PDA

View Full Version : Question about experience gained from rezz

Kiwix
04-22-2017, 04:01 AM
I first posted this in the Technical forum but no reply so I'll give it a shot here.

Just some facts for starters:

I am aware of that experience penalty from dieing is calculated as 10% of the previous level gained. Aka at lvl 54 I would lose 10% of the experience gained in the previous lvl 53/54.

Now to my question:

Lets say I de-level from lvl 53 to lvl 50. From lvl 50 I will start to do some sacking to lets say lvl 46.

At lvl 46 I will then rezz up my old corpses (from when I was lvl 53, 52 and 51).

Would the amound of experience gained from the rezzes be calculated from the experience gained at lvl 53, 52 and 51 or from the level I am when the rezz is made, aka lvl 45/46?

The difference is huge, so I'd love to know before I plan when and how to do my sacking.

I hope it makes sence and thanks in advance.

loramin
04-22-2017, 11:27 AM
Not 100% certain, but I believe if you die in (say) level 50 you get the same amount of XP back (10% of 50%) whether you're level 48 or 52 when the rez happens.

I'm curious what you mean by "sacking" though: if you're referring to sacrificing yourself to make a soul gem you can't get resurrected afterwards.

Darkatar
04-22-2017, 11:46 AM
The reason people Delevel before saccing is because you can't sac at 60.

I think what this guy is trying to do, is die a bunch of times and stock up on "high level" bodies.

After stocking up on highlvl bodies, he will sac some lowlvl xp.

After saccing, he wants to rez those highlvl bodies, having effectively sacced XP from a lower level, using less total XP.

So, the question is, when someone is rezzed, is the XP calculated from the CURRENT LEVEL, --OR--, is it calculated by the CORPSE LEVEL?

I think the 4%loss base might be too big to make it worthwhile, but who knows without experimenting.

Kiwix
04-22-2017, 01:45 PM
The reason people Delevel before saccing is because you can't sac at 60.

I think what this guy is trying to do, is die a bunch of times and stock up on "high level" bodies.

After stocking up on highlvl bodies, he will sac some lowlvl xp.

After saccing, he wants to rez those highlvl bodies, having effectively sacced XP from a lower level, using less total XP.

So, the question is, when someone is rezzed, is the XP calculated from the CURRENT LEVEL, --OR--, is it calculated by the CORPSE LEVEL?

I think the 4%loss base might be too big to make it worthwhile, but who knows without experimenting.

Explained so well in other words. Thank you for that.

You might be right about the 4%. I thought about this as well.

However, still would be nice, for this woman ;), to know.