PDA

View Full Version : Which Class?

P99Druid
04-22-2017, 11:16 AM
Having trouble deciding between leveling my 20 shaman up, or starting either a Mage or a Cleric and leveling it up. Plan to use a Red Dragon Tooth to level whichever character I decide on, but I'm not sure which to do. I honestly am leaning towards the shaman but it feels wasteful using the tooth on a character that is already level 20. On the other hand though, any character using the tooth is going to be level 20 within a couple hours anyway so I guess it isn't that big of a deal. Already have a 60 chanter and 47 monk, which of the 3 would go best with them?

hillgiantchamp
04-22-2017, 11:32 AM
Best with enchanted would be rolling cleric
Best with monk would be rolling shaman
Either one you play you can't go wrong. Goodluck

Vexenu
04-22-2017, 11:34 AM
Mage will feel super gimp all around if you're used to the Enchanter. Shaman is very similar to Enchanter, being a very strong soloer and grouper but mostly a buff bot on raids. Also hugely expensive to gear out. So I would vote Cleric. Can never have enough Clerics. They're cheap to gear, irreplaceable and provide a distinct playstyle difference from what you're used to.

Darkatar
04-22-2017, 11:41 AM
If you got cash to drop on teeth, you probably got cash to drop on a fungi and etc. Go shaman if you're not broke!

Tupakk
04-22-2017, 04:10 PM
Neither. Save your plat and buy the Essence. :P

Cleric.

Regulus77
04-22-2017, 04:40 PM
Whats a Red Dragon Tooth and how is it used for leveling?

mickmoranis
04-22-2017, 06:02 PM
What class do you like playing the LEAST but know you want a higher level one to do some task with?

use the tooth with that class I recommend.

I would also definitly use a tooth on a lowest level character possible, as leveling 24+ for a shaman is FUN but leveling 1-20 with virtually any class is monotonous and boring (unless you playing for the teens in crusbhone, but that zone so empty its not that fun anymore anyway and you wouldnt be trying to use a tooth in the first place.)

Yasi
04-24-2017, 08:15 AM
Whats a Red Dragon Tooth and how is it used for leveling?

1 charge item dropped by Lord Nagafen. It summons a Level 49 Necro pet. You will then send said pet around in a lvl 20-30 Zone and kill shit for you.

welly321
04-24-2017, 08:31 AM
1 charge item dropped by Lord Nagafen. It summons a Level 49 Necro pet. You will then send said pet around in a lvl 20-30 Zone and kill shit for you.

what if you go LD

Troxx
04-24-2017, 10:08 AM
what if you go LD

Then you're shit out of luck.

They say the overthere is the best zone to use it as you can go from like level 1 to 40s. Best to recruit the help of a higher level shaman or healer to heal and buff your pet so you get the best results.

-Catherin-
04-24-2017, 11:45 AM
Cleric. Get a friend with a dragon tooth to level up with, better to split exp with a friend than with your pet, and in a group pets wont take a share of it.

with two of them you can go for harder things and level up longer, i personally did Spirocs in TD.

Roll a cleric and have all of your buffs and heals already purchased so you can scribe them as you level up. this makes it even easier.

Caiu
04-24-2017, 12:03 PM
Definitely use the tooth with another person. Make them pull the mobs to you as "payment". I've used teeth a few times and the biggest bottleneck on xp is the pulling. You want to set up on a zone wall like 1-30 after that I would just venture out and kill stuff where it stood. This was using OT 1-45 over 16 hours was my most efficient run. Tola robe and two deadwood staves I believe is what I usually used to buff him up and provide a little in combat regen.

Seconding cleric suggestion. It's an awful class to level up but is extremely fun at max level. Not sure why it matters what your other toons are unless you're boxing.

Halius
04-24-2017, 12:17 PM
Ok so don't take this the wrong way as I do love playing my mage. However, if you have been used to an enchanter you will not be happy with a mage. The lack of CC/Pacify when trying to solo anything that is not outdoors is frustrating.

Also, if you are planning to level a mage, I mean really don't waste a tooth on them. You already have an OP fire pet (more so with a torch) that makes leveling pretty easy in outdoor/single pull areas. So really unless you have a specific reason for wanting to play a mage, I would second what others are saying. If you have such a great PLing tool like the tooth, use it on a class that may have a rough time at low levels, but is more fun at higher levels, like a Cleric. Just my personal opinion though.

Crede
04-24-2017, 12:53 PM
This is a tough one. You have to ask yourself what do you really want to do with your char when you're 50+, because that's when everything changes.

Personally after leveling an enchanter until 60 which was a blast, I haven't found any class remotely close to that level of fun grinding out the levels. I had an epicd jbbd fungi shaman and still quit him at 52. Soloing was pretty monotonous and I could only canni dance so much.

Are these you're only class options?