PDA

View Full Version : Ghoulbane quest - Ghoul's Heart (unrest)

rapalabrowns
05-05-2017, 07:51 PM
Just curious, does anyone know for certain whether or not the ghoul's heart can drop off regular "a ghoul" in unrest on p99? Allakhazam says it can, but the wiki says only crazed ghoul? I've read from posts back in 2002 that people had looted them off regular ghouls.

I'm asking because I'm able to solo the regular ones, but not the crazed ghouls. Just trying to figure out if I'm wasting my time soloing the regular ones or not.

Thanks!

rapalabrowns
05-05-2017, 08:18 PM
I have 2 of the 4 items needed, and have already gone through all the quest dialogue and received the notes that go along with the quest dialogue. I think that means it's in the game, unless all that can be in the game without actually being able to turn the 4 items in? Guess I won't know that for certain until I find all 4.

coldslaw
05-05-2017, 08:22 PM
I have 2 of the 4 items needed, and have already gone through all the quest dialogue and received the notes that go along with the quest dialogue. I think that means it's in the game, unless all that can be in the game without actually being able to turn the 4 items in? Guess I won't know that for certain until I find all 4.

Yup, you're right. I had deleted my earlier post because I found it to be incorrect on further investigation. But you already replied so I'm following up here.

What I was looking at apparently was the "no-drop" flag being added later, which means that probably won't happen here. Sorry for the confusion

rapalabrowns
05-05-2017, 08:27 PM
Yup, you're right. I had deleted my earlier post because I found it to be incorrect on further investigation. But you already replied so I'm following up here.

What I was looking at apparently was the "no-drop" flag being added later, which means that probably won't happen here. Sorry for the confusion

Gotcha, what I'm wondering is if they maybe added the Ghoul Heart to the "a ghoul" loot table later on, and it originally was only on the "crazed ghoul" loot table. That would mean on p99 it's only lootable off "crazed ghoul". Hoping someone here has looted the heart off "a ghoul" on p99 and can inform me of such. Not holding my breath though :)