PDA

View Full Version : Shaman info

Wulv
05-04-2017, 11:30 AM
If I roll a barbarian shaman, is it feasible/possible after a few levels to make my way to Kaladim and do the bone chips quest up to lvl 8/9?

Can't even remember if the travel is doable or not.

kjs86z
05-04-2017, 11:37 AM
Your first problem is rolling barb shaman.

Why?

Squabbles123
05-04-2017, 11:50 AM
If I roll a barbarian shaman, is it feasible/possible after a few levels to make my way to Kaladim and do the bone chips quest up to lvl 8/9?

Can't even remember if the travel is doable or not.

Screw bone chips! You have better options near Qeynos!

First: Quest: http://wiki.project1999.com/Moonstones

You get gnoll fangs from the gnolls around the area (and especially Blackburrow), turn them into http://wiki.project1999.com/Captain_Tillin and then turn the moonstones he gives you to http://wiki.project1999.com/McNeal_Jocub. This is two part quest that grant EXP twice! You can easily go from 10-15 very quickly.

After you hit 16 or so, head to West Karana and kill Bandits for this quest: http://wiki.project1999.com/Bandit_Sashes

This quest is also pretty easy and grants a TON of exp AND Platinum (from all the Bronze Weapons), the Bandits themselves also drop Bronze, so you'll be rolling in cash by 20.

I prefer Qeynos starting area because of these two quests, you can get from 10-20 very quickly.

To answer your actual question, it will be pretty hard to get from Everfrost to Kaladim without a port, its basically impossible for your Barb Shaman until you get Invisibility to do alone.

Cambiant
05-04-2017, 11:50 AM
Dude is asking about the first ten levels and you ask him why he would pick the race without an exp penalty and that isn't kos most places? A+ feedback.

I did gnoll fangs to 10, then ran to orcs in EC for belts. Can't attest if Kaladim quest is more time/$ efficient but it felt like it flew by and made enough cash for spells and most preplanar slots.

loramin
05-04-2017, 11:54 AM
Your first problem is rolling barb shaman.

Hush.

The important thing to understand about a Barbarian Shaman, or any other "less than the most power-gamey" race choice is that you can't change it later on. As a Barbarian you'll be able to use all the good cities, do all the good quests, and level much faster than any other Shaman, but when you get to 60 you won't have frontal stun immunity (Ogre) or regeneration (Troll/Iksar).

Neither of those are critical (regen in particular matters little once you get Torpor), but if you're looking to play this character for years and years then there's a chance you'll have "race remorse" at level 60. But for what it's worth, I don't.

As for answering your question, it's feasible, but unless you get lucky and meet a wizard who can translocate you (or a druid who's leaving the area and can port you) you'll need to head to a teleport circle. That will require either running through West/North Karana (a bit dicey at that level) or taking the boat to Erudin and then going to the Toxx Forest circle. Then you'll need to wait for a porter to pass through, or use /tell to beg someone in Dial a Port (porters are used to getting donations, but they might take pity on low levels and port them for free).

IMHO it's not worth it: if you took all the time you spend doing that and just spend it on leveling instead, you'll level faster. Plus Barbarians are in the Qeynos area, with gnoll fang quests, the diseased bear/wolf pelt quests, the bear skins for Cindl quest, the bandit sash quest, etc. You don't need bone chips.

Aueamin
05-04-2017, 12:57 PM
Your best bet is to get to Qeynos and do the Rabid Wolf quest. There are 2 Rabid wolfs that spawn there. Killing them and looting the pelts will take you to LVL 13 very quickly and give you some good Plat.

Wulv
05-04-2017, 01:07 PM
Thanks to all of you for the solid info.

As to why barb shaman?

Cause I prefer not to be kos in most cities. Plus, I never played a barbarian in classic.

Samoht
05-04-2017, 01:52 PM
is it feasible/possible after a few levels to make my way to Kaladim and do the bone chips quest up to lvl 8/9?

It shouldn't be hard to get there. However, the bone chip quest will be very little EXP by then. You would be turning in orc belts in Kaladin by 8/9.

gprater
05-04-2017, 08:56 PM
qeynos/everfrost is the best starting area in the game IMO. for coin and xp it is the best ( no arguments)
gnoll fangs, rabid/diseased pelts, bandit sashes all equal easy xp and good money. dont go fay.