PDA

View Full Version : SoW Speed

HerdeDaWord
04-23-2017, 01:04 PM
I did a quick search and couldn't find anything on this, but i had a question about SoW speed on different people.

Here's my situation: I recently had to load P99 onto a different computer (its old and crappy but i don't think this plays into it), and I noticed that it seemed like my level 30 halfling druid was running slow when sow'd. Yesterday I met up with my brother (44 gnome mage) and i sow'd us both and we started trekking across SK. He was running much faster than me.

So i'm looking for any insight as to why he would be running faster than me. I'm not sure if i just don't understand the sow mechanics of if there is something wrong on my end.

Any help is appreciated.

loramin
04-23-2017, 01:05 PM
Are you walking maybe? It's easy to hit the wrong key and accidentally make yourself walk, and if you hide the panel with the run/walk button you won't even know. Also ducking can do the same thing, but it would be more obvious.

HerdeDaWord
04-23-2017, 01:10 PM
I had wondered if I was walking. I wasn't sure that was possible to switch back and forth from run/walk. Is it a / command to type in or a button somewhere?

Phenyo
04-23-2017, 01:20 PM
I did a quick search and couldn't find anything on this, but i had a question about SoW speed on different people.

Here's my situation: I recently had to load P99 onto a different computer (its old and crappy but i don't think this plays into it), and I noticed that it seemed like my level 30 halfling druid was running slow when sow'd. Yesterday I met up with my brother (44 gnome mage) and i sow'd us both and we started trekking across SK. He was running much faster than me.

So i'm looking for any insight as to why he would be running faster than me. I'm not sure if i just don't understand the sow mechanics of if there is something wrong on my end.

Any help is appreciated.

Encumbrance? I know fps effects levitate and having better hardware stops you floating down, maybe this effects sow also but it would be odd if it idd.

loramin
04-23-2017, 01:26 PM
I had wondered if I was walking. I wasn't sure that was possible to switch back and forth from run/walk. Is it a / command to type in or a button somewhere?

I think it's CTRL + A or maybe ALT + A to show the "abilities" panel (which IIRC is the one with the walk/run button).

Encumbrance?

Also a good suggestion.

Varren
04-23-2017, 04:45 PM
If your comp has multiple cpus, be sure youre running on just 1. When i was running on 2 it caused this problem, slowing me way down sowed or not

kelsoider
04-23-2017, 07:11 PM
Yeah I used to have this problem on my old pc. It's hardware related; can't remember what the fix was though.

Doctor Jeff
04-23-2017, 07:22 PM
Yeah I used to have this problem on my old pc. It's hardware related; can't remember what the fix was though.

Luckily, the fix is in the post right above yours.

Do people read threads before they post in them?

Ragain
04-23-2017, 09:10 PM
Luckily, the fix is in the post right above yours.

Do people read threads before they post in them?

no