PDA

View Full Version : Returning from 1999

Zuljin Da'kor
05-10-2017, 12:37 AM
Hello everyone. I've read up on this Project 1999. I was feeling nostalgic the other day, since I had played from 99 to 04 off and on.

How is the community?

Since this is an emulator do I run the risk of it shutting down and losing my character?

Is this vanilla only, will any expansions ever be introduced?

Do GMs do a good job at moderating everything?

Thanks Again, hopefully maybe I will give this a shot.

mattydef
05-10-2017, 06:19 PM
The community is awesome, you will find plenty of people of all levels to group with. This server is no different than any other game, there's always a chance it can shut down, but p99 has been around for like 8 years and still continues to grow with a healthy population. The odds of it ending anytime soon are slim.

P99 is currently into Velious expansion, and will stay there for the rest of its existence. While some people may be turned off by that, most of us treat p99 like a museum. It's amazing to get on and experience everything again, meet new people and accomplish goals you never thought you'd get the chance to do again. GMs are very active on the server, I see them around pretty much everyday and always get a response pretty fast.

Phenyo
05-10-2017, 06:30 PM
Hello everyone. I've read up on this Project 1999. I was feeling nostalgic the other day, since I had played from 99 to 04 off and on.

How is the community?

Since this is an emulator do I run the risk of it shutting down and losing my character?

Is this vanilla only, will any expansions ever be introduced?

Do GMs do a good job at moderating everything?

Thanks Again, hopefully maybe I will give this a shot.

The CSR staff are only human but they do a good job.

There is an agreement with Daybreak (who now owns the EQ license) that p99 is allowed to operate providing they dont make money directly from the project. The server has been up for a long time now and theres very little chance its going to go down.

Welcome back down the rabbit hole