PDA

View Full Version : Returning Back New Magician Gear Help

gkmarino
04-17-2017, 07:44 PM
Hi, I've returned to p99 again with a blank character page. I currently have a level 12 Magician and was wondering what most important gear to get is.

Eventually it will be fun to get a robe, mainhand, offhand and helm. A lot of people say the focus items are super important. Wondering if anyone is available to spend some time in Nejana or CT gators to help get the focus quest pieces?

I have about 100plat saved but spells are getting more and more expensive. I was thinking of maybe trying to get the Crystalline Robes or the Crystal Shroud Robes.

Thanks for reading! Also willing to find people to group with!

-12 mage.

gkmarino
04-18-2017, 01:46 AM
name is Blizaga.. 12 Magician Dark Elf Inky but Agnostic.. not so down with Innoruuk's ways.. gotta live in the sun and breath the fresh air.. not so down with Menzoberranzan.. anyone seen Drizzt?

Pyrion
04-18-2017, 05:22 AM
Mage really doesn't need any items but focus items. Those need to be quested but all the components can be bought (mostly from players) since none are no drop. My mage at level 29 has almost nothing but them and is totally effective.

Kytross
04-18-2017, 10:22 AM
Welcome back! Live in your world, play in ours!

Issar
04-18-2017, 11:09 AM
name is Blizaga.. 12 Magician Dark Elf Inky but Agnostic.. not so down with Innoruuk's ways.. gotta live in the sun and breath the fresh air.. not so down with Menzoberranzan.. anyone seen Drizzt?

I just saw Drizzt last night. His friends were in grim danger and he was taking out a pack of Ice Giants on his own. I'm with you though, not to keen on the Menzoberranzan ways. However, that graduation "get together" between the schools sounds like a bit of fun.

While I believe mages are fine without gear as others have stated here and in many other threads, EQ progression is measured in levels and gear. And what mage do you know that doesn't want a robe and a spell book!? If I see you on, I may have a couple of items. I'll keep an eye out.