PDA

View Full Version : 1007 people on blue atm

karsten
04-20-2017, 12:22 AM
most of you pals are waiting in line for something right now. You're reading this because you're in line for something and reading/watching something else.

146 people on red, and we've had some good fights over the last few weeks for things we want.

Do you want things? Do you want to fight some nerd who was sitting there on it for 8 hours because you have a job and they don't?

I don't have a huge dog in the fight, i'm not trying to actively add to our population, but hey, dudes, do you want to have more agency over the time that you spend playing video games?

come check out the madness on red

Novoselic
04-20-2017, 12:39 AM
i played for 10 mins and got to lvl 2 and quit because there was no one in steamfont

Trollhide
04-20-2017, 01:19 AM
I'm not trying to actively add to the population, this begpost just typed itself

branamil
04-20-2017, 01:30 AM
Having a server dedicated to an obscure and poorly balanced side feature of EQ is like having a server dedicated to.. fletching. Or poison making. About the same level of relevance as PvP.

Bones
04-20-2017, 01:30 AM
no freeport vision no pvp

know freeport vision know pvp

just playin, whats good mang

deezy
04-20-2017, 07:23 AM
most of you pals are waiting in line for something right now. You're reading this because you're in line for something and reading/watching something else.

Waiting in line to wake up. Posting this from mobile from bed. Too tired or lazy to actually get out of bed.

My whole body aches cause i just got over the flu. But, still less painful than red.

Jazzy
04-20-2017, 08:38 AM
Virgins detected

MavstabYoudead
04-20-2017, 08:52 AM
i played for 10 mins and got to lvl 2 and quit because there was no one in steamfont

because steamfont isn't a big xp zone. Go to gfay/crushbone.

Ravager
04-20-2017, 08:58 AM
most of you pals are waiting in line for something right now.

Or they are happily grouped and exping with socially well-adjusted folks.

Lhancelot
04-20-2017, 09:10 AM
I enjoy PVP on MMOs, I enjoyed PVP on eq1.

I started out on Red many years ago, and ran into maybe 3 other people at Kelethin the server was a ghost town. I never went back.

My desire to interact with people is higher than my desire to find an isolated PVP fight that most likely will be severely out of balance due to lvl differences, gear differences, etc.

That being said, GL with Red!

The only way I'd do Red is if I was a big time raider on Blue, and was in a guild that went. Then it would be worthwhile for the raiding aspects.

I am surprised in all honesty that no raiders do not go to Red, because with their knowledge of zones and raids they should be able to raid way more content on a fairly dead server that is holding so many raid targets like a fruit tree bearing extremely ripe fruits.

I guess the shadow of PVP hanging over the server is too scary for them, there's really no other reason why none have gone to Red.

Ravager
04-20-2017, 09:21 AM
I am surprised in all honesty that no raiders do not go to Red, because with their knowledge of zones and raids they should be able to raid way more content on a fairly dead server that is holding so many raid targets like a fruit tree bearing extremely ripe fruits.

I guess the shadow of PVP hanging over the server is too scary for them, there's really no other reason why none have gone to Red.
There's nobody on Red to be impressed by them. Standing around in EC Tunnel will get them killed instead of inspected.

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-20-2017, 07:57 PM
Red is the Aaron Hernandez of the p99 project.

Dead.

titanshub
04-20-2017, 08:06 PM
Having a server dedicated to an obscure and poorly balanced side feature of EQ is like having a server dedicated to.. fletching. Or poison making. About the same level of relevance as PvP.

Fletching server!!! Where do i sign up?

Chuck76
04-20-2017, 08:22 PM
I've had both positive and negative experiences there. For one, the red players seem far more helpful and generous than the blue server players. They really go out of their way to help people, eg: Andain. The down side is the handful of asses like smallmee, who ports new players to KOS druid rings, or Screen, some fungi tunic'ed raid geared lvl 18 warrior that instead of grouping with other people in unrest, will train and bind camp them. I loved pvp in live, and only played on pvp servers, but on a 100 person server, with 20-50 of them having raid geared twinks camped out in newby zones, it is like they are cutting their own throat. Frankly, they should consider finding a way to stop twink griefing. Maybe turn off pvp below lvl 50, or make pvp occur only every other week. Or put stat caps on players below pre 50 levels. Also, they have not coded out the post velious nerfs to casters needing LOS. On blue, it is a minor annoyance when casting on a wandering mob. On red it changed the game massively to help the usually twinked melles in dungeons. Even if a caster tries to fight a melle they just duck behind a wall to "dodge" the magic spell. I think there needs to be no LOS restrictions, melles already have casters trapped indoors and have a damage advantage in most situations. Give it a try though, do a /who all sanctuary and ask them to ask in their guild char if anyone is LFG. They really do try and help people level- basically the opposite of the raiders and their handful of twink griefers.

Rivera
04-22-2017, 12:53 AM
Having a server dedicated to an obscure and poorly balanced side feature of EQ is like having a server dedicated to.. fletching. Or poison making. About the same level of relevance as PvP. :eek: LMAO.

Swish
04-22-2017, 10:12 PM
If anyone reading this hasn't tried it they probably should.

If they have tried it and didnt give it much of a chance, they could consider trying it again <3

Teako
04-23-2017, 03:56 AM
If anyone reading this hasn't tried it they probably should.

If they have tried it and didnt give it much of a chance, they could consider trying it again <3

Consider that frankly red isn't fun, and the toxic community of the server is the only way they could somehow succeed in making the server worse.

Consider many people don't play red because it's not fun, not because they're ignorant.

Ivah
04-23-2017, 05:19 AM
I've had both positive and negative experiences there. For one, the red players seem far more helpful and generous than the blue server players. They really go out of their way to help people, eg: Andain. The down side is the handful of asses like smallmee, who ports new players to KOS druid rings, or Screen, some fungi tunic'ed raid geared lvl 18 warrior that instead of grouping with other people in unrest, will train and bind camp them. I loved pvp in live, and only played on pvp servers, but on a 100 person server, with 20-50 of them having raid geared twinks camped out in newby zones, it is like they are cutting their own throat. Frankly, they should consider finding a way to stop twink griefing. Maybe turn off pvp below lvl 50, or make pvp occur only every other week. Or put stat caps on players below pre 50 levels. Also, they have not coded out the post velious nerfs to casters needing LOS. On blue, it is a minor annoyance when casting on a wandering mob. On red it changed the game massively to help the usually twinked melles in dungeons. Even if a caster tries to fight a melle they just duck behind a wall to "dodge" the magic spell. I think there needs to be no LOS restrictions, melles already have casters trapped indoors and have a damage advantage in most situations. Give it a try though, do a /who all sanctuary and ask them to ask in their guild char if anyone is LFG. They really do try and help people level- basically the opposite of the raiders and their handful of twink griefers.

Fighting fungi twnks is just a learning curve. 90% of these guys couldn't hit box even if it guaranteed them to finally lose their virginity.

fan D
04-23-2017, 05:45 AM
I played on blue 16hours a day for about 4 years, had a couple BIS toons from VP etc...never thought i could start over on a 40pop server

but i did, and i havent gone back since.

If you find 'raiding' on Everquest fun, then god bless you. But most people shouldn't, and they don't.

what is the point of getting loot/upgrades on blue ? All of the content was finished on day 1, any item you get will not help your guild progress or your character. Nothing will change.

On red, you get to actually use the raid loot in pvp.

Also, half of the stats don't matter on Blue. Hp, AC, Str and Wis+Int are the only stats that matter on blue, you dont need resists for anything. Resists are the most important on red.

Red server makes everquest fun in 2017 because there are so many items and spells that are useless on blue but are a huge deal on red

try red and have fun again

Ivah
04-23-2017, 05:52 AM
I played on blue 16hours a day for about 4 years, had a couple BIS toons from VP etc...never thought i could start over on a 40pop server

but i did, and i havent gone back since.

If you find 'raiding' on Everquest fun, then god bless you. But most people shouldn't, and they don't.

what is the point of getting loot/upgrades on blue ? All of the content was finished on day 1, any item you get will not help your guild progress or your character. Nothing will change.

On red, you get to actually use the raid loot in pvp.

Also, half of the stats don't matter on Blue. Hp, AC, Str and Wis+Int are the only stats that matter on blue, you dont need resists for anything. Resists are the most important on red.

Red server makes everquest fun in 2017 because there are so many items and spells that are useless on blue but are a huge deal on red

try red and have fun again

This

Swish
04-23-2017, 06:42 AM
Consider that frankly red isn't fun, and the toxic community of the server is the only way they could somehow succeed in making the server worse.

Consider many people don't play red because it's not fun, not because they're ignorant.

Well aren't you a shining advert for the players people would like to find on the blue server? :/

Salaryman
04-23-2017, 10:34 AM
both servers are filled with losers just dont play

Aviann
04-23-2017, 02:14 PM
Red is horrible. Trash population. Trash people. Trash guilds. The whole community is a bandwagon full of people looking to grief you. Wanna know how I know? Because I tried red, and it was a waste of time.

Get outta here.

Ravager
04-23-2017, 04:24 PM
On Blue, you're not a target. On Red, you're a target. Most people don't really care to be targets in an elf sim.

I don't know why these Red people feel the need to constantly spam this forum with recruiting threads. Their server has a population that's stronger than most FPS games which is essentially what their server is; a poorly tuned heavily unbalanced FPS.

Ivah
04-23-2017, 04:36 PM
Red is horrible. Trash population. Trash people. Trash guilds. The whole community is a bandwagon full of people looking to grief you. Wanna know how I know? Because I tried red, and it was a waste of time.

Get outta here.
Sounds like you lost

Brut
04-23-2017, 04:44 PM
Last I tried red I just ran through good half of Antonica with not a person in sight.
If I wanna play a solo server and farm whatever, I can find lots of those on the server list.

Premaximum
04-23-2017, 06:27 PM
You're right that Blue is way overpopulated, but Red isn't the solution.

Aviann
04-23-2017, 06:42 PM
Sounds like you lost

More like i got tired of soloing, then got tired of watching all my pals I did eventually find get grieved off the server by a top heavy guild. There's no point in playing on red unless you go there with friends or you have some guild, which it becomes just as toxic as the blue scene is. But I mean... tell me I'm wrong. It took me three weeks to cap a toon on red. It was boring the whole time besides the few nights of getting pushed into a zoneline by a dozen people looking to ruin someones day.

Honestly, red is the garbage can of the p99 community... and I hope they all stay there, where they belong.

Ivah
04-23-2017, 06:51 PM
both servers are filled with losers just dont play

Psionide
04-23-2017, 09:13 PM
The only good aspect of Red is that you can box there while playing Blue. That being said, I haven't gotten past level 23. If I'm going to seriously reroll another char in an empty world I would do it on one of the luclin/pop boxes.