place for enchanters to solo and it's not a commonly traveled zone. What's the minimum level? Is the gob ring pretty much a requirement (speaking of, when can I solo that)? I've got my swimming to like 110, will that be sufficient (it will very likely be higher by the time I can go there).

Thanks ahead of time.

I found the ring extremely helpful.

I would say it's worth 7k, only because the camp for the courier is really, really annoying to hold and farm for a ring.

The courier is a rare spawn, and then the ring drop is extremely rare. He will tease you with a goblin soul ring too, just to make you even more mad when you camp him for the ring.

You probably could camp that ring now at lvl 29, lots of mobs wander though it's definitely easier on a higher level.

Read the guide on it, it's actually quite excellent on Wiki.

You also will need to have some sort of enduring breath too for Kedge, don't forget that.

dcbone86
05-12-2017, 01:42 PM
I found the ring extremely helpful.

I would say it's worth 7k, only because the camp for the courier is really, really annoying to hold and farm for a ring.

The courier is a rare spawn, and then the ring drop is extremely rare. He will tease you with a goblin soul ring too, just to make you even more mad when you camp him for the ring.

You probably could camp that ring now at lvl 29, lots of mobs wander though it's definitely easier on a higher level.

Read the guide on it, it's actually quite excellent on Wiki.

You also will need to have some sort of enduring breath too for Kedge, don't forget that.

I figured illusion water elemental would be sufficient, unless there is other go-to spells. I suppose I could buy a stack or two of fish scales, unless they are not vendor buyable for EB. Elemental is just cooler. Can enchanters indeed solo the entrance for exp? I see posts about druids doing it, don't see why an enc couldn't either.

As far as the courier camp, I wouldn't mind camping it as I have nowhere near 7k. If i did, I would have bought it already. Same for jboots. I stripped my 18 bard and pretty much bought all I could to deck out my chanter. I've got maybe 400pp to my name account wide and I want to save most of that for spells as they are getting pretty expensive and I grab mats for research when I can. I'll check out the guide, thanks.

skarlorn
05-12-2017, 02:02 PM
Make sure you are charming Osargen while killing in HHK. he's in the jail. Seeing his back stabs inspired me to roll and enchanter.

You don't need gob gaz ring to solo but it's extremely useful. It saves you a spell gem, Which is pretty crucial on an already spell juggling class. Also no mana cost and instacast. Getting this ring is your priority for gearing. Buy sow pots instead of j boots for now.

At level 29 you could be having some fun in runnyeye. It's a lot better now with revamp. Sol a is still good, maybe even naj.

Osargen dps are the best though.

I wouldn't recommend ledge until mid thirties, and that's ONLY for the first room of trash fish.

skarlorn
05-12-2017, 02:07 PM
Also, I highly recommend basement in Unrest in a few levels. I ground there a lot in my 30s as I recall, probably feeling safe killing basement trash around level 35.

In your 40s you can start soloing in Lguk. This was one of my favorite zones to solo in as a chanter. But, you really need to train how to solo in super tight places where you can't run before that.

Another good one to do is sneak into mistmoore castle and farm the pairs of gargoyles up and down the stairs.

I can't remember specific levels, as it's been years since I leveled up my enchanter...

Good luck man! Fun class, and if you solo a lot, you'll be terrific.

Swish
05-12-2017, 09:23 PM
29 is a great level to hit Paineel and kill the 3 guards outside the bank. 2 patrol (badly, through a building), one is static. 7pp + coin per kill.

dcbone86
05-13-2017, 01:09 AM
Also, I highly recommend basement in Unrest in a few levels. I ground there a lot in my 30s as I recall, probably feeling safe killing basement trash around level 35.

In your 40s you can start soloing in Lguk. This was one of my favorite zones to solo in as a chanter. But, you really need to train how to solo in super tight places where you can't run before that.

Another good one to do is sneak into mistmoore castle and farm the pairs of gargoyles up and down the stairs.

I can't remember specific levels, as it's been years since I leveled up my enchanter...

Good luck man! Fun class, and if you solo a lot, you'll be terrific.

Thanks for all the info. I grab osarg everytime, but I'm in basement tonight at HHK and a group member has him, so i snagged a guard and exp is still pretty great at 29. So I'm gonna stick around for a bit. I'll save all this info, it's very informative.

29 is a great level to hit Paineel and kill the 3 guards outside the bank. 2 patrol (badly, through a building), one is static. 7pp + coin per kill.

The skeleton guards? I used to PP farm them on live on my SK, they didn't give faction hits. Is there a way for an enchanter to get there as non-KOS? I can't remember if "good" erudites (or any race for that matter) or bad races were accepted there.

Swish
05-13-2017, 04:09 AM
The skeleton guards? I used to PP farm them on live on my SK, they didn't give faction hits. Is there a way for an enchanter to get there as non-KOS? I can't remember if "good" erudites (or any race for that matter) or bad races were accepted there.

Charm one of the newbie guards for a key, say "keyz" with a guard targeted and zone out to clear aggro...then head on in.

I think with the Warrens its possible to grind faction anyway but you don't need to. Dark elves aren't kos naturally I think, so you won't need to maintain an illusion if you are one. Otherwise an erudite or elemental illusion should do it.