PDA

View Full Version : Default mob MR numbers? -MR possible?

SoekiWiz
04-17-2017, 10:57 AM
Hai,

Is there such a thing as a standard MR basis on merbs?

I know some are heavily more resistant than others. Some also cast self buffs or buff like-factioned buddies around them...

Does anyone know what regular resistance-wise mobs start with for MR?

Is it the same as PC's?

Can you have a mob with negative MR and/or does that matter for Enc charm MR checks? Aka -50MR in gear + tash.

Edumacate me pl0x.

Tankoos,

Soeki

yyrkoon
04-17-2017, 06:26 PM
ask your boxed mule

LOL

deezy
04-17-2017, 07:34 PM
ask your boxed mule

LOL

This isn't RnF

shuklak
04-17-2017, 07:58 PM
This isn't RnF

Furthermore, it's unlikely he would have the answer anyways.

Baler
04-17-2017, 08:25 PM
Without reading OP,. from my understanding the ""boss"" mobs you can't dream even to get them negative or zero MR/ any resist.

regular mobs we will honestly never know their resistances because private emu.. But some mobs are certainly possible to get to zero resists. else druids/necros/enchanters,... etc wouldn't be as dope as they are at charming. (ignoring charms that ignore resistances)

my 2 cents. But given the obvious break code you can't estimate or know their resistances,..

Going deeper I suppose you could calculate something Maybe,.. if you engage in a dual with a charmed mobs and calculated numberous encounters. But who is to say that, that code isn't different than pve.

Basicly,. get those resist down don't worry about the details,. Zerg, lower resists and win.

Evia
04-17-2017, 09:05 PM
I know I was selling those -10 MR shoulders from blackburrow to enchanters back in the day. They said they give it to charmed pets to make them easier to charm or to make charm last longer. No idea if they were correct, but that's what i hear.

Transylvania
04-17-2017, 09:10 PM
Mob resist chances are based heavily on level range to you, also. Anything within 3-5 levels lower than you - expect resists even if the mob is a normal MR mob. Whites and higher - expect resists most casts, except for a few spells like necro lifedraw-over-time.
And some mobs are 100% MR like black reavers.

Darkatar
04-17-2017, 09:14 PM
Mobs resistance is definitely impacted by the resistance of the gear they wear.

Anyone who has spent time farming tranix could probably tell you with good accuracy if he's going to drop a crown simply by the amount of resists they get. A malo'd tranix will almost never resist anything, but the same tranix would semi-reliably get 2-3 magic resists if it was wearing a +20mr crown.

Since players are capable of having negative resists, I would assume that mobs are capable of going into the negative as well.

Edit : worth noting that spells like any ENC tash or the 60sham/mag malo/mala are COMPLETELY unresistable, are capable of landing on magic "immune" mobs, and also capable of landing on mobs at range that would normally require belly casts (fire giants, etc)

Enc charm is a function of something like (Caster level + caster CHA)-(Mob level+Mob MR) = Reliability of charm.

Higher level, more charisma, and lowering the targets MR (and/or choosing a lower lvl to charm) reduces the chance per tic of charm breaking.

Nec/Druid charm functions identically but has no CHA check/bonus/penalty.

Bard charm is probably the same as enc, but I personally have no idea.

Troxx
04-18-2017, 01:20 AM
Afaik bard and enchanter charm mechanics are identical ... except that bard charm lasts 3-4 ticks max. Otherwise I'm pretty sure charisma works the same with regards to duration.