PDA

View Full Version : What class(es) will you be maining on Agnarr on launch?

Izmael
04-27-2017, 02:46 PM
Multiple choices allowed.

Spyder73
04-27-2017, 03:45 PM
I may join up when Lucilin launches so I can Beastlord

JurisDictum
04-27-2017, 09:22 PM
I'll probably go Human Ranger. Rangers are incredible during this era. It's the only era that got the class right IMO. Strong at range and strong melee and able to tank a little if the situation is strained.

I'm torn because I like Necromancers, they are very good at these kinds of servers, but I fell like you have to be Iksar. Same a few other classes Iksar can be, like Shadow Knight and Monk.

The other factor is Beastlord, which you can't even play until Luclin, is an incredibly good class. It kind of replaces that tanky high damage / high utility character Monk was in Velious. My only problem with them is they never look great. (Barbarian looks best IMO, but Iksar, Ogre and Troll are clearly better options).

Mortiiss
04-30-2017, 02:39 AM
Where's the Beastlord option?

JurisDictum
04-30-2017, 11:59 AM
Where's the Beastlord option?

You can't play them until Luclin. So you have to make a different character first or not play at launch.

I've been rethinking the Ranger and leaning more toward Shadow Knight or Warrior. You never get to play tank classes fresh unless the server is new. This might be the best way to utilize a new server rather than just playing another naked caster. Same applies to a lesser extent to offensive melee.

Also if you want to tank PoP: it's really good idea to get geared by Luclin. It's really hard to make a tank from scratch in PoP -- takes a lot of patience on part of your healer before you get the necessary AAs and Gear.

Breeziyo
04-30-2017, 11:02 PM
Debating a tank this go around. Not 100% sure though. I always end up going to the revamped sisters island for cash by the time I get to my mid-30s as a pet class to farm cash and twink something else out. Would be nice to be a tank people go to for groups instead of a loner solo DPS though.

Pokesan
04-30-2017, 11:44 PM
no tanks. only i may tank. go be ranger #600

my beautiful dark elf sk will rule this server

Patriam1066
05-01-2017, 01:34 PM

Dwarf warrior All day baby

I confess I was tempted to go Wood elf ranger

maskedmelonpai
05-01-2017, 02:47 PM

i be ranger #tbd if I playe^^ rangers are fantastic. i not gonna play though I don't think :c i have whole new lands to explore to the east around when *agnarr come out. ooooo, i thought of a derogatory name for it! i think maybe that catch on good if i could say it.

JurisDictum
05-01-2017, 06:47 PM
Warrior Stats:

Except for Dwarf, most competitive Warrior races should obviously put their points in Dex to balance themselves out for late game. Procs are important to Warriors and Dex helps critical hits as well.

Barbarian

Str:113
Sta:105
Agi:87
Dex:95

Dwarf

Points Left: 25
Str:100
Sta:100
Agi:75
Dex:90

Which I use as: