PDA

View Full Version : What's with all the clerics?

rapalabrowns
05-06-2017, 02:29 PM
I roll a cleric because I'm told they're sparse and in need. 30 levels later every single group I'm in has multiple clerics in it, and often I can't get in a group because they have 4 healers and no dps.

Is this a trend? Does it thin out at higher levels? If not I'm just going to reroll monk or rogue as soon as I can afford a fungi tunic.

Nephlite
05-06-2017, 03:14 PM
its good to have different toons available to you, some days i find a boat load of rogues all LFG in seb with no clerics, other times i see a boat load of clerics LFG. depends on the time and day

shuklak
05-06-2017, 03:24 PM
Gotta be that new car effect... you drive it now it's everywhere.

Last 3 times i died i couldn't find a rez even 0 xp rez for travel.

If you don't enjoy a cleric though just play something else because i imagine raid guilds have alt armies of clerics.

Tupakk
05-06-2017, 03:41 PM
Yes clerics are always in need when you need them. So most people start a cleric as a side project and play it as such.

Don't be an alt whore though stick with it to atleast 54 and epic. Then start your new rouge or monk.

You won't be doing urself any favors running a cleric rouge monk alt train with no plat backing you. You will be poor and destitute and most likely not have fun. Or maybe that's what you want lol.

Be safe.

Kytross
05-06-2017, 07:09 PM
Heh. My buddy and I were considering starting a guild called Dial-a-rez

Tupakk
05-06-2017, 07:16 PM
Someone already took it. My advice would to be more creative.

Rustled Corpses

Awaken the Dead

After Life

Fire Life

Second Rebirth

Crafted Life

Euro Y'all

Dawn of Life

Guard the Dead

rapalabrowns
05-06-2017, 09:10 PM
It's pretty incredible how many clerics there actually are, its definitely not new car smell as you describe it. Time to reroll.

Darkatar
05-07-2017, 06:21 AM
It's pretty incredible how many clerics there actually are, its definitely not new car smell as you describe it. Time to reroll.

The thing is lots of those clerics you see in the 20s-40s burn out by the time they hit 50+ and are sick of being dependent on finding competent people to XP with and/or don't want to grind the plat to buy an epic/velious armor.

Jimjam
05-07-2017, 06:50 AM
My groups cleric gave up on actively chasing xp at 50. He has cheal and 90% rez, apparently that is enough for us to get by.

Swish
05-07-2017, 07:40 AM
It tends to come in waves. I bet a couple of months ago there was a cleric shortage so everyone in the same old grouping zones had the same bright ideas.

It's great to have alts about 8-10 levels apart, so if your cleric can't get a group maybe you can try one that's further behind.... (or make a necro) :p

Kesselring
05-07-2017, 09:15 AM
I roll a cleric because I'm told they're sparse and in need. 30 levels later every single group I'm in has multiple clerics in it, and often I can't get in a group because they have 4 healers and no dps.

Is this a trend? Does it thin out at higher levels? If not I'm just going to reroll monk or rogue as soon as I can afford a fungi tunic.

You dont need to have a fungi fyi. Yes it does make 1-20 faster and 20-40 slightly faster but the difference would probably be non-fungi getting 60 in 3 months and fungi char getting 60 in 2 and a half months, maybe 2 months 3 weeks even. That's if they both leveled the same amount of time a day.

rapalabrowns
05-07-2017, 03:52 PM
It's great to have alts about 8-10 levels apart, so if your cleric can't get a group maybe you can try one that's further behind.... (or make a necro) :p

I did exactly this yesterday, have a necro and a druid now. I WILL solo things to death :eek: