PDA

View Full Version : 39 Necro Leveling Spots

markymark84
05-11-2017, 03:01 PM
Spectres are always super camp'd.
Any suggestions as to where to go @ 39?

Tried the guards in FP near dock, not overly efficient having to split so many pulls.
Im guessing they are better at 44?

Some people have suggested Lguk charming. Is there a specific spot?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

shuklak
05-11-2017, 03:11 PM
Im done with specs fyi! :)

But also folks often share the camp cause most under 44 probably can afford to give up a few.

Spyder73
05-11-2017, 03:20 PM
I would go to City of Mist - its some of the best XP in the game in early 40s

dude
05-11-2017, 03:42 PM
if you want to necro go to spirocs in TD. oasis raft is every 15 min.

jackd104
05-11-2017, 03:51 PM
I believe it was around that level I found some nice soloing in ice clad ocean. It was a little lonely and boring but plenty of blue mobs, open space, and not too hard.

branamil
05-11-2017, 04:05 PM
What about the ghosts in trakanons teeth, they are undead and have low hp.

Baler
05-11-2017, 05:48 PM
Lower Guk dead side
Kithicor Forest at night
Hill Giants in Rathe Mtns (camped heavily)
Oggok Bouncers (sometimes heavily camped)
Oasis Spectres
City of Mist
Sol B (risky solo)
Ocean of Tears spectres (risky solo)
Dreadlands North Wall, East wall, South wall
Butcherblock guards / Kaladim Guards
burning woods bees later
TD Raptors later

What about the ghosts in trakanons teeth, they are undead and have low hp.

Most of them are wizards or sks or something usually. Nasty stuff.

branamil
05-11-2017, 05:57 PM
Most of them are wizards or sks or something usually. Nasty stuff.

If only necros had a way to stop spellcasting.

markymark84
05-11-2017, 06:00 PM
Spirocs look to be similar in level to specs, I will give those a try.
Are there plenty on that island?

It would be great to find a spot that could support a few few people..

I spent the last few levels prior to starting specs in WC..
and that zone had 3 camps.. It was easy to travel to one if one was taken.

shuklak
05-11-2017, 06:50 PM
Spirocs look to be similar in level to specs, I will give those a try.
Are there plenty on that island?

It would be great to find a spot that could support a few few people..

I spent the last few levels prior to starting specs in WC..
and that zone had 3 camps.. It was easy to travel to one if one was taken.

I moved on from specs (finally) to try TD spirocs and it definitely supports more than the specs. Specs are 2 group max (1/2 man groups only) but the spiroc camp is a ripoff of KFC in SK. So a decent amount. I saw a bard swarming a lot of mobs which hurt everyone else (slow killer, ties up everyone mobs) but when it was just 3 caster there was plenty.

Specs are way better cash, whereas birds give almost nothing. But the tradeoff is the way better exp. It's nice to be in oasis though with all the "stuff" going on.

Foggon
05-11-2017, 10:03 PM
I solo'd my necro from 1-60 and i'm damn proud of it. A group here or there but never more than a yellow bubble or two of exp. Level 39, buy/make all your level 44/49/50/51 spells and go to Kaesora. And that's it my friend. You live there now. Bind at the top and always keep gate memorized. If you're not fighting purely w/ charms and low level nukes, now is time to teach yourself. You will die alot, but literally two kills is the same exp as one death. Around 44-45 you'll be able to solo xalgoz if you are very good, but I went level 40-50 in a week and was sad that it went so fast. I literally consider making a new necro just so I can relive that experience.

If you go to Lguk, just stay at the top. There's 6-10 frogs on a 36 minute timer.

Foggon
05-11-2017, 10:10 PM
But go charm fight w/ undead because the best exp you are going to find after 50 is solo in HS, and all of those mofos harmtouch and you have to get very very good at learning how to make them all harmtouch eachother and not you. Or if they do harmtouch you, you knew they were going to so you already casted that level 20 spell you forgot you had called Harmshield. Anyway.. I really loved playing my necro man and hope you are too.

After 50 you can also go back to Lguk actually and even get the frenzy and all kinds of camps. I think the hardest fight there is honestly the Undead Lord. That whole room is just bad news. Wizards with ice comet and stuff.

Nordraak
05-12-2017, 02:18 AM
I solo'd my necro from 1-60 and i'm damn proud of it. A group here or there but never more than a yellow bubble or two of exp. Level 39, buy/make all your level 44/49/50/51 spells and go to Kaesora. And that's it my friend. You live there now. Bind at the top and always keep gate memorized. If you're not fighting purely w/ charms and low level nukes, now is time to teach yourself. You will die alot, but literally two kills is the same exp as one death. Around 44-45 you'll be able to solo xalgoz if you are very good, but I went level 40-50 in a week and was sad that it went so fast. I literally consider making a new necro just so I can relive that experience.

If you go to Lguk, just stay at the top. There's 6-10 frogs on a 36 minute timer.

Is there a particular camp in Kaesora you can recommend? I'm a 41 necro now and been doing specs for a while, but would love to mix it up a bit and I've never been in Kaesora.

Also looking for more off the beaten track spots on my way to 60 if you know any! Figured I would go travel more now that I play a solo class. Always played melee on live.

Swish
05-12-2017, 02:24 AM
Not sure if it would be too hard of an area, but the spot outside Xalgoz's temple/building? Lots of undead around there in particular.

Maybe try to do it enchanter style, charm a pet...let it fight another NPC, then kill your pet at low health after it kills mob 1. Not sure I'd fancy fear kiting in there.

Llodd
05-12-2017, 05:15 AM
At 39 I started doing the tunnel on the way to the library (thru secret wall near spiders below 3 on wiki map). It's even possible to fear kite in the tunnel if that's your thing once you've cleared them out a bit. Don't fight too close to the Library as it has healers. Other option is Xalgoz area or the ramps/rooms leading down to them, I moved there once I got a few lvls around library area as some of the mobs there are higher lvl. Keep the staves theyre great pet weapons.

If you'ver never been here before hardest part is figuring out your way around and getting to those undead areas safely as there can be a mix of mobs or see inv. Might be daunting at first but it's pretty routine once you got it down.

Gumbo
05-12-2017, 06:30 PM
I may have missed it but everyone points out the Specs at Oasis and never the Specs in Feerrott. There are seven Specs there to camp and usually only has 1 or 2 people there to camp so few are always open...

Swish
05-12-2017, 09:21 PM
I may have missed it but everyone points out the Specs at Oasis and never the Specs in Feerrott. There are seven Specs there to camp and usually only has 1 or 2 people there to camp so few are always open...

Not been in Feerott lately but there's also 7 there, and most necros cant take 7 easily before they respawn...bind outside Oggok by the vendors then gate/sell/run back. Doesn't take long. Use skellie illusion if they won't sell to you.

Llodd
05-13-2017, 03:35 AM
There's also 4 spectres in OoT, and some good money to be made off the gargoyles inbetween spawns. And the lesser known 4 spawn in Qeynos sewers near the evil GM's.

thebutthat
05-13-2017, 07:59 AM
Crystal Caverns. The Terrors just passed the coldain city area are solid for 39. Once they slow down, move up to Geo's. With a little care and finesse you can fear kite both camps. Good xp and usually not camped.

Izmael
05-13-2017, 09:22 AM
Xalgoz area in Kaesora probably not trivial at 39, BUT 100% undead mobs which is such a luxury for a necro.

Other option are Sythrax skeles in FoB, they are good till 41 or so only, though.

markymark84
05-13-2017, 10:54 PM
Foggon, mind if i reach out to you in game and ask for tips on this?
i got a COS which would help charming

But go charm fight w/ undead because the best exp you are going to find after 50 is solo in HS, and all of those mofos harmtouch and you have to get very very good at learning how to make them all harmtouch eachother and not you. Or if they do harmtouch you, you knew they were going to so you already casted that level 20 spell you forgot you had called Harmshield. Anyway.. I really loved playing my necro man and hope you are too.

After 50 you can also go back to Lguk actually and even get the frenzy and all kinds of camps. I think the hardest fight there is honestly the Undead Lord. That whole room is just bad news. Wizards with ice comet and stuff.

markymark84
05-20-2017, 07:27 AM
How do you level all the way to 50/51 in there.... im getting light blues everywhere even down at the church... 50% are light blue.. and im 45