PDA

View Full Version : Do people buy batwings in GFay?

Kytross
04-21-2017, 03:43 PM
I haven't been out to GFay yet since I've been back. Do people still buy batwings there? I was going to go turn mine in at Felwithe for faction, but I might sell them off if the price is right.

eqravenprince
04-21-2017, 05:09 PM
There is a quest for batwings? Learned something new today. You can buy those at a vendor in Freeport. Someone needs to find out how many batwings it takes to get from level 1 to 60!

loramin
04-21-2017, 05:13 PM
I haven't been out to GFay yet since I've been back. Do people still buy batwings there? I was going to go turn mine in at Felwithe for faction, but I might sell them off if the price is right.

Yes and no. As eqravenprince noted most people buy their bat wings by the stack in the Freeport caster's guild. However, at the same time if a given caster happens to run out of bat wings and they're not near Freeport they'd probably love to buy some bat wings off you. The problem is finding that someone.

Personally I wouldn't bother hanging on to them, but depending on how badly you want the plat you may want to keep a stack on you and /auction them occasionally when you enter a new zone.

Someone needs to find out how many batwings it takes to get from level 1 to 60!
There are actually a few quests that just involve turning purchaseable items in (eg. the Neriak red wine quest). However they only give XP at low levels, so past that they're only good for faction.

Doctor Jeff
04-21-2017, 05:41 PM
Freeport caster's guild

That seems like 2 zones of wasted time, you can buy them in EC right on the WC zoneline.

Issar
04-21-2017, 05:57 PM
That seems like 2 zones of wasted time, you can buy them in EC right on the WC zoneline.

I know, right. Like who the f would go into a zone with a bank?

Doctor Jeff
04-21-2017, 05:58 PM

That's a good question.
Who would go to a town to resupply when you can resupply within 100 paces of most rings/spires.

Probably people that don't know where to buy their shit I guess.

Issar
04-21-2017, 06:00 PM

People will buy wings from players. I've sold them when my rooms were new and I'd rather give new players plat than vendors. There are plenty of others that feel the same way.

loramin
04-21-2017, 06:02 PM

:D

Issar
04-21-2017, 06:38 PM
Poor Doctor Jeff.

Kytross
04-21-2017, 09:48 PM
Well, if I ever get back online (work has been hectic lately) I'll see if people are buying. If not, Faction city here I come

Issar
04-21-2017, 10:08 PM
Well, if I ever get back online (work has been hectic lately)

I know the feeling man. One nice thing about this server is that it's not going anywhere and neither is the population.

Kytross
04-22-2017, 01:10 AM
So I got on tonight for an hour or so. Loaded up my bags in FP. Got to GFay and threw a few /auc's out. No one responded so I decided to turn them in myself. I got all of level 5 on my HFL Druid and I'm over 2 yellows into 6. Wow.

The best part is I'm making a profit. 4 batwings at 1 silver a piece nets me a spell that sells for 4s 7c. Not exactly world shattering, but I'm glad for it.