PDA

View Full Version : Guardian Robe

Xilu
04-16-2017, 09:09 PM
I have a Paladin, and my Paladin needs a robe, anyone successfully farmed a Guardian Robe?

Looking to i guess ruin my dragon faction just to play fashion quest. if anyone wants to join me you can park alts there to loot other armor drops.

Trelaboon
04-16-2017, 09:26 PM
Took me over 60 hours of farming time. I did it for my Warrior, using my Monk, and killed 9 mobs each cycle, It was pretty brutal. I tried doing it again for my Pally and just gave up.....was way too much of a time investment and I didn't have the patience to do it twice.

Harmonicdeth
04-16-2017, 10:26 PM
I witnessed this drive into insanity in the above poster....It takes a REALLY long time.

Cecily
04-16-2017, 10:42 PM
I think I got mine in like January. I started farming for it in may I think.

Xilu
04-16-2017, 11:03 PM
ok so this is not encouraging, but im not giving up yet.

1. any other robes a paladin can wear? obviously other than Robe of Azure Sky

2. how hard are these mobs? the wiki says lvl 37, but im reading other places up to 50? my poorly geared 52 paladin is all I have to farm with, that sound like it could work?

Caiu
04-16-2017, 11:43 PM
It took me over 6000 guardian kills to acquire mine. I began shortly after velious was released. That's the worst case scenario, you will most likely have seen yours before you pass 2000 kills. Key is to kill as many as possible per cycle. Four to eight guardians got me nowhere for a year but a couple months of 15+ per cycle netted me it finally. Best of luck paladin guardian robe is literally the statue of liberty and very fash.

Trelaboon
04-17-2017, 12:46 AM
ok so this is not encouraging, but im not giving up yet.

1. any other robes a paladin can wear? obviously other than Robe of Azure Sky

2. how hard are these mobs? the wiki says lvl 37, but im reading other places up to 50? my poorly geared 52 paladin is all I have to farm with, that sound like it could work?

You're gonna have a really hard time. The biggest problem isn't their level, or how much damage they do as it is the rate with which they regen. I first tried this on my Shaman and their regen rate was so fast it got really annoying....was just so much easier with my Monk.

As Caiu said though, it's like the must have item for fashionquesters in my opinion, especially if you're a class that doesn't have many robe options (Warrior, SK, Pally, Ranger all look especially awesome)

Swish
04-17-2017, 01:32 AM
"There's always a chance" and "Just a few more" are quotes you need to live by <3

Maschenny
04-17-2017, 01:57 AM
I got two in under 400 kills. Was looking for the guadians legs, which i never saw. I think the key is to be looking for something else

Nommis
04-17-2017, 02:13 AM
Got mine in like 700-800 kills last year. Gif related:

http://i.imgur.com/tVpmQBu.gif

kotton05
04-17-2017, 07:58 AM
"There's always a chance" and "Just a few more" are quotes you need to live by <3

Pretty much this I've seen a few go crazy with 1k kills in there with no luck. Poor souls.

Maliant
04-17-2017, 12:17 PM
Cant be nearly as bad as the Wurm Lord Shawl. 10k mobs and nothing.

Jimjam
04-17-2017, 01:28 PM
Omg you are still on that thing, Maliant?!

Sadiki
04-17-2017, 01:55 PM
I camped halfling mask on live for about a year before giving up. I think we can all agree that EQ is dumb.

Cecily
04-17-2017, 02:09 PM
I think I was about 3500 kills for my robe.

Found
04-17-2017, 03:12 PM
I camped halfling mask on live for about a year before giving up. I think we can all agree that EQ is dumb.

Dammit don't tell me that.. I MUST be a halfling...

Skew
04-17-2017, 05:15 PM
RNG but the drop rate probably averages out at 1 in 2000 from what i hear.

The best way to get this robe is give up. Then kill no more than the 4-5 Guardians when you pass through SS for w/e reason. Bind yourself there so when your guild is wiping on Emperor Crush you can knock out a few guardians whilst waiting on a rez.
If you head to SS to specifically farm the robe you'll do well to not go insane.

I got 2 robes without trying and 1 robe that required /q'ing for a while.

-my very first robe i looted on a woodelf ranger by accident , i thought i was on my wood elf rogue! Zero guise = zero point. Although if i was a high elf i would spend the time re-rolling a race that doesnt look like dogshit before worrying about looting a dress.

Murri
04-17-2017, 06:36 PM
I've seen guardian legs drop from quite a few different guardians. I don't think they are from a specific mob.

Transylvania
04-17-2017, 09:18 PM
I witnessed this drive into insanity in the above poster....It takes a REALLY long time.

But it's SUCH a cool melee item!

indiscriminate_hater
04-17-2017, 09:22 PM
I don't get it. What's the big deal about wearing a robe? Will anyone even care that you're wearing one or will they just mistake you for a wizard?

Lhancelot
04-17-2017, 10:24 PM
I don't get it. What's the big deal about wearing a robe? Will anyone even care that you're wearing one or will they just mistake you for a wizard?

There are two kinds of players on P99. The ones who understand Fashionquest, and the ones who do not.

Clearly sir, you are one of the nots.

Nommis
04-17-2017, 10:38 PM
RNG but the drop rate probably averages out at 1 in 2000 from what i hear.

The best way to get this robe is give up. Then kill no more than the 4-5 Guardians when you pass through SS for w/e reason. Bind yourself there so when your guild is wiping on Emperor Crush you can knock out a few guardians whilst waiting on a rez.
If you head to SS to specifically farm the robe you'll do well to not go insane.

I got 2 robes without trying and 1 robe that required /q'ing for a while.

-my very first robe i looted on a woodelf ranger by accident , i thought i was on my wood elf rogue! Zero guise = zero point. Although if i was a high elf i would spend the time re-rolling a race that doesnt look like dogshit before worrying about looting a dress.

This is the best advice. The robe I loot in my gif on page 2 was from randomly popping a couple off before parking out for Zlandicar.

radda
04-18-2017, 09:52 AM
All the gaurdian shit drops from the same mobs. I got every piece (legs twice) before robe. Looted it all on bard.

Jenithia
04-22-2017, 04:56 AM
I've been farming SS on my ranger for months and finally got one tonight. This is what it looks like on a DE druid!

Murri
04-22-2017, 11:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDEEKGUq-9Y