PDA

View Full Version : Gave it a go, Must quit.

Raindeth
04-20-2017, 08:33 PM
Back in the day, I played on Sullon Zek. Was a great time in the early expansions, so I thought I'd give Project 1999 a try. Before hitting eighth level, I've had no less than 10 players "pop" onto my location with a 3rd party hack program. This is why I quit in the first place. Not going to bother spending time grinding up to play with a bunch of cheaters. It's sad, really, but oh well. Enjoy yourselves.

Muggens
04-21-2017, 02:53 PM
?

loramin
04-21-2017, 02:57 PM
You sound very confused. Could these "popping" players possibly have gated, teleported, translocated, zoned or logged in?

I've played on this server for over a year and never once seen evidence of a single 3rd-party hack. Some people manage to get some stuff (eg. boxing) past the GMs, and if you know more about IT than Rogean you might be able to pull off something like ShowEQ (though I wouldn't bet on it). But as far as client hacks go, the dev team has worked very hard to make them impossible (or at least they've made them require so more effort that they're not worth the trouble).

P.S. Sullon Zek was the only Zek server I ever played on. Good times.

Samoht
04-21-2017, 03:02 PM
I'm pretty sure this was meant for the red forums.

Kich867
04-21-2017, 03:04 PM
Back in the day, I played on Sullon Zek. Was a great time in the early expansions, so I thought I'd give Project 1999 a try. Before hitting eighth level, I've had no less than 10 players "pop" onto my location with a 3rd party hack program. This is why I quit in the first place. Not going to bother spending time grinding up to play with a bunch of cheaters. It's sad, really, but oh well. Enjoy yourselves.

I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not. That's not what that is, it's just a weird glitch that happens occasionally when someone enters a zone.

They aren't teleporting, they're in the middle of zoning and don't have control of their character. Sick jump to conclusions though.

Qtip
04-21-2017, 03:16 PM

Can I have your forum account? You only made it to level 8 or I would ask for that to.

coldslaw
04-21-2017, 03:38 PM
This is a bug, not a hack. It actually works in your favor since you can con them to determine if they are a possible threat or not.

Troxx
04-21-2017, 03:42 PM
Part of what makes p99 so great is they do a fantastic job policing hacks that 3rd party software cheats are more or less unheard of here.

Izmael
04-21-2017, 03:45 PM
He might be referring to the ghosting bug on r99. It only benefits him for /con and bind sight purposes.

Doctor Jeff
04-21-2017, 04:38 PM
lmfao, this is not a hack, this is a bug caused by the anti-hacking system. The same system that breaks tracking players.

If you're going to ragequit after the first thing you don't understand, rather than trying to learn the mechanics of the server, I'm glad you're gone.

Edit:
This reminds me of a guy who came into the discord recently crying that his groups were always letting him die and not caring that he did.

Turned out he was pulling red mobs without conning them and wiping the whole group. Also turns out it happened once, not 6 times.

Expediency
04-21-2017, 04:51 PM
Ive played here since 2015. Never seen anything on p99 that looked like hacking/3rd party programs. Only once saw someone who i thought was boxing. They police both very well. Not sure what you saw

Doctor Jeff
04-21-2017, 04:56 PM
Not sure what you saw

read the other posts in the thread

Expediency
04-21-2017, 04:58 PM
read the other posts in the thread

I did read them and based on the evidence given no conclusion can be drawn.

Damn
04-21-2017, 05:10 PM
You sound very confused. Could these "popping" players possibly have gated, teleported, translocated, zoned or logged in?

I've played on this server for over a year and never once seen evidence of a single 3rd-party hack. Some people manage to get some stuff (eg. boxing) past the GMs, and if you know more about IT than Rogean you might be able to pull off something like ShowEQ (though I wouldn't bet on it). But as far as client hacks go, the dev team has worked very hard to make them impossible (or at least they've made them require so more effort that they're not worth the trouble).

P.S. Sullon Zek was the only Zek server I ever played on. Good times.

Sullon zek alumnists spending their time on blue

Gross

amitlu2000
04-21-2017, 05:23 PM
Can I have your stuff?

Pokesan
04-21-2017, 05:31 PM

have you played red? it only happens on red. happens often.

Doctor Jeff
04-21-2017, 05:31 PM

You clearly didn't. He was perfectly describing a red only bug that is caused by a red only custom anti-hack system.

Which is what all the other posts said.

Pokesan
04-21-2017, 05:37 PM
like i get it might freak you out at first, but when they never attack and usually vanish in less than 10 seconds, there's a smarter conclusion to draw than HACKERS!!!!

ok bye

loramin
04-21-2017, 05:44 PM
Sullon zek alumnists spending their time on blue

Gross

To be fair my main server was Bristlebane (blue), but I did play an alt on Sullon Zek (and a main on DaoC and a PvP WoW server). When the teams server comes out I'll totally make a toon on it.

But as for Red ... that's the gross shit. I never once got killed by a de-leveled fungi-wearing loser on Sullon Zek, let alone repeatedly while I was under level 10. I can't even remember seeing another team in my team's newbie areas (although I played more when the server first came out, so I guess that might have been a factor).

Kenzi
04-21-2017, 07:02 PM
TL;DR: OP got ganked

maskedmelon
04-21-2017, 07:07 PM
I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not. That's not what that is, it's just a weird glitch that happens occasionally when someone enters a zone.

They aren't teleporting, they're in the middle of zoning and don't have control of their character. Sick jump to conclusions though.

yeah it's a very common bug on red. it not a hack and actually help you by letting you con people when they zone in ^^

get back to it OP! (^。~)v

Transylvania
04-21-2017, 07:09 PM
There are multitudes of cheaters and general assholes all over p99. You saved yourself a lot of bullshit and time and trouble. Smart move. I'm done with this shit too.

Transylvania
04-21-2017, 07:11 PM
I login for 5 minutes and already had some guy in south to telling me he was there four hours and I need to "Move along" yeah I'm done with adult-diaper 99

Rivera
04-22-2017, 12:50 AM
Thread of the year and it's only in April

meadtj
04-22-2017, 06:04 PM
I call troll

Doctor Jeff
04-22-2017, 06:35 PM
I never once got killed by a de-leveled fungi-wearing loser on Sullon Zek, let alone repeatedly while I was under level 10.

I've never been attacked by a single de-leveled person on any of the 28 characters I've leveled to 50+ in the three years I've played on Red.

loramin
04-22-2017, 07:58 PM
I've never been attacked by a single de-leveled person on any of the 28 characters I've leveled to 50+ in the three years I've played on Red.

/shrug it happened to me when I was like level 3 in field of bone, mid-2016ish. Can't speak to your experience, just sharing mine.

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-22-2017, 08:43 PM
bye Felicia

Viper7
04-22-2017, 09:07 PM
later nerd

kotton05
04-22-2017, 09:35 PM
Thread of the year and it's only in April

I'd call it the thread of the month then

And somehow the title reminds me of OJ Simpson.

Jimjam
04-23-2017, 04:16 AM

So you're the one doing the gankings?!

(although I've not actually seen any fungus men or things like that for aaaages on red)

Doctor Jeff
04-23-2017, 11:03 AM
So you're the one doing the gankings?!

(although I've not actually seen any fungus men or things like that for aaaages on red)

I ported you to EK once, but that's it.

loramin
04-23-2017, 12:29 PM

Yeah; to be fair when it happened to me it was at least 6 months ago ... maybe now they're gone because there's no one left to grief?

But I still think it's a mistake for any PvP server not to prohibit (either at the game level or at the GM-enforced level) low-level ganking. PvP attracts griefers. You're never going to get rid of them, but you can make it impossible or at least very difficult for them to scare the new folks away.

Daoc, WoW, even Sullon Zek (early on when I played) all understood this; Red doesn't, and it's at least one factor in the low server pop.

Jimjam
04-25-2017, 11:02 AM
I ported you to EK once, but that's it.

I put a Jihad on you for innoruuk!

skipdog
04-26-2017, 02:43 PM
Wow this bug still exists? How many years has it existed now?

Holy cow. I hated this bug so much when I played on red.