PDA

View Full Version : Magician Pet Focus

maultar
02-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Hey I was reading the spell changes coming up in Kunark and the bit about 49+ pets needing the staff of elemental mastery. Was this true that it was introduced in Kunark or was it that way in classic too? I don't even remember that being around on live back in the day. What is the truth in this situation? It's a pain in the ass to get all 4 staves.

Thetruth
02-10-2011, 03:03 PM
Hey I was reading the spell changes coming up in Kunark and the bit about 49+ pets needing the staff of elemental mastery. Was this true that it was introduced in Kunark or was it that way in classic too? I don't even remember that being around on live back in the day. What is the truth in this situation? It's a pain in the ass to get all 4 staves.

The truth says,

Its buffs all lvl 49 + earth pets. Its a focus effect like the broom, shovel etc.

nalkin
02-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Nalkin says,

Post 50 your still gonna be using your 49th level fire pet so don't worry about it

inyane
02-10-2011, 08:37 PM
Yeah, the fire pets sucked when they turned them into wizards, or whatever. was that just the 50+ ones, or did verant change the older ones as well?

I can't quite remember, but I didn't think the lower level pets did very well against kunark mobs, due to greater hps and dps

Kender
02-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Yeah, the fire pets sucked when they turned them into wizards, or whatever. was that just the 50+ ones, or did verant change the older ones as well?

I can't quite remember, but I didn't think the lower level pets did very well against kunark mobs, due to greater hps and dps

was the 50+ pets. fire = wizard, water = rogue, air = monk, earth = warrior

or something like that

vinx
02-10-2011, 11:27 PM
OP read our forums.
the answer is in the magician section
in the gnoll hide lariat thread. gives full details of focused pets

:)

Razdeline
02-11-2011, 04:02 AM
After 55, your going to use your water pet in most group situations. If you are going against many casters (such as Sebelis) you will use air.

maultar
02-11-2011, 07:36 AM
No what im wondering is though will the original focus items become useless on 49+ pets should this new spell file be implemented? Meaning if I want to "focus" a pet that is 49+ do I need the staves from hate? Or will original pet focus items work just not as strong as the staves would.

Thetruth
02-11-2011, 07:42 AM
No what im wondering is though will the original focus items become useless on 49+ pets should this new spell file be implemented? Meaning if I want to "focus" a pet that is 49+ do I need the staves from hate? Or will original pet focus items work just not as strong as the staves would.

The truth says,

Any pet above lvl 49 pet will need the staves. All other focus currently in game will only work on 49 or below.