PDA

View Full Version : chinese character

thyrax
04-30-2017, 11:42 PM
hey, ive seen some people using chinese character in everquest ? how can u do that.... Copy/paste wont work

Swish
05-01-2017, 12:15 AM
I think it's possible to do it through notepad and save them to macros. Cant remember exactly how, does it go into the character's .ini file? Something like that.

Darkatar
05-01-2017, 12:20 AM
You can't clipboard characters that aren't installed on your operating system.
Edit: Example :If you've played multilingual MMOs and ever seeen a big string of ???????????????????????? conversations, that's the software failing to understand the characters. Unsupported characters (like Cyrillic) in EQ are displayed as [] (those solid boxes you see sometimes when people try to copypaste ascii art)

EQ has the capacity built in to display them, your computer does not know how to handle them correctly in the clipboard unless it already has that language installed.

You can also do this through macros, because you can manually insert the character code into the macro which EQ is capable of displaying/interpreting correctly.

thyrax
05-01-2017, 12:27 AM
You can't clipboard characters that aren't installed on your operating system.
Edit: Example :If you've played multilingual MMOs and ever seeen a big string of ???????????????????????? conversations, that's the software failing to understand the characters. Unsupported characters (like Cyrillic) in EQ are displayed as [] (those solid boxes you see sometimes when people try to copypaste ascii art)

EQ has the capacity built in to display them, your computer does not know how to handle them correctly in the clipboard unless it already has that language installed.

You can also do this through macros, because you can manually insert the character code into the macro which EQ is capable of displaying/interpreting correctly.

Thx, ill look into that !

fadetree
05-01-2017, 08:32 AM
I think you can find out what the numeric codes are for the characters you want, and then use Alternate+keypad numbers to enter them.

Spyder73
05-01-2017, 09:14 AM
You just made Trumps KoS list with this post - NSA INC

Lhancelot
05-01-2017, 11:47 AM
hey, ive seen some people using chinese character in everquest ?

If I could have a Chinese character, I think I'd make it a wizard.

Darkatar
05-01-2017, 11:49 AM
If I could have a Chinese character, I think I'd make it a wizard.

Whattabout monk!

trite
05-01-2017, 12:24 PM
hey, ive seen some people using chinese character in everquest ? how can u do that.... Copy/paste wont work

Information about Hot keys is stored in an .ini file in the install directory. You can edit this file to create a hot key outside of the game. Copy and paste any unicode characters you want from the character map program that comes with windows...my bard on live had two greek letters in surname heh....haven't tried this on p99...

Lhancelot
05-01-2017, 12:39 PM
Whattabout monk!

Hmm, that's true a Chinese monk would be really fitting! But, wouldn't that be stereotyping a bit?

Darkatar
05-01-2017, 01:18 PM
Hmm, that's true a Chinese monk would be really fitting! But, wouldn't that be stereotyping a bit?

Yeah probably, but you could just bust out some monkly wisdom about introspection and gloss over that.

Speaking of stereotying, You can't tell me your mental image of a chinese wizard wasn't something like

http://i.imgur.com/xruTDAD.png

Jaxon
05-01-2017, 01:25 PM
Information about Hot keys is stored in an .ini file in the install directory. You can edit this file to create a hot key outside of the game. Copy and paste any unicode characters you want from the character map program that comes with windows...my bard on live had two greek letters in surname heh....haven't tried this on p99...

This sounds like something that could end up causing other players to crash out of the game.

Swish
05-01-2017, 01:51 PM

Do you think there'd be petitions of people being offended?

Lhancelot
05-01-2017, 02:08 PM
Do you think there'd be petitions of people being offended?

100%. Anytime someone can be offended, they will be offended!

Lhancelot
05-01-2017, 02:10 PM
Yeah probably, but you could just bust out some monkly wisdom about introspection and gloss over that.

Speaking of stereotying, You can't tell me your mental image of a chinese wizard wasn't something like

http://i.imgur.com/xruTDAD.png

It was, except I had a wispy long gray beard in thought too!

loramin
05-01-2017, 02:27 PM

There was a thread about this not too long ago. TLDR version is that the fantasy monk archetype has several origins, and many are not Asian. For instance, the EQ monk was heavily influenced by the Dungeons and Dragons monk, which was based on some stories about a white monk character not an Asian one.

Besides, the only Asian culture in Norath is the dark elves, and they can't be monks, so at best (if you don't pick the Monk master race) you've got a toon that looks like Danny Rand whose name is the Chinese characters for "Iron Fist", or whatever.

maskedmelonpai
05-01-2017, 02:54 PM
i did this before, but not remember how. I gonna post what I do remember though in case someone with more outer knowledge will be able to piece together the missing parts with they superior knowledge set.

so like fonts are stored in a text file somewhere in Windows and for games too I think. There like a text file, or maybe it an image file that have all the characters at different sizes and stuff. to display other characters, you have to add them to hat file or set of files. I want to say you can copy stuff from you Windows install to the right spot in the eq install, but not remember. maybe they were tga files.

someone figure out what I trying to describe please. op need help and I wanna do it again too.

where paul? He probably know.

paul?

help?

Darkatar
05-01-2017, 03:12 PM
where paul? He probably know.

paul?

help?
http://i.imgur.com/txtcYTU.jpg

Lifebar
05-01-2017, 03:19 PM
Chinese paladins are OP. Why play any other tank when they have agro-lock and the same mitigation as warriors? This needs nerfed ASAP.

mickmoranis
05-01-2017, 03:32 PM

Incorrect. It has been confirmed in EQ lore all monks come from a clan of rappers in Staten Island, New York City, NY.

loramin
05-01-2017, 03:52 PM
Incorrect. It has been confirmed in EQ lore all monks come from a clan of rappers in Staten Island, New York City, NY.

Oh yeah I heard that too. I also heard they ain't nuthing ta F' wit

Pokesan
05-01-2017, 04:34 PM
i'd be a chinese tank

thyrax
05-02-2017, 05:03 AM
actualy have a chinese cleric raiding with us and he gotta type in every single word we say in google translate lol, so I wanna be able to copy paste some chinese word too to help him out a bit