PDA

View Full Version : Consider red.

bestovv
05-03-2017, 02:00 PM
There was nobody in Ocean of Tears this morning at 4 am PST.

Atmas
05-03-2017, 02:13 PM
I consider red a waste of time

Squabbles123
05-03-2017, 02:14 PM

loramin
05-03-2017, 02:16 PM
I feel like we should start making "Consider Blue" threads for the 20 or so people still on Red. They need our help.

branamil
05-03-2017, 02:27 PM
I imagine most of the time on red is spamming who all 15-20, so they can bring their deleveled epic geared rogue to the noob zone to get their griefing fix.

Squabbles123
05-03-2017, 02:31 PM
I imagine most of the time on red is spamming who all 15-20, so they can bring their deleveled epic geared rogue to the noob zone to get their griefing fix.

I wonder if 1 small change could "fix" red for a lot of players.

Disable zone details on /who commands. So you can see that some level 20's are online, but it would not tell you what zone they were in, so if you wanted to log over and grief you'd have to first make the effort to actually find your prey on your own, without server help.

Why isn't this a thing already? I'd probably at least screw around on Red if they did this.

Yasi
05-03-2017, 02:50 PM
I tried it, but I really love multiplayer games, so I quickly went over to play 1on1 Pong online with strangers to have more social interaction.

shuklak
05-03-2017, 04:23 PM
In business there's a saying... if nobody else is doing it, there's usually a good reason why.

papito
05-03-2017, 04:45 PM
Red is great...most of the time. People tend to get away with so much bullshit unless you're recording 24/7 and have a good angle when they train the entire zone to you or dispell your mobs so you die to exp death.

Qtip
05-03-2017, 05:21 PM
I wonder if 1 small change could "fix" red for a lot of players.

Disable zone details on /who commands. So you can see that some level 20's are online, but it would not tell you what zone they were in, so if you wanted to log over and grief you'd have to first make the effort to actually find your prey on your own, without server help.

Why isn't this a thing already? I'd probably at least screw around on Red if they did this.

Jesus you just solved red. Page the game master. This man just invented /anon!

Squabbles123
05-03-2017, 05:47 PM
Jesus you just solved red. Page the game master. This man just invented /anon!

Anon doesn't solve the problem though.

If I did a "/who all Oasis" for example, you might see multiple people in that zone, lets say they all have ANON turned on.

You still know they are in Oasis, so you run to Oasis, see its lowbies, swap and murder.

So what if you couldn't do THAT? "/who all [zone]" just never returned results. Hence you'd have no idea where people are and what they might be doing.

THAT would get me to play on Red and frankly nothing short of that would do it.

SamwiseRed
05-03-2017, 05:49 PM

If I did a "/who all Oasis" for example, you might see multiple people in that zone, lets say they all have ANON turned on.

You still know they are in Oasis, so you run to Oasis, see its lowbies, swap and murder.

So what if you couldn't do THAT? "/who all [zone]" just never returned results. Hence you'd have no idea where people are and what they might be doing.

drugs?

bestovv
05-03-2017, 05:49 PM

That's interesting I consider waiting in line for a camp a waste of time. It really is much more fun to kill someone who is camping something and then take it over, than waiting.

And yeah, half this first page is people complaining/scared because they don't know what anon is. That's the other great thing about red, it *tends* to weed out the novice players, you'll quickly learn to use everything to your advantage here. Potions, consumables, pumice, water dancing, faction, resist equipment.

And... Once you get best in slot there's more to do than standing around in the tunnel or rolling a new alt. :cool::cool::cool:

bestovv
05-03-2017, 05:51 PM

Yeah, that's how it works actually. If people are anon you need to be in the zone to know they are there...

Squabbles123
05-03-2017, 05:52 PM
Yeah, that's how it works actually. If people are anon you need to be in the zone to know they are there...

Is that unique to red? Cause it doesn't work that way on Blue.

loramin
05-03-2017, 06:26 PM
Is that unique to red? Cause it doesn't work that way on Blue.

But it does :) This is an essential part of raiding on both servers (well, I assume both; not sure if Red has enough people to do a raid anymore ...).

If anon/roleplay worked the way you think other guilds could see "hey guild X is massing in zone Y, so mob Z must be up; let's go steal it" just by doing /who all *that zone's code*. But that doesn't happen, and if you look at the people from any serious raiding guild (when they're not in EC or somewhere like that) you'll notice why: they all have /roleplay (ie. anon with a guild tag) on. Doing that makes it so other guilds can only see them by physically visiting the zone.

loramin
05-03-2017, 06:30 PM
It really is much more fun to kill someone who is camping something and then take it over, than waiting.

Red promoters always bring this up ... and then forget to mention how much less fun it is to be camping something and suddenly have some asshole show up and kill you.

yyrkoon
05-03-2017, 06:58 PM
OP has been permabanned before on red 99 for drawing swastikas with corpses and generally being DEEPLY retarded even by red99's standards (!)

he used to be in <Holocaust>, family friendly guild harboring characters called Mengele (google it) or Reich Ill

that guild became Empire and now Ragnarok (current guild of OP and dominant guild of the server)

consider red if you too are a neo nazi and / or have a sub-80 IQ

shuklak
05-03-2017, 07:17 PM
Red promoters always bring this up ... and then forget to mention how much less fun it is to be camping something and suddenly have some asshole show up and kill you.

lol...

Ties in well with the post about having best in slot gear then your abuse potential makes this even more "challenging" for the up and comer!

Swish
05-03-2017, 08:35 PM
Hello friends, Swish here...I just stopped by to say that if you've already tried red in the past and didnt like it, that you might want to consider it again - especially if you're unable to get a group on blue or are 6th in line to get your class epic ^^

deathusurper
05-03-2017, 10:53 PM
The one and only time I ever considered Red was because of the promise of increased experience gains. I soloed to level 8 on a Magician, and then went looking for a group. I received a /tell from someone to join their group in Crushbone; thinking I scored the jackpot, I went to join them. As soon as I passed the zone in tunnel area, or whatever, the said group that I was to join murdered my bunghole and then I was back in EC. I have not considered Red since, nor will I ever do so again. People say Blue is a waste of time? LOL. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy than on Red.

Atmas
05-03-2017, 10:57 PM
That's interesting I consider waiting in line for a camp a waste of time. It really is much more fun to kill someone who is camping something and then take it over, than waiting.

And yeah, half this first page is people complaining/scared because they don't know what anon is. That's the other great thing about red, it *tends* to weed out the novice players, you'll quickly learn to use everything to your advantage here. Potions, consumables, pumice, water dancing, faction, resist equipment.

And... Once you get best in slot there's more to do than standing around in the tunnel or rolling a new alt. :cool::cool::cool:

Played on red for a while, had a character in Empire before I quit (way before they mass quit), the server atmosphere was not at all like the awesome fun I had in PvP on live.

branamil
05-04-2017, 12:37 AM
The one and only time I ever considered Red was because of the promise of increased experience gains. I soloed to level 8 on a Magician, and then went looking for a group. I received a /tell from someone to join their group in Crushbone; thinking I scored the jackpot, I went to join them. As soon as I passed the zone in tunnel area, or whatever, the said group that I was to join murdered my bunghole and then I was back in EC. I have not considered Red since, nor will I ever do so again. People say Blue is a waste of time? LOL. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy than on Red.

Gee, can't imagine why they struggle to find 30 people logged in at a given moment.

shuklak
05-04-2017, 01:37 AM
The one and only time I ever considered Red was because of the promise of increased experience gains. I soloed to level 8 on a Magician, and then went looking for a group. I received a /tell from someone to join their group in Crushbone; thinking I scored the jackpot, I went to join them. As soon as I passed the zone in tunnel area, or whatever, the said group that I was to join murdered my bunghole and then I was back in EC. I have not considered Red since, nor will I ever do so again. People say Blue is a waste of time? LOL. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy than on Red.lolol... no doubt this is why they advertise so hard... the few who try just aren't dumb enough to stick around

Swish
05-04-2017, 01:53 AM

I have a feeling this is a fabrication..

shuklak
05-04-2017, 09:29 AM

How do you mean exactly?

Squabbles123
05-04-2017, 10:38 AM
Hello friends, Swish here...I just stopped by to say that if you've already tried red in the past and didnt like it, that you might want to consider it again - especially if you're unable to get a group on blue or are 6th in line to get your class epic ^^

Hmm...

Wait in line or be corpse camped...its such a hard choice.

deathusurper
05-04-2017, 02:32 PM
Believe what you want, but Red will always have one less player due to my "fabrication".

shuklak
05-04-2017, 02:34 PM
Remember: its not a lie if you believe it

fadetree
05-04-2017, 02:40 PM
The thing I don't get is why swish keeps on relentlessly promoting Red at literally every single opportunity. What's the point? Does he just like being annoying and this is a psuedo-legit 'issue' for him to work with? Its been going on for years and Red keeps getting worse. Is he just increasing his post count? WHATS THE DEAL.

loramin
05-04-2017, 02:52 PM
The thing I don't get is why swish keeps on relentlessly promoting Red at literally every single opportunity. What's the point? Does he just like being annoying and this is a psuedo-legit 'issue' for him to work with? Its been going on for years and Red keeps getting worse. Is he just increasing his post count? WHATS THE DEAL.

He's Don Quixote, a knight on a valiant quest to save a damsel in distress ... only his vision isn't so good so he thinks that a common whore is a damsel in need of rescuing.

El Camacho
05-04-2017, 03:44 PM

There are trade offs between the two servers. Being killed can be a bummer, but overall the downtime from is small in comparison to not having to wait for nearly any camp/quest/mob to be open.

I'm not advocating anyone move to red. Most don't make it past 30, especially people starting on their own. However, red can be incredibly fun for a static group of 6 players. Just avoid mistmoore.

and yes there are guilds that raid. No spawn variance timers, no FTE, no poopsocking, no raid suspesions. Large pvp battles are tons of fun also.

Both servers have their charm and their psychos.

Whirled
05-04-2017, 04:05 PM
Red sucks.

North American informal
be very bad, disagreeable, or disgusting.
"I love your country, but the weather sucks"
synonyms:be very bad, be awful, be terrible, be dreadful, be horrible; informalstink (https://www.google.com/search?biw=1120&bih=734&q=define+stink&forcedict=stink&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjMxMTyhNfTAhVK2oMKHVMjBJMQ_SoINzAA)
"the weather sucks"

Qtip
05-04-2017, 04:25 PM
Hmm...

Wait in line or be corpse camped...its such a hard choice.

Exactly why I left the red server. How can anybody corpse camp a lvl 1 for 3 hours straight? I then rerolled another character and the guy was already there waiting for me. So some cheating was going on as well.

Swish
05-04-2017, 04:58 PM
Exactly why I left the red server. How can anybody corpse camp a lvl 1 for 3 hours straight? I then rerolled another character and the guy was already there waiting for me. So some cheating was going on as well.

This also happened to me, I was corpse camped right in front of the East Freeport guards who refused to help.

After dying 685 times over a matter of hours to 5-6 abusive level 60 characters in FULL VELIOUS BEST IN SLOT ITEMS I decided to come to the forum and tell the true tale of how red is.

branamil
05-04-2017, 05:00 PM
This also happened to me, I was corpse camped right in front of the East Freeport guards who refused to help.

After dying 685 times over a matter of hours to 5-6 abusive level 60 characters in FULL VELIOUS BEST IN SLOT ITEMS I decided to come to the forum and tell the true tale of how red is.

Your whimsical exaggeration nullifies his point. Swish personally guarantees that no one on red will ever, ever corpse camp you.

Swish
05-04-2017, 05:02 PM
If I guarantee something I'd like to be the one saying it, ty <3

Qtip
05-04-2017, 05:09 PM

Must have been the same guy then, or maybe he's part of an organization. I dont really know to be honest. If the first level is like that, Im guessing the rest of the server and people are that way as well.

Swish
05-04-2017, 05:13 PM
Must have been the same guy then, or maybe he's part of an organization. I dont really know to be honest. If the first level is like that, Im guessing the rest of the server and people are that way as well.

This happened to me about 8 months ago and I'm scared to try again in case the same people are still sitting there laughing at my corpses. How is it even fair that level 60s can kill level 1s anyway? :confused: :confused:

shuklak
05-04-2017, 08:46 PM
Nobody cares about running into the end zone if there's nobody on the other team.

shuklak
05-04-2017, 08:49 PM
There are trade offs between the two servers. Being killed can be a bummer, but overall the downtime from is small in comparison to not having to wait for nearly any camp/quest/mob to be open.

I'm not advocating anyone move to red. Most don't make it past 30, especially people starting on their own. However, red can be incredibly fun for a static group of 6 players. Just avoid mistmoore.

and yes there are guilds that raid. No spawn variance timers, no FTE, no poopsocking, no raid suspesions. Large pvp battles are tons of fun also.

Both servers have their charm and their psychos.
But if you're interested in that there are other servers to play plus not just the enemy can use mq or box lol.

fadetree
05-05-2017, 08:45 AM
OK, I'm going with he just likes a contentious topic to annoy people with. Swish, you need another hobby dude.

El Camacho
05-05-2017, 09:50 AM
But if you're interested in that there are other servers to play plus not just the enemy can use mq or box lol.

Which servers would those be and why are more people not there? Genuine question.

Not sure what you are saying about MQ or Boxing. I think there are a lot of misconceptions about how things are on red.

bestovv
05-05-2017, 01:41 PM

i would like to apologize

Darkatar
05-05-2017, 01:46 PM
i would like to apologize

http://i.imgur.com/Clt5pIp.jpg

originalman
05-05-2017, 01:47 PM
Is red actually like that? Seemed like there was zero pvp at low levels to me, but I got bored around lvl 15. Is it actually that cutthroat?

Swish
05-06-2017, 12:12 AM
Swish, you need another hobby dude.

This isn't my thread :(

fan D
05-06-2017, 12:36 AM
the thing is, when you play on blue, you realize half of the stats and items don't matter. And when you raid, all of the items you get don't actually make a difference. All of the content was cleared day 1 of release, so you don't need to gear up to help progress your guild. It's literally just slaying mobs to look at the stats on your items (again, half of the stats dont matter on blue.

you don't need resists on blue, you don't need dex, agi,

all you need is hp, ac, str, wis and int

nothing else matters

AND when you get raid loot, theres nothing to do with it. Getting more raid loot doesn't help you kill raid mobs.

in conclusion, playing with red and the 20 people on the server is still more fun than playing blue. (I played blue everyday, 12 hrs a day for 4 years)

mickmoranis
05-06-2017, 01:04 AM
the thing is, when you play on blue, you realize half of the stats and items don't matter. And when you raid, all of the items you get don't actually make a difference. All of the content was cleared day 1 of release, so you don't need to gear up to help progress your guild. It's literally just slaying mobs to look at the stats on your items (again, half of the stats dont matter on blue.

you don't need resists on blue, you don't need dex, agi,

all you need is hp, ac, str, wis and int

nothing else matters

AND when you get raid loot, theres nothing to do with it. Getting more raid loot doesn't help you kill raid mobs.

in conclusion, playing with red and the 20 people on the server is still more fun than playing blue. (I played blue everyday, 12 hrs a day for 4 years)

This is why pvp in everquest makes everquest better.

You can roleplay that Qeynos hills needs protecting all you want, but you're kidding yourself if you know that doesnt get old fast. There just isnt a reason to use 90% of the content in the game on blue.

Thats what makes RedEQ superior for all time.

bestovv
05-06-2017, 01:09 AM
blue don't give a fuck about runed bone fork

but i do

branamil
05-06-2017, 02:00 AM
PvP is an atrociously balanced afterthought to EQ. Having a server dedicated to it makes as much sense as a server dedicated to the Baking trade skill.

Swish
05-06-2017, 02:11 AM
PvP is an atrociously balanced afterthought to EQ. Having a server dedicated to it makes as much sense as a server dedicated to the Baking trade skill.

I used to think that, but then I gave EQ pvp a try and I know now that really isn't true.

Symbioticforks
05-06-2017, 02:26 AM
Red99 is the way to go, the raid scene on Blue couldn't be any worse.

PvP doesn't have to be your sole focus either, it's just something to add excitement into an otherwise simple game.

Tenlaar
05-06-2017, 05:51 AM

I don't know why, because getting /tells from people to come across multiple zones to join them for XP just to get killed when you get there is exactly why I stopped trying red as well. There is PvP, and there is griefing.

Swish
05-06-2017, 06:46 AM
You two must be in cahoots or something. Are you both tunnel fat cats worrying about a fall in demand of items if a few dozen people switch to red?

Vexenu
05-06-2017, 08:47 AM
PvP is actually fairly balanced in EQ from the macro perspective. Not in the modern MMO sense of balance meaning "Each class has a 50% chance of beating every other class in every situation", but in the sense of "Each class is strong in its own niche and will beat most other classes there." (Note that this is the same type class balance EQ has in PvE as well).

And when you factor in PvP class balance + PvE class balance, the classes are actually much more balanced across the board. On Blue you have Shamans and Enchanters as the undisputed kings of the server due to their overwhelming solo and duo power in PvE. But neither class is outstanding at solo PvP. Contrast this with the lowly Druid, Wizard and Ranger - each underplayed on Blue nearly to the point of being a joke class. None have exceptional PvE solo power or crucial group or raid roles. Factor in PvP though, and each of those classes is suddenly extremely useful. And with PvP factored in, SKs and Paladins go from being viewed as tag-along classes on raids to nearly-unkillable powerhouses who people love to have in group fights.

Basically, PvP adds an entire new dimension to the game, which has its own separate balance from the PvE game. And when you combine those dimensions the game is overall much deeper (from the perspective of meaningful itemization), much more immersive (the game world feels more dangerous and PvP changes how you look at each zone) and more balanced (because each class has both a PvE and a PvP role to contribute toward).

That being said, Red obviously has its shortcomings and even if it did not, EQ PvP still wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. But it most certainly has its merits. Anyone arguing otherwise speaks from ignorance or bias.

thebutthat
05-06-2017, 08:56 AM
PvP is actually fairly balanced in EQ from the macro perspective. Not in the modern MMO sense of balance meaning "Each class has a 50% chance of beating every other class in every situation", but in the sense of "Each class is strong in its own niche and will beat most other classes there." (Note that this is the same type class balance EQ has in PvE as well).

And when you factor in PvP class balance + PvE class balance, the classes are actually much more balanced across the board. On Blue you have Shamans and Enchanters as the undisputed kings of the server due to their overwhelming solo and duo power in PvE. But neither class is outstanding at solo PvP. Contrast this with the lowly Druid, Wizard and Ranger - each underplayed on Blue nearly to the point of being a joke class. None have exceptional PvE solo power or crucial group or raid roles. Factor in PvP though, and each of those classes is suddenly extremely useful. And with PvP factored in, SKs and Paladins go from being viewed as tag-along classes on raids to nearly-unkillable powerhouses who people love to have in group fights.

Basically, PvP adds an entire new dimension to the game, which has its own separate balance from the PvE game. And when you combine those dimensions the game is overall much deeper (from the perspective of meaningful itemization), much more immersive (the game world feels more dangerous and PvP changes how you look at each zone) and more balanced (because each class has both a PvE and a PvP role to contribute toward).

That being said, Red obviously has its shortcomings and even if it did not, EQ PvP still wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. But it most certainly has its merits. Anyone arguing otherwise speaks from ignorance or bias.

I think this about the fairest breakdown of EQ pvp I've read.

gn0sys
05-06-2017, 10:40 AM
Red is the collection repository for psychopaths. The place where griefers congregate. They will spin a story of how cool it is there, then once you go there, they will grief you and tell you to "Go back to blue" if you say anything. I've seen them do it a lot. Don't fall for it. It's like the abusive person wheedling the abusee back, and then the abuser smacks that bitch up...again.

Squabbles123
05-06-2017, 11:09 AM
You "Red Folks" seem to be missing a very important aspect in all this.

A lot of people just wanna casually play the game. They don't care that the raid scene is what it is, they don't care if "everything has been done", they don't care about the "excitement" of being randomly killed by another player you didn't even know was there.

They just wanna log in, play a few hours, socialize in a group, get some exp, and have a good time.

Clearly the people who want THAT are the majority here.

Swish
05-06-2017, 11:24 AM
Red is the collection repository for psychopaths. The place where griefers congregate. They will spin a story of how cool it is there, then once you go there, they will grief you and tell you to "Go back to blue" if you say anything. I've seen them do it a lot. Don't fall for it. It's like the abusive person wheedling the abusee back, and then the abuser smacks that bitch up...again.

Red isn't the place where people stand on a start line with fraps loaded and wait for hours for a pixel pinata to spawn...with petitions pretyped and waiting to fire off if the slightest "rule" is broken.

Next time you use the word "psychopath", consider the environment you find yourself in on the fairytale blue server where everyone gets along and nothing is bad.

<3

They just wanna log in, play a few hours, socialize in a group, get some exp, and have a good time.

Clearly the people who want THAT are the majority here.

Happens on red every day. Come and see for yourself :)

aaezil
05-06-2017, 11:40 AM

Autism makes kids do things like this... They're tenacious when they know it's futile.

Swish
05-06-2017, 12:01 PM
Autism makes kids do things like this...

...and this... (fraps+petition if you false start)

http://i.imgur.com/JQ5dz4n.jpg

coldslaw
05-06-2017, 12:13 PM
Happens on red every day. Come and see for yourself :)

http://i.imgur.com/zfvwwMf.png

on red every day. Come and see for yourself

http://i.imgur.com/X1NWa2Q.png

red every day.

http://i.imgur.com/YWk45QY.png

Casteel
05-06-2017, 12:42 PM

5338.....yum.

Jimjam
05-06-2017, 12:56 PM
I see toes over the line!!!

shuklak
05-06-2017, 01:42 PM
Red isn't the place where people stand on a start line with fraps loaded and wait for hours for a pixel pinata to spawn...with petitions pretyped and waiting to fire off if the slightest "rule" is broken.

Next time you use the word "psychopath", consider the environment you find yourself in on the fairytale blue server where everyone gets along and nothing is bad.

<3

Happens on red every day. Come and see for yourself :)lol yea... red is the place where you solicit off server for newbs to harass.

Brand ambassador for ded99

syztem
05-06-2017, 02:26 PM
how many of those inflated blue #s are sitting in ecommons doing nothing, and in other zones just sitting around farming items or talking? probably a quarter or more yaw? 95% of red is actively on and doing something/moving around. Personally i gagged when I logged into one of my friends 60 warriors and I walked freely with 0 aggro from seb entrance to crypt with its door being constantly opened, this was pre velious but I think of it every time I think of blue.

People overfarming seafuries, farming gargoyle eyes. fighting over hill giant camps. Petitioning eachother for FTE, having a raid list of who kills what when, poop socking mobs before they even spawn instead of just killing or fighting over it. To each their own though, if you want to play blue play blue, if you can handle red go for it otherwise don't bother imo. Seen way too many 'big shots' from blue come over, only to quit before they got level 20-30 because a fungi twink killed them. if they can't handle being pk'd at level 20, they won't handle 50-60.

the big TMO move over to red was a massive flop, almost none of them were cut for red they ran back so fast they were selling back red:blue plat and gear trades as they still recruited. one of the officers that was an enchanter basically stripped all his tradeables and was raiding with half naked Planar gear and epic only.

DONT COME TO RED IF YOU CANT HANDLE IT, STAY ON BLUE

TLDR

Darkatar
05-06-2017, 02:43 PM
DONT COME TO RED

http://i.imgur.com/tWrsOkl.jpg

shuklak
05-06-2017, 03:15 PM
how many of those inflated blue #s are sitting in ecommons doing nothing, and in other zones just sitting around farming items or talking? probably a quarter or more yaw? 95% of red is actively on and doing something/moving around. Personally i gagged when I logged into one of my friends 60 warriors and I walked freely with 0 aggro from seb entrance to crypt with its door being constantly opened, this was pre velious but I think of it every time I think of blue.

People overfarming seafuries, farming gargoyle eyes. fighting over hill giant camps. Petitioning eachother for FTE, having a raid list of who kills what when, poop socking mobs before they even spawn instead of just killing or fighting over it. To each their own though, if you want to play blue play blue, if you can handle red go for it otherwise don't bother imo. Seen way too many 'big shots' from blue come over, only to quit before they got level 20-30 because a fungi twink killed them. if they can't handle being pk'd at level 20, they won't handle 50-60.

the big TMO move over to red was a massive flop, almost none of them were cut for red they ran back so fast they were selling back red:blue plat and gear trades as they still recruited. one of the officers that was an enchanter basically stripped all his tradeables and was raiding with half naked Planar gear and epic only.

DONT COME TO RED IF YOU CANT HANDLE IT, STAY ON BLUE

TLDRyou talk about 95% of 60 like it's a big number...

mickmoranis
05-06-2017, 03:17 PM

you guys just dont get it, if you LIKE everquest.. red is the way to go.

other wise you miss out on 90% of the content.

shuklak
05-06-2017, 03:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tWrsOkl.jpg

It's the take away close... reverse psychology employed by redcruiters.

Rapidwave
05-06-2017, 03:36 PM
I like PvP and I like Everquest so seems like Red would be a no brainer but the server is far too dead for any enjoyment. I've tried leveling on there multiple times but always burn out in the 20s due to boredom. If I wanted a single player game I'd play one with far better combat

I'm sure if ya had a group of pals to level up with, it'd be pretty fun. The end game seems way better on Red, just too boring to get there

aaezil
05-06-2017, 03:37 PM

Yep i imagine if you are that psychologically messed up you can't fathom that a server of 5000+ contains more than two also autistic guilds who get suspended weekly and should be banned lol... Does red have three guilds yet or still only 2?

Qtip
05-06-2017, 03:42 PM
Yep i imagine if you are that psychologically messed up you can't fathom that a server of 5000+ contains more than two also autistic guilds who get suspended weekly and should be banned lol... Does red have three guilds yet or still only 2?

Actually just one currently. And if you cant spend 18 hours a day tracking mobs, you will probably never see loot. Blue is better. Close this thread.

totmanc
05-06-2017, 04:06 PM
TBH i don't think swish even plays on red99. no clue who he is don't think ive ever talked to him in game.

Red has 2 guilds Apex and Ragnarok currently.

fadetree
05-06-2017, 08:09 PM
This isn't my thread :(

I know, that's the point.

fadetree
05-06-2017, 08:13 PM
You two must be in cahoots or something. Are you both tunnel fat cats worrying about a fall in demand of items if a few dozen people switch to red?

OMG this is the other thing he ALWAYS says. Tunnel fat cats. An innocent thread, bouncing along...as soon as someone says anything even slightly about some difficulty, TA DAA there is Swish with a 'This wont happen on Red', which starts the SAME GODDAMN argument we've had 50 million times, and when he gets pressed a little he immediately whips out his 'tunnel fat cats' remarks.
I... I... I just can't TAKE it any more.
/sob

shuklak
05-06-2017, 08:49 PM
Wipe it please, twenty nineteen.
Wipe it already, twenty twenty.
Server is done, twenty twenty one.
Come back to blue, twenty twenty two.

lowner411
05-06-2017, 10:16 PM
Not too wade in too deep into this but ...

1. Red would be better with more decent people who like PvP, and a better spread of levels.
2. Anytime Red players suggest that people try their server, others who don't like PvP or who got burned on Red go flame on, and the whole discussion degenerates ... in other words, the discussion sounds like a flame war in global /OOC on red.

So may I suggest that we just let Red players try to make it a better place, insteda of trying to burn it to the ground?

aaezil
05-06-2017, 11:00 PM
^ Incorrect

"more players who like pvp" will not save red, not while people are still running around with level 60 gear on and deleveled themselves by dying over and over. Will never be anything remotely resembling fun until that gets fixed or the preteens who are doing it grow up...

mickmoranis
05-06-2017, 11:16 PM
its just simple math. Do you like your games to hold your hand through them? Play blue99 (World of Warcraft) or do you like challenging games? pay red99

Swish
05-07-2017, 12:50 AM
Whether you like red or you don't like red, this thread proves many people have an opinion on it <3

Doctor Jeff
05-07-2017, 12:52 AM
most of the people in this thread have never logged on red

shuklak
05-07-2017, 01:00 AM

Justifiably so!

You don't need to eat a shit pie to know it's crap!

aaezil
05-07-2017, 01:24 AM

Yep i have and levelled a fair bit and will never again lol

Swish
05-07-2017, 02:27 AM
Yep i have and levelled a fair bit and will never again lol

This is one man's opinion. Other opinions are available.

Symbioticforks
05-07-2017, 05:04 AM

I've seen "balanced" pvp where a cleric wins all their 1v1s. You likely wouldn't know what balanced looks like even if you saw it. The only afterthought you can have on blue is how useless all the gear you obtain is once you get it. The pinnacle of your success is measured in the amount of players who'll inspect you while you go AFK in EC tunnel all day. Better check your logs to see how cool you are.

KEWLGET
05-07-2017, 05:18 AM
it's not like there's much meaningful pvp on red99

most of your gear doesn't matter there either

KEWLGET
05-07-2017, 05:21 AM
^ Incorrect

"more players who like pvp" will not save red, not while people are still running around with level 60 gear on and deleveled themselves by dying over and over. Will never be anything remotely resembling fun until that gets fixed or the preteens who are doing it grow up...

despite the many issues on red99, people deleveling characters for the purpose of griefing isn't even really a thing

and even if someone were to do so, you would outlevel them in about an hour or two of actual grinding

if someone like that stops you from playing, you probably wouldn't like EQ PvP anyway

Jimjam
05-07-2017, 05:27 AM
despite the many issues on red99, people deleveling characters for the purpose of griefing isn't even really a thing

and even if someone were to do so, you would outlevel them in about an hour or two of actual grinding

if someone like that stops you from playing, you probably wouldn't like EQ PvP anyway

The last toon I levelled on red I went all the way to 50 with no /role or /anon.

The only pvp I got was at level 7 (enchanter wouldn't share nek forest zombies with me so I took it by force) and much later on while AFKing under the BB docks (dumb paladin took over 10 mins to melee me down, took me 5 mins to get back to corpse. lol). In the 50s the occasional druid would come after me while I passed through lavastorm but that was it.

I did most of these levels in the lavastorm area (Najena -> SolB) with my level/race/class exposed. I'm not gonna lie the real disappointment was that no one ever came to play with me (whether to fight against or with each other). Delevelled twinks seems to only be a problem in unrest/mistmoore and even then they don't seem to happen anymore.

If you do decided to join red I suggest forming a small crew. I think many of the ALS players could enjoy a bit of red experience.

Swish
05-07-2017, 08:15 AM
The last toon I levelled on red I went all the way to 50 with no /role or /anon.

The only pvp I got was at level 7 (enchanter wouldn't share nek forest zombies with me so I took it by force)

That spawn of 3 near EC? Hell no, I wouldn't share 3 easy single pull mobs either :p

Did you mention that if you grouped you'd both get more XP?

Doctor Jeff
05-07-2017, 10:55 AM
That spawn of 3 near EC? Hell no, I wouldn't share 3 easy single pull mobs either :p

Did you mention that if you grouped you'd both get more XP?

this in a common misconception.

You get a 40% bonus for playing on red, and then 50% more for each person in your party.

If you are solo, you are gaining 140% xp. If you are duo, you are gaining 190%xp/2, or 95% xp.

You still only gain more xp by grouping if you are able to kill 50% more mobs with their help.

bestovv
05-07-2017, 11:54 AM
if you are a pet class, at most levels you don't do more than 50% of the mobs damage if you are killing efficiently with pet, (pet steals half xp in this situation) so grouping (at least a duo) is actually a net gain for them

Swish
05-07-2017, 06:55 PM
You still only gain more xp by grouping if you are able to kill 50% more mobs with their help.

To starting players in rags this is usually the case

El Camacho
05-07-2017, 08:05 PM
I've never had a group member kill me and I only do pick up groups.

Other than the occassionaly pvp twink in mistmoore or unrest, almost everyone just wants to fill a group slot and level their characters until near 60. Then you will finally see some PvP happen.

I even run non-anon almost 100% of the time. Not much pvp.

Swish
05-08-2017, 02:20 AM
I lent a guy some monk weapons ages back (he went on to play a SK called Charlatan if anyone knew him on red)... he was playing an iksar monk and went into Kurns.

About an hour later he said he was done, and quitting, and could I log my monk in so he could hand me the stuff back.

What happened? He got pvp'd "unfairly" and raged and quit for a few weeks.

First rule if pvp does happen, is not to take it personally and do your best to either put up a good fight or deny them the kill <3