PDA

View Full Version : Last names

Drew300
04-28-2017, 09:34 AM
Hey all any issues with Last names being removed?
I have had my last name from lvl 20 to 60 for over a year or more and this week it got removed.
I have been in front of GMs many times now why the sudden change?
Really how bad is Chillywilly Inmypants??

Samoht
04-28-2017, 09:39 AM
Chillywilly Inmypants

This name is obviously against ToS. Please accept that and move on.

Drew300
04-28-2017, 09:40 AM
Well it wont let me make a new last name as it already says i have one..

maskedmelonpai
04-28-2017, 09:51 AM
you gotta petition to have it changed to whatever you want for you new one. they do that in case you decide to try for another naughty one.

Drew300
04-28-2017, 09:53 AM
Petty!!! 2 years ive had the name.

Samoht
04-28-2017, 09:53 AM
Well it wont let me make a new last name as it already says i have one..

Your last name is currently an underscore, which the system shows as a blank space. It should be obvious that your name is off-center and that there is an unusually wide gap between your character name and guild name.

You will have to petition to get a new one.

Petty!!! 2 years ive had the name.

No, your complaint is petty. It's time to move on.

maskedmelonpai
04-28-2017, 09:58 AM
Your last name is currently an underscore, which the system shows as a blank space. It should be obvious that your name is off-center and that there is an unusually wide gap between your character name and guild name.

You will have to petition to get a new one.

No, your complaint is petty. It's time to move on.

i already answer his question. you can delete you post if you liek. it not a bad post though.

Trollhide
04-28-2017, 10:00 AM
Chillywilly Inmypants ruins muh immersion, glad it was finally fixed. Shit's classic.

Ennewi
04-28-2017, 10:09 AM
I am altering the name. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Spyder73
04-28-2017, 10:19 AM
This post triggers me and I have developed an eye twitch because of it - 2 years this asshole got away with "Chillywilly Inmypants" yet Wu'Tang has been destroyed multiple times (FATNAR!!!). I can't even tell you how many stupid names I've seen since I started playing more these last couple months. Just leave the f#cking names alone and do something actually useful for the server. There is nothing more classic than "Ipwnyou" the rogue decloaking and KS'ing your mob you've been camping for 3 hours.

Restore Wu'Tang Sirken - You know you have wronged me.

kotton05
04-28-2017, 11:21 AM
I saw an erudite with the name Race Card....

Chilly someone had to of petitioned ya, sorry to hear , I for one liked your last name.

Maschenny
04-28-2017, 11:23 AM
i already answer his question. you can delete you post if you liek. it not a bad post though.

Can you just delete your post? His posts are better.

Lhancelot
04-28-2017, 11:57 AM

All lies, MM. I personally find your posts delightful and even thought provoking at times!

maskedmelonpai
04-28-2017, 11:59 AM

not very nice thing to say :c i was just trying to be helpful, i not mean to upset you. i even said you post was good. it just seem redundant after I already answer the question and i not want you to feel dumb or something for adding information nobody care about. it was nice of you to share though and i think some people find it interesting even if not all that helpful :3 that why i said it a good one ^^ sorry if i upset you :c *hugs*

maskedmelonpai
04-28-2017, 12:03 PM
All lies, MM. I personally find your posts delightful and even thought provoking at times!

thank you lhance ^^ that make me happy.

Sorn
04-28-2017, 12:42 PM
I have noticed a lot of people with...'interesting' surnames (and usually first names) have had them stripped in the past week or so.

"I've had it for a long time!!" just means there was absolutely 0 enforcement of the naming policy until now.

Velthak
04-28-2017, 01:05 PM
Who needs surnames anyway?!

-TK-
04-28-2017, 01:12 PM
"I've had it for a long time!!" just means there was absolutely 0 enforcement of the naming policy until now.

No, it's just one of the things they are extremely inconsistent with. I've petitioned many names, quite a few I've done multiple times (not at the same time) while guides are online so that couldn't say the person wasn't online for them to see, and it seems to be that if you're a hardcore raider and in a top guild they are more hesitant even if it's a blatant violation. But, they'll show up in Mistmoore to change some level 30's surname that's riding the line of being acceptable.

Like just about everything else it just depends on the guide, who they are associated with, and how they are feeling that day. Take it or leave it; it's P99.

Samoht
04-28-2017, 01:29 PM
All names like this should expect to be changed eventually. It's not if. It's when. And no amount of complaining is going to get your name back.

Don't use terrible names, mmmkay?

Lhancelot
04-28-2017, 01:44 PM
No, it's just one of the things they are extremely inconsistent with. I've petitioned many names, quite a few I've done multiple times (not at the same time) while guides are online so that couldn't say the person wasn't online for them to see, and it seems to be that if you're a hardcore raider and in a top guild they are more hesitant even if it's a blatant violation. But, they'll show up in Mistmoore to change some level 30's surname that's riding the line of being acceptable.

Like just about everything else it just depends on the guide, who they are associated with, and how they are feeling that day. Take it or leave it; it's P99.

This can't be true! :eek:

loramin
04-28-2017, 02:07 PM
Personally I hope they all get changed, would make the server more classic:

* Character naming policy -- The guy loudly outraged the other day that dirty rotten Verant made him change his name from "Buttpick" should have read this

shuklak
04-28-2017, 02:09 PM
Selective name enforcement is actually very classic.

dude
04-28-2017, 03:25 PM
Dude has no lat names on any of his characters, although my rogue is going to have one once he gets to 20, Ragen Cagen wish i could ' Rage'n Cage'n would be cool but they said NO to the dude.

Canelek
04-28-2017, 04:20 PM
I am altering the name. Pray I don't alter it any further.

:D

Drew300
05-01-2017, 04:44 PM
I saw an erudite with the name Race Card....

Chilly someone had to of petitioned ya, sorry to hear , I for one liked your last name.

Thanks Merkk!!

Drew300
05-01-2017, 04:46 PM
Who needs surnames anyway?!

F you Velthak lol.... Actually Jedeyez still doesnt have a surname!!!

mickmoranis
05-01-2017, 05:35 PM
I got special permission from a GM to have Wu'Tang for my monks, I have 3 monks and got them all changed to Wu'Tang about 2 years ago.