PDA

View Full Version : Treants. Worth the faction hit?

Cambiant
05-05-2017, 05:23 PM
I'm a 25 barbarian shaman who's very happily soloing the karanas. Treants keep running past me and I know the exp and $ is excellent from them. Am I okay at druid rings if I just kill a few? Can I camp them and regain the faction somehow? Opinions please.

loramin
05-05-2017, 05:30 PM
There's probably a way to fix it (there usually is in EQ), but it's probably a giant pain (because faction usually is in EQ). I wouldn't recommend it.

Not everyone will agree with this, but from about 25 to 40 I really don't think you need any more plat than you get from killing aviaks or centaurs or whatever. That should be enough to cover your spells, and when you get higher you'll be able to earn plat way faster killing hill giants (or, in a few levels after, Seafury Cyclops or various nameds that drop rare items). In between just wear whatever mobs drop because you're a shaman, and we're awesome and don't need special gear :)

TLDR: Either focus on leveling now and earn plat later when you can do so much faster, or kill treants now, get a bit more plat you don't need, and have to deal with attacks at druid rings or some painful faction work.

Cambiant
05-05-2017, 06:18 PM
Thanks, man. I was sad to see a RnF about you, but happy it resulted in the silver lining of your new avi.

loramin
05-05-2017, 06:22 PM
LOL thanks but don't worry about RnF, it's all in good fun :) Glad I could help though.

Lhancelot
05-05-2017, 06:30 PM
Thanks, man. I was sad to see a RnF about you, but happy it resulted in the silver lining of your new avi.

Sad? SAD???

Dude, he has finally made it!

When someone places your name in the halls of RnF, you have finally been accepted by the truest of the forumquesters!

It's not something to be sad about, it's something to be celebrated!

Grats Loramin, you finally have made it!

loramin
05-05-2017, 06:36 PM
Sad? SAD???

Dude, he has finally made it!

When someone places your name in the halls of RnF, you have finally been accepted by the truest of the forumquesters!

It's not something to be sad about, it's something to be celebrated!

Grats Loramin, you finally have made it!

Woot! I always thought the high points of my life would be graduating college and getting my book published, but now I've truly hit the pinnacle! ;)

Thanks Lhance.

articnv
05-06-2017, 03:24 AM
You can fix the faction by killing ukempt druids. Is the faction hit worth the cash imo yes. It just makes u cause to druids not the vendors at drudi rings. You just need to invis before gettign a port :)

gildor
05-09-2017, 09:49 AM
or once your 50+ don't worry about invising :) I never do on my monk lol