PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on a duo class with a druid

Kytross
04-14-2017, 10:22 PM
Hey guys, looking for a bit of advice. My buddy and I are going to be duoing once a week. He's planning on playing a druid. I was looking for advice on a good complimentary class.

What do y'all think?

Issar
04-14-2017, 10:34 PM
Do you want to play a caster or melee? Druids are quite versatile and complement most classes, so you will have a range of options.

Kytross
04-15-2017, 12:07 AM
I'm not sure. I played everything back on live, but that was over a decade ago.

I'm looking for suggestions. Experiences. Things people enjoyed playing with a druid. Maybe it will spark something.

Gustoo
04-15-2017, 12:46 AM
Max level, ultimate duo is enchanter and cleric

Most of game best rounded good times? Shaman and Monk

Other options? Really just think of anything fun

Just saw your buddy is a druid.

You should be an enchanter and let him heal you and buff pet. not as good as cleric duo but its still good.

Hueborn
04-15-2017, 01:35 AM
A Necro might be a good companion for a Druid. This would cleanup in outdoor zones. The druid can Track to find them, get their quickly with their spirit of wolf movement spell. They can Snare. The snare is much more reliable and long lasting than most the Necros early stuff.

So Fear kiting with snare, tracking them down, loading with dots, while the Necro pet beats them down. I'm pretty sure most of their DOTs work together, if not all. Druid can buff the necro pet and heal for skeleton Tanking type situations. Put a nice druid damage shield on the pet also.

These are also two of the best solo classes in the game,, so combined, even better.

Hueborn
04-15-2017, 01:49 AM
A Ranger might be a good companion for a Druid. They both have their nature loving ways. You'd have the best track in the game for outdoor hunting. You can reverse kite by staking dots on the mob and spamming snare. Have the Ranger beat on them. Harmony to single pull small camps. If you stick to animals you can fear kite to 60.

articnv
04-15-2017, 04:23 AM
u coudl do a druid and rogue - drudi snear and fear animals and rogue back stabs away

Budley
04-15-2017, 05:01 AM
druid and a necro

Tecmos Deception
04-15-2017, 09:21 AM
Hey guys, looking for a bit of advice. My buddy and I are going to be duoing once a week. He's planning on playing a druid. I was looking for advice on a good complimentary class.

What do y'all think?

I think the "strongest" options to duo with druid are enchanter and necromancer. Those duos can do just about anything, anywhere. Heals, buffs, mana regen, snares, lots of damage, ports, pulling, and much more.

Most things will work with a druid if you limit your expectations going into it though. Sure druid+rogue can wreck outdoor reverse kiting animals; but that's pretty niche to do every time you play. Sure a druid can heal a melee if needed, but you're not going to be duoing through dungeons like that. Sure a druid and a wizard can do crazy quads and burn stuff down quick, but then you'll be medding for 10 minutes after every 30-90 seconds of activity.

Kytross
04-15-2017, 09:33 AM
I think the "strongest" options to duo with druid are enchanter and necromancer. Those duos can do just about anything, anywhere. Heals, buffs, mana regen, snares, lots of damage, ports, pulling, and much more.

Most things will work with a druid if you limit your expectations going into it though. Sure druid+rogue can wreck outdoor reverse kiting animals; but that's pretty niche to do every time you play. Sure a druid can heal a melee if needed, but you're not going to be duoing through dungeons like that. Sure a druid and a wizard can do crazy quads and burn stuff down quick, but then you'll be medding for 10 minutes after every 30-90 seconds of activity.

That's a very valid, well explained point. I'm considering taking up the cloth class

Darkatar
04-15-2017, 09:42 AM

What do y'all think?

Dru+Enc, Dru+Nec are super strong choices.
Dru/Enc could take tougher stuff with charm/slow.
Dru/Enc would probably be a little bit "safer" with real CC instead of just root/fear/screaming terror.

Dru/Nec could probably farm faster in general, a necro can really lay down the DPS+charm when s/he doesn't need to worry about keeping snare on a mob, with druid regen rolling all day. Add in the fact that all(?) your nec/dru dots stack and it's a flexible combo.

One combo I think is overlooked is Druid/Mage
Druid roots+snares+harmony with a mage fire pet will take you to L46+ Lots of options for either chain-petting, aggro-kiting, or good old fasioned rounds of "heal the pet".
I could see this combo getting a little bit harder/less effective in the top end without slows, when summoners come into play, and the fire pet begins to suck, however.
There could be reliable options for aggro kiting with a backstabbing water pet at that point, But summoners are the bane of aggro-kite combos.

Munkh
04-15-2017, 09:48 AM
I'd go Druid / Necro, then second choice would be Druid / Rogue. Another options is Druid / Mage. Pet can tank, druid can heal, ds, regen, hp buff and mage can either chain cast pets or dd.

Darkatar
04-15-2017, 09:50 AM
I'd go Druid / Necro, then second choice would be Druid / Rogue. Another options is Druid / Mage. Pet can tank, druid can heal, ds, regen, hp buff and mage can either chain cast pets or dd.

I did a load of druid/rogue growing up on my druid, it just felt like such a waste to have the rogue go unhasted.

Kytross
04-17-2017, 05:22 AM
I ended up going with a Necromancer. We'll see how things go.