PDA

View Full Version : Ryzen Builds

BallzDeep
05-05-2017, 02:43 PM
Curious if anyone else has messed around with the new Ryzen processor's and their thoughts on them.

Picked up an 1800X. Speeds are great but.....memory compatibility and ASUS Crosshero VI Overclocking is a nightmare.

Wanted to see anyone else's build and their thoughts. Had 16GB of 3200 MHZ and it would not post. Messed around with SoC Voltage, Timings and no go.

Ryzen 1800X
Asus Crosshair Hero VI
MSI 1080Ti
Corsair 3000Mhz DDR4

chadtwoke
05-05-2017, 04:33 PM
Did you get the bios update? I thought I read about some memory related Ryzen bios update.

I'm eyeing the 1400 for a budget build. Would be the 1400, 8 gig ram, and my current vidya which is a 1050 Ti.

BallzDeep
05-05-2017, 04:41 PM
It depends on the clock speeds - I've gotten 2933 to run at 1.10 SoC Voltage and a little more open timings. The latest BIOS on their webpage is 1102, I've been using a beta version that people have claimed to have a lot more luck with - 1107. At first, it was extremely unstable at all different combinations of timings, SoC Voltage and DRAM Voltage. It was showing temperatures all over the place - I would up the clock speed of the ram and my CPU temperature would jump ( I assume it was possibly upping the voltage to the CPU). I finally set my SoC Voltage at 1.1, set my CPU Voltage to 1.4 and Dram to 1.4 and was able to get 2933 stable. It's just overall a pain in the ass to deal with if you have ram speeds higher than 2400 and not Samsung B dies. In the coming months, it will get better with new BIOS releases (ASUS has only released 2, last one on 3/29.) I've read a few articles of people being able to obtain 3200+ but wanted to see if anyone else has tinkered around with the Ryzen.

They are a great CPU overall, A+ for the money and speed.....now it's just the wait for compatibility. I think the problem stems from only being able to adjust 4 of the RAM timings versus Intel CPU's that allow you to adjust all timings.

BallzDeep
05-05-2017, 04:42 PM
Ah, just noticed they officially released 1107 as a BIOS update. Guess I have the current version.