PDA

View Full Version : Good microphone for voice prgs?

Lhancelot
05-11-2017, 08:10 AM
Hey I need to get a new mic, anyone have a suggestion? Expensive or not, let me know what you use and enjoy the most, thanks!

Taiku
05-11-2017, 08:24 AM
I bought a Blue Yeti (Silver) on sale for I think $110 or so from amazon and people say it sounds pretty good, it has a headphone jack on it that lets you hear yourself as you talk even if you have nice sound canceling headphones!

Lhancelot
05-11-2017, 08:25 AM
I bought a Blue Yeti (Silver) on sale for I think $110 or so from amazon and people say it sounds pretty good, it has a headphone jack on it that lets you hear yourself as you talk even if you have nice sound canceling headphones!

thanks man I read up on it.

Swish
05-11-2017, 02:54 PM
$110 to talk to nerds on the internet in slightly better quality. Let that sink in a moment.

teai
05-11-2017, 02:55 PM
Some people like fancy feast instead of alley cat

Swish
05-11-2017, 03:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUqDHW0jmkw

Sage Truthbearer
05-11-2017, 03:02 PM
Posting 16,000 times on an eq emulator forum. Let that sink in a moment.

mastersapper
05-11-2017, 03:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USg3NR76XpQ&t=149m20s

shuklak
05-11-2017, 03:14 PM

That'll do it.

Lhancelot
05-11-2017, 04:32 PM
$110 to talk to nerds on the internet in slightly better quality. Let that sink in a moment.

What happened to you Swish?

The only time you are "friendly" is when you are spouting off about that dead server no one but you and 5 other people log in to. :confused:

I suggest trying Blue, the one that matches your present mood as of lately.

Baler
05-11-2017, 05:40 PM
People are jealous as fuck of the bigger number. They'll say they aren't but why would they make such a big deal out of it if they weren't.

Sage Truthbearer
Do you even play p99? Seriously.

Chloroform

shuklak

Lhancelot
Dude rode my coattails. Deserves no respect!

Y'all post on a P99 thread but have significantly low proof you even play on the server.
And inb4 someone comes up with nonsensical bs to try and make me sound wrong. It's not cool to jab at a user who is active especially when the users doing the jabbing aren't even active.

---
Why isn't this thread in off topic? rnf 2.0

Swish
05-12-2017, 01:56 AM

Quality posts full of helpful advice and fun threads. Remember RNF isn't included so all the shit flung at me I reply to in there doesn't count.

What happened to you Swish?

The only time you are "friendly" is when you are spouting off about that dead server no one but you and 5 other people log in to. :confused:

I suggest trying Blue, the one that matches your present mood as of lately.

That's not true and I still log in to blue. Remember your rant about auction trackers? What happened to you there?

Swish
05-12-2017, 02:01 AM
People are jealous as fuck of the bigger number. They'll say they aren't but why would they make such a big deal out of it if they weren't.

I've just been here longer that's all. I'm sure I'd have less than other people if I only found P99 a few years ago.

Still, why be nice when you can berate someone who tries to help new players with leveling advice and a bunch of stuff. People wait for an occasion where I disagree with someone else's point of view and all scream to the rooftops about it.

Perhaps some people need to look up a dictionary definition of forum. Knowing you won't I'll do it for you. Here >>

forum
ˈfɔːrəm/Submit
noun
a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
"we hope these pages act as a forum for debate"

...I think people try to pull these threads off topic on purpose. Sorry OP, just had to clear that up.

Lhancelot
05-12-2017, 03:05 AM
Quality posts full of helpful advice and fun threads. Remember RNF isn't included so all the shit flung at me I reply to in there doesn't count.

That's not true and I still log in to blue. Remember your rant about auction trackers? What happened to you there?

That all you can do is bring up negative things about others? I think Red has negatively affected you tbh.

You just seem bitter is all. In this thread you didn't contribute anything except for insulting someone that gave some friendly advice. How is that being "helpful"?

Swish
05-12-2017, 03:14 AM
That all you can do is bring up negative things about others? I think Red has negatively affected you tbh.

You just seem bitter is all. In this thread you didn't contribute anything except for insulting someone that gave some friendly advice. How is that being "helpful"?

I call you out on the auction tracker rants and I'm now bitter? I'm not. I just don't see the value in a "Dr Dre Beats" VIP level microphone. Just trying to help someone who is considering dropping a lot of money on a microphone to think for a moment - nothing more than that. If he wants to buy it, guess what? He's going to buy it regardless no matter what anyone here says :p He came for advice, I offered my thoughts on microphones :)

I recently bought a gaming headset funnily, it isn't blue yeti level by any means, but it's also not cheap Chinese made to break in a month cheap and the microphone on it is still decent. I think you can do well going middle of the road sometimes.

Lhancelot
05-12-2017, 03:19 AM
I call you out on the auction tracker rants and I'm now bitter? I'm not. I just don't see the value in a "Dr Dre Beats" VIP level microphone. Just trying to help someone who is considering dropping a lot of money on a microphone to think for a moment - nothing more than that. If he wants to buy it, guess what? He's going to buy it regardless no matter what anyone here says :p He came for advice, I offered my thoughts on microphones :)

I recently bought a gaming headset funnily, it isn't blue yeti level by any means, but it's also not cheap Chinese made to break in a month cheap and the microphone on it is still decent. I think you can do well going middle of the road sometimes.

Soooo... what kind is your new mic?

Also, dude... why are you fixated on my post about auctions and ec? How many weeks, months ago was it? One post I made so long ago and it stuck in your head still? smh.

Swish
05-12-2017, 06:03 AM
It was definitely not one post.

"P99 auctions site is dead. Bury it please"
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257186

"EC has too many resellers"
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257653

Why you playing it down? They aren't bad threads, I just remember it was your thing.

Taiku
05-12-2017, 06:50 AM

Only reasons I bought a blue yeti were that a friend had one so I knew the quality was good and I was sick of buying headsets (mic+headphones) and having one of the two components breaking somehow and then having to scrap the whole thing when I get a whole new replacement for a half broken headset, also opens up options of being able to get really nice headphones down the line, like a nice Sennheiser or something!

Modmic from Antlion also seems like it might be a good and less expensive option if you've got headphones you already like, though I don't have experience with it, and they would have probably more background thump noise of the wires bumping things or pulling on the mic.

And yes I spent $110 to talk to nerds on the internet, I like some of those nerds. :3

rigaddict
05-29-2017, 04:55 AM
Get a Blue Yeti for under 100$ like that guy up there said.