PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to change your Deity?

Dragonslayer
04-21-2017, 02:53 AM
Not sure if it was possible because I never thought to do it but can you change your Deity with a quest or something. Mainly can a Caz Troll shaman change to Innoruuk?

Sirken
04-21-2017, 02:56 AM
no, you can not :(

loramin
04-21-2017, 11:39 AM
There is a quest for it, but it's a rough one.

Store all of your Cazic shaman's gear on an alt or with a friend
Delete your Cazic-Thule worshipping character
Quickly (before anyone takes the name) re-create the character but worship Innoruk
Move the gear back
Level back up

It sounds bad, but as long as long as you do it before you are too high level it's actually easier than some quests on this server.

Aalderon Crystafire
04-21-2017, 12:25 PM

Quickly (before anyone takes the name) re-create the character but worship Innoruk
Move the gear back
Level back up

It sounds bad, but as long as long as you do it before you are too high level it's actually easier than some quests on this server.

Doesn't this quest cause a bug where you can no longer be seen on /who <name> ?

Darkatar
04-21-2017, 12:33 PM
I was really expecting something along the lines of
http://i.imgur.com/h2BuJwR.jpg

Zemus
04-21-2017, 01:05 PM
I suppose if you lose your faith.

loramin
04-21-2017, 01:06 PM

Never heard of that, but depending on your perspective I guess that could be considered a feature and not a bug ;)

Doctor Jeff
04-21-2017, 04:58 PM

No

Just facts
04-21-2017, 08:36 PM
would be a cool custom quest if it was possible.

loramin
04-21-2017, 08:46 PM

:) Totally, but I think it'd have to be multiple custom quests to do it right. I shudder at the thought of what Cazic Thule or Innothule would require of you to join their faith ...

Kytross
04-21-2017, 09:51 PM
:) Totally, but I think it'd have to be multiple custom quests to do it right. I shudder at the thought of what Cazic Thule or Innothule would require of you to join their faith ...

Killing a bunch of stuff for faction. I mean to prove your loyalty.

BirryDaKir
04-22-2017, 01:21 PM
what level is your shaman? the snare necklace does come in handy

aubie
04-22-2017, 02:48 PM

Move the gear back
Level back up

If you left a corpse of the original character, and then deleted that character from your account, does the corpse stay for the normal time in game or is the corpse deleted also? And if you were able to create a new character with that name, could you then loot that corpse? I'd guess no, but made me think.

aubie
04-26-2017, 01:01 AM
Tried today. Corpse gets deleted when character is deleted. Figured as much, but nice to know.

Amyas
04-26-2017, 09:14 AM
This would be amazing as a huge quest line for added content.

Also Alchm race change pots =P

maskedmelonpai
04-26-2017, 11:40 AM

this a cornerstone of my proposed EQ Liberated ruleset:

1. Freedom worship - global faith restrictions replaced with soft barriers provided by faction and quests.
2. Freedom of action - global class restrictions replaced with soft barriers provided by faction and quests.
3. Freedom of property - removed no drop loot tags.

skarlorn
04-26-2017, 01:56 PM

Glad we are on the same page with this sirken. It should be there... If only they had the time to make quest lines for changing deities!!

Expediency
04-26-2017, 02:33 PM

Make my diety prexus and you can reset me to level one or delete all my platinum or make expediency an indentured servant for a month. No price is too high to pay for the oceanlord