PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Server?

GSZ
05-10-2017, 08:42 PM
Any word, or thoughts on P99 potentially opening up a fresh server at some point in time? Sorry if this has been asked multiple times or recently - haven't been around here in a while. My brother gave me a heads up on the new TLP server being released on the live servers and it has us both fiending for some EQ again. I'd prefer to play on a server like P99, but would take a fresh TLP server over the 7 year old current P99 server. Especially since my brother never played here... Thanks for any info anybody may be able to provide!

aaezil
05-10-2017, 08:44 PM
They have been talking about it for what 5 years now? thats the news

Pokesan
05-10-2017, 08:55 PM
has not been announced yet. will not happen until after the patch timeline (http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:EQLive_Timeline) is finished and fully polished. the most recent patch was stonebrunt iirc.

ignore any doomsayers who will troll about this topic.

Caiu
05-10-2017, 09:20 PM
I recall Nilbog mentioning a patch that would go in on the next server timeline correct. So I assume that a new server following the real classic timeline is in the cards hopefully.

maskedmelonpai
05-10-2017, 09:27 PM
Here:

I can't give you an ETA, but I can add some information.

Since Kunark development, we have used a rule-based system when developing content and code. What this means is the work needed to add/remove timeline features only has to be done once, and a rule applied for the era.

For example, when a server is released (original eq launch date: march 1999), rubicite and manastones should drop until ~October 1999. When a new server is launched, all that is necessary is to set the correct era rules. The era switches allow us to apply rules to spawns, loottables, items, spells, doors, tradeskills, etc so they may be enabled/disabled without even a patch.

It has been, and still is the plan to release a timeline correct server a certain amount of time after Velious is complete.Velious still lacks 2 zones; Stonebrunt and Chardok revamp. There are patches between and after those times which need to be developed.

There are options which haven't been fully discussed. One option is as you said, once the new server reached the end of Velious, merge those characters back into the original existing p99 servers. At that point, start a new one. i.e. Recycle

There will be announcements when those decisions are made.

you may pras me now, it okay.

Rekrul
05-10-2017, 11:21 PM
Daybreak will not allow p99 to create a new server. It's simply not going to happen.

Sallan
05-10-2017, 11:35 PM
Daybreak will not allow p99 to create a new server. It's simply not going to happen.

That's possibly also one of the reasons things have slowed down a lot. At the point of the discord announcement mgmt was peaking with frequent updates, plans, quakes etc. Sadly that has died down considerably with lack of interest in their part if daybreak is truly the lock and chain (or restrictions in place)

aaezil
05-10-2017, 11:43 PM

Fake news

NegaStoat
05-11-2017, 12:00 AM

This. Most folks have forgotten that as the server was moving up to Velious, the test server was to be used for a fresh custom Teams PvP server after its launch, which was highly anticipated by the staff and players alike. It was a topic covered over several of Sirken's streams.

Daybreak delayed the P1999 Velious launch due to their own classic server launch with a quiet 'agreement' and all talk of fresh servers and the Teams PvP server died with it, excluding some token 'maybe' and 'we would like to' rumors. What we have is all we'll get.

Swish
05-11-2017, 01:27 AM
OP you're just in time, we're about to launch the discord server <3

http://i.imgur.com/SuztXe3.gif

Fenna
05-11-2017, 02:57 AM
Agnarr!

May 24th!

GSZ
05-11-2017, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the insight everybody. Looks like I'll be rolling on the new TLP server on the 24th. Will definitely roll on P99's new server if/when it ever happens. Sounds like it's still at least a year away and probably longer.

solidious77
05-12-2017, 07:39 AM
With these new paid TLP servers I'm not sure p1999 could ever release a new server. Maybe they make it pay to play which is fine but I sure hope there is a new p99 server..

Fuck all this easy mode TLP bs.. maps, no corpse runs, easy xp.. Why do we all need to be handheld like 12 year old kids who play games on very easy mode? Might as well just have a /plat command.

I didn't intend to rant but it is really disappointing to me that p99 worked for many years *by donation* to make an awesome server that honestly just needs to be reset..

Meanwhile Daybreak Games has failed over and over and over again for years - just to come back to the only thing they did right and then with minimal effort try and squeeze more profit out of it. At least fix the fucking code first before you sell it!

Swish
05-12-2017, 09:30 PM
With these new paid TLP servers I'm not sure p1999 could ever release a new server. Maybe they make it pay to play which is fine but I sure hope there is a new p99 server..

Fuck all this easy mode TLP bs.. maps, no corpse runs, easy xp.. Why do we all need to be handheld like 12 year old kids who play games on very easy mode? Might as well just have a /plat command.

I didn't intend to rant but it is really disappointing to me that p99 worked for many years *by donation* to make an awesome server that honestly just needs to be reset..

Meanwhile Daybreak Games has failed over and over and over again for years - just to come back to the only thing they did right and then with minimal effort try and squeeze more profit out of it. At least fix the fucking code first before you sell it!

Good post, its like nobody enjoys a challenge anymore.

Turp
05-12-2017, 10:06 PM
Daybreak shut that down. I'd say once they run out of $ profit from the TLPs then they may green light a p99 with a correct timeline.

Rogean should of made a deal and gave them classic code to start their TLP with in exchange for him to be able to open a new server.