PDA

View Full Version : Red Rover red Rover we call blue right over

LuckyBones
05-11-2017, 01:39 PM
Project 1999: Red glares at you threateningly - Is Your Body Red-y?

Welcome to Red 99! If you've always wondered what Red was all about - or found out in the past and weren't thrilled with what you saw - we invite you to come try again. With a host of changes having been made in the past 6 months, including with the most recent patch, Red 99 is better than it has ever been. Come find out what it means for your Body to be Ready today!

Group Experience Bonus -

Project 1999 Red now has a 50% experience bonus from 1-60. In addition to this, for each group member, a 40% experience modifier will be added to all XP the group obtains. This means that with a full 6 member group, you will be provided a 290% bonus to all experience gained, 1-60.

This will provide a faster leveling experience than on blue, but still allow people to take the time to learn their character, meet new friends, and encounter new enemies on their way to level 60. Have your friends roll on red with you, and enjoy the journey!

The Play Nice Policy -

The new Play Nice Policy gives people new and old to PvP a way to ease their transition into a PvP environment. If you are killed in PvP, you need only let the person who killed you and people in the zones you are moving through know that you are "Loot and Scooting (LnS)". This will allow you to get your corpse, and move on from the zone, no questions asked. The player who killed you does not have an option to kill you again if you call loot and scoot, so long as you get your body and move from the zone.

The Play Nice Policy also mixes blue rules with tradional red 99 rules. Any situation that cannot be solved by PvP has the blue rules applied in that situation. For example, if you are camping emperor crushbone, and a level 60 comes to take your spawn, he has to wait in line like everyone else. No longer can people steal your camps 'because its a pvp server'. However, if you are in range of the player in question, and PvP is an option, you'd better watch out! He can kill you to take your camp. A similar application is used for killstealing - high level players cannot steal your kills. If they are out of level-range, they must leave you, and your mobs, alone.

For more information on the specifics of the Red Play Nice Policy, please visit this thread.

The PvP Level Range -
The PvP Level Range has been changed to +/- 4 from 1-60. This provides players with a 'more comfortable' range to PvP from. No longer will someone 6, 7, 8 levels higher than you be able to obliterate you with little resistance. Now you'll have a fighting chance in almost all situations.

'City OOC/Area OOC' -

Currently not implemented.

Nagafen's Lair and Permafrost are no longer no-level range zones -

Soldungb (Nagafen's Lair) and Permafrost are now +/- 4 level range. In the past, these fantastic zones were 'FFA', and you could be killed by people much, much higher level than you. No longer! These two zones are now limited by level range, and will function like normal zones in PvP.

Resist Fixes -

On February 23rd, 2013 changes were made to the way resists work on Project 1999: Red. Resist gear is more meaningful now, and you are more likely to resist spell when wearing resist gear. This adds balance to the PvP system, and allows new and old players alike to flex their strategic muscles, both when picking gear and when actually engaged in combat.

The PvP Community -
There are many misconceptions as to what 'the PvP community' is on Project 1999. Many people have a negative view of Red 99 and it's players. It's time to throw these notions out the window! You will be pleasantly surprised when you get in game and realize that even people who kill you are often willing to lend you a helping hand afterwards (and maybe a bit of advice!). Come find out what it means to be a part of Red 99!

Sign me up!
There is nothing quite like the adrenaline rush of a close PvP encounter. The excitement, the thrill, the fear, and the elation of a win is one of the most pure and challenging gaming experiences out there today. PvP offers an opportunity to make close friends who would quite literally die for you in game, and bitter enemies who would do the exact opposite. The bonds and community formed on a PvP server last a lifetime. We will be running GM events, and the established players and guilds will be helping to welcome new players to the server all weekend! Come join in on the fun, the strategy, the heartbreak, the laughter, the tears, and the excitement that is Project 1999 Red: PvP today

Whirled
05-11-2017, 01:43 PM
I'm logged in right now; where you at?

LuckyBones
05-11-2017, 02:02 PM
Wakening Lands

Rapidwave
05-11-2017, 09:17 PM
Pass. Dead server with a buncha druggies leftover

rollingreen
05-11-2017, 11:39 PM
I fell for the bait... gave red try just to see...
well, from my experience, I couldnt stand all the $hit talkin in chat, empty zones, and then killed whilst meddin my spells...
So, no offense red, but will NOT be back.
Not my cup of tea... Not hating, just not for me.

kjs86z
05-12-2017, 10:16 AM
lawyerquest in pvp lol

loramin
05-12-2017, 11:30 AM
The PvP Level Range -
The PvP Level Range has been changed to +/- 4 from 1-60. This provides players with a 'more comfortable' range to PvP from. No longer will someone 6, 7, 8 levels higher than you be able to obliterate you with little resistance. Now you'll have a fighting chance in almost all situations.

... except when you're fighting a de-leveled fungi-wearing twink ...

C'mon Red promoters: be honest about your server or most of the people you recruit won't stay when they find out what it's really like.

Source: a player who tried Red in response to these things awhile ago, and was griefed off before hitting level 4.

Squabbles123
05-12-2017, 12:02 PM
Sign me up!
There is nothing quite like the adrenaline rush of a close PvP encounter. The excitement, the thrill, the fear, and the elation of a win is one of the most pure and challenging gaming experiences out there today. PvP offers an opportunity to make close friends who would quite literally die for you in game, and bitter enemies who would do the exact opposite. The bonds and community formed on a PvP server last a lifetime. We will be running GM events, and the established players and guilds will be helping to welcome new players to the server all weekend! Come join in on the fun, the strategy, the heartbreak, the laughter, the tears, and the excitement that is Project 1999 Red: PvP today

This needs fixing...lets see...

Sign me up!
There is nothing quite like the adrenaline rush of a PvP encounter. The blindess, the roots, the insta-kills, and the frustration of a gank is one of the most dull and unrewarding gaming experiences out there today. PvP offers an opportunity to be murdered by 2 grouping friends who will quite literally kill you in game. The grief and annoyance formed on a PvP server last a lifetime. We will be running GM events, and the established players and guilds will be helping to murder new players to the server all weekend! Come join in on the death, the ganking, the unfair fights, the rage quits, and the total lack of fun that is Project 1999 Red: PvP today

There we go, fixed for accuracy.

menadwen
05-12-2017, 01:57 PM
no

XeroKill
05-12-2017, 08:39 PM
I love how these threads never stop surfacing... if it was worth it, you wouldn't need to advertise constantly just to get people to try. It's not like people aren't aware of red as an option. The server population speaks for itself, and the reputation of red is hard earned and long deserved.

Cen
05-15-2017, 12:33 AM
That face you make when she comes over to ruin your lands right after ruining her own.
https://wiki.project1999.com/images/Npc_guard_deregan.png

Swish
05-15-2017, 07:52 AM
The eyes never lie.

RedSlave
05-15-2017, 12:20 PM
Getting that 290% bonus would require six people being on the server concurrently.

skarlorn
05-15-2017, 01:24 PM
GO BACK TO DED 99

skarlorn
05-15-2017, 01:26 PM
There is nothing quite like the adrenaline rush of a close PvP encounter. The excitement, the thrill, the fear, and the elation of a win is one of the most pure and challenging gaming experiences out there today. PvP offers an opportunity to make close friends who would quite literally die for you in game, and bitter enemies who would do the exact opposite. The bonds and community formed on a PvP server last a lifetime.

here's just a few ways you can get adrenaline rushes and community without playing on that sh!thole server:

*well, you could join the actual military
*get into rock climbing
*shoot yourself in the brain with a real pistol
*get addicted to cocaine
*play PvP on a game designed for PvP
*don't play red 99, for any reason, ever

Those are just a few humble thoughts to help save any prospective parties from wasting their time.

ViniBRNaps
05-15-2017, 06:51 PM
Im a newbie on everquest..but I may just try Red because I'm really not getting any groups or even people to talk with or give me any help or tips in Blue..I mean, theres 900+ people online and I dont see anyone..I tried starting in Halas, Qenyos, Kalladin... Just one or other high end geared players that passes by here and there, plus leveling up at those extreme low rates without a party or someone to chat with or explore is getting really dull..I dont know..I just really like the game, but Blue is giving me a tough time.

RedSlave
05-17-2017, 08:19 AM
Im a newbie on everquest..but I may just try Red because I'm really not getting any groups or even people to talk with or give me any help or tips in Blue..I mean, theres 900+ people online and I dont see anyone..I tried starting in Halas, Qenyos, Kalladin... Just one or other high end geared players that passes by here and there, plus leveling up at those extreme low rates without a party or someone to chat with or explore is getting really dull..I dont know..I just really like the game, but Blue is giving me a tough time.

Halas is probably one of the more remote cities in the game. There are lots of folks around, what level are you now? We could give you recommendations on where to go.

Phenyo
05-17-2017, 08:31 AM
Halas, Qenyos, Kalladin...

The p99 population tends to follow the path of least resistance, the cities you stated are generally underpopulated.

Squabbles123
05-17-2017, 01:06 PM

Most of the population hangs out on the other side of the continent near Freeport.

El Camacho
05-17-2017, 01:28 PM
... except when you're fighting a de-leveled fungi-wearing twink ...

C'mon Red promoters: be honest about your server or most of the people you recruit won't stay when they find out what it's really like.

Source: a player who tried Red in response to these things awhile ago, and was griefed off before hitting level 4.

http://www.r99pvp.com/

You can see all the PvP deaths, where/when they occured. Filter by zone, guild, player, etc. Go check out how few actual kills there are each day that are not apex/ragnarok and where they happened. Then consider every other zone outside those times is probably open for uncontested play.

I'm not recruiting for red, but what you suggest as the norm really isn't the case.

I've seen more trains kill players on blue in one casual session than I have had deaths (including griefers) from level 1-60 on my first character.

You are right though, most quite around level 25 when they get to mistmoore where there are 2-3 actual grief twinks that log on for maybe 10 minutes every other day.

Not sure if people are actually "griefed" off the server or just put out that they are not immune to do whatever they want and no one can do anything about it.

Red is a cesspool though. Entertaining however.

StinkyGreenBud
05-17-2017, 09:19 PM
No

Nagoya
05-18-2017, 03:01 AM
real feedback from someone who tried Red99, twice.
Once with a wizard up to level 22, once with a druid up to level 18.

1) until level 55, it is not a PvP server, it is a solo server.
2) people you meet are actually usually nice, and don't want to PK you. (see point one)
3) i kept track of people online and their level using the "/who all X Y count" where X Y is the level range. 98%+ of the people online at any time is level 50+, 90%+ of the people online at any time is level 60. From level 1 to 20, you will have between 0 and 4 people maximum online in the whole world in your PvP range.
4) the "OOC Community" and the "Forum Community" is toxic. Most vocal people probably have legitimate mental issues and make you feel sorry for them. I think they are not trying to be mean? They probably just don't know how to interact with people very well... It's hard to say really. End result tho, they are not very nice and not really the kind of people you want to create "lifetime friendship!" with. I would like to point out that many other less vocal people are genuinely nice and friendly and helpful tho.

All in all, I was disappointed in my two tries.
Your mileage may vary! just my honest two cents :)

Cheers,

Quadrono
05-23-2017, 09:32 AM
If I wanted to play in a cesspit, I'd go do it in the badyard, not online.