PDA

View Full Version : 99,000 reasons why ogres are better

Lhancelot
04-25-2017, 06:26 PM
While being attacked by a mob on my ogre warrior, I used a sow potion and despite all attempts by the aviak to stun and interrupt me, I got the sow pot off.

Just one more reeason why ogres truly are the apex race of Norrath. FSI never ceases to amaze me.

I can't believe how long I went playing other inferior and weak races! truly the best race ever created on a MMO, hands down.

coldslaw
04-25-2017, 06:49 PM
Move to Rants and Lames

#KeepServerChatClean2017

shuklak
04-25-2017, 07:02 PM
But at the cost of what?

branamil
04-25-2017, 07:18 PM
Too bad the models look like they were designed by Pablo Picassos toddler with fetal alcohol syndrome. Looking at them makes me want to puke and I think lesss of anyone that would choose them.

rollin5k
04-25-2017, 07:22 PM
The retard race in norrath for the retards to have an easier video game experience. Glad you found your calling my ninja!

Malkavius
04-25-2017, 07:43 PM
That's why they're one of the only races I much more prefer the luclin models for.

Lhancelot
04-25-2017, 08:05 PM
Ogres are hated and resented by the inferior races who wish they could be as powerful and omnipotent as the ogre.

Carry on, inferior ones!

P.S. Just had 100 solo fights on my ogre warrior, and not ONCE did I get stunned! Amazing!

shuklak
04-25-2017, 08:21 PM
Ogres are hated and resented by the inferior races who wish they could be as powerful and omnipotent as the ogre.

Carry on, inferior ones!

P.S. Just had 100 solo fights on my ogre warrior, and not ONCE did I get stunned! Amazing!

That's fine but if you rolled a druid you could just keep your distance and never be stunned plus you could teleport all over Norrath!

loramin
04-25-2017, 08:32 PM
That's why they're one of the only races I much more prefer the luclin models for.

From a practical standpoint maybe, but it just doesn't look like EverQuest to me unless the Ogres are huge (in all directions) and the Halflings are tiny.

As a side note, does Lhancelot remind anyone else of IRuinedYourDay a little?

Doctor Jeff
04-25-2017, 08:35 PM
warriors don't have channeling and interrupts aren't blocked by fsi.

op is a liar

mickmoranis
04-25-2017, 09:35 PM

op is a liar

people on blue do not know this mechanic lol

Lhancelot
04-25-2017, 09:53 PM

op is a liar

Semantics. Stop hating on ogres.

Darkatar
04-26-2017, 12:23 AM
Semantics. Stop hating on ogres.

It was almost believable, but that was patched

Patch Notes: March 23rd, 2015 (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186455)
Haynar: Pure melee (or anyone currently lacking the channeling skill) will no longer be able to channel through spells, if they get hit by melee or move while casting the spell.

mickmoranis
04-26-2017, 12:27 AM
OP died to an aviak LOL what a trashcan

Lhancelot
04-26-2017, 02:02 AM
OP died to an aviak LOL what a trashcan

Completely false. ^

That being said, still going hard in the paint on my ogre warrior!

I just had a fight where I had 10% health and I aggro'd a yellow conned mob. For anything other than an ogre this would have been nothing short of a quick death... Not for my ogre warrior though!

Instead of running, I knew the chance of my ogre winning was fairly good so I dug my ogre heels into the dirt and held my ground.

Crippling hit after crippling hit occurred and within 30 seconds I had that yellow conned mob down to 5% health while my health had only dipped to 7%, leaving me with one more crippling hit finishing that mob off cleanly!

The tankiness and survivability of this ogre warrior compared to my old halfling warrior is ridiculous!

I just think there's more going on here, behind the stats. The more I play the ogre warrior, the more convinced I become that there are hidden statistical values that are not being displayed on the character stat sheet.

It's as if the warrior is three levels higher than he actually is... FSI is awesome, never getting stunned when in combat surely helps, but there's more going on here I am sure of it.

Ivah
04-26-2017, 02:14 AM
people on blue do not know this mechanic lol

Swish
04-26-2017, 02:20 AM
Trolls are better ^^

Lhancelot
04-26-2017, 02:38 AM
Trolls are better ^^

Nice to meet you, Mr. Kettle.

Jimjam
04-26-2017, 04:00 AM
While being attacked by a mob on my ogre warrior, I used a sow potion and despite all attempts by the aviak to stun and interrupt me, I got the sow pot off.

Just one more reeason why ogres truly are the apex race of Norrath. FSI never ceases to amaze me.

I can't believe how long I went playing other inferior and weak races! truly the best race ever created on a MMO, hands down.

I find this story hard to believe. Warriors can't really channel any kind of hit, let alone bashes which have a stronger knockback component. How did you manage to take a hit and resume casting? Such knowledge would be very useful to me. No matter how tightly cornered my warriors are even the tickle of a feather interrupts their attempts to click.

JurisDictum
04-26-2017, 08:45 AM
Trolls are better ^^

This is essentially why I never played an Ogre. That big boost to HP regeneration just seems more useful. Ogres also have really bad Dex in addition to Int.

Lhancelot
04-26-2017, 09:02 AM
I find this story hard to believe. Warriors can't really channel any kind of hit, let alone bashes which have a stronger knockback component. How did you manage to take a hit and resume casting? Such knowledge would be very useful to me. No matter how tightly cornered my warriors are even the tickle of a feather interrupts their attempts to click.

Not lying brother, any ogre can attest to such feats! Albeit, only an ogre.

It's called "Hidden Values," what the devs never shared with the players is the fact that ogres have statistical advantages that are not represented on the stat sheet!

They also have hidden abilities, such as channeling ability when clicking pots or any other clickies while in combat.

Test it out yourself!

You will conclude that indeed, any class that can be an ogre should be an ogre!

I can understand that people not not enjoy the ogre aesthetically, but just realize by not picking ogre for your shaman, warrior, or SK you are placing your character at an extreme disability when you choose to play an inferior race.

When I find more feats of amazement on my ogre I will report here my findings. I believe I am just scratching the surface and that people who have mained ogres for years never shared their secrets as they are the types who enjoy having extreme advantages over other players.

I am not that kind of player.

I feel all should enjoy the wealth of knowledge that is hidden within the game, for better or worse and so this will push me further into delving and digging to find out more hidden traits the ogre posseses.

Stay tuned.

Jimjam
04-26-2017, 09:43 AM
To be honest I think you are yanking my tit.

I'm not sure as to the motivation though, whether you are trying to be ironic or perhaps parody group think is unclear to me.

maskedmelonpai
04-26-2017, 11:16 AM
I prefer dark elf warrior tbh. they beautiful and indomitable like a islamnd a mountain at sea, a pillar of stability among the chaos of the deep blue. when the zerk take them though, they red blood glow like molten earth on the sea, occluded by the steamy flash of they whispy white hair and bared teeth. I pretty sure dark elf get liek a zerking bonus. I always feel so savage when it happen.

aaezil
04-26-2017, 11:30 AM
I think OP either has downs or doesn't understand EQ mechanics

Lhancelot
04-26-2017, 12:38 PM
I prefer dark elf warrior tbh. they beautiful and indomitable like a islamnd a mountain at sea, a pillar of stability among the chaos of the deep blue. when the zerk take them though, they red blood glow like molten earth on the sea, occluded by the steamy flash of they whispy white hair and bared teeth. I pretty sure dark elf get liek a zerking bonus. I always feel so savage when it happen.

Descriptive and visceral, great job MM. Too bad so much imagination is wasted writing about an elf. Apply this pool of imagination on an ogre and it would be so much better!

maskedmelonpai
04-26-2017, 01:27 PM
Berg were havin time, so hard. him eyes shrank tiny liek furryfeets beneath all the weightiness, greatest and most thick of ogres, of him great brow furrow. Berg frowned as him eyes rolled studiously about, him most discerning gaze ravaging they scrawny elfs all around berg most magnificent figure. puny blueskins had most disgusting habit, made berg belly sour. they spoil they smells, pollute they natural aroma with foul fragrance and deadly poison, most unsettling to berg tummy. berg grimace at little elf. she smell liek gumdrops and treeseed. tiny smile stretch her face grotesquely, make berg hangry, almost nuff to smush greatest nastiness of repugnant smell from berg great mind, most resplendent of intellects. but it not enough. berg frowned, him great belly, most magnificent among ogres, rumble in protest of berg great uncompromising sensibility.

Lhancelot
04-26-2017, 04:19 PM
Berg were havin time, so hard. him eyes shrank tiny liek furryfeets beneath all the weightiness, greatest and most thick of ogres, of him great brow furrow. Berg frowned as him eyes rolled studiously about, him most discerning gaze ravaging they scrawny elfs all around berg most magnificent figure. puny blueskins had most disgusting habit, made berg belly sour. they spoil they smells, pollute they natural aroma with foul fragrance and deadly poison, most unsettling to berg tummy. berg grimace at little elf. she smell liek gumdrops and treeseed. tiny smile stretch her face grotesquely, make berg hangry, almost nuff to smush greatest nastiness of repugnant smell from berg great mind, most resplendent of intellects. but it not enough. berg frowned, him great belly, most magnificent among ogres, rumble in protest of berg great uncompromising sensibility.

That's awesome, tbh. ^^^

mickmoranis
04-26-2017, 04:21 PM
OP died to aviak and is so immersed hes trying to lie to himself and all of us and say he got away

Doctor Jeff
04-26-2017, 04:36 PM
Just a reminder that op is a liar and none of this happened.

Lhancelot
04-26-2017, 04:50 PM
Just a reminder that op is a liar and none of this happened.

You sure are an angry nerd, aren't you? You should try to relax and not take forumquesting so serious.

mickmoranis
04-26-2017, 04:52 PM
OP is fuming RN and a liar.

debuilder
04-26-2017, 05:00 PM
What kind of a loser would make up lies about elf sim

Lhancelot
04-26-2017, 05:03 PM
While in MM today, I ran around the entire pond camp on my 25 level ogre warrior gathering every mob I could possibly get. Pretty sure it was 12 total mobs.

I killed them all singlehandedly, and lived with 23% health.

I can only attribute this grand feat of strength to the fact I was an ogre.

My halfling warrior at lvl 25 in the same gears at the same level could hardly begin to do such a thing.

Clearly, there are some hidden values that contribute to such potence. FSI can't be the only contributing factor here!

Any other ogres notice how impossibly powerful they are?

Seriously, I think the ogre race is broken at this point.

rollin5k
04-26-2017, 08:40 PM
Is this sarcasm or a bipolar episode

mickmoranis
04-26-2017, 08:49 PM
While in MM today, I ran around the entire pond camp on my 25 level ogre warrior gathering every mob I could possibly get. Pretty sure it was 12 total mobs.

I killed them all singlehandedly, and lived with 23% health.

I can only attribute this grand feat of strength to the fact I was an ogre.

My halfling warrior at lvl 25 in the same gears at the same level could hardly begin to do such a thing.

Clearly, there are some hidden values that contribute to such potence. FSI can't be the only contributing factor here!

Any other ogres notice how impossibly powerful they are?

Seriously, I think the ogre race is broken at this point.

This story is not true lol I watched this trashcan duck/jump over and over stuck in the MM castle ent and then: GURARRRHhhhhh death sound and 3 gargoyals and a dark elf chick nutted and strolled back into their castle.

Was glorious

maskedmelonpai
04-26-2017, 09:03 PM
Berg lick his lips. Him was so hungry. puny elf stank like leafs and treebark. Berg sigh heavily, most displeased. she not so good a food thing, him thank quietly within him great skull, most superior among skulls. pretty elf make nasty face 'gain as berg sigh. she pretty lips smushed together liek mating leeches. elf no know way of best smile, not even good smile... why even try if not know right way!? Berg shake him great head in frustration, it beautifully irregular shape spinning like a half rotten squash suspended in bog water. berg smile softly to bergself at thought of berg most unchallenged beauty. maybe berg teach little elf proper smile then him tumny have some peace!

Berg turn to wretched little creature, him shapeliest of figures spinning handsomely like luclin on da ground. he look seriously at puny elf, him stomach sinking as her nasty little smile wither like nasty flower she smelled like beneath da sun. He not wish upset little elf, most vengefullest among foul things. last time him spoke to her, most politely and with inoffensive tone, her slathered viciously at she beady eyes - berg had heard this thing, but not seen before. ogre, most normal, but also magnificent of creatures not do this - and her retaliated most savagely upon best berg, dousing sheself with more fouler, nay most foulestest of scents as berg ask she do something about she most awful of smells. berg sinuses, most astute of sinuses, were raped that moment first with flowers and sugars, then with treeseeds and bee biles and finally bark and stinky leaves. Berg eyes want to slather too at thought, most awful of berg memories, but ogre not do that thing.

Berg quickly regain him composure and flash greatest of gifts at little hellspawn. berg smile sang to the dirt between him toes, sunlight falling to da formidable bulwark of richly cultivated plaques and leftover lunches. little elf make funny face as her step away slightly, before she puny brain recognize da plain smile beneath berg most greatest of splendor. little elf laugh wickedly before her try copy Berg in most twisted of fashions.

somehow her, dumbest of dumb things, look so more dumb like that, berg incapable of help bergself, burst greatly into most massive of laughter. little elf joined with she disgusting squeaks and berg fell to ground in greatest of laughter, da hungry in him tummy replaced with pain of laughter. Berg roll around like that for longest of times til berg bowels join in him wondrous revelry. berg smile most delighted as him agreeable scent fill da air, slaughtering fouls smell of little elf. Berg sit up as da laughs leave him, glancing curiously to puny elf as him draw great breath into him lungs. Little elf face twisted strangely in way berg no understand, but she stink mostly gone, so berg smiled, most very pleased with himself.

Lhancelot
04-27-2017, 09:08 AM
Berg lick his lips. Him was so hungry. puny elf stank like leafs and treebark. Berg sigh heavily, most displeased. she not so good a food thing, him thank quietly within him great skull, most superior among skulls. pretty elf make nasty face 'gain as berg sigh. she pretty lips smushed together liek mating leeches. elf no know way of best smile, not even good smile... why even try if not know right way!? Berg shake him great head in frustration, it beautifully irregular shape spinning like a half rotten squash suspended in bog water. berg smile softly to bergself at thought of berg most unchallenged beauty. maybe berg teach little elf proper smile then him tumny have some peace!

Berg turn to wretched little creature, him shapeliest of figures spinning handsomely like luclin on da ground. he look seriously at puny elf, him stomach sinking as her nasty little smile wither like nasty flower she smelled like beneath da sun. He not wish upset little elf, most vengefullest among foul things. last time him spoke to her, most politely and with inoffensive tone, her slathered viciously at she beady eyes - berg had heard this thing, but not seen before. ogre, most normal, but also magnificent of creatures not do this - and her retaliated most savagely upon best berg, dousing sheself with more fouler, nay most foulestest of scents as berg ask she do something about she most awful of smells. berg sinuses, most astute of sinuses, were raped that moment first with flowers and sugars, then with treeseeds and bee biles and finally bark and stinky leaves. Berg eyes want to slather too at thought, most awful of berg memories, but ogre not do that thing.

Berg quickly regain him composure and flash greatest of gifts at little hellspawn. berg smile sang to the dirt between him toes, sunlight falling to da formidable bulwark of richly cultivated plaques and leftover lunches. little elf make funny face as her step away slightly, before she puny brain recognize da plain smile beneath berg most greatest of splendor. little elf laugh wickedly before her try copy Berg in most twisted of fashions.

somehow her, dumbest of dumb things, look so more dumb like that, berg incapable of help bergself, burst greatly into most massive of laughter. little elf joined with she disgusting squeaks and berg fell to ground in greatest of laughter, da hungry in him tummy replaced with pain of laughter. Berg roll around like that for longest of times til berg bowels join in him wondrous revelry. berg smile most delighted as him agreeable scent fill da air, slaughtering fouls smell of little elf. Berg sit up as da laughs leave him, glancing curiously to puny elf as him draw great breath into him lungs. Little elf face twisted strangely in way berg no understand, but she stink mostly gone, so berg smiled, most very pleased with himself.

I had to reread this many times to fully grasp it, lol. I think this is great and highly imaginative.

A story about an ogre and his wicked elf friend, who is uncomfortable with the perfumes his elf friend wears... Leaving the ogre to do the most natural thing an ogre would do to change the aromas surrounding himself and the highly perfumed elf!

Bravo!

Samoht
04-27-2017, 10:16 AM
OP is referencing a post made by someone the other day who swore that his ogre war had hidden stats and was way better than his prior halfling warrior.

10/10 troll OP.

Honestly, this might make more sense if it was someone else... But the post you're referencing (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271618) is actually from the OP.

Doctor Jeff
04-27-2017, 10:17 AM
ogres do have hidden values but everything OP has said in either of his threads is incorrect. (also hes a liar)

Lhancelot
04-27-2017, 11:30 AM
ogres do have hidden values but everything OP has said in either of his threads is incorrect. (also hes a liar)

I can understand why you would find my stories of ogre stregth unbelievable, but I can only stress to you they are true!

Knowing ogres have hidden values, you know my stories ring true, you simply can't look past your extreme venomous resentment of yours truly to accept them as fact!

Look past your anger, your loathing, your hatred of me, and trust in the words I write knowing they all are 100% true to fact, my friend!

Doctor Jeff
04-27-2017, 11:33 AM
I can understand why you would find my stories of ogre stregth unbelievable, but I can only stress to you they are true!

You just get more value from AC...

Lhancelot
04-27-2017, 11:35 AM
You just get more value from AC...

No. Ogre hidden values add more than just AC, Jeff. You know this too. You simply want to keep everyone clouded in ignorance by only admitting a small portion of the truth.

rollin5k
04-27-2017, 01:19 PM
The thing is everyone already plays ogres though that's the thing

Transylvania
04-28-2017, 12:49 AM
Innate regen, perfect size in small areas, the list of ogre supremacy goes on and on.

Doors
04-28-2017, 03:02 AM
https://pantheonmmo.com/images/skar.png

Nirgon
04-28-2017, 03:32 PM
Lot of weebs mad about ogre superiority

Lhancelot
04-28-2017, 03:34 PM
Lot of weebs mad about ogre superiority

That's how it always is, the ones down below always look up with hatred and disdain.

mickmoranis
04-28-2017, 03:39 PM
That's how it always is, the ones down below always look up with hatred and disdain.

elf sim emu forums:

basement: Sewer
penthouse: Sewer

there aint nowhere to look but horizontal round these parts kid

Nirgon
04-28-2017, 03:51 PM
Inside every weeb is a mad cuck