PDA

View Full Version : Multiple sources reporting FoH departing server

Litigator
05-07-2017, 11:18 AM
Greetings Citizens!

Reports are coming in that FoH has officially decided to leave the server. This rumor has been out there for a while now but it looks like its official. Many going to Agnar, with some staying on p99 and a few retiring.

Although no paid obituary has been provided lets have a moment of silence for Fires of Heaven and all the dead fear golems they left in their wake.

If any p99 citizen will PM Venerate's status to the <Law Offices of Norrath> we will make sure you remain anonymous.

Xxar
05-07-2017, 12:41 PM
Not trying to throw salt , but I think the real FOH is going to Agnarr according to there webpage... so what are these guys going to be called ?

Nitsude
05-07-2017, 01:13 PM
This news is so old they're getting nostalgic and making a private server for it.

Phenyo
05-07-2017, 01:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Cy2ZGHt.jpg

A little bird sent me this, seems like FoH are melting down due to being an A/A feeder guild

Zekayy
05-07-2017, 01:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Cy2ZGHt.jpg

A little bird sent me this, seems like FoH are melting down due to being an A/A feeder guild

Lol maybe they shouldnt be a fake foH and that wouldnt happen

Thurgrim
05-07-2017, 01:34 PM
we were thinking of Awakened or Aftermath on Agnarr, what does the "community" think...? we should poll this.

Cecily
05-07-2017, 02:19 PM
Good riddance to FoH. I will miss Venerate "coming hardcore," though. Best running joke we ever had in Rustle.

William_Munny15
05-07-2017, 02:42 PM
=( whole guilds leaving is never great for the server. Even if some do stay, it's less people to play with in the long run.

Tupakk
05-07-2017, 03:08 PM
I will say when Qani first started he was a happy go lucky person and was a great guy. P99 fucked with him and now he's turned into a pissy ass thinking everyone is a spy.

I hope when he leave he it helps him realize everyone isn't all out to steal his pixels.

loramin
05-07-2017, 03:09 PM
=( whole guilds leaving is never great for the server. Even if some do stay, it's less people to play with in the long run.

I don't think "less people to play with" is a particularly high concern in the raid scene (or anywhere else for that matter). This server is at a historic high population-wise, and even the Agnarr exodus won't have much impact on it. Plus this "exodus" will become an "insodus" (influx) in a few months once everyone discovers what live is actually like anyway.

William_Munny15
05-07-2017, 03:16 PM
Everything doesn't have to be about raiding. Just in general, always saw FoH doing exp groups all over and helping people get their epics when they could. Just because they raided doesn't mean everyone else raiding hates or hated them. So yes less people to play with, raiding isn't the only thing going on in norrath =)

Hasbinbad
05-07-2017, 03:27 PM
Good riddance to FoH. I will miss Venerate "coming hardcore," though. Best running joke we ever had in Rustle.
pls ehsplain one more time for those of us who were mia!

Cecily
05-07-2017, 04:26 PM
We were doing CT with AM, good on numbers, and Venerate's leader Kixx or something jumps on our comms and tells us his guild is otw. We try to gently, repeatedly tell him they aren't needed and, still not getting it, he's all like,"I've got 30 Venerate coming hardcore sitting at fear portal waiting for me to tell them to zone in." And we all cracked up laughing. So ever since, Venerate has been coming hardcore on everything they do.

Hasbinbad
05-07-2017, 05:00 PM
Venerate has been coming hardcore on everything they do.
jfc that is gold

rndclown
05-07-2017, 08:32 PM
I will say when Qani first started he was a happy go lucky person and was a great guy. P99 fucked with him and now he's turned into a pissy ass thinking everyone is a spy.

I hope when he leave he it helps him realize everyone isn't all out to steal his pixels.

Maybe I never saw the early days, but from day one a year ago (as a guild member) any interaction I had with him was a chore at best. I'll leave out the many choice words I would have to describe it all, but suffice to say I won't miss him one bit but I will miss others in he guild.

Lots of great guys in the guild, hope some of them stay.

Nuggie
05-07-2017, 09:28 PM
Enjoy agnarr friends, I hope you find it enjoyable.

Tupakk
05-07-2017, 09:50 PM
Maybe I never saw the early days, but from day one a year ago (as a guild member) any interaction I had with him was a chore at best. I'll leave out the many choice words I would have to describe it all, but suffice to say I won't miss him one bit but I will miss others in he guild.

Lots of great guys in the guild, hope some of them stay.

It was a fun time. They were fresh and energetic not caring about much. I enjoyed the year one they did on p99. Most of the core group stayed around and I still talk to some. They were great friends and we had a blast. But something switched a while back and everything went to shit.

I feel like p99 raiding and DKP made them mad.

Swish
05-08-2017, 02:23 AM
My first memory of FoH was in their early days when they had some real <Clue> type players. Ragefire had popped in solB and there's 30-35 FoH all running around lost trying to get there, starting trains and dying a lot.

They came a long way from there, to their credit.

Just facts
05-08-2017, 06:10 AM
FoH has always been the server rejects, funny to see that they confirm the relationship with Braknar.

kotton05
05-08-2017, 06:52 AM
Pre velious they wouldn't have lasted this long.

Lhancelot
05-08-2017, 10:02 AM

I miss the old Cecily, the one that was full of positivity and exuberance to help other elfs with a pool of infinite knowledge of the rogue class and many other facets of the game!

What happened to the old Cecily, and why does this new one spew such anger and animosity at their fellow elfs on the forums? Where art though, Cecily, where art thou? :(

maskedmelonpai
05-08-2017, 10:27 AM
so if foh had bunch of a/a alts in it, that mean a/a actually helped foh get epics, gear up and advance? why they mad that they guild benefitted where others like omni, europa and that one our Mayor lead, didn't? it don't sound very grateful tbh... :c

Rang
05-08-2017, 10:31 AM
Man, a lot of grizzled Everquest pros in this thread. I'm not gonna lie I'm a little intimidated.

Tupakk
05-08-2017, 10:41 AM
I miss the old Cecily, the one that was full of positivity and exuberance to help other elfs with a pool of infinite knowledge of the rogue class and many other facets of the game!

What happened to the old Cecily, and why does this new one spew such anger and animosity at their fellow elfs on the forums? Where art though, Cecily, where art thou? :(

She's still around just not in RNF. 😜

Lhancelot
05-08-2017, 11:29 AM
She's still around just not in RNF. 😜

Thanks for the insider info! That makes sense now.

Dman2701
05-08-2017, 11:59 AM
Good luck on Agnarr - FOH and Venerate, Anonymous and F/V had some good times we will miss you guys on the server and we wish you the best of luck on Agnarr. Feel free to always drop us a line and let us know your new guild tag so we can pass it on to our members who play Agnarr.

Jaxon
05-08-2017, 12:14 PM
Qani has some serious tinfoil hattery going on. A/A alts already get geared up and epiced extremely quickly from TOV and VP drops. There's literally no reason for an A/A member to have an alt in his guild.

teija
05-08-2017, 12:38 PM
Qani has some serious tinfoil hattery going on. A/A alts already get geared up and epiced extremely quickly from TOV and VP drops. There's literally no reason for an A/A member to have an alt in his guild.

This right here, Why would I put my alt in fucking FoH when I can get epic/tov rots in my own guild much faster. /boggle :confused:

Erati
05-08-2017, 12:38 PM
we were thinking of Awakened or Aftermath on Agnarr, what does the "community" think...? we should poll this.

anyone else confused by this ? Are you saying which guild will leave next or what will the name of your guild on Agnarr be?

Pokesan
05-08-2017, 12:43 PM
anyone else confused by this ? Are you saying which guild will leave next or what will the name of your guild on Agnarr be?

he(foh member) is having a giggle at the very serious matter of guild name theft. i think.

Cecily
05-08-2017, 12:45 PM
This right here, Why would I put my alt in fucking FoH when I can get epic/tov rots in my own guild much faster. /boggle :confused:

Might have to do with your control freak loot distribution, but I haven't observed in about a year so I'm sure that awful system where the officers tell you each time which of your characters can bid is completely different now right?

In TMO we used to put alts in Taken so it didn't effect loot consideration on our mains. In your guild, you'd do it for the same reason, saving dkp. Not that that should be a problem with all that AFK tracking inflation.

teija
05-08-2017, 12:48 PM
green scales off hosh this morning. /cheer

Erati
05-08-2017, 12:48 PM
In TMO we used to put alts in Taken so it didn't effect loot consideration on our mains. In your guild, you'd do it for the same reason, saving dkp. Not that that should be a problem with all that AFK tracking inflation.

TMO alts in Taken were some of the best raiders that wore the tag

I always said anyone was welcome as long as they followed the rules, secret 'second elf-lives' included.

username17
05-08-2017, 12:49 PM
Best of luck to them. I hope it works out.

skarlorn
05-08-2017, 12:52 PM
Qani sounds like chest levels of delusion. It will be good when they get off p99. just look at how much the health of the box improved once bda left.

Jaxon
05-08-2017, 01:09 PM
Might have to do with your control freak loot distribution, but I haven't observed in about a year so I'm sure that awful system where the officers tell you each time which of your characters can bid is completely different now right?

You do have a few people who are waiting on that last Vulak drop to finish their main, but in the meantime they can still pick up stuff for their alts for relatively cheap without really hurting their standing.

Baler
05-08-2017, 01:19 PM
Can I have a fungi before you go? And I don't mean to be rude but Fires of Heaven (that's FoH right?) wasn't super large on p99. This won't hurt the population.

To be honest I thought they were some newer guild when velious launched. LOL

Funny thread from 2012...
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77903

mattydef
05-08-2017, 02:48 PM
It was pretty funny hearing Qani call his members retards whenever they did something he didn't like. Or how FOH members would address their supreme leader as "sir" whenever they were given an order. This guy runs his guild like a branch of the military, when realistically it's closer to a circus. Best of luck to you guys on Agnarr, hopefully you find a guild kind enough to hold your hand through the content.

bigT88
05-08-2017, 03:06 PM
It was pretty funny hearing Qani call his members retards whenever they did something he didn't like. Or how FOH members would address their supreme leader as "sir" whenever they were given an order. This guy runs his guild like a branch of the military, when realistically it's closer to a circus. Best of luck to you guys on Agnarr, hopefully you find a guild kind enough to hold your hand through the content.

That train though

Sadre Spinegnawer
05-08-2017, 06:36 PM
Not trying to throw salt , but I think the real FOH is going to Agnarr according to there webpage... so what are these guys going to be called ?

Real FoH simply no longer exists. The webpage you refer to are some old eq and FoH veterans and friends, but they won't be "reviving" the FoH name. Pretty sure Zaide is getting his usual thing together from that message board, but that's not FoH.

Being in real FoH was like catching syphillis. It's something you really only need to do once and then you have learned your lesson.

Sancta
05-08-2017, 06:41 PM

Someone must have spun an extremely elaborate story about A/A alts in other guilds (for the purpose of gearing) and then proceeded to tell themselves that story every morning until they start to believe it? Only explanation I could think of

Sadre Spinegnawer
05-08-2017, 09:09 PM
This is what happens when the BDA loot conveyor belt leaves the server for greener pastures. Gearing alts becomes trivial. And with no artificial tier system, any fool can get geared as long as they got a few months of unemployment and weed to burn doing the current route.

People should have listened to Chest.
http://i.imgur.com/5Nj7gXv.gif

nyclin
05-08-2017, 11:21 PM
BDA getting shit on for the first 9 months of Velious before running off is not much of a loot conveyor belt. Couldn't kill anything in Velious. Got nothing in VP until Taken decided to rotate with them.

as someone who was present for their historic server first wuoshi, dain, and vindi kills.. how dare you

skarlorn
05-08-2017, 11:35 PM
BDA getting shit on for the first 9 months of Velious before running off is not much of a loot conveyor belt. Couldn't kill anything in Velious. Got nothing in VP until Taken decided to rotate with them.

Definitely bullshit.

I was present at BDA's triumphant attack on VP shortly after velious release. We killed nexona.

Tupakk
05-09-2017, 01:17 PM
Grats Chest/Chest Alts/Chest Bank on Tanglewood Shield, CBOL, Ring of Winter, and Dain Cloak? Did he get a bo staff, or did someone else have to take some loot?

Don't hate on Chest. He's awesome. Prolly the best guild leader besides Marhault that I've had the pleasure of playing with.

TimTheToolmanTaylor
05-09-2017, 02:21 PM
they're going to be in for a real fucking surprise on agnarr since SKs will insta death touch as soon as it spawns. oh wait everything can be instanced now? nvm have fun in your singlequest game.

Erati
05-09-2017, 02:27 PM
I understand wanting to get established early but it is a mistake for a Velious capable guild to think moving back to Classic EQ ( Naggy,Vox, Inny, CT (both 2.0 versions lol)) will not be a huge let down in terms of aspirational goals

its going to be nearly a half a calendar year before content is released in line with P99's timeline and I understand that FoH/V dont see a lot of raid content currently but I also dont think they understand how unfun killing instanced Lord Nagafen every week will be. When BDA jumped ship, Phinny was 1 month into Velious and Luclin was approaching. BDA simply crawled up through Kunark and did the entire progression leading up to the Luclin launch so they were ready. Hopefully your leaders understand this and have some creative plans for raiding to keep things fresh, though the revamped Hate/Fearplane should keep things challenging as it will be very difficult to clear it all at lvl cap 50.

Oh well, to each their own...honestly the smart thing to do is have a guild establishing themselves on the side on Agnarr now, building some KR/guildbank and casual group of characters but actually campaign to raid and recruit when Velious launches to prepare for the exciting journey of Luclin>PoP>LDON

Your guild will be burnt out due to boredom of instances if you guys go too hard before the good stuff comes out, so try to think big picture and GL !

Kich867
05-09-2017, 02:56 PM
I understand wanting to get established early but it is a mistake for a Velious capable guild to think moving back to Classic EQ ( Naggy,Vox, Inny, CT (both 2.0 versions lol)) will not be a huge let down in terms of aspirational goals

its going to be nearly a half a calendar year before content is released in line with P99's timeline and I understand that FoH/V dont see a lot of raid content currently but I also dont think they understand how unfun killing instanced Lord Nagafen every week will be. When BDA jumped ship, Phinny was 1 month into Velious and Luclin was approaching. BDA simply crawled up through Kunark and did the entire progression leading up to the Luclin launch so they were ready. Hopefully your leaders understand this and have some creative plans for raiding to keep things fresh, though the revamped Hate/Fearplane should keep things challenging as it will be very difficult to clear it all at lvl cap 50.

Oh well, to each their own...honestly the smart thing to do is have a guild establishing themselves on the side on Agnarr now, building some KR/guildbank and casual group of characters but actually campaign to raid and recruit when Velious launches to prepare for the exciting journey of Luclin>PoP>LDON

Your guild will be burnt out due to boredom of instances if you guys go too hard before the good stuff comes out, so try to think big picture and GL !

I haven't been following the agnarr stuff too closely--what do you mean though that people will get burnt out due to how unfun instances are? What is the unfun aspect of it, not having to race another guild to fight the boss?

My understanding of it is that whoever engages the boss first takes it, that excitement would last for a few seconds, and if you didn't engage it, aren't you just not doing content and wasting everyone's time?

Is the entire dungeon instanced, or just that one engagement?

Gimp
05-09-2017, 03:01 PM
So you think a group of people that kills next to nothing here will burn out when they get to kill dragons every week on Agnarr? Yeah, it's repetitive, but I'm sure it beats killing nothing here while simultaneously dealing with the man-babies of p99 raiding.

Erati
05-09-2017, 03:02 PM
I haven't been following the agnarr stuff too closely--what do you mean though that people will get burnt out due to how unfun instances are? What is the unfun aspect of it, not having to race another guild to fight the boss?

My understanding of it is that whoever engages the boss first takes it, that excitement would last for a few seconds, and if you didn't engage it, aren't you just not doing content and wasting everyone's time?

Is the entire dungeon instanced, or just that one engagement?

Yes, when you 'raid Lord Nagafen' you get an entire Sol B instance to yourselves to which I agree can be a breath of fresh air when you are used to raid mobs not living for more than 10 min here on 99 however...

that same Lord Nagafen hits for over 500+ and can be killed with any lvl characters. Only the open world Lord Nagafen follows the 'lvl 52' max limit ( tho this wont be an issue in classic but he will be hitting for unclassic 500+ melee )

Im simply saying that classic raiding, especially when instanced, will get very boring bc you can only progress so far looting the occasional Cloaks of Flames and there are 0 epic quests. Classic is pretty boring for a raid guild which was my premise, its a mistake to move a RAID guild to Agnarr with the intent to raid on release.

@Gimp I am not speaking to just the repetition of instances ( thats obvious ), I am more so speaking about entertaining a raiding guild with very limited raids in classic and the ones that are there are very much not tuned for lvl 50 characters. I dont forsee any burnout unless they plan on raiding 3-4 nights a week for some reason, the real goal should just be to establish and farm as you wait for Velious/Luclin/PoP. Kunark is only used for epic quests as all that gear will be near worthless with instances since its all tradable outside of VP which has had many of its clickies nerfed already. Any guild moving over with the intent to raid classic hardcore is retarded and needs to examine their long term goals unless Server Firsts is one of them, then I will step aside and watch the race.

Daldaen
05-09-2017, 03:35 PM
The mighty buff actually does make those raids take some level of effort though, which is a nice change.

But yea... you can't fill out a regular raid schedule with just classic Nagafen/Vox/Phinigel/Fear/Hate raids.

Come Kunark though it should get a lot better, even better in real expansions like Luclin/PoP.

I am looking forward to GoD on Phinigel though. Should be some good fun.

Tupakk
05-09-2017, 03:44 PM
The real question is how will people get around ��

Erati
05-09-2017, 04:07 PM
The real question is how will people get around ��

porters gonna make bank - Dial a Port should get established

Tupakk
05-09-2017, 04:10 PM
Problem is it's hard to justify paying a sub for community work. I've thought about it though.

Zekayy
05-09-2017, 06:18 PM
i think it was fires of heaven that has that enchanter that would dispell everyones mobs in pom everyday and he was an officer of that guild for months people complained and yet nothing happend but him gettin suspended? lol thats not someone you should support you should leave that guild right away or Qani should have removed him as soon as he heard about it not keep him as an officer and then have him back in PoM days later doing the same shit.

Gimp
05-09-2017, 06:29 PM
Yes, when you 'raid Lord Nagafen' you get an entire Sol B instance to yourselves to which I agree can be a breath of fresh air when you are used to raid mobs not living for more than 10 min here on 99 however...

that same Lord Nagafen hits for over 500+ and can be killed with any lvl characters. Only the open world Lord Nagafen follows the 'lvl 52' max limit ( tho this wont be an issue in classic but he will be hitting for unclassic 500+ melee )

Im simply saying that classic raiding, especially when instanced, will get very boring bc you can only progress so far looting the occasional Cloaks of Flames and there are 0 epic quests. Classic is pretty boring for a raid guild which was my premise, its a mistake to move a RAID guild to Agnarr with the intent to raid on release.

@Gimp I am not speaking to just the repetition of instances ( thats obvious ), I am more so speaking about entertaining a raiding guild with very limited raids in classic and the ones that are there are very much not tuned for lvl 50 characters. I dont forsee any burnout unless they plan on raiding 3-4 nights a week for some reason, the real goal should just be to establish and farm as you wait for Velious/Luclin/PoP. Kunark is only used for epic quests as all that gear will be near worthless with instances since its all tradable outside of VP which has had many of its clickies nerfed already. Any guild moving over with the intent to raid classic hardcore is retarded and needs to examine their long term goals unless Server Firsts is one of them, then I will step aside and watch the race.

Don't think I've seen anyone from FoH claim they're going to go hardcore in classic. It's kinda impossible to, considering there's only so much content. They have to herpderp around for however long until Kunark/Velious and then they'll have access to all the content they wanted to see here. I'm not sure what you're so adamant about..they're not killing shit here, they'll get to kill everything on Agnarr. It's not like y'all are losing any of that precious "competition" y'all always talk about. You and Aftermath will still have your ToV/Tunare/AoW circlejerks to occupy your time. FoH is choosing to occupy theirs in a much healthier manner.

Good for them on making the move.

Kaedain
05-09-2017, 09:59 PM
losing people to dangle the carrot in front of though, the real classic experience

arsenalpow
05-10-2017, 12:09 AM
Smart move. P99 raid scene is a cesspool because the staff likes it that way. Phinny has been great fun and I'm betting agnarr will be fun too. Enjoy the good times and leave the p99 subterfuge mindset at the door, it only gets better.

Nuggie
05-10-2017, 02:04 AM
Don't hate on Chest. He's awesome. Prolly the best guild leader besides Marhault that I've had the pleasure of playing with.

What guild does Marhault lead?

Swish
05-10-2017, 07:04 AM
Smart move. P99 raid scene is a cesspool because the staff likes it that way.

So negative :rolleyes:

maskedmelonpai
05-10-2017, 08:36 AM
everyone going to Angarr is jus going there cause they angry that they not on top. lotta people doing well on p99, lotta people happy on bottom and lotta people not care and just wanna have fun. hope all the mads finally able to find they fun (and maybe some peace) on Angarr.

welly321
05-10-2017, 08:36 AM
whens this thread moving to RnF? Chest posted in it, I think thats the cue...

Expediency
05-10-2017, 09:53 AM
i think it was fires of heaven that has that enchanter that would dispell everyones mobs in pom everyday and he was an officer of that guild for months people complained and yet nothing happend but him gettin suspended? lol thats not someone you should support you should leave that guild right away or Qani should have removed him as soon as he heard about it not keep him as an officer and then have him back in PoM days later doing the same shit.

I believe that necro officer in PoM was the #1 cause of FoH hatred. Never met him but I heard numerous people complain about him and some would not sell him services. Several p99 threads about it with evidence and FoH refused to do anything.

Tupakk
05-10-2017, 10:45 AM
What guild does Marhault lead?

Did. Started with Indignation > Super Friends > Radiant > now its back to Indig.

I'm not sure if he lead all of them but it was his core group that kept it going.

Nuggie
05-10-2017, 11:22 PM
Ahh, I see.

I liked him in VexDom when we were guilded together while I was leveling my cleric. Didn't care for the monk that first lead Indig.

Good luck Mar.

Zekayy
05-11-2017, 10:57 PM
I believe that necro officer in PoM was the #1 cause of FoH hatred. Never met him but I heard numerous people complain about him and some would not sell him services. Several p99 threads about it with evidence and FoH refused to do anything.

Yeah it was stupid.