PDA

View Full Version : Quillmane - A camp?

Lhancelot
04-19-2017, 09:05 PM
If you were running through SK, and someone /ooc for a CC, and some people proclaimed, "we have a group doing Quillmane," would you let them know if you happened upon Quillmane?

Or would you slay Quillmane even though people are killing PHs to spawn Quillmane?

Kindadar
04-19-2017, 09:16 PM
From my experience if you have all 3 spawns locked down AND someone killing the ph (takes 4 bodies), it is considered camped. If not all spawns are locked down, it is FTE.

I solo camp it a lot of the time and people come to sit on one of the spawns. It is just what I contend with. If more than one person comes, then I just hold off killing PH's till they go away.

Tupakk
04-19-2017, 09:19 PM
I was doing the Qeynos badge quest and we were waiting for the next investigator to spawn and caught a few quills by hermit. Got a cloak for my friend on the first quill and we called it out after that.

I agree if it's not locked down on all camps that it's FFA.

titanshub
04-19-2017, 09:50 PM
I think the policy should be don't be a dick. That being said I've seen people claim him as a camp while not killing the correct place holders or sitting on any of the correct spawn locations. That's probably why its FTE. GM won't typically give away game mechanics like that. I personally wouldn't contest someone on it. Just come back later because its open a lot of the time.

tiadashi
04-19-2017, 10:03 PM
I saw Quill and did an ooc Is anyone doing the Quill spawns - someone said yes so I told them where I saw quill

That being said if you see Quill and no ones around Quill you have every right to kill it

zanderklocke
04-19-2017, 11:02 PM
Does Quillmane make a sound if it dies and no one is around to hear it.

zanderklocke
04-19-2017, 11:03 PM
Remember when I made the Quide?

Booyah!

applesauce25r624
04-20-2017, 01:40 AM
we need LitigationQuest experts like Juntsie on this case

Jimjam
04-20-2017, 03:24 AM
Sometimes people claim they are camping her, yet she stays up for ages as they are not properly locking down her spawn points.

When I've camped Quillmane, especially when lacking numbers to secure all the spawn points, I've found it best to keep quiet about it. If people know she might be spawning they seem to be a lot more likely to keep an eye open to kill her for themselves.

Sadiki
04-20-2017, 04:24 AM
I think the policy should be don't be a dick.
If only this was GM enforceable.

Ravager
04-20-2017, 09:06 AM
From my experience if you have all 3 spawns locked down AND someone killing the ph (takes 4 bodies), it is considered camped. If not all spawns are locked down, it is FTE.

I solo camp it a lot of the time and people come to sit on one of the spawns. It is just what I contend with. If more than one person comes, then I just hold off killing PH's till they go away.
I did this one a few times on my druid for alts and guildies. Whenever other people plopped down on spawn points, it was kind of fun to stop killing, knowing they were just staring at air for no reason, and would be for quite some time after I left the zone. It was also fun, when I'd make the rounds to see if it was up, to see folks by the spawn points pointlessly killing calves and lionesses.

BirryDaKir
04-20-2017, 10:33 AM
I'm pretty sure quillmane is technically FTE, even if people have all camps locked down. That being said, it is kind of messed up trying to grab QM from people doing all the work killing the PHs

Neetas1320
04-20-2017, 10:46 AM
if someone is killing QM and you find him roaming you are pretty much doing them a favor by killin QM. If thats the case then someone isnt paying attention or they are in the wrong spot. so yea id kill QM and loot the cloak

Triiz
04-20-2017, 01:30 PM
I treat it as a camp. Quill doesn't spawn by it's self.

When I solo camped Quill for my bard I ooc'd I'd pay for the loc if anyone seen him. About an hour in pet track said he was up, A necro sent me a tell saying he spotted it, followed Quill while I ran over there, watched me kill and loot the cloak then refused payment.

In light of that, I would feel like a horrible person if I seen him up and stole it, knowing someone else was killing the PH's. So when I have stumbled across him I ask in OOC if anyone is killing Quill PH's then /tell them the loc.

With Zander's guide anyone can do the camp, so if people want the cloak they can kill PH's themselves.

Caiu
04-20-2017, 01:51 PM
Braknar told me it was FTE like 9 months ago. Same thing with Lucan. So while a group with each on a spawnpoint almost guarantees it someone really stubborn could rightfully kill it.

Sadiki
04-20-2017, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if GMs treat it as FTE, but jeez, if someone is putting forth effort to get something and you aren't, and you happen upon it by chance, stop being selfish and just notify them. They'll probably help you camp one too. People act so entitled it's ridiculous. It's EQ classic, go make a friend.

Lhancelot
04-20-2017, 04:04 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if GMs treat it as FTE, but jeez, if someone is putting forth effort to get something and you aren't, and you happen upon it by chance, stop being selfish and just notify them. They'll probably help you camp one too. People act so entitled it's ridiculous. It's EQ classic, go make a friend.

The flip side of the coin is often times people "camp" Quillmane and feel entitled to it, not helping others to get it as you say but instead offering their "services" for 10kpp.

So, honestly who is the selfish entitied ones here? Just saying there's two sides of the coin here.

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-20-2017, 07:43 PM
Quilmane is not rocket science. Got two cloaks paying plat to -- hmm, maybe zander was one.

3 spawn points + place holder killer. IMO, if you do not have a char at each of those spawn points, you are not camping quillmane. I mean, the potential spawn points are known with exact precision. If I cam across a quillmane, I would kill it, absolutely. It is not camped if its spawn points are not being watched.

tl;dr quillmane is a 4 person camp. Just ask xander or some other long time cloak campers if you are confused. They are more than willing to help in my experience.

What is YOUR fave spawn point? I'm quite fond of the spot south of the centaur camp. A small tree is the marker spproximately. Plus, Quillmane's wings make a kinda loud wooshing sound, so if you turn up your sound, it is pretty much impossible to miss if it has spawned.

Sadiki
04-20-2017, 11:58 PM
The flip side of the coin is often times people "camp" Quillmane and feel entitled to it, not helping others to get it as you say but instead offering their "services" for 10kpp.

So, honestly who is the selfish entitied ones here? Just saying there's two sides of the coin here.
If it's camped, it's camped. QM is usually available.

gummab
04-21-2017, 09:27 AM
Braknar told me it was FTE like 9 months ago. Same thing with Lucan. So while a group with each on a spawnpoint almost guarantees it someone really stubborn could rightfully kill it.

This.

Dick move though if you FTE while others are "camping it."

Sk00ba5t3v3
04-21-2017, 10:12 AM
This is what keeps me playing on Red...

Menden
04-21-2017, 11:07 AM
Here's the thing. If you have 4 people camping it that's fine and dandy. If QM pops and is up for a chunk of time roaming around and someone outside of your 4 gets FTE, don't be upset, you screwed up.. If you KS that person, guess who'll have their cloak removed and gets to take a 7 day break?

Darkatar
04-21-2017, 12:42 PM
Braknar told me it was FTE like 9 months ago. Same thing with Lucan.

How is a 7hour respawn, non pathing, no FTE message, non-variance mob, FTE? o-0 I've had the lawyer-questiest of folks see me sitting on lucan and just move on, or only stuck around to get the timer. Never once has someone tried to convince me it's FTE.

gummab
04-21-2017, 01:24 PM
Here's the thing. If you have 4 people camping it that's fine and dandy. If QM pops and is up for a chunk of time roaming around and someone outside of your 4 gets FTE, don't be upset, you screwed up.. If you KS that person, guess who'll have their cloak removed and gets to take a 7 day break?

That is fine if they snooze they loose.

The dick move is when you have three on spawn points while you have a one on PHs and some douche turns up and waits at a spawn trying to snag QM.(seen it happen,not often though.)

Ravager
04-21-2017, 01:43 PM
It'd be interesting to know how many Necromancers on this server have cloaks rotting in their banks just from camping Cents and Gnolls.