PDA

View Full Version : Difference between P1999 and new Agnarr TLP

aGenda
04-24-2017, 03:36 PM
Alright I used to play p1999 red extensively and I haven't touched live EQ since the PoP expansion. I've read similar threads about previous TLP servers but what I'm trying to get a sense of is exactly what EQ classic/kunark/velious is like on the TLP live servers, especially the upcoming Agnarr. Trying to decide if its worth a months sub to try out a new TLP server launch.

This is my understanding of the differences, does this capture the main issues or is there more?

TLP servers don't use classic spell files like P1999, so I assume casters benefit from whatever updates/buffs/changes have been made to 1-60 spells over the years. Does this drastically change caster gameplay? Do casters get brand new spells or are their spell values just tweaked compared to what we'er used to on p1999? I read mages pets were OP but have since been nerfed for Agnarr.
TLP servers have updated melee mechanics / formulas, so I assume this means they are way more powerful than they used to be in classic -- but again do the classes play exactly like they normally would 1-60, just more powerful? I've read monks fists formulas are OP.
TLP servers have out of combat regen, however this will be turned off for agnarr, so not an issue.
TLP servers have revamped Freeport, which apparently sucks
TLP servers have newer graphics, but I've read you can at least downgrade the client to use Velious-era graphics?
There is a cash shop element where you can buy stuff in game for kronos currency, and can buy items in game from other players with kronos?
No exp penalties, no hell levels, increased xp rates for leveling?
Instanced raiding, and 'pick zones' which are basically dynamic instances spawned for certain zones based on population.
Bard swarm kiting is long gone?
Each class gets one home teleport to their home city once per hour.

Does that cover the main things? Is the game otherwise relatively the same in terms of gameplay? For example, melees like warriors/rogues still need to at least duo to gain xp, you won't see warriors running around plowing through mobs on their own. Casters will still have to spend a lot of time meditating. Quad kiting is still a thing and the best way for a solo to gain exp. Groups will still struggle to hold down emperor crush's throneroom when they get there in cloth rags with rusty weapons for the first time, etc.

Or is the gameplay just drastically different and nothing like classic?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Spyder73
04-24-2017, 03:41 PM
DoTs stack so it makes necromancers very powerful also

skwayb
04-24-2017, 04:17 PM
When couldn't DOTs stack. I played a shaman on live and you could always stack multiple DOTS since day one. So could Necros. Same is true on P99.....

Crede
04-24-2017, 04:34 PM
When couldn't DOTs stack. I played a shaman on live and you could always stack multiple DOTS since day one. So could Necros. Same is true on P99.....

Pretty sure you couldn't stack the same dot on 2 different chars making necros essentially useless dps on raids before velious.

Crawdad
04-24-2017, 04:40 PM

I think you are just talking about... Shaman spells in general. We're talking about the same DoT spell from multiple people.

** Spell Stacking Changes **

We've made two changes to the way spells stack.

Damage Over Time (DoT) spells are spells that linger on the target
doing damage. Until today two different characters could not have the
same DoT spell on the same target. As long as one copy of the spell was
active any new version of the spell would not take hold. After today
the same DoT spell cast by different casters can affect the same target
at the same time. Also, if you cast a DoT spell on a target and you
already have that spell active on it, the spell will refresh. (Note: It
will not be possible to stack Lifeburn).

September 4th 2002, so it'll never happen here.

skwayb
04-24-2017, 04:44 PM
I think you are just talking about... Shaman spells in general. We're talking about the same DoT spell from multiple people.

September 4th 2002. It'll never happen here.

Ok that makes more sense. Never understood why they didn't allow them to stack. It is no different than multiple nukes of the same spell landing at the same time. But I can't see why it would be way to overpowering. I am use to them not stacking like that.

Kagey
04-24-2017, 05:14 PM
they recently added in auto attack skills.

I do not need to click backstab on my rog anymore, it can auto backstab for me. Great for people who wish to multi box.

Its great for me when we r 2-3 grouping Vexthal bosses with insane HP count. 15min fights where I no longer need to spam backstab.

Also /autofire for rangers archery has been in game for a long time.

Evia
04-24-2017, 05:18 PM
I have a 63 Ranger on phinney. You basically covered it. All classes are basically just beefier versions of p99s classes. Otherwise they all play the same as you're used to on p99. I turn on old models so characters look like I'm used to seeing.

Really the only change you didn't totally touch on is the zone revamps. They changed many more besides just Freeport (which is horrible) like commonlands is one giant zone revamped and no more east and west. Highpass is also different....more I'm probably not thinking of.

But all and all I really have enjoyed my time on the TLP servers.

Kagey
04-24-2017, 05:27 PM
TLP servers have newer graphics, but I've read you can at least downgrade the client to use Velious-era graphics?
There is a cash shop element where you can buy stuff in game for kronos currency, and can buy items in game from other players with kronos?

I always liked oldworld graphics also till i started using Luclin graphics. Ornaments are available for Heroforge to really customize your look. The BP bracer boots in this pic are special ornament aug called Insidious.

http://imgur.com/5DmfmW9

All races have robe graphics now also. TONS of graphics can be purchased in marketplace. Each account gets 500DB points to spend every month for free. You do not need to spend IRL cash for this.

http://imgur.com/KOpbS0m

Krono is bought from market place, can be sold to other players.
Agnarr people will farm drops to sell to make money to buy Krono, you wont need to pay 15$ a month anymore. I've been on phinny since Jan and only paid for my first month membership. I have 4 kronos saved up so far.

aGenda
04-24-2017, 05:45 PM
Krono is bought from market place, can be sold to other players.
Agnarr people will farm drops to sell to make money to buy Krono, you wont need to pay 15$ a month anymore. I've been on phinny since Jan and only paid for my first month membership. I have 4 kronos saved up so far.

I've read neckbeards will camp the popular items 24/7 (such as GEBs) and sell for kronos only. Does this imply that if I want GEBs, and can't camp it myself, it is expected I would buy kronos from the shop and trade them for the item in game?

aGenda
04-24-2017, 05:48 PM
I have a 63 Ranger on phinney. You basically covered it. All classes are basically just beefier versions of p99s classes. Otherwise they all play the same as you're used to on p99. I turn on old models so characters look like I'm used to seeing.

Does the fact that the classes are beefier drastically change the gameplay? If you are a level 1 will you still die to a level 2 snake, or can all classes plow through mobs now?

If melee damage is increased, were spells increased proportionately? For example, does the typical group still consist of tank/heal and a smattering of melee and caster DPS, etc.

Thanks for the feedback!

Kagey
04-24-2017, 05:51 PM
Some will buy a krono from the shop to sell for PP or just trade a krono for it.. keep in mind that when you zone into Solb you can see if its camped, which it will be. once that zone reaches 30-40 players a new 'instence' will spawn. Which means there will be 2 Solb's to use. You can jump between the 2 or 3 or 4 versions with /pick.

Also keep in mind that if you are in a profitable camp, you are contested, trained, ks'd. the works. If you expect to do GEB camp with just yourself, or lets say 3 friends. You will meet a group of 6 that want it also and will lose.

It will not be a relaxing time to sit and smell the flowers. It is very entertaining to say the least.

Yasi
04-25-2017, 04:15 AM
Profitable camps will be just as camped as they are on any server. On p99 people camp them for platinum, on Agnarr ppl will camp them for platinum or Krono. Difference: on Agnarr, you might end up with multiple zones. The moment the broad Population reaches 50, you will have a few Lguk and SolB instances, resulting in more people getting the items they are looking for quicker.

The economy will face significant deflation as a lot of items will enter the market. Will be easier for new players entering at a later stage to twink, but it will also be harder for them to farm cash as item prices are low.

U also didn't mention very rapid expansion progress. With 12 weeks between expansions, the server will be at PoP within a single year.

Culkasi
04-25-2017, 07:33 AM
Another difference is that ShowEQ use is rampant and not really controlled - main turn-off for me actually

aGenda
04-25-2017, 10:14 AM
Another difference is that ShowEQ use is rampant and not really controlled - main turn-off for me actually

Worst case is this affects people tracking down rare mobs in open world zones -- but since it's not a PvP server, it's not like your gonna have people b-lining to you and ganking you randomly in the middle of a zone, right?

Spyder73
04-25-2017, 10:26 AM
So will Beastmaster be available from jump street or will have to wait 6 months for it to unlock?

Yasi
04-25-2017, 10:45 AM
Beastlord will be available with Luclin - 9months after Server Launch.

Rang
04-25-2017, 10:54 AM

No one on P99 has ever used ShowEQ

http://i.imgur.com/p8w6Y6r.jpg

Squabbles123
04-25-2017, 11:53 AM
This sounds a bit appealing to me.

Currently I feel P99 is simply over-crowded, its impossible to do anything because EVERYTHING is camped 24/7.

I might try this out just to get a population thats not obviously too high for what the game can properly support.

Kagey
04-25-2017, 12:00 PM
This sounds a bit appealing to me.

Currently I feel P99 is simply over-crowded, its impossible to do anything because EVERYTHING is camped 24/7.

I might try this out just to get a population thats not obviously too high for what the game can properly support.

TLP will have double the amount of players as p99... phinny i could see even having x3 more people playing. I grouped my entire way from 1-65, always having a full group.

p99 has far less players.

Squabbles123
04-25-2017, 12:07 PM
TLP will have double the amount of players as p99... phinny i could see even having x3 more people playing. I grouped my entire way from 1-65, always having a full group.

p99 has far less players.

Well, thats disappointing, however the "instance" system might make up for it.

Right now I can't enjoy p99 at all because anything I want to solo is camped 24/7, making it very NOT fun right now.

Keza
04-25-2017, 12:32 PM
It lists their differences, for the most part, on the official Agnarr FAQ. You mentioned most of the big changes, though Kronos isn't a currency exactly, it's a game-time token. I don't know if they have a working cash shop on TLP servers.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/agnarr-faq-pop-locked-progression-server-coming-weds-may-24-2017.239813/#post-3527110

Several zones are revamped, unless they revert them, not just FP. EC/WC, Ro, Nek and LS will all have their graphical 'enhancements'. Post mob/itemization revamps upon launch will be Splitpaw, CT, Fear and Hate. VP says original pop but no death restrictions.

Soulbinders in every city to bind melee.

No player corpses, which seems an oddly huge thing to change about EQ.

Coin has no weight.

Advanced loot system.

Augments are in on day 1 and there are augment vendors in cities to "balance the disparity between caster and melee."

Pet power revamp. Not sure exactly what this entails but they outline pets zoning/being invisible and bosses getting a buff to counter pet swarming.

Etc etc.. there's some minor stuff like spell research being altered and being able to right click spells to memorize them. Stuff that doesn't effect the feel of the game much for most people.

maskedmelonpai
04-25-2017, 12:34 PM
good to see dbg attempting community outreach with this brand of nerd. godspeed naive_developr107.

Darkatar
04-25-2017, 12:37 PM
You can use krono to play.
You can buy krono with cash.
You can trade krono with players.
So, the economy is based heavily around krono, considering, yknow, krono enables play (or your own cash)

So...You can buy krono, and trade it for anything else that is normally trade-able (and probably loot rights, etc)

Now, The next argument will be "But you can only use it for subscriptionszzz111!!!!

Yeah, but you can be 100% fucking sure that its opened up a "black market" for krono. You can probably find krono cheaper than what you can find it from the server store from illegitimate sources.

"But I don't use those sources so it doesn't matter to me!"
"Those people get banned!"

Yeah, and?
The market revolves around krono, the server prints krono, sells them to players. Some use them, some trade them, some farm like old *insert nationality here* gold farmers on WOW [and trade for krono]. Even if they DO get banned, the market is still fucked, server still gets their cash, and prints new krono. It's actually beneficial for the gold farm mentality to the server owners, because the small percentage of people that they catch and ban, the server is essentially refunding themselves the krono they inflated the market with, without having to give back the money that was originally paid for the krono.

Good for the bottom line, terrible game.
Shameless self quote from the mcdonalds thread

Not interested in a server that promotes RMT

aGenda
04-25-2017, 02:22 PM
What are augments and how exactly do they balance out casters and melees?

Kagey
04-25-2017, 03:17 PM
augs are inserted into gear and have specific 'type' slots. Range from +hp, +mana, +dmg +spell casting % dmg ect.

here is a tool to look at LDoN augs
http://www.cardplace.com/eq/ldon/list.cgi

Jimjam
04-25-2017, 03:38 PM
What are augments and how exactly do they balance out casters and melees?

They are items you put in your items so you can item your items while you farm your items.

Emmin
04-25-2017, 03:57 PM
They are items you put in your items so you can item your items while you farm your items.

A+ sir.

Speedi
04-25-2017, 05:10 PM
Main turn off for me is ZERO GM presence. You can basically train all day, and nothing will ever happen. Also there is no such thing as KS'n on a TLP server due to daybreak stating "everything will be a dps race". Which translates to "we don't have the resources to police our servers so your on your own"

Also as someone else stated, yes a lot of high end items will be camped in multiple instances for people to sell for Krono's.

Another thing that bothers me is the amount of hacks that are on live servers. Like someone said previously, nearly everyone used ShowEQ. Some also use MacroQuest as well. And before someone says that's is untrue because "MacroQuest dev's don't support the TLP servers" yes that is true, but that don't mean you can't write your own code for it to work on them. I know for a fact because a close friend of mine uses it on them.

TLDR, if you can sometimes deal with training, KS'n, and some people using hacks, then TLP might be for you.

Nuggie
04-25-2017, 06:49 PM
bidding my time until pantheon alpha. those of you that go to agnarr, please do enjoy.

shuklak
04-25-2017, 08:19 PM
Main turn off for me is ZERO GM presence. You can basically train all day, and nothing will ever happen. Also there is no such thing as KS'n on a TLP server due to daybreak stating "everything will be a dps race". Which translates to "we don't have the resources to police our servers so your on your own"

Also as someone else stated, yes a lot of high end items will be camped in multiple instances for people to sell for Krono's.

Another thing that bothers me is the amount of hacks that are on live servers. Like someone said previously, nearly everyone used ShowEQ. Some also use MacroQuest as well. And before someone says that's is untrue because "MacroQuest dev's don't support the TLP servers" yes that is true, but that don't mean you can't write your own code for it to work on them. I know for a fact because a close friend of mine uses it on them.

TLDR, if you can sometimes deal with training, KS'n, and some people using hacks, then TLP might be for you.

:confused:

EQsale
04-25-2017, 09:44 PM

100% why i would never leave p99 for that crap server

hummusguy
04-26-2017, 01:44 AM
agnarr is gonna be tite. we should have a p99 guild for sure. pm me if u want a pimp who #nolyfe4lyfe #eqismana

Lhancelot
04-26-2017, 02:11 AM
Well, thats disappointing, however the "instance" system might make up for it.

Right now I can't enjoy p99 at all because anything I want to solo is camped 24/7, making it very NOT fun right now.

Most people that claim this simply never go outside their usual common routine of camps.

I see people claim this in /ooc, and when you ask them what they are trying to do, and they say XP where it's not as crowded, as soon as you give them other options they make up lazy excuses as to why they can't go to those other spots for XP or loot etc.

These kinds of players typically are whining malcontents who want to magically log into the game, and have easy to access XP or loots handed to them on a silver platter.

If you want instant camps and easy to gain XP where you don't have to explore or do research on how to get it, I'd suggest trying another game that offers dungeon group finders and instanced dungeons because Everquest simply isn't that way, particularly on P99.

Swish
04-26-2017, 02:55 AM

I wasn't considering it but I'll just reconfirm here that P99 does classic EQ better than anyone else - no third party programs allowed, staff that care about the community and best of all a community that can't fragment off into their own instanced Norraths.

P99 for me folks <3

Canelek
04-26-2017, 12:53 PM
It is certainly very tempting. I think I will give it a whirl and see if this KS-fest is a real thing or not. Not having corpse runs may be an immediate deal breaker though. No challenge, no fun.

Curious to see if all the usual lazy spots are camped quite often: LFay Sisters, Treants, spire gnolls, etc. I suppose that will rely on $ itemization or experience modifiers/quest turn ins...

Speedi
04-26-2017, 01:40 PM
It is certainly very tempting. I think I will give it a whirl and see if this KS-fest is a real thing or not.

You don't have to take my word for it. Look here ...

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/432021/why-you-probably-shouldnt-play-eq-new-server/p2

They are talking about the TLP server Ragefire, but my issues (NO GM Support, KS'n, and Hacks) with the new TLP servers still hold water.

Canelek
04-26-2017, 03:01 PM

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/432021/why-you-probably-shouldnt-play-eq-new-server/p2

They are talking about the TLP server Ragefire, but my issues (NO GM Support, KS'n, and Hacks) with the new TLP servers still hold water.

Not doubting ya, just holding on to a sliver of hope that Agnarr is not a mess. We shall see I suppose...

Kanuvan
04-29-2017, 03:15 AM
Other than the map and the slightly higher regen for character classes not much is diffrent in the TLP, you can still wipe really easily and the challenge is still there, you can also bind via a NPC but you still need other players to teleport pre PoP

Also keep in mind this is a TRUE BOX server so bots are restricted completely and in order to run multiple characters you need multiple machines

snookers
04-29-2017, 03:58 PM
I'd suggest trying another game

Yes, exactly why he wants to play on Agnarr. What was your point?

Lhancelot
04-29-2017, 06:15 PM
Yes, exactly why he wants to play on Agnarr. What was your point?

My point is who cares.

shuklak
04-30-2017, 01:31 PM
Here's the biggest difference... over half a decade of mudflation.

Izmael
05-01-2017, 05:34 PM
No clicky GCD resetting on Agnarr. I'm not sure I wanna play a caster there, because of that.

skarlorn
05-01-2017, 06:29 PM
cool thing about p99 is there is actually a great core playerbase, always has been. there are some toxics for sure, but usually it's just someone having a bad day.

lots of fun to be found if you go out and interact :)

discordkitty
05-01-2017, 06:49 PM

So TLP requires that you pay DBG a subscription and you get no GM support. Am I right to assume that the other servers you can play on for free have GM support?

Hell they don't even have to hire GMs, so many people would do it for a free account ala the guide program.

shuklak
05-01-2017, 11:44 PM
So TLP requires that you pay DBG a subscription and you get no GM support. Am I right to assume that the other servers you can play on for free have GM support?

Hell they don't even have to hire GMs, so many people would do it for a free account ala the guide program.

You're not paying for the GM's, you're paying for a clean server.

letsdance
05-07-2017, 07:51 AM
cool thing about p99 is there is actually a great core playerbaselol the way the top guilds are camping the named mobs is the main reason why i have stopped playing on p1999 long ago (yes i know the situation because i know people who are still playing here).

i've played on brell serillis back then and we actually had working rotations for naggy/vox (giving you more than 24 hours for your kill) and a reservation system for planes (on your day the plane was yours!). it was great and you actually could plan things and didn't need a batphone just to see a named.

so much about a great core playerbase...

stormlord
05-07-2017, 02:27 PM
A big part of the old world is just the content--err nostalgia. That's why the progression servers survive at all. However, I always felt it was the gameplay makes it valuable. Without that, you just have very bad graphics and nostalgia. And that's what the progression servers are. A modern gamer might like hte gameplay more, but in the end nostalgia is the only thing keeping it going, since there're far better choices out there. I still think live is good for playing the modern EQ, but I don't think the progression servers are a good deal.

Where can you find the old EQ gameplay? It's very hard to find. THAT's why it has value.

These:
* no gps map or in-game radar
* high death penalty
* corpse runs
* no instances
* extreme class interdependence--hard to solo in general
* no fast travel except in special cases
* combat-based experience, as opposed to quest-based
* slow experience gains to max level (can require a lot of time to reach)
* mass kiting (swarms even)
* encumbrance from inventory/currency

It's hard to find because it's largely unpopular. However, it's not unknown for a few to want it.

Also OP, I revised your list with some of the other posts:

TLP servers don't use classic spell files like P1999
TLP servers have updated melee mechanics
Revamped zones are: Freeport, EC/WC, Ro, Nek and LS
Use revamped graphics for models, mobs and UI
Cash shop to buy kronos and purchase in-game items
No exp penalties, no hell levels, increased xp rates for leveling
Instanced raiding, and 'pick zones' which are basically dynamic instances spawned for certain zones based on population.
Bard swarm kiting is gone
Post mob/itemization revamps upon launch will be Splitpaw, CT, Fear and Hate. VP says original pop but no death restrictions.
No player corpses.
In-game map, including GPS
Coin has no weight.
Advanced loot system.
Augments are in on day 1 and there are augment vendors in cities to "balance the disparity between caster and melee."
Slightly higher regen
Requires subscription to play

stormlord
05-07-2017, 03:02 PM
I should mention you can buy 30 days of gametime with kronos. You can sell them to other players for plat.

IMHO, the best classic EQ had to offer is right here. If I were Daybreak, I would either be working on a new game, or I'd be creating a revamp of Everquest with some big expansions. I think the money is in the modern game, not in classic EQ.

I played on live in 2014. I did have some fun. I got two characters to 85+ for free with the heroic characters launch. I was levelling them myself (reached 70), but then the heroic character thing happened. So anyway I also played in 2010 and off/on since 1999. So what do I think of the modern EQ? It's ok. Goes without saying it's treadmill-ish. The whole group thing is still there. It's missing some things. I might argue the expansions have fallen in quality, despite the improved graphics. When you compare EQ to other modern MMORPG, it has many shortcomings. I think the leveling experience is disjointed, but that's usually what happens when a game is this old.

Want to repost this--it expain what the Agnarr server is and what to expect:
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/agnarr-faq-pop-locked-progression-server-coming-weds-may-24-2017.239813/#post-3527110

Shift
05-07-2017, 10:17 PM
Well if them guilds from p99 think they are will dominate, maybe so, but if you have the most hardcore eq raid guild on the lands of norrath for many years since TLP started your going to have a bad time,

The Faceless Order will take down all classic content first to engage.
in 32hrs they will be already 40+ by the 30hr mark.
all class content will first engaged and locked down from 72hrs of the server launched thing about it. until all their members are fully geared and have no use for the content then we shared a rotation with the up coming raid guild to be nice, fair to the rest of the people that was paying to play the TLP server.

I use to be a TFO so i know from Exp. If they dont go Agnarr well then might gotta deal with Twisted Legacy, and Modest Man btw these guys use bots, isboxer, far taunt, gm archor ability to teleport and bring mobs to the zone lines, and control heal.

With TFO we was all real players , just knew what to do.

Now if none of the 3 show up on Agnarr TLP you should be just fine, enjoying the classic content on a fresh start.

I wanna say good luck to you all,

my Guild VS will be Merging to Pantheon once we get a confirmation launch date in 2018.

Swish
05-08-2017, 02:27 AM

TLP servers don't use classic spell files like P1999
TLP servers have updated melee mechanics
Revamped zones are: Freeport, EC/WC, Ro, Nek and LS
Use revamped graphics for models, mobs and UI
Cash shop to buy kronos and purchase in-game items
No exp penalties, no hell levels, increased xp rates for leveling
Bard swarm kiting is gone
Post mob/itemization revamps upon launch will be Splitpaw, CT, Fear and Hate. VP says original pop but no death restrictions.
No player corpses.
In-game map, including GPS
Coin has no weight.
Advanced loot system.
Slightly higher regen
Requires subscription to play

I have to agree, the nostalgia really isn't there. The player base has changed considerably too, just one look at the Daybreak EQ forums tells the story. I for one am glad we have a good forum here.

coki
05-08-2017, 04:35 AM
/melody for bards ez peezy

demonstar55
05-09-2017, 03:39 PM
TLP servers don't use classic spell files like P1999, so I assume casters benefit from whatever updates/buffs/changes have been made to 1-60 spells over the years. Does this drastically change caster gameplay? Do casters get brand new spells or are their spell values just tweaked compared to what we'er used to on p1999? I read mages pets were OP but have since been nerfed for Agnarr.

There are some new spells, I know during RF/LJ/Phinny they decided there needed to be some more low level heals. A lot of classes also had their DOTs revamped. All pets are nerfed from their live version on TLPs. They get an unnerf in luclin I think (maybe at a different time, I'm not 100% sure) and are fully unnerfd once LDoN lands.

TLP servers have updated melee mechanics / formulas, so I assume this means they are way more powerful than they used to be in classic -- but again do the classes play exactly like they normally would 1-60, just more powerful? I've read monks fists formulas are OP.

I wouldn't say mechanics have really changed that much. Damage bonus has a new formula (buff.) Monk fist dmg/delay is nerfed, they should eventually unlock to their "OP" formulas, unsure if Agnarr will actually get there (I don't know what expansion they unlock in.) AFAIK the live damage/melee tables are in, which should be a bit of buff. Overall, you should be playing has you were in classic, just some buffs. Also auto-skills I saw someone mention unlock at level 61 I think.

TLP servers have out of combat regen, however this will be turned off for agnarr, so not an issue.

This is another thing that unlocks eventually (which I think agnarr will never see)

TLP servers have revamped Freeport, which apparently sucks

Yep.

Yep.

Cash shop isn't Kronos, but there is a limited amount of stuff you can buy.

No exp penalties, no hell levels, increased xp rates for leveling?

Yep.

I don't think bosses spawn in pick zones, but there will be Agents of Change you can request instances with.

Bard swarm kiting is long gone?

Yep.

Yep.

There is also using modern AC softcap rules, which are a pretty big buff from classic and when softcaps were first introduced.

Kich867
05-09-2017, 04:46 PM

TLP servers don't use classic spell files like P1999 -- That's fine?
TLP servers have updated melee mechanics -- I don't know what this means.
Revamped zones are: Freeport, EC/WC, Ro, Nek and LS -- That's fine, over half those zones were terribly designed anyways.
Use revamped graphics for models, mobs and UI -- Not ideal but whatever
Cash shop to buy kronos and purchase in-game items -- Same as above, I won't use it so I don't care
No exp penalties, no hell levels, increased xp rates for leveling -- This is a benefit to me.
Instanced raiding, and 'pick zones' which are basically dynamic instances spawned for certain zones based on population. -- Also a benefit to me.
Bard swarm kiting is gone -- I don't care.
Each class gets one home teleport to their home city once per hour. -- Also a benefit to me.
Post mob/itemization revamps upon launch will be Splitpaw, CT, Fear and Hate. VP says original pop but no death restrictions. -- I don't particularly care here.
Soulbinders in every city to bind melee. -- That's ideal.
No player corpses. -- Again, whatever, removes a very tedious portion of the game, so that's fine for me.
In-game map, including GPS -- Isn't terribly needed since zones aren't that complicated but whatever.
Coin has no weight. -- Again, whatever, that's fine. I don't have to constantly destroy copper/silver anymore.
Advanced loot system. -- I don't know what this means.
Augments are in on day 1 and there are augment vendors in cities to "balance the disparity between caster and melee." -- Augments are a horribly designed system but whatever
Slightly higher regen -- this is ideal.
Requires subscription to play -- This is less ideal but I'll certainly try it for a month.

I'm probably in the minority for P99, but most of those items sound like either benefits or irrelevant to me. I literally only play on Red for the XP bonus and uncontested camps.

Enderenter
05-09-2017, 04:58 PM
I played a lot on the last 2 TLPs (Phinny and Lockjaw/Ragefire) and have played a lot on p99. TLPs are Everquest, easy mode. They are classic only in terms of zones you are able to go to. No Manastones, no Rubicite, no Jboots from Najena - the only thing they did have was Guise. Far more out of era stuff is left in the game, than actual 'classic' stuff that was later removed is put in.

There's instancing in all non-raid zones, resist checks on TLP make it really easy to land spells even on white/yellow/red con mobs, etc etc. Basically, every class in the game is much more powerful on tlp, than on p99.

It's still Everquest, far more so than playing EQ on live with 20+ expansions, but it's definitely watered down from the classic EQ experience, which p99 has gotten so right in most ways.

mickmoranis
05-09-2017, 05:16 PM
I made it 4 words into the first bulletpoint to know there was as much reason to compare a pile of garbage to P99 as there was to compare agnrar or whatever this server is called.

Andos
05-09-2017, 05:39 PM
cool thing about p99 is there is actually a toxic core playerbase, always has been. there are some great players for sure, but usually it's just someone having a good day.
)

There we go, fixed it for ya.

Sancta
05-09-2017, 06:09 PM
Also keep in mind this is a TRUE BOX server so bots are restricted completely and in order to run multiple characters you need multiple VMs

FTFY

demonstar55
05-09-2017, 08:14 PM
FTFY

They detect VM usage.

shuklak
05-09-2017, 09:51 PM
I guess I might have to stay on p99 to see how the raid scene really is screwed up (almost 50) but, quite frankly, competition might be classic but all this talk about bat phone and racing doesnt fit my age bracket. Apparently killing Vox and Naggy (read: non velious, non kunark raid mobs) is very hard to do here. That just sucks to me...

Phenyo
05-09-2017, 09:56 PM
They detect VM usage.

Haha oh you naive summer child

Swish
05-10-2017, 06:59 AM
Someone wanna post prof either way? I think both of you are assuming they do/don't ;)