PDA

View Full Version : Losing buffs when zoning

Novoselic
04-19-2017, 09:57 PM
Ok I don't get this fucking game, I was told that when you zone under 20% hp you lose all of your buffs. I wasted all my mana making sure I was exactly 29% hp because I didnt wanna lose the C I got at EC now that I'm all the way at EK. I zone to drop aggro and Lo' behold, there goes all my fucking buffs. What the fuck? Can somebody explain this to me please?

tiadashi
04-19-2017, 10:05 PM
EQ happens

Maliant
04-19-2017, 10:11 PM
I think if you have a dot on you that will take you below 20% it removes all buffs to avoid zoning deaths.

Doctor Jeff
04-19-2017, 10:19 PM
It's not a set %, it's if you have less current hp than you receive from items+buffs. It's because the game loads your character, then your ear, then your buffs. This mechanic prevents you from splinching and coming out of a zone dead

If you're angry that you don't understand something, put some effort in and learn about what's happening.

Lowako
04-19-2017, 10:19 PM
I think if your HP when you zone is less than the HP you get from gear, you zone with stripped buffs because of how the game loads. I think it loads your dude naked first, the game thinks you're dead, you lose your buffs, your gear loads, the game realizes you're not dead. Not sure on the specifics, but I think I'm close.

Doctor Jeff
04-19-2017, 10:22 PM
EQ happens

I think if you have a dot on you that will take you below 20% it removes all buffs to avoid zoning deaths.

It's this way because of a dupe bug that can't be fixed.

These comments are wrong and I don't know why someone would post them

Maliant
04-20-2017, 12:02 AM

Sorry.

Novoselic
04-20-2017, 02:05 AM
It's not a set %, it's if you have less current hp than you receive from items+buffs. It's because the game loads your character, then your ear, then your buffs. This mechanic prevents you from splinching and coming out of a zone dead

If you're angry that you don't understand something, put some effort in and learn about what's happening.

that probably makes sense considering i have some hp items. thanks for the input

tiadashi
04-20-2017, 02:27 AM

I dont have an answer for the guy but i posted stuff happens (which it did) - who cares

P99Druid
04-20-2017, 06:58 AM
It has annoyed me quite a few times when it happens, but it is indeed better than zoning and being dead if that's the alternative here.

heyokah
04-20-2017, 08:38 AM
It's not a set %, it's if you have less current hp than you receive from items+buffs.

It's this.

Vidar
04-22-2017, 01:28 PM
Ive had the same problem on my shaman. He has lots of raw HP items. I zoned with 50% health but i had rabies and i lost all buffs.

Jimjam
04-22-2017, 05:22 PM
Ive had the same problem on my shaman. He has lots of raw HP items. I zoned with 50% health but i had rabies and i lost all buffs.

Over-twinked

Doctor Jeff
04-22-2017, 06:30 PM
Over-twinked

Or just geared?

Overtwinked is the 900 hp at level 1 my monk had.