PDA

View Full Version : Warrior kit (items you find useful for your warrior)

Lhancelot
05-01-2017, 04:29 PM
Just curious what items you guys use and find useful/helpful on your warrior.

For xp, for travel, essentially anything that improves the quality of life for a warrior!

Samoht
05-01-2017, 05:01 PM
Didn't you already ask this? (www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269426)

Don't do drugs.

skarlorn
05-01-2017, 05:04 PM
cobalt greaves
peggy cloak
uninstalling EQ

Lhancelot
05-01-2017, 05:15 PM
Didn't you already ask this? (www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269426)

Don't do drugs.

yes I vaguely recalled I asked something along those lines I couldn't remember the answers and wanted to see if any new ideas came about.

Thanks!

mickmoranis
05-01-2017, 05:19 PM
OP admits to having a brain as powerful as a goldfishes.

Lhancelot
05-01-2017, 05:23 PM
OP admits to having a brain as powerful as a goldfishes.

Very creative insult! Thanks for your input much appreciated!

mickmoranis
05-01-2017, 05:33 PM
If I hurt your feelings, dont worry you'll forget in 24hrs.

guinness
05-01-2017, 05:53 PM
anything that improves the quality of life for a warrior!

uninstalling EQ

Squabbles123
05-01-2017, 05:56 PM
J-Boots make a warrior's life worth living.

mickmoranis
05-01-2017, 06:11 PM
Warriors are something of an endgame class. Let's compare to their cousin, the Paladin. In most group/small raid scenarios, especially when fighting mobs that can be slowed and mezzed (99% of them) the snap aggro of the Paladin will be more important than their tiny disadvantage in pure numerical hitpoints and AC. Plus, their stuns, roots, buffs, heals, and rezzes give them options to help keep their groupmates alive that we warriors simply do not have. In contrast, Warriors shine when facing the toughest of the tough, the monsters so nasty they make the raid encounters page, where our disciplines allow us to survive when any other class would die.Warriors are also more gear dependent. Both Warriors and Paladins need good armor for hitpoints, AC, and resists. But while Paladins can generate hate by using their spells, Warriors, as you shall see, need elite weapons to do so. And unlike Paladins whose damage is unimportant in the grand scheme of things, warriors can do quite a bit - again, with the right weapons. Since there are many more Warriors, our gear is substantially more expensive, and our epic and sky haste belts are both much harder.So as a warrior, you are both at your best in and most dependent on a raiding environment. Unfortunately, I don't think much of the raid scene on Project 1999 Blue. Because of the overcrowding at the endgame, Rogean and Nilbog implemented (extremely not-classic) variance: rather than spawning exactly 7 days (or whatever) after being slain, mobs will spawn randomly between 5 and 9 days later. This forces raiding guilds to go to a huge amount of extra work: someone basically gets to sit at the computer for two days on average watching the screen to check if the mob has decided to spawn. At that point, they send out text messages to everyone. Because these spawns can occur at any point in the day, a raiding guild on P1999 is basically a Euro guild and a North American guild welded together for 24 hour responsiveness.If this sounds like fun to you - and there is absolutely a certain thrill to racing against another guild to kill something first, although for me that thrill is more than counterbalanced by the tracking time and all hours batphoning - then you will have a great time with your warrior. If it does not, realize that if you join a casual guild you will have a much more difficult time acquiring your gear, and you simply won't be as needed. I don't want to discourage new players from rolling on the server - it can be a lot of fun. But the endgame can be frustrating, especially when you are playing an endgame-specialized class. As much as I love my Iksar Warrior, there are definitely times when I wish I'd rolled something else. Talk to a few people, and if you aren't sure about it I would suggest Monk, Paladin, or Shadowknight. All three of those classes can be effective out of the gate, aren't quite so gear dependent, and have more nuanced gameplay than warriors.From a min-max perspective, Ogres are clearly the best. Aside from having the best stats, a quick back-of-the-envelope estimate shows the value of stun immunity: mobs get their secondary attack every 8 seconds, bash instead instead of kick 75% of the time, hit 50% of the time, and stun 50% of their hits. So if the mob isn't hasted you'll be spending roughly 2 seconds out of 40 (5%) of your time stunned. Depending on how fast your weapons are, that's some 2-3% of your threat and damage (your weapons will be ready as soon as you aren't stunned, so you don't lose all of the time) which isn't gamebreaking but is certainly nice.Second best are Dwarves, Trolls, Halflings, and to some extent Barbarians which all have nice stats and special abilities (Halflings: hide and sneak for splitting, Trolls: regeneration, Dwarves: sick jump animation). There is no min-max reason to play the other races (especially Dark Elves with their brutal 75 starting stamina AND dexterity), but of course min-max isn't everything and with some effort you'll be able to cap your stats in the endgame anyway. In the long term the lack of Slam is not that important as you'll get stunning Kick at 55. Last but not least are the Iksar. In Velious their AC and regen bonuses will make them competitors with Ogres, but currently we have been mired in Kunark for the past three years and Iksar Warriors are still wearing ranger armor. Really they are only 5-10% worse than comparably geared Ogres in Kunark (Hakata has tanked just about every mob in Kunark, and Sakuragi has tanked most of them) but people will expect you to be horrible. To these people I have only one thing to say: hiss! hiss!If you are being healed by a shaman or druid (or a paladin), AC is all that matters. More AC = greater efficiency. If you are being healed by a cleric, especially on raid encounters, HP is going to be more important. Raid mobs have very high ATK and AC is not as effective. In addition, you don't care about the average case: it doesn't matter whether you average 25% or 30% when the complete heal hits. What matters is the worst case, i.e. death, and avoiding it. I feel like HP compensates for that a bit better than AC.So I feel that 1AC is worth about 3HP for raid tanking but more like 5HP while leveling, when mobs have lower ATK scores and it is more likely you'll be healed by a druid or shaman.Also, slowed mobs are better than any amount of AC. If stuff is slowable, the best defense is a good offense so that your enchanter and shaman can get to work earlier.

Lhancelot
05-01-2017, 06:44 PM
Warriors are something of an endgame class. Let's compare to their cousin, the Paladin. In most group/small raid scenarios, especially when fighting mobs that can be slowed and mezzed (99% of them) the snap aggro of the Paladin will be more important than their tiny disadvantage in pure numerical hitpoints and AC. Plus, their stuns, roots, buffs, heals, and rezzes give them options to help keep their groupmates alive that we warriors simply do not have. In contrast, Warriors shine when facing the toughest of the tough, the monsters so nasty they make the raid encounters page, where our disciplines allow us to survive when any other class would die.Warriors are also more gear dependent. Both Warriors and Paladins need good armor for hitpoints, AC, and resists. But while Paladins can generate hate by using their spells, Warriors, as you shall see, need elite weapons to do so. And unlike Paladins whose damage is unimportant in the grand scheme of things, warriors can do quite a bit - again, with the right weapons. Since there are many more Warriors, our gear is substantially more expensive, and our epic and sky haste belts are both much harder.So as a warrior, you are both at your best in and most dependent on a raiding environment. Unfortunately, I don't think much of the raid scene on Project 1999 Blue. Because of the overcrowding at the endgame, Rogean and Nilbog implemented (extremely not-classic) variance: rather than spawning exactly 7 days (or whatever) after being slain, mobs will spawn randomly between 5 and 9 days later. This forces raiding guilds to go to a huge amount of extra work: someone basically gets to sit at the computer for two days on average watching the screen to check if the mob has decided to spawn. At that point, they send out text messages to everyone. Because these spawns can occur at any point in the day, a raiding guild on P1999 is basically a Euro guild and a North American guild welded together for 24 hour responsiveness.If this sounds like fun to you - and there is absolutely a certain thrill to racing against another guild to kill something first, although for me that thrill is more than counterbalanced by the tracking time and all hours batphoning - then you will have a great time with your warrior. If it does not, realize that if you join a casual guild you will have a much more difficult time acquiring your gear, and you simply won't be as needed. I don't want to discourage new players from rolling on the server - it can be a lot of fun. But the endgame can be frustrating, especially when you are playing an endgame-specialized class. As much as I love my Iksar Warrior, there are definitely times when I wish I'd rolled something else. Talk to a few people, and if you aren't sure about it I would suggest Monk, Paladin, or Shadowknight. All three of those classes can be effective out of the gate, aren't quite so gear dependent, and have more nuanced gameplay than warriors.From a min-max perspective, Ogres are clearly the best. Aside from having the best stats, a quick back-of-the-envelope estimate shows the value of stun immunity: mobs get their secondary attack every 8 seconds, bash instead instead of kick 75% of the time, hit 50% of the time, and stun 50% of their hits. So if the mob isn't hasted you'll be spending roughly 2 seconds out of 40 (5%) of your time stunned. Depending on how fast your weapons are, that's some 2-3% of your threat and damage (your weapons will be ready as soon as you aren't stunned, so you don't lose all of the time) which isn't gamebreaking but is certainly nice.Second best are Dwarves, Trolls, Halflings, and to some extent Barbarians which all have nice stats and special abilities (Halflings: hide and sneak for splitting, Trolls: regeneration, Dwarves: sick jump animation). There is no min-max reason to play the other races (especially Dark Elves with their brutal 75 starting stamina AND dexterity), but of course min-max isn't everything and with some effort you'll be able to cap your stats in the endgame anyway. In the long term the lack of Slam is not that important as you'll get stunning Kick at 55. Last but not least are the Iksar. In Velious their AC and regen bonuses will make them competitors with Ogres, but currently we have been mired in Kunark for the past three years and Iksar Warriors are still wearing ranger armor. Really they are only 5-10% worse than comparably geared Ogres in Kunark (Hakata has tanked just about every mob in Kunark, and Sakuragi has tanked most of them) but people will expect you to be horrible. To these people I have only one thing to say: hiss! hiss!If you are being healed by a shaman or druid (or a paladin), AC is all that matters. More AC = greater efficiency. If you are being healed by a cleric, especially on raid encounters, HP is going to be more important. Raid mobs have very high ATK and AC is not as effective. In addition, you don't care about the average case: it doesn't matter whether you average 25% or 30% when the complete heal hits. What matters is the worst case, i.e. death, and avoiding it. I feel like HP compensates for that a bit better than AC.So I feel that 1AC is worth about 3HP for raid tanking but more like 5HP while leveling, when mobs have lower ATK scores and it is more likely you'll be healed by a druid or shaman.Also, slowed mobs are better than any amount of AC. If stuff is slowable, the best defense is a good offense so that your enchanter and shaman can get to work earlier.

This is insightful I admit that.

Thing is, I find the warrior kind of fun in groups and it solos better than my pally.

I got a 41 warrior now, and a 35 pally and aggro is so easy to get on pally it's boring.

If I group on warrior, I rely on roots and weapon damage or procs if I DW, and tbh it's more fun feeling like the group all has to do their part for it to run smoothly.

With my pally, I essentially was able to secondary heal, hold aggro like a magnet, pull, basically my pally could do anything and everything meaning the group also did not have to function as effectively.

My pally could make a bad group fair or even decent whereas on my warrior, a bad group is painful.

How this is more fun I cannot explain it, only that as I said above it just seems more interesting being in a group that has to work together more for it to run well.

When I solo on my warrior, he does it pretty well with a lot of damage output, and that makes it more fun too. Critical hits and crippling hits in close fights is exciting, whereas on a pally there are no such fights as this.

I once asked an Awakened pally his opinion on warriors and paladins and his advice was pretty accurate I think. He said, "if you want to tank dragons, make a warrior, if you want to group make a pally."

That being said, for some reason the challenge of the warrior makes it more fun for me.

I got a decent amount weapons I have picked up, still want to get some Blood Points...

I got levi cloak from Quillmane, a ranger named Lanowar helped me get for free, BIG shout out to that dude! I asked randomly in SK if anyone wanted to work Quillmane together to try to get a cloak, and Lanowar sent a tell and told me he would help me as he knew the PHs etc. It took less than 30 mins, and I got the cloak thanks to Lanowar!

I also have a lot of cobalt stuff, no greaves too expensive for me so I will be greaveless of the cobalt variety anyway... I'd like to get a Incarnadine BP for invis, still need to save for that. I got invis rings to help with that for now.

Got a Majdd's Choker for see invis.

I got Jboots.

So, I can't think of what else I should work on trying to get.

Just thought to ask for further suggestions, see if anyone has any ideas on other proccing weapons besides a Frostbringer that would be nice to use.

Jetlag
05-01-2017, 10:02 PM
This is insightful I admit that.

I hope you realize he simply copypasta'd Sakuragi's Warrior Guide (without credit, mind you).

Lhancelot
05-01-2017, 11:51 PM
I hope you realize he simply copypasta'd Sakuragi's Warrior Guide (without credit, mind you).

I should just read some of the guides already written I'd probably find more info there anyway.

Sometimes you can gain knowledge from the forums that you won't find in old written guides, other times you get the attention of manchild nerds like Mick. :D

GinnasP99
05-02-2017, 12:13 AM
Midnight mallet, soulfire, reaper of the dead, root webs, 10-dose ant's leg potion, 10-dose stinging wort, some type of EB item

I'm sure there's a lot more, just what i could think of that isn't mentioned yet

GinnasP99
05-02-2017, 12:23 AM
Having 2x http://wiki.project1999.com/Blood_Point and http://wiki.project1999.com/Zealot%27s_Incarnadine_Sword in your bags is probably pretty useful as a warrior too, i'd imagine. That or fungi and afk

Taiku
05-02-2017, 01:59 PM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Embalmers_Skinning_Knife is something I used to use a lot on live, if you plan on soloing at all, not a huge difference but can be seen as extra bag space instead of having to carry around stacks of bandages!

branamil
05-02-2017, 03:32 PM
Warriors are something of an endgame class. Let's compare to their cousin, the Paladin. In most group/small raid scenarios, especially when fighting mobs that can be slowed and mezzed (99% of them) the snap aggro of the Paladin will be more important than their tiny disadvantage in pure numerical hitpoints and AC. Plus, their stuns, roots, buffs, heals, and rezzes give them options to help keep their groupmates alive that we warriors simply do not have. In contrast, Warriors shine when facing the toughest of the tough, the monsters so nasty they make the raid encounters page, where our disciplines allow us to survive when any other class would die.

Warriors are also more gear dependent. Both Warriors and Paladins need good armor for hitpoints, AC, and resists. But while Paladins can generate hate by using their spells, Warriors, as you shall see, need elite weapons to do so. And unlike Paladins whose damage is unimportant in the grand scheme of things, warriors can do quite a bit - again, with the right weapons. Since there are many more Warriors, our gear is substantially more expensive, and our epic and sky haste belts are both much harder.

So as a warrior, you are both at your best in and most dependent on a raiding environment. Unfortunately, I don't think much of the raid scene on Project 1999 Blue. Because of the overcrowding at the endgame, Rogean and Nilbog implemented (extremely not-classic) variance: rather than spawning exactly 7 days (or whatever) after being slain, mobs will spawn randomly between 5 and 9 days later. This forces raiding guilds to go to a huge amount of extra work: someone basically gets to sit at the computer for two days on average watching the screen to check if the mob has decided to spawn. At that point, they send out text messages to everyone. Because these spawns can occur at any point in the day, a raiding guild on P1999 is basically a Euro guild and a North American guild welded together for 24 hour responsiveness.If this sounds like fun to you - and there is absolutely a certain thrill to racing against another guild to kill something first, although for me that thrill is more than counterbalanced by the tracking time and all hours batphoning - then you will have a great time with your warrior. If it does not, realize that if you join a casual guild you will have a much more difficult time acquiring your gear, and you simply won't be as needed. I don't want to discourage new players from rolling on the server - it can be a lot of fun. But the endgame can be frustrating, especially when you are playing an endgame-specialized class.

As much as I love my Iksar Warrior, there are definitely times when I wish I'd rolled something else. Talk to a few people, and if you aren't sure about it I would suggest Monk, Paladin, or Shadowknight. All three of those classes can be effective out of the gate, aren't quite so gear dependent, and have more nuanced gameplay than warriors.

From a min-max perspective, Ogres are clearly the best. Aside from having the best stats, a quick back-of-the-envelope estimate shows the value of stun immunity: mobs get their secondary attack every 8 seconds, bash instead instead of kick 75% of the time, hit 50% of the time, and stun 50% of their hits. So if the mob isn't hasted you'll be spending roughly 2 seconds out of 40 (5%) of your time stunned. Depending on how fast your weapons are, that's some 2-3% of your threat and damage (your weapons will be ready as soon as you aren't stunned, so you don't lose all of the time) which isn't gamebreaking but is certainly nice.S

econd best are Dwarves, Trolls, Halflings, and to some extent Barbarians which all have nice stats and special abilities (Halflings: hide and sneak for splitting, Trolls: regeneration, Dwarves: sick jump animation). There is no min-max reason to play the other races (especially Dark Elves with their brutal 75 starting stamina AND dexterity), but of course min-max isn't everything and with some effort you'll be able to cap your stats in the endgame anyway. In the long term the lack of Slam is not that important as you'll get stunning Kick at 55.

Last but not least are the Iksar. In Velious their AC and regen bonuses will make them competitors with Ogres, but currently we have been mired in Kunark for the past three years and Iksar Warriors are still wearing ranger armor. Really they are only 5-10% worse than comparably geared Ogres in Kunark (Hakata has tanked just about every mob in Kunark, and Sakuragi has tanked most of them) but people will expect you to be horrible. To these people I have only one thing to say: hiss! hiss!If you are being healed by a shaman or druid (or a paladin), AC is all that matters. More AC = greater efficiency. If you are being healed by a cleric, especially on raid encounters, HP is going to be more important.

Raid mobs have very high ATK and AC is not as effective. In addition, you don't care about the average case: it doesn't matter whether you average 25% or 30% when the complete heal hits. What matters is the worst case, i.e. death, and avoiding it. I feel like HP compensates for that a bit better than AC.So I feel that 1AC is worth about 3HP for raid tanking but more like 5HP while leveling, when mobs have lower ATK scores and it is more likely you'll be healed by a druid or shaman.Also, slowed mobs are better than any amount of AC. If stuff is slowable, the best defense is a good offense so that your enchanter and shaman can get to work earlier.

mickmoranis
05-02-2017, 03:34 PM
manchild nerds like Mick. :D

OP "halp me which weps do I use for my warrior doll I roleplay a fierce warrior as!"

:rolleyes::D

Lhancelot
05-02-2017, 05:56 PM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Embalmers_Skinning_Knife is something I used to use a lot on live, if you plan on soloing at all, not a huge difference but can be seen as extra bag space instead of having to carry around stacks of bandages!

I got one thinking of grabbing another - DWing them would make it faster process to get bandages. Very useful item I been soloing quite a bit last few days. :p

Lhancelot
05-02-2017, 05:57 PM
OP "halp me which weps do I use for my warrior doll I roleplay a fierce warrior as!"

:rolleyes::D

I <3 you Mick! Every post of yours brings a smile to my face. :p

Trelaboon
05-03-2017, 01:17 AM
I got one thinking of grabbing another - DWing them would make it faster process to get bandages. Very useful item I been soloing quite a bit last few days. :p

I pretty much solo'd my Warrior to 60 using Bloodpoint x2, Truncheon of Doom, Cobalt BP and Embalmers Skinning Knife

Damn
05-03-2017, 04:52 AM
fungus/bracer of the hidden/shrink pots/aon/sow sword or potions/damageshield potions/reaper/soulfire/mallet/prayers/bladestopper/lev cloak/haste potions if no eyepatch/gate potions/wc hat