PDA

View Full Version : Need before greed in pickup groups?

Lickum
02-11-2011, 11:36 AM
This used to be the way I saw it happening back on live for the most part. I never understood it to be honest, everyone in the group is doing their part and something drops, everyone should roll, shouldnt they? They could sell the item to get a much needed upgrade as well.

What are your opinions?

Kailo
02-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Helping gear up the folks that you are grouped with is great so far as i am concerned, but "need before greed" was never even a concept back on Veeshan.

xshayla701
02-11-2011, 11:50 AM
greed rolls all the way. nbg is retarded

Messianic
02-11-2011, 11:51 AM
My two rules for grouping:

1) Don't expect groups to be generous. They can be, and it's good to try to be helpful to one another for mutual gain; but you can't force them to be generous. We all play this game for ultimately self-interested reasons, if nothing else because we personally enjoy it.

2) Don't assume everyone agrees. Set ground rules on loot from the start. It's no good arguing that you had a different assumption about loot than the other guy - assumptions are worth less than nothing.

Lickum
02-11-2011, 11:51 AM
greed rolls all the way. nbg is retarded

<333333

Mcbard
02-11-2011, 11:56 AM
The only camps I could see this being an issue at would be something that dropped a high $$ item such as frenzy, lord, or efreeti where items are all worth 5k+. In this case it should probably be discussed beforehand on how it will be handled.

I'm pro nbg because I don't give a shit about a 300plat RMB, and you shouldn't either or you're just an asshole imo.

Lickum
02-11-2011, 11:58 AM
The only camps I could see this being an issue at would be something that dropped a high $$ item such as frenzy, lord, or efreeti where items are all worth 5k+. In this case it should probably be discussed beforehand on how it will be handled.

I'm pro nbg because I don't give a shit about a 300plat RMB, and you shouldn't either or you're just an asshole imo.

You bring up a good point. I'd probably say 1k+ items. I've seen people cry they needed some piece of loot just to witness it for sale in EC 15 minutes later.

azeth
02-11-2011, 11:59 AM
take the fungi king camp for example, pretty ridiculous to call NBG considering everyone's there for the same reason..

that being said, take Juggs for example - if I'm in a group where Sebilite Croaking Dirk drops and a caster rolls on it, well you can bet your ass I'm randoming on all your high level spells and will gladly sell them to you.

xshayla701
02-11-2011, 12:01 PM

What about BnB when GCB drops... WRU ESTU???? <3

Froglok
02-11-2011, 12:04 PM
And then they made World of Warcraft to fix these problems...

karsten
02-11-2011, 12:08 PM
i am very rarely in a group that isnt nbg, and if I am, it is very clearly communicated as such beforehand. I would flip my shit if a necro rolled on a fungi over me, and just as has been mentioned, would be equally silly to roll on rare jug spells if there are casters in the group that need them

wtf is wrong with you people, i thought we were friends here?

Messianic
02-11-2011, 12:08 PM

I don't think a higher value item necessitates NbG. The question of whether one person gets more utility out of receiving an FBSS from camping (say, a rogue/monk/warrior), than a caster would out of selling it and buying an equivalent is actually really subjective.

Because we don't know what the warrior/rogue/monk does, we don't know if they would use the money more effectively. If they used it the rest of their career - great. But the rogue eventually gets his epic - and the FBSS is then sold and use to pad their bank account.

My opinion of the best loot system (for most cases) is everyone may roll on everything, but rules dictate how much loot someone can get - i.e. you roll on FBSS and win, you can't roll on Yak if it drops later.

Usually it's not that sophisticated, though, and I don't group now as much as I did on live, so...

Messianic
02-11-2011, 12:10 PM
And then they made World of Warcraft to dumb-down MMO players...

ftfy

azeth
02-11-2011, 12:10 PM
i am very rarely in a group that isnt nbg, and if I am, it is very clearly communicated as such beforehand. I would flip my shit if a necro rolled on a fungi over me, and just as has been mentioned, would be equally silly to roll on rare jug spells if there are casters in the group that need them

See I actually think the Fungi Tunic is a good example of something that has an NBG feel to it given how powerful it is on an appropriate melee class however its Platinum value is so great that I can't blame people for going greed on it.

Froglok
02-11-2011, 12:13 PM
ftfy

Thanks!

Messianic
02-11-2011, 12:17 PM
See I actually think the Fungi Tunic is a good example of something that has an NBG feel to it given how powerful it is on an appropriate melee class however its Platinum value is so great that I can't blame people for going greed on it.

Yeah - I tend to feel that only best-in-game items are 100% NBG items. Everything else is negotiable, since the plat value of the item might be worth even more to the other player in buyable gear.

I dunno about Fungi. Fungi was so friggin game breaking for so many (it literally revolutionized my monk's ability to solo and a shaman friend of mine was like a mana battery with it). It's one of those items that simply didn't have any peers.

Ralexia
02-11-2011, 12:20 PM
If its need before greed you'll get an overrepesentation of classes that can use the loot in that camp. Maybe that adds flavor to the zone? I'd prefer it if everything was a greed roll personally. But then you would end up buying all of your gear in EC, and you lose some of hte fun of camping a specific item so you can use it. Then again, camping every item you'll use takes forever. Its far more efficient to just make money and buy everything in EC.

Need before greed works best when you only play with the same group of friends. If one person becomes more powerful from winning the roll that helps you too because he will make the group stronger. Also, you'll be able to talk about where you want to hunt to move the group to a place that drops items that fit your class.

karsten
02-11-2011, 12:21 PM
thats why i plan on holding down the fungi camp with 5 other paladins

although, that would probably create a level of awesomeness so great that the server wouldnt be able to handle it

karsten
02-11-2011, 12:22 PM
in all seriousness I am amazed at the number of people on this thread that are opposed to nbg

azeth
02-11-2011, 12:22 PM
thats why i plan on holding down the fungi camp with 5 other paladins

although, that would probably create a level of awesomeness so great that the server wouldnt be able to handle it

6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.

Lickum
02-11-2011, 12:31 PM

Haha, that made me laugh.

Messianic
02-11-2011, 12:31 PM
in all seriousness I am amazed at the number of people on this thread that are opposed to nbg

I'm opposed to it generally even if we're at a camp with some uber item for my class/race. It's obvious that people use NbG to get items to sell because they happen to be a certain class. I don't believe you're entitled to the item, just because you would make use of it - other people might sell that item to buy stuff they'll make better use of. See what I mean?

My method eliminates abuse of that, since plat value is generally pretty transferable.

karsten
02-11-2011, 12:55 PM

hahahahah

Tippett
02-11-2011, 01:09 PM

gtfo

h0tr0d (shaere)
02-11-2011, 01:10 PM

Yup. To be honest we always did NBG from what I recall on Tunare, and even Drinal. That it didn't happen on other servers does not surprise me. Guild dominated servers had not as tight a community I think. I count myself fortunate to have played where I did.

Omnimorph
02-11-2011, 01:17 PM
No on NGB, not in pugs... if i'm with friends then sure, hell if i'm in a pug and an item my friend wants drops i'll roll on it with the intention of giving them it.

Versus
02-11-2011, 01:24 PM
I think it depends on the items value.

As much as I need that FBSS as a monk, it is worth too much to not random on. Not to mention, that is why everyone is there, including the cleric.

Dollar dollar bills yall.

Hobby
02-11-2011, 01:31 PM
When I was a player here and leveling up, the groups I joined were almost always NBG.

Then again, I leveled up when 500 max population was a huge thing and the Andain stories entertained us for hours and hours.

The Good Ol' Days is what I like to call them

Randy
02-11-2011, 01:32 PM
This thread illustrates why everything has to be greed if you're like me and just do pickup groups. So few people actually NBG that I'm compelled to greed on everything cause I know if I'm in a group and something drops that I need some twinked douche is gonna demand greed. Therefor, I have to be a dick to everyone else and greed so I can improve my gear. Also, people lie too much.

Its sad cause its 10x more fulfilling to loot an item than it is to buy it. I'd prefer NBG, but greed is too well established on here.

Mcbard
02-11-2011, 01:47 PM
I'd prefer NBG, but greed is too well established on here.

I encountered NBG in every group I was in while leveling up.. and this was just a couple of months ago.. so either I got very lucky, things changed very fast, or you're making this up?

Randy
02-11-2011, 01:51 PM
I encountered NBG in every group I was in while leveling up.. and this was just a couple of months ago.. so either I got very lucky, things changed very fast, or you're making this up?

I mean, low level gear(under 100pp) lots of people would pass on... but once I got to Lguk or so. Been greed a majority of the time.

Tetrian
02-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Greed, unless with friends and its been talked over and everyone is good with NBG.

The fungi camp btw, is a prime example of caster screwing. You want a cleric there, and you likely want a chanter there - as well as an evacer / corpse summoner And jack shit drops there for them outside the occational spell.

And lets face it, 80K or however much the fungi is worth, can pretty much buy one every single spell needed in kunark - as well as a long list of gear upgrades.

Outside of that, and thats the prime reason. I've had enough with the retards who claims NBG, with an item already in their stash somewhere, and then sells it. It happened to me twice on schrooms on live from "need" classes.

In short, fuck it on pickup groups.

Nedala
02-11-2011, 02:24 PM
NBG all the way, even on GEBs and yaks. Thats how it always was in any grp i was.

soup
02-11-2011, 02:25 PM
The more valuable the item is, the less reasonable it is to do NBG.

like the guy two posts above me said, if you're a monk and you want a cleric and enchanter there to make the fungus camp possible, you better have some damn good friends who play those classes, or you better plan on letting them roll on the tunic.

I mean really, how is it supposed to be reasonable to say "hey strangers, come help -ME- get one of the most valuable 1 groupable items in the game!"

Seaweedpimp
02-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Exactly. I say it depends on the camp.

SirAlvarex
02-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Back in the day on Tunare it was always NBG. But prices were different there I guess. The best items cost no more than 10k (unless someone was desperate), and only the uber-duper rare items cost more than 20k. Hell, I remember Lammies being 3k and Fungi being 10k. I'm betting those prices will be multiplied x10 until Velious.

I think NBG should be *assumed*, and only greed roll when it's agreed upon the group. However I do agree that it pisses me off when I lose an NBG roll, and then see that person selling the item in EC once the group disbands.

Erasong
02-11-2011, 03:38 PM
I NBG every camp I do unless the rest of the group disagree. I dont force this on folks. Its a personal choice of mine and ive been in groups that go for greed, i win the roll, and then give it to the need if one is present. Its just not as important to me to get rich as it is to see other folks having a good time.

baub
02-11-2011, 03:46 PM
NBG all the way, who gives a shit about plat?

only times i ran into peeps in my group leveling up who were strictly against it it was usually some IB/Trans/DA alt

Henini
02-11-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm pro nbg, to me, EQ has always been about camping gear/upgrades.

Labyrrinth
02-11-2011, 04:41 PM
If it is a pickup group, greed
If it's friends or guildmates, nbg

Sparkin
02-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Back in the day on Tunare it was always NBG. But prices were different there I guess. The best items cost no more than 10k (unless someone was desperate), and only the uber-duper rare items cost more than 20k. Hell, I remember Lammies being 3k and Fungi being 10k. I'm betting those prices will be multiplied x10 until Velious.

When the were relevant, the prices of those items on Tunare were a lot higher than that.

Pro NBG all the way. Really I'm surprised how many people here are pro greed. I haven't been in one group on this server that did greed that I can think of, but then I haven't grouped a lot in Guk. Who groups in Guk anyways lol (at the top $ camps at least)? Every camp of significance is done by one player or maybe 2-3 friends tops it seems where NBG / greed would be less of a server policy and more of how the friends want to do it.

I think its cool to get upgrades for people you group with. If I'm playing a melee and a RBG drops off a krup in Seb, group does greed and the cleric wins it and sticks it on their level 10 iksar... yeah, F that. Cause that's what would happen. The cleric would not sell it for spells lol so don't even try to peddle that.

fugazi
02-11-2011, 06:15 PM
NBG, I feel like a selfish ass when I go pure G.

Myrkskog
02-11-2011, 06:20 PM
I've been in groups that work both ways on this server.

I've also seen people on this server who have need rolled for an item just to sell it in EC a few hours later.

As someone said, 1 fungi tunic can buy a lot of caster shit. I'm pro greed, and it eliminates the bullshit element.

Sometimes we'd do it like this on live. Everyone, regardless of class, is eligible to roll on items such as the Fungi Tunic, but in order to be eligible to roll a person has to have been in the group for a minimum amount of time.

Versus
02-11-2011, 07:08 PM
BTW...I'm not opposed to Greed, but I could also see letting the people who would primarily benefit from the loot an edge.

FBSS/Fungi
Cleric - /rand 1 1000
Monk - /rand 300 1000

etc. ;)

Darkforge
02-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Need before greed was put into place because we are not all dicks that only look out for ourselves. The first time you get into a group and an item drops for you that is a huge upgrade you will be like "OOOo sweet glade its not greed over need!" You would bitch a fit if you were a warrior and a druid took a plate item from you....

Welcome to being considerate of other players......Go back to WoW if u want to roll on items that u don't need or can use.

Glaani
02-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Always NBG...whether it's friends or total strangers.

It's not all about the plat, there's huge enjoyment in seeing people get an upgrade, and it might be you getting that upgrade.

soup
02-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Let me ask this again since no one really addressed it:
let's take the fungi tunic example, how do you bring yourself to ask random strangers to help you get one of if not the most expensive and useful items in the game when they have no chance of getting anything useful or valuable?

do you expect total strangers to go to a camp that has nothing for them just to get you gear? sounds pretty selfish to me.

Estu
02-11-2011, 07:36 PM
I never got very high in live EQ, though I played it a lot, so my main experience of rolling for loot was in WoW, where it's need before greed by default. Of course, it also makes more sense in WoW, since most of the unique dungeon loot there binds upon pickup. So you don't have the question of whether to sell the item later most of the time.

Coming from this mentality, I've been in favor of need before greed here. However, there are good points against it. I think ultimately I'd go need before greed on loot less than 1kpp, and greed on loot more than 1kpp. The fungi tunic arguments are good - that the casters wouldn't have reason to go to the camp, or that they would be able to buy themselves spells and whatnot. With friends or guildies I think I'd still go need before greed, even with expensive loot.

Also, I've never heard of people rolling need and then selling the item on EC. I guess it's gotta happen, but I don't think it's the epidemic people are making it out to be.

Ele
02-11-2011, 07:36 PM

I've also seen people on this server who have need rolled for an item just to sell it in EC a few hours later.

As someone said, 1 fungi tunic can buy a lot of caster shit. I'm pro greed, and it eliminates the bullshit element.

Sometimes we'd do it like this on live. Everyone, regardless of class, is eligible to roll on items such as the Fungi Tunic, but in order to be eligible to roll a person has to have been in the group for a minimum amount of time.

Nothing like a replacement coming into an established fungi/crypt PUG and being there for 5 minutes and winning the roll on a tunic/cloak to then turn around and say "oops I forgot I need to go do X" and peace out.

A few times in crypt NBG PUGs you would have a hiero cloak drop, someone would say I need it, win it, then be back the next day without one saying they need it again.
:mad:

soup
02-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Nothing like a replacement coming into an established fungi/crypt PUG and being there for 5 minutes and winning the roll on a tunic/cloak to then turn around and say "oops I forgot I need to go do X" and peace out.

A few times in crypt NBG PUGs you would have a hiero cloak drop, someone would say I need it, win it, then be back the next day without one saying they need it again.
:mad:

This also brings up the fact that NBG doesn't get rid of greed, since people can (and do) claim need just to get an item to sell it. Letting everyone roll makes it fair.

Ele
02-11-2011, 07:48 PM
This also brings up the fact that NBG doesn't get rid of greed, since people can (and do) claim need just to get an item to sell it. Letting everyone roll makes it fair.

I've seen far too many times people taking an item off or transfering to an alt before going to a camp for a lore item or claiming that the item is a "loaner" from a friend.

Again this applies almost 100% to PUGs, if it is a guild/friend group then NGB all the way.

Slathar
02-11-2011, 07:54 PM
need before greed? hahahaha no, never. unless you're my friend, everything is getting randomed by everyone.

Torqumada286
02-11-2011, 07:55 PM
I remember years ago on live that I was playing in a PUG in Skyfire ad we hashed out the rules. I prefer NBG, because that is just my nature, but was outvoted by the group that we would random everything. The first item to drop was the monk epic quest item, the book of Immortals. and I was playing my monk. The entire party basically said "Sorry, but we're going to random this." I didn't win the roll, the necromancer did. Basically he spent the next hour waving the fact that he had won the item and how much he was going to get for selling it. (I guess he didn't notice the No Drop part of the item description) This was right up to the moment the 56th level Necromancer Pet dropped. Then he was all for NBG and implored the party to allow him to loot it. I argued again with the party that they said that everything was to be done by random and that we needed to be consistent. So we rolled...and I won. The necro suddenly wanted to make a trade. I calmly informed him that the item he insisted that he could roll on was a No Drop and he was stuck with it, and that I was sure I could sell the spell for a few plat. He said he would buy it off of me. I told him that the spell would cost him 50K platinum. He ragequit the party after that, shouting out to the zone that melee characters should never be allowed to roll on spells. :rolleyes:

A couple of days later I gave the spell to a guildmate necro who needed it.:D

Torqumada

Icaro
02-11-2011, 08:26 PM
I remember years ago on live that I was playing in a PUG in Skyfire ad we hashed out the rules. I prefer NBG, because that is just my nature, but was outvoted by the group that we would random everything. The first item to drop was the monk epic quest item, the book of Immortals. and I was playing my monk. The entire party basically said "Sorry, but we're going to random this." I didn't win the roll, the necromancer did. Basically he spent the next hour waving the fact that he had won the item and how much he was going to get for selling it. (I guess he didn't notice the No Drop part of the item description) This was right up to the moment the 56th level Necromancer Pet dropped. Then he was all for NBG and implored the party to allow him to loot it. I argued again with the party that they said that everything was to be done by random and that we needed to be consistent. So we rolled...and I won. The necro suddenly wanted to make a trade. I calmly informed him that the item he insisted that he could roll on was a No Drop and he was stuck with it, and that I was sure I could sell the spell for a few plat. He said he would buy it off of me. I told him that the spell would cost him 50K platinum. He ragequit the party after that, shouting out to the zone that melee characters should never be allowed to roll on spells. :rolleyes:

Torqumada

Great story!

Apparently, there is a relation between being selfish and the class you choose.

NB4G FTW!

Messianic
02-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Great story!

NB4G FTW!

Everyone in this game is selfish. No one plays this game strictly for other people.

Non-selfish people are probably doing something other than EQ.

soup
02-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Calling it "need before greed" is sort of ironic. Expecting to just be able to take something you want without anyone else getting a shot at it despite putting in the same effort you did sounds like greed to me.

h0tr0d (shaere)
02-11-2011, 09:32 PM

This. Mainly the bullshit factor. MY first experience with NBG here was a group in Highpass. Some DE warrior? won a shralok pack, citing his heavy armor as need. Myself, as a young monk wanted to, protest, but eh, he had a point. A few hours later he was selling it in EC. What was that name.. Chtulu?

Trackflare
02-11-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm all for NBG, if it is a legitimate upgrade for your toon that is currently in the party, then by all means, take it

If you could use it on an alt, then we can discuss in the group at the time on a case by case scenario

Other than that. If noone else is needing it, then random away

Pyrocat
02-11-2011, 11:34 PM
NBG unless the item is worth over 3k

Droxx
02-11-2011, 11:42 PM
I prefer NBG. If someone in group needs it and we greed roll it, I somehow always end up winning and giving it to whoever needs it in the group anyway!

Badmartigan
02-11-2011, 11:44 PM

It really depends.. If I'm i'n a grip for fungi and everyone is forcing the greed roll and my pal karsten needs the tunic I'll suggest the we give it to him.. And if they force the greed roll I would roll and if I won over karsten I would give it to my pal karsten because I know he needs it and will use it and not just sell it..

Fungi is an intense camp that requires solid raid level skill of the ench and cleric.. Coupled with solid dps... I understand the greed roll i'n a pickup grp...

purist
02-12-2011, 12:14 AM
Helping gear up the folks that you are grouped with is great so far as i am concerned, but "need before greed" was never even a concept back on Veeshan.

False

Vubbers
02-12-2011, 12:41 AM
No on NBG, not in pugs... if i'm with friends then sure, hell if i'm in a pug and an item my friend wants drops i'll roll on it with the intention of giving them it.

this.

maegi
02-12-2011, 02:32 AM
I agree with NBG only with friends and or guildies, people I don't know from adam can roll on any relevant loot, UNLESS it's no drop and that class is in the group. No one else can benefit or sell it, so it only makes sense that the class that could use the item would get it.

Icaro
02-12-2011, 04:52 AM
This. Mainly the bullshit factor. MY first experience with NBG here was a group in Highpass. Some DE warrior? won a shralok pack, citing his heavy armor as need. Myself, as a young monk wanted to, protest, but eh, he had a point. A few hours later he was selling it in EC. What was that name.. Chtulu?

That's not NBG... That's just lame.

soup
02-12-2011, 05:16 AM
That's not NBG... That's just lame.

Don't forget that for every time you catch the person claiming need and selling the item in EC later there are like 10 other people who claim need and sell it without ever getting noticed.

Bubbles
02-12-2011, 06:58 AM
Need before greed is so relative in a lot of spots.

For example: in lower guk dead side, there isn't a single item a druid would 'need'.

In Solb, discounting fire giants and efreeti, there simply isn't a lot of need in most of the drops.

But yeah, in general, i've always gone with need before greed. It's 10x more rewarding to watch someone put on a new piece of gear and continue on fighting than watching someone score something and go 'oh that'll rule for my 3rd alt!"

Pick up groups are generally something i normally just avoid, though.. I imagine a lot of those are straight /random 100s for whatever drops just because there's no other simply way to gauge need among 6 strangers and keep everyone happy (not everyone is so socialist and myopian about clapping for others getting loot).

As for 'Greed' in lower guk.. well.. considering 3/4s of anything killed in lower guk is killed solo by dang plat farmers, the greed component killed the mere concept of "grouping" entirely heh.

Atennu
02-12-2011, 07:09 AM
When I was a player here and leveling up, the groups I joined were almost always NBG.

Then again, I leveled up when 500 max population was a huge thing and the Andain stories entertained us for hours and hours.

The Good Ol' Days is what I like to call them

And you love it

Icaro
02-12-2011, 07:27 AM
Don't forget that for every time you catch the person claiming need and selling the item in EC later there are like 10 other people who claim need and sell it without ever getting noticed.

Well, I don't see a point in a warrior claiming as "need" for a wt reduction bag tbh.

soup
02-12-2011, 08:01 AM
Well, I don't see a point in a warrior claiming as "need" for a wt reduction bag tbh.

Then the group shouldn't have bought his claim, lol

Lagaidh
02-13-2011, 02:06 PM
I think the best and simplest loot system is as follows: don't be a dick.

Ta-da!

Seriously, we all know when we, or someone else, is being a dick. Just don't do that. Simple.

Dantes
02-13-2011, 03:21 PM
If you want NBG on high value item camps, you really need a group of guildmates and friends. People who actually give a shit about helping you get equipped. It's hard to convince a bunch of strangers in a pickup group that you "need" an item, for all they know you have 10 other level 50 accounts and 300k plat in your bank.

Badmartigan
02-13-2011, 05:49 PM
for all they know you have 10 other level 50 accounts and 300k plat in your bank.

QFT!!!

mimixownzall
02-13-2011, 06:17 PM
What about BnB when GCB drops... WRU ESTU???? <3

I had the same problem with Ridez. I rolled a 98, he rolled a 71, he said he was just keeping it because it should be a NBG group. He then leaves the zone and then /laughs at me. There was also a necro in the group with poor gear; Rides never asked the necro if he wanted to roll against him for the bracer. I talked to an officer from VD and apparently their creed on their website means jack and shit; nothing was done.

In essence: don't group with Ridez if you want an item that he can wear.

mimixownzall
02-13-2011, 06:19 PM

WRONG. They made more items no drop in EQ PRIOR to WoW.

Mindementia
02-13-2011, 06:19 PM
depends on what drops.

should talk about that before hand

Mcbard
02-13-2011, 07:06 PM
I think the best and simplest loot system is as follows: don't be a dick.

Ta-da!

Seriously, we all know when we, or someone else, is being a dick. Just don't do that. Simple.

Preach it brother.

Harrison
02-13-2011, 07:16 PM
All of my groups in Kunark will be NBG unless it's a shitty place that is difficult to lure people to go grind experience in.

If you don't like it, tough shit and have fun soloing.

nalkin
02-13-2011, 07:56 PM
All of my groups in Kunark will be NBG unless it's a shitty place that is difficult to lure people to go grind experience in.

If you don't like it, tough shit and have fun soloing.

Luckily I don't think there is a large line of people dying to group with you so there should be plenty of other groups available.

DetroitVelvetSmooth
02-13-2011, 08:04 PM
Can't believe how long this thread has gone on. Anything over 1k in value should be rolled on. The great xp spots do not drop valuable things for every class, and everyone in group should have an equal shot at getting a tangible upgrade.

Savok
02-13-2011, 09:03 PM
If I'm in a group and an item drops for a class who can use it then I'll nbg. After 12 years on Live I'm here to play for fun. If I need something specific I can call on my guildmates and they on me.

Nocte
02-13-2011, 09:14 PM
If I'm in a group and an item drops for a class who can use it then I'll nbg. After 12 years on Live I'm here to play for fun. If I need something specific I can call on my guildmates and they on me.

This.

Pico
02-14-2011, 02:31 AM

Torqumada

Great story!

NB4G FTW!

I love it because anyone with half a brain that thinks about this story for more than two seconds will realize it only strengthens the argument for "greed" rolling.

Here's a hint: that necro will play NBG on items he can use, and greed roll for items he can't. There are a shitton of jackasses on this server who will game the system like that any chance they get.

And I quote greed because it's not greedy. Getting 1/6th of the loot (in the long run) is the exact definition of your fair share.

Neno
02-14-2011, 07:52 AM
If something drops that I need and no one else needs it I just take it.

Volsic
02-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Never understood why someone would be dickish enough to take an item from someone who would use it as a legitimate upgrade.

I will always NBG. If my group insists on greed rolling when someone needs an item, I'll roll, and if I win I'll give it to the person who needs it. Savok and I would get along well.

Bruno
02-14-2011, 11:45 PM
Round up all of the people with classes who don't generally or can't use a fungi tunic, but are willing to sit at the camp. I'll brt.

Lazortag
02-15-2011, 12:31 AM
Out of pity, I tend to let rangers and warriors exclusively roll on valuable items. My class can make money by farming seafuries; the aforementioned classes don't have that option.

xshayla701
02-15-2011, 12:40 AM
Out of pity, I tend to let rangers and warriors exclusively roll on valuable items. My class can make money by farming seafuries; the aforementioned classes don't have that option.

what do you know giegue

DOPE
02-15-2011, 12:55 AM
Luckily I don't think there is a large line of people dying to group with you so there should be plenty of other groups available.

Haha, I was thinking the exact same thing.