PDA

View Full Version : Trading Items to others Characther is a pain..

Nahilu
05-12-2017, 08:53 AM
You heard me.

I been playing this server 4 years now and I really enjoy the game and what is it.

I have many accounts with many lvl 60 character geared , because I used to play with RL brother and RL friend and we like to hey log the druid come port me or log this do that ect...

And I like the leveling process learning new class is fun.

But when I restart a LvL 1 I like to trade him CoF with fungi you know and other good stuff.

My Friends and familly no longer play or barely play SO when I want to do a TRADE my ITEMS to another TOON I AM ALWAYS STUCK.

Option A : Whisper a friend or someone you know : No one is online and PROBABLY no one will connect because they so casual.

Option B : Find a corner where no one is , put Cloak of Flames and Fungi into a bag and put it on the ground ! Pray the Lord Tunaree that the bag is still there when you connect on your other character ( Did that done that , but i was about to get heart attack while the loading screen)

Option C : Tip someone who sell port and manipulate lot of money from people , someone who is used to i guess, tip him so he can XFER your stuff.

Option D : Dual box and make your trade by your own : oh wait this server dosent allow dual box NOT EVEN FOR TRADING PURPOSE.

Option E : Farm 12 fungi 12 cloak of flames 12 lodi shield 12 of everything for each of your tons ya ya IT MAKE ALOT OF SENSE so now i can FINALLY avoid trading items.

You see I been doing Option C for quite a while WITHOUT PROBLEM.

Last day , option C costed me 60k of gear because a guy named Leafnir (halfing of course) HE agreed to do Xfer for me , but he went offline for 30min , then came back online , went anon , then used a portal spell and directly went to EC to sell my items.

I did petition , i have no answer , I HOPE something will happens. EVERYTHING is pharsed in game chat of him agreeing to do it.

Some people told me i was stupid to xfer such vualuable item to someone I dont know.

I GET IT but its all i got... i have for over 2 million plat in gear on over 12 accounts.

how am I suppose to manage those item , if I cannot manage them , and when i ask people to XFER they steal.

I need to find a solution.... Maybe Option B and trowing stuff on the ground is the best after all.

Nahilu

xKoopa
05-12-2017, 08:58 AM
Just ask someone in a/a whos sitting in ec tunnel

People in a top raid guild like that arent gonna risk stealing a couple items

Jimjam
05-12-2017, 08:59 AM
Option F:

Fresh start each character

Caiu
05-12-2017, 09:01 AM
if you cant find a single friend maybe this isnt the game for you

Nahilu
05-12-2017, 09:04 AM
Just ask someone in a/a whos sitting in ec tunnel

People in a top raid guild like that arent gonna risk stealing a couple items

Ya good point might do that next time , i normally use a high level of course , I used to ask dial a port and people who sell port i though why not sell Xfer if they sell port well... I might use your logic next tiem ty

Nahilu
05-12-2017, 09:06 AM

Its not about i have none friend its about u need to transfer and no one is online.

ON ANY VIDEO GAME ON EARTH we dont have this problem.

NOT EVEN on the real EverQuest BACK in 1999 because we COULD HAVE BOX.

Its only here the problem.

There no mailbox or whatever the sake to send your dam item to your tons , its insane

aaezil
05-12-2017, 09:21 AM
try joining a guild... giving your items to some rando is dumb

aaezil
05-12-2017, 09:22 AM
Also to each their own but... Try playing new classes how they are meant to be played without the training wheels

Nahilu
05-12-2017, 09:33 AM
Also to each their own but... Try playing new classes how they are meant to be played without the training wheels

Dude I play Everquest Since im 12 years old and i am 30 now.

You think i never be part of a guild ?

You think i never played a Class fully naked ?

Comon ...

I lost a lodi shield and othimur prexus totem , it sucks about 60k.

But would i do it again ? yes i would defenatly need to trade i have a T staff and Cloak of water to trade atm , Im going to find a safe corner to put item on the ground and pray tunaree this time wish me luck,

welly321
05-12-2017, 09:36 AM

Comon ...

But would i do it again ? yes i would defenatly need to trade i have a T staff and Cloak of water to trade atm , Im going to find a safe corner to put item on the ground and pray tunaree this time wish me luck,

You think I never learned to read and right? Cmon

Tetsuo
05-12-2017, 09:40 AM
Petition and hope for the best

I hope that P99 will never let boxing happen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfvADznhTQA

Nahilu
05-12-2017, 09:46 AM
Petition and hope for the best

I hope that P99 will never let boxing happen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfvADznhTQA

There a difference beetween someone who box 6 account to clear a zone and someone who dual box a lvl 1 in EC to trade items.

I mean I am really happy to have no box on P99 REALLY. I played other server where it is a mess.

But if you cannot make the difference beetween hey I dual box to trade items VS Hey i Box to clear the whole zone...

Well

Nahilu
05-12-2017, 09:47 AM
IMO that dual box should be allow only when u log a lvl 1 in EC zone.
Pass lvl 2 , dosent work anymore.

That way people could trade their stuff easely and no one will deal with fool who box entier zone.

Squabbles123
05-12-2017, 10:26 AM
I've dropped transferred every item I've EVER transferred in this game, and that dates back to 1999 Live too.

Never lost an item.

Its really not at all hard to find an out of the way corner nobody has any reason to be near. There are multiple areas in FP and Qeynos that I personally use. So many little empty houses, its not hard to find a place.

Troxx
05-12-2017, 10:36 AM
The easiest option would be to just allow shared bank ...

But not classic.

Samoht
05-12-2017, 10:40 AM
IMO that dual box should be allow only when u log a lvl 1 in EC zone.
Pass lvl 2 , dosent work anymore.

That way people could trade their stuff easely and no one will deal with fool who box entier zone.

Who uses a level 1 as an EC mule? Level 5 bard or GTFO.

Nahilu
05-12-2017, 10:50 AM
The easiest option would be to just allow shared bank ...

But not classic.

You think Project 1999 is classic ?

what about the Ui ?

What about the 25 target s max on PbAEO line spells.

This server is not classic anymore like it used to be so yeah shared bank would be a GREAT OPTION

Qtip
05-12-2017, 10:56 AM
Not classic. But they should just allow shared bank. Probably save the gm/guides time in answering petitions, looking through logs and so on.

In the end you might not get your stuff back. But the person will be banned. Good luck

Nahilu
05-12-2017, 11:22 AM
If items are not recovered , all this is bull shit TBH

It mean that i could make a new account , Sell Xfer item at EC tunnel , and keep the stuff from people ?

1st you must be a rat in real life and that probably on how you live your life. Stealing from people because you cannot do anything good by yourself.

Like I saied I have many fungi and CoF on various alt , I don't really care about the 60k i just losté It could have been 5k I would be as much piss.

It is just the princinple of putting trust into someone and you pay for his time then he just backstap you.

aaezil
05-12-2017, 11:26 AM

Comon ...

Well considering you did something dumb and lost items - yes i assume you are a noobie who prob RMT'd your items and has never played a non twink in their life... After awhile you learn to smell them.

Nahilu
05-12-2017, 11:39 AM
Well considering you did something dumb and lost items - yes i assume you are a noobie who prob RMT'd your items and has never played a non twink in their life... After awhile you learn to smell them.

Lol .... You are making me SOO happy !!!!

If you think i got my fortune doing RMTs fine with you lol

I Actually Sold Bard Plvl named Nahila on server.

1-50 done in 12-14 hours depending traffic 60k.

I sold over 100 Plvls with Nahila on P99.

Only happy Customers !

Never had to go forums or WTS because people was whispering me and guild wanted 3-4-5 cleric to be plvl to 50 in the same week ect ect...

Plvl is a big buisniss in EverQuest some people must do it)

HedleyKow
05-12-2017, 12:03 PM
Sorry to hear about you losing those items transferring and the crappy attitude of the people responding. Everyone else has pretty much covered all you can do to prevent this in the future. so I'll just say that if you need help with a transfer in the future I can help with it.

I'm not super rich, but could show that I have enough wealth that I'm less likely to scam. Toss me a PM on forums or a tell in game.

IGN: Gorshadesse

Nahilu
05-12-2017, 12:05 PM
Sorry to hear about you losing those items transferring and the crappy attitude of the people responding. Everyone else has pretty much covered all you can do to prevent this in the future. so I'll just say that if you need help with a transfer in the future I can help with it.

I'm not super rich, but could show that I have enough wealth that I'm less likely to scam. Toss me a PM on forums or a tell in game.

IGN: Gorshadesse

Wow some real people on the forum thanks i will defenatly send u a whisper if i ever need to... i will also tip 100p per transfer like i normally tip

loramin
05-12-2017, 12:17 PM
There's a whole lot of victim blaming in this thread (as there is in every "I lost stuff" thread). It's human nature: we all want to think "that's horrible, but it could never happen to me", and so we find reasons why the OP was dumber than us and therefore why it couldn't happen to us. Same thing that happens to many crime victims IRL (especially rape victims).

But the truth is that if OP had done a drop transfer, he'd be blamed too. If he'd gotten a non-guilded level 60 in the tunnel to do the transfer he'd be blamed. And if everyone on the server only did transfers with A/A members, A/A members would get sick of it real fast and stop doing transfers for people. The truth is someone took advantage of OP and it's not his fault, and if we had bad luck it could happen to most of us too (no you can not "smell" all bad people on the server).

As for everything else about transfers being a pain ... yes, they are. So are many, many things in classic EverQuest: that's part of it's "charm".

Nahilu
05-12-2017, 12:29 PM
There's a whole lot of victim blaming in this thread (as there is in every "I lost stuff" thread). It's human nature: we all want to think "that's horrible, but it could never happen to me", and so we find reasons why the OP was dumber than us and therefore why it couldn't happen to us. Same thing that happens to many crime victims IRL (especially rape victims).

But the truth is that if OP had done a drop transfer, he'd be blamed too. If he'd gotten a non-guilded level 60 in the tunnel to do the transfer he'd be blamed. And if everyone on the server only did transfers with A/A members, A/A members would get sick of it real fast and stop doing transfers for people. The truth is someone took advantage of OP and it's not his fault, and if we had bad luck it could happen to most of us too (no you can not "smell" all bad people on the server).

As for everything else about transfers being a pain ... yes, they are. So are many, many things in classic EverQuest: that's part of it's "charm".

I am a French Game Designer.

I Worked on 3 released title.

I could be bad or good or whatever you guys want to make you happy.

Thing in Video Game I Like is

When SOMETHING IS NOT FUN it should not be part of the game.

When an animator work on a WOW Animation but I have 12 FPS in my screen IT IS NOT FUN so remove it.

When You make ANYTHING in a Build (game) about sounds or WHATEVER if SOMEONE proove you it is NOT FUN it SHOULD NOT BE in the game.

Trading on P99 IS A PAIN IN THE .... Solution like SHARED BANK would GREATLY increase the fun on it. It would not resolve all problem related to different account BUT STILL A GREAT IMPROVEMENT.

Why ? Because it is fun and it is a Video Game so it should be part of it.

loramin
05-12-2017, 12:39 PM
Why ? Because it is fun and it is a Video Game so it should be part of it.

Right: that's very much NOT the design philosophy of Classic EverQuest. Over time they tried to "fix" it, and then WoW tried to further "fix" it. Both attempts resulted in far greater commercial success (ie. PoP EQ had way more players than Velious EQ, and WoW had big multiples of both) ... but, neither one was classic EverQuest.

Dying and corpse running are the perfect example: they're not fun. Everyone agrees on this, and that's why WoW completely changed the whole process, and live EQ added spires, PoK, and god knows what else live has now. And yet, over a thousand players play here, and part of it is because of the death. As un-fun as it is it makes the rest of the game more fun.

Game design is complex, and while modern game design definitely has a lot to teach the 1999 version of Smedley and McQuaid (EQ's original head developers), at the same time modern game design has managed to lose something special that classic EQ had. The "not fun" parts are very much a part of what makes classic EQ special.

P.S. You don't happen to work on Dofus do you? An (American) friend of mine really loves that game.

Nahilu
05-12-2017, 12:57 PM
Dying and corpse running are the perfect example: they're not fun.

MMM actually corpse run ITSELF is not fun BUT it make the world more dangerous.

Remove Exp Lost , Remove Corpse Run.

You can now play like a No Brainer game AND THAT IS NOT FUN.

So Corpse Run is actually fun , exp lost is actually fun , because you play the game differently and the fear of dying , this sensation of being in danger in every zone , sensation of being far from bind ect ect.. is actually fun. It`s exactly why I still Play EQ and Why i play 10 MIN a new MMO and then stop.

No Danger , no brainer , quest log , follow the quest log , follow the minimap , follow every UI you have never watch your screen... exploration 0

EverQuest is all about Challenge VS Reward and it is where that game got it completely perfect.

No I worked for Skylanders 3DS WII , Destiny and others Activision Games.

Lhancelot
05-12-2017, 01:06 PM

Anyone else find this post ironic?

P.S. It is inconvenient, passing gears to your alts, but best to ask a guilded player if you really need it done and have zero people online that you know that can do it. Any high lvl, other than a certain monk parked in EC is probably safe to ask for a transfer.

Hron
05-12-2017, 01:16 PM
I've always done unsecure drops and never had an issue transferring items between characters. Just make some someone's in the zone while it's on the ground otherwise it'll poof. And of course you've only got like 3 min or so, so yeah. It would be a pain with a lot of items though, and I don't blame you for not wanting to drop transfer a CoF or a Fungi.

Guildies are usually pretty trustworthy, in you're in a decent guild. Or at least there's some leverage there if they're raiders with some dkp.

Nahilu
05-12-2017, 01:16 PM
Anyone else find this post ironic?

leave the haters man,

Some people in life are poor , they still single at 40 years old , they play EQ because its all they know.

So the only joy they have in a day is to come on forum and bash on the others so they can finally feel strong.

I dosen`t feel angry about those post , it is just sad for them on their poor misserable wasted life.

Lhancelot
05-12-2017, 01:27 PM
leave the haters man,

Some people in life are poor , they still single at 40 years old , they play EQ because its all they know.

So the only joy they have in a day is to come on forum and bash on the others so they can finally feel strong.

I dosen`t feel angry about those post , it is just sad for them on their poor misserable wasted life.

True.

I aint judging them because of their mean spirited posts on the forums so much as what they have done in the game to other players ruining their experiences, that's really the crux of my point on that dude's post.

I just find him nauseating tbh.

aaezil
05-12-2017, 01:40 PM

Guy is literally ranting/preaching about rape victims cause a noob lost items on a 20 year old emulator... ROFL you just made my day mate

SanityRevoked
05-12-2017, 01:47 PM
Just make some someone's in the zone while it's on the ground otherwise it'll poof.

This true? I swear I've dropped in empty zones without problem... early morning in Akanon and Halas.. could be mistaken.

skarlorn
05-12-2017, 01:56 PM
Seems preventable

Crawdad
05-12-2017, 01:56 PM
You heard me.

I been playing this server 4 years now and I really enjoy the game and what is it.

But when I restart a LvL 1 I like to trade him CoF with fungi you know and other good stuff.

Some people told me i was stupid to xfer such vualuable item to someone I dont know.

I GET IT but its all i got... i have for over 2 million plat in gear on over 12 accounts.

how am I suppose to manage those item , if I cannot manage them , and when i ask people to XFER they steal.

I need to find a solution.... Maybe Option B and trowing stuff on the ground is the best after all.

Nahilu

How in the world have you been here 4 years/saved up 2 million plat and post this?

This true? I swear I've dropped in empty zones without problem... early morning in Akanon and Halas.. could be mistaken.
Its not true.

Spyder73
05-12-2017, 02:12 PM
Next time message Tekilya <Aftermath> - I would be happy to steal your items and put you on /ignore

All joking aside for sh!t like this you need to use a guild mate or someone from a reputable guild (Aftermath/Awakened/Azure Guard/Europa/Divinity/Ect/Ect). The pixel lust can be too strong to contain sometimes. I would imagine Sirken/Braknar have little tolerance for people straight up jacking you though, so that a$$hole will probably eat a ban, but then again he is probably willing to trade his port monkey druid for the 100k his main will gain from CoF/Fungi.

I know its a pain in the rear getting a level 1 to EC tunnel - but find someone in full ToV gear and they will do the proper trade and not f#ck you because they have more to lose.

loramin
05-12-2017, 02:43 PM
Guy is literally ranting/preaching about rape victims cause a noob lost items on a 20 year old emulator... ROFL you just made my day mate

"ranting/preaching about rape victims" ... I mentioned the word rape once (out of 190+ words), in a parenthetical, and only because it's a far more common instance of "blaming the victim" than having your stuff stolen on a 19-year old elf sim.

Someone has trigger issues ....

Jimjam
05-12-2017, 02:43 PM
Right: that's very much NOT the design philosophy of Classic EverQuest. Over time they tried to "fix" it, and then WoW tried to further "fix" it. Both attempts resulted in far greater commercial success (ie. PoP EQ had way more players than Velious EQ, and WoW had big multiples of both) ... but, neither one was classic EverQuest.

Dying and corpse running are the perfect example: they're not fun. Everyone agrees on this, and that's why WoW completely changed the whole process, and live EQ added spires, PoK, and god knows what else live has now. And yet, over a thousand players play here, and part of it is because of the death. As un-fun as it is it makes the rest of the game more fun.

Game design is complex, and while modern game design definitely has a lot to teach the 1999 version of Smedley and McQuaid (EQ's original head developers), at the same time modern game design has managed to lose something special that classic EQ had. The "not fun" parts are very much a part of what makes classic EQ special.

P.S. You don't happen to work on Dofus do you? An (American) friend of mine really loves that game.

Not playing Devil's Advocate here, I actually like corpse runs. It's challenging and often social.

Spyder73
05-12-2017, 02:49 PM
Not playing Devil's Advocate here, I actually like corpse runs. It's challenging and often social.

Corpse runs are fine, just give us the #$%!ing shared bank and LFG tool please

loramin
05-12-2017, 02:49 PM

Fair enough, but even so the point is that most people don't enjoy them, and as a result game designers in every MMOG since EQ have made them easier (not to mention EQ itself made them easier over time). But at the same time, whether they're "not fun" or just "not fun except for people like Jimjam", they are an essential part of what makes classic EQ overall fun.

Qtip
05-12-2017, 02:56 PM
Also if you paid the guy for the transfer, I believe that will fall under a scam. He offered services, you paid and he scammed you at the end by not following through with his services at the end.

It may take some time for a gm to get to your petition and then finally reimburse you. Just keep patience and follow through with everything on your end (file petition, put as much info in as possible).

mickmoranis
05-12-2017, 03:12 PM
Option F:

Fresh start each character

lol

Why would I want that? im not here for nostalgia! IM here for the advanced graphics and balanced high end content!

Triiz
05-12-2017, 03:48 PM
Why can't we just loot corpses on toons that are given /consent? I seem to remember (sure I'll be corrected if I'm remembering wrong) when you gave someone consent on Live you risked losing your shit if they ninja looted it. On p99 I tried to self-transfer in this fashion only to be met with a "You cannot loot that corpse" type of message.

edit: on a side note, was the thief in a guild called <Ports>? I seen a name similar to that in WC yesterday and did a /who all ports and he was the only one in it/on.

mickmoranis
05-12-2017, 03:58 PM
Why can't we just loot corpses on toons that are given /consent? I seem to remember (sure I'll be corrected if I'm remembering wrong) when you gave someone consent on Live you risked losing your shit if they ninja looted it. On p99 I tried to self-transfer in this fashion only to be met with a "You cannot loot that corpse" type of message.

edit: on a side note, was the thief in a guild called <Ports>? I seen a name similar to that in WC yesterday and did a /who all ports and he was the only one in it/on.

I vaguely remember this too.

Squabbles123
05-12-2017, 04:02 PM

Yes, this was definitely a thing on the original release of the game, probably was changed in the official log though, have to dig through old patch notes to check on that one, but yes, at least at release, giving consent allowed them to loot.

loramin
05-12-2017, 04:04 PM

Pretty sure I remember seeing a patch note that said something to the effect of "we're getting rid of looting consent-ed corpses because too many people had their stuff stolen by random people they consented." Don't remember which patch had it though so you'll have to search to find out when it was removed.

Regardless I don't remember P99 ever having implemented the old behavior.

EDIT

Found it:

/Consent no longer gives other players permission to loot your corpse. Instead, it only gives them the ability to drag your corpse using the /corpse command. This change is due to player request stemming from number of customer service issues raised by some players who were using /consent as a way to steal the belongings of other players. The change will eliminate those concerns and make the game more enjoyable for all of those involved.

As a side note I love how they say "will .. make the game more enjoyable for all of those involved." Screw you Verant, I'll decide what makes my game more enjoyable!

Nahilu
05-12-2017, 04:25 PM
Also if you paid the guy for the transfer, I believe that will fall under a scam. He offered services, you paid and he scammed you at the end by not following through with his services at the end.

It may take some time for a gm to get to your petition and then finally reimburse you. Just keep patience and follow through with everything on your end (file petition, put as much info in as possible).

He Just saied NP sure yes , I mean he was selling port sitting on OT and i had my other guy i wanted xfer right there so... i was going to buy a port to go EC and then find someone for xfer so i though maybe he could do it !

When I came back on the other characther he was offline.

It took a good 20-30 minutes b4 he came back online then he went anon right away in front of me and he used a port spell.

He never answered to any of my whisper.

Nahilu
05-12-2017, 04:26 PM

Yes it was exactly this guild name

Mythanor
05-12-2017, 05:02 PM

branamil
05-12-2017, 05:32 PM
Yes it's incredibly tedious. But no they will never change it. This server's specific purpose is to preserve those old fashioned interface deficiencies.

Teako
05-12-2017, 06:53 PM
Locate level 60 main in A/A. Ask them to transfer your things. Profit.

Vheran
05-12-2017, 08:19 PM
Threads like this make me glad I have a real life and make me feel good that I can't twink shit.

Swish
05-12-2017, 09:14 PM
You heard me.

I have many accounts with many lvl 60 character geared , because I used to play with RL brother and RL friend and we like to hey log the druid come port me or log this do that ect...

And I like the leveling process learning new class is fun.

My Friends and familly no longer play or barely play SO when I want to do a TRADE my ITEMS to another TOON I AM ALWAYS STUCK.

Option A : Whisper a friend or someone you know : No one is online and PROBABLY no one will connect because they so casual.

Option B : Find a corner where no one is , put Cloak of Flames and Fungi into a bag and put it on the ground ! Pray the Lord Tunaree that the bag is still there when you connect on your other character ( Did that done that , but i was about to get heart attack while the loading screen)

Option C : Tip someone who sell port and manipulate lot of money from people , someone who is used to i guess, tip him so he can XFER your stuff.

Option D : Dual box and make your trade by your own : oh wait this server dosent allow dual box NOT EVEN FOR TRADING PURPOSE.

Option E : Farm 12 fungi 12 cloak of flames 12 lodi shield 12 of everything for each of your tons ya ya IT MAKE ALOT OF SENSE so now i can FINALLY avoid trading items.

You see I been doing Option C for quite a while WITHOUT PROBLEM.

Last day , option C costed me 60k of gear because a guy named Leafnir (halfing of course) HE agreed to do Xfer for me , but he went offline for 30min , then came back online , went anon , then used a portal spell and directly went to EC to sell my items.

I did petition , i have no answer , I HOPE something will happens. EVERYTHING is pharsed in game chat of him agreeing to do it.

Nahilu

http://i.imgur.com/GyaUGaT.gif

Andos
05-12-2017, 09:47 PM
You think I never learned to read and right? Cmon

Dude is obviously ESL give him a break. At least he didn't spell write incorrectly while criticizing someone.

Turp
05-12-2017, 10:04 PM
"staff" would rather play CSR instead of just turning on 1 shared bank slot.

if you risk it and person steals your stuff..You wait 6 months on backlogged GM to get it back. Just 1 shared bank slot would not break anything , except the 5 pages of petitions waiting on reimbersement from a scam. Then only 1 GM has the power to do it so its a fuck fest that they love for some reason. Love, but then complain about the amount.
Turning off the shared bank was more of a OCD problem then a classic fix.
Could drop plat in classic. Not here... its more a pick and choose what to break server then a classic.

mickmoranis
05-12-2017, 10:59 PM
"staff" would rather play CSR instead of just turning on 1 shared bank slot.

if you risk it and person steals your stuff..You wait 6 months on backlogged GM to get it back. Just 1 shared bank slot would not break anything , except the 5 pages of petitions waiting on reimbersement from a scam. Then only 1 GM has the power to do it so its a fuck fest that they love for some reason. Love, but then complain about the amount.
Turning off the shared bank was more of a OCD problem then a classic fix.
Could drop plat in classic. Not here... its more a pick and choose what to break server then a classic.

So shared banks was once a thing with this client?

Well, as much as I agree that its silly to promote this type of classic feature, it wont go away, as its classic.

Lhancelot
05-12-2017, 11:02 PM
its more a pick and choose what to break server then a classic.

I like how p99 does things, but there is some truth to this statement here.

Some things they have opted to allow are definitely not classic, while other things that were classic are not active on p99.

I can see how a shared bank slot although not classic, would eliminate a lot of frustration on behalf of not just players, but the staff here too.

rollin5k
05-12-2017, 11:24 PM
Great, now you've pissed off Mother Russia I hope you are happy Rogean

Harmonicdeth
05-13-2017, 12:05 AM
This happened to me once, lost over 100k in items. Sirken traced the logs, found the people involved and banned those accounts. Hope this helps in your vengeance seeking.

remen
05-13-2017, 12:44 AM
Just out of curiosity, what would be the potential downside to turning on a shared bank? I know it isn't classic but so are some other things on the server that were done for the health of the server. Is there any legitimate potentially negative outcome to making this a feature? It seems like a win/win that doesn't hurt anybody or change any even slightly important aspect of the game. The only people who don't benefit from this change are scammers.

Decad
05-13-2017, 01:58 AM
I transfer stuff for people in EC all the time for free. Hit me up again if you need

Swish
05-13-2017, 04:10 AM
Just out of curiosity, what would be the potential downside to turning on a shared bank?

You'd suddenly be running a custom server, not a server aimed at recreating classic EQ ^^

Mackinaw
05-13-2017, 05:55 AM
It's supposed to be a pain. That's actually the whole point of the server.

Nahilu
05-13-2017, 08:06 AM
You'd suddenly be running a custom server, not a server aimed at recreating classic EQ ^^

Well since pb aeo nerf we are not classic so who cares now.

loramin
05-13-2017, 11:05 AM
Well since pb aeo nerf we are not classic so who cares now.

Whenever someone has a pet un-classic idea they always trot this or some other variation of it out (eg. "Titanium isn't classic" or "GM involvement in the raid scene isn't classic"). However it's very easy to refute this sort of logic.

Basically everything on Project 1999 is classic, unless it has some compelling reason not to be because things are different than they were in 1999. Internet connections are different, the devs have technical limitations, and the raid scene (in terms of the players, not in-game) is entirely different.

In other words no, just because the devs have made a few non-classic changes that they basically had no choice but to make, it does not mean that everyone's pet "I wish P99 had this" request is reasonable or going to happen.

Doctor Jeff
05-13-2017, 11:11 AM
I wish tracking worked on players and that hybrids were using the correct skill caps but we can't all have what we want.

loramin
05-13-2017, 11:21 AM
I wish tracking worked on players and that hybrids were using the correct skill caps but we can't all have what we want.

I could have sworn I've tracked players with my druid before; is this a recent bug or Red thing? And out of curiosity what's incorrect about the skill caps (I don't play a hybrid)?

mickmoranis
05-13-2017, 02:12 PM
I could have sworn I've tracked players with my druid before; is this a recent bug or Red thing? And out of curiosity what's incorrect about the skill caps (I don't play a hybrid)?

player tracking is wierd... it works like this kinda:

http://i.imgur.com/TwveeaF.png

Which makes it kinda difficult to track people.. you kinda have to literally "TRACK" them.. like think, "well it says theyre behind and to the right.. but behind and to the right is the corner of WC nobody EVER goes to.. why would they be there? naw I think they are probubly going towards EC".. so you run towards the EC zoneline then suddenly they swap from behing behind and to your right, to straight ahead, because you moved from that outer 'buggy' circle of track (which is determined by what? I have no clue) and into your inner circle, which I assume is the track distance of the class you're playing (but again I have no clue if that is the case ether)

Anyway, a good tracker is as rare as a good ranger IRL

loramin
05-15-2017, 09:34 PM
Forgot to say thanks, that illustration actually explained things perfectly.

Phenyo
05-15-2017, 10:01 PM
Afaik track works this way due to the obfuscation to stop third party cheat software

Hybrid defense skill caps are just bugged

maskedmelonpai
05-15-2017, 10:09 PM
player tracking is wierd... it works like this kinda:

http://i.imgur.com/TwveeaF.png

Which makes it kinda difficult to track people.. you kinda have to literally "TRACK" them.. like think, "well it says theyre behind and to the right.. but behind and to the right is the corner of WC nobody EVER goes to.. why would they be there? naw I think they are probubly going towards EC".. so you run towards the EC zoneline then suddenly they swap from behing behind and to your right, to straight ahead, because you moved from that outer 'buggy' circle of track (which is determined by what? I have no clue) and into your inner circle, which I assume is the track distance of the class you're playing (but again I have no clue if that is the case ether)

Anyway, a good tracker is as rare as a good ranger IRL

the case-fluidity of you handwriting infuriate me :c

Hitmonkey
05-16-2017, 01:48 AM

What? how is he the victim? he's just a dummy...

What he did was basically walk up to a stranger on the street, hand them a hundred dollar bill and then told them " I'll be back in 15 minutes can you hold this for me?" and left.

mickmoranis
05-16-2017, 12:34 PM
the case-fluidity of you handwriting infuriate me :c

if you can think of a better way to write with a mouse id like to see it!

Rivera
05-16-2017, 12:37 PM
What he did was basically walk up to a stranger on the street, hand them a hundred dollar bill and then told them " I'll be back in 15 minutes can you hold this for me?" and left. Haha, I've never thought about it like that.

loramin
05-16-2017, 01:01 PM
What? how is he the victim? he's just a dummy...

What he did was basically walk up to a stranger on the street, hand them a hundred dollar bill and then told them " I'll be back in 15 minutes can you hold this for me?" and left.

Yes, exactly like that ... except in real life no one ever hands strangers money expecting it back, because if you want to give yourself $100 you just do so. But in EverQuest hundreds of people transfer money and items every day, many of them using total strangers.

Not to mention that all of this happened on a GM-policed server where you can't hide your identiy, so really it's more like saying "hey, you see that video camera that's watching us? it's recoding us making a verbal contract that you are doing me the favor of transferring this $100, and just to be safe I'm holding your driver's license up to the lens" ... and the guy still stole it.

Maybe a better analogy would be FedExing yourself $100, and having the Fedex guy steal it.

dude
05-16-2017, 01:33 PM
You can send a tell to zabs if he is on, no charge for transfers. 2 bag limit though.

Kesselring
05-16-2017, 06:17 PM
How are you not in a guild, at least a guild with a FEW people you can call friends? Being solo-dolo doesn't make you cool, especially when the fundamentals of this game take teamwork. I would never ever let dual box on this server for a second because the minute we do that then we have people exploiting it.

radda
05-16-2017, 07:13 PM

You have any left?