PDA

View Full Version : Mischief looking for talented fresh starters!

Mustaza
02-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Greetings!

Mischief is the brain child of several ex-raid guild leaders who now realize they have FAR less time to play than they used to and would rather spend it enjoying the game!

Mischief was started as a way for players new to the server to play with other experienced and mature players who now have real lives - children, wives, and jobs which consume the greater part of their free time. We wanted to create an environment in which we could all progress together at a relaxed pace and eventually claw our way back to the high end content we all know and love.

We are not about hardcore raiding, nor are we about numbers. Eventually, we hope to get to the top with our small group and through using skill over numbers, take down the big targets for big rewards. Currently we are raiding targets such as Phinny, Hate, Fear, Sky, SolB Giants, and more. If you are interested in seeing content from the beginning on, we are an excellent choice.

What to expect:
Nightly, Mischief averages 3 groups. We raid two nights a week, which tends to bring us up more towards 5 groups. This tight number allows us to tackle many fun targets while not trivializing content. Raids should be a challenge, not a mindless zerg fest. Members are active about helping each other, and lower members are constantly getting helped in order to catch up. If you are here at P1999 for the sights, sounds, and fun of your past and not for loot and power, Mischief may make a great home for you.

Recruitment:
As of right now, the majority of the guild is around levels 46-60. We have recently added a minimum level cap of 30 on new recruits. As mentioned earlier, we strive for quality over quantity in our members, so we won't be recruiting forever. Below is a list of classes with their respective need levels.

Bard: Medium
Cleric: Medium
Druid: Medium
Enchanter: Low
Magician: CLOSED
Monk: Medium
Necromancer: CLOSED
Ranger: Medium
Rogue: Medium
Paladin: High
Shadow Knight: High
Shaman: Medium
Warrior: Medium
Wizard: Low

About needs:
High: Probably seeking 3 or more.
Medium: 2 spots remaining.
Low: Looking for 1 more. Picky.
CLOSED: Closed temporarily.

Please don't let "low" stop you from applying. If you are interested in finding out more about us, feel free to post here or message one of our officers in game (Mustaza, Thashox, Tubroo, or Huffle).

For more information, visit out forums at http://mischiefguild.org

Thanks, and see you all in game!

Krimsin
02-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Shaman's aren't being recruited?

Thetruth
02-09-2011, 10:01 AM
Greetings!

Mischief is the brain child of several ex-raid guild leaders who now realize they have FAR less time to play than they used to and would rather spend it enjoying the game!

Mischief was recently started as a way for players new to the server to play with other experience and mature players who now have real lives - children, wives, and jobs which consume the greater part of their free time. We wanted to create an environment in which we could all progress together at a relaxed pace and eventually claw our way back to the high end content we all know and love.

We are not about hardcore raiding, nor are we about numbers. Eventually, we hope to get to the top with our small group and using skill over numbers, take down the big targets for big rewards.

In order to ensure that we all progress at the same time, each week we put up a "level cap" that nobody is allowed to pass on their mains. This ensures that the guild progresses at a relaxed pace that anyone can reasonably keep up with regardless of real life commitments and that the guild moves as one cohesive unit.

As of right now, the majority of the guild is around levels 8-12. with the current level cap being 15. We do accept higher level players but ask that you play an alt until the level cap has surpassed your own. As mentioned earlier, we strive for quality over quantity in our members, so we won't be recruiting forever. Below is a list of classes with their respective need levels.

Bard: None
Cleric: Low
Druid: Low
Enchanter: Medium
Magician: Medium
Monk: High
Necromancer: High
Rogue: High
Paladin: Low
Shadow knight: Low
Warrior: High
Wizard: Low

Please don't let "low" stop you from applying. If you are interested in finding out more about us, feel free to post here or message one of our officers in game (Mustaza, Clove, Rafaella, Halof, or Myraan).

Thanks, and see you all in game!

The truth is,

Great future is looking upon you. For if you seek the truth you shall prevail.

Mustaza
02-09-2011, 12:32 PM

Poo! Thanks for correcting that, we are actually actively looking for shamans at this time!

Zadrian
02-09-2011, 12:42 PM
I like how they don't even list "Rangers" hahah

Mustaza
02-09-2011, 05:32 PM
My apologies to all the rangers, I've fixed the typo. Every guild needs a few of you to soak up death touches, right?

john_savage1982
02-09-2011, 07:10 PM
I'm willing to bet that Mustaza is a bard

Zxcvdnm
02-09-2011, 08:22 PM
no need for bards? :(

Mustaza
02-10-2011, 03:02 PM
Sadly we're turning away bards for the time being. We may recruit more in the future but we don't want to skew our classes in any one direction too far as we are mostly grouping together and don't like to leave anyone out in the cold!

Asheron04
02-10-2011, 05:16 PM
I have been in Mischief from the start and we always have groups going to level. This is a good group to get in with. Very helpful and always a good time! If you ever want to talk about being recruited, shoot me a tell in game. The name is Noxtul. Also seek out Myraan. Happy hunting!

deensama
02-11-2011, 10:36 AM
I'd like to join if you let me, I'm level 4 Magician but I'll be progressing pretty quickly into the 8-12 range. Name's Deensama in game.

Mustaza
02-12-2011, 12:22 AM
Updated our current level cap & needs. We are still on high lookout for some fresh monks, rogues, and necros!

Zaes
02-12-2011, 01:40 AM
Since I'm still above the level cap I'll just chill til you guys catch up to the 20s

Marcalus
02-14-2011, 10:11 AM
I've just started a new gnome wizard (name of Morlar) and this guild sounds just about right for me (married with kids and a job and other things going on)

I played EQ back in 2001 and have done the MMO thing on and off throughout the years. My WoW guild is awesome, but I miss the days of Norrath so am looking to add this game to my belt.

I'll keep an eye out in game for you guys as well.

Thanks!

omegadot
02-14-2011, 02:10 PM
I am a brand new Monk named Trenyr. Currently L2 and unlikely to blaze through levels. I was a Bard back in the day, always loved grouping.

Asheron04
02-16-2011, 03:47 AM
^ Bump

Bearzerker
02-16-2011, 04:43 AM
Beastlords too?... but who plays that class anyways...;)

Mustaza
02-16-2011, 02:00 PM
Updated with new class needs, level cap, and minimum level.

erdnase
02-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Hey there I just started and am a level 1 mage. I like the sound of your guys guild and would like to join if able. I don't forsee it taking me to long to catch up to you all.

Thanks

Erdnase

Sethlen
02-18-2011, 10:58 AM
I grouped with a few of these members lastnight in uguk.

Great bunch of folks!

Ryoh

Frako
02-18-2011, 11:23 AM
lol im always at the level cap was 20 before now that you raised it im 25 :) 26 soon.

etplante
02-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Hey guys,

I just started on p99 this week and am currently playing a level 6 mage. Planning to switch to an iksar necro though once Kunark drops. I'm looking for an active guild that sticks together. Look for me in game as Morganth.

Mustaza
02-21-2011, 12:28 AM
I've tried to reach out to everyone! We have been incredibly busy over at Mischief. We have been dominating Upper Guk and beginning our Ro armor quests. This week we will most likely branch out to Sol A and Mistmoore as we approach 30.

We are still looking for mature players not interested in rushing to the top but rather are interested in the ride! Monks, rogues, enchanters, and wizards are a top priority, and we'd (mostly) like to add one or two of everything else!

casdegere
03-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Old EQ player here. I'm considering buying the game and playing. How would someone new fit into your outfit here? I enjoyed playing an Iksar Necro and a High Elf Enchanter.

Mustaza
03-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Hi Cas,

Most of us have only been here a few weeks - so I'd say quite well! We are asking that new members reach the 10th level before becoming tagged, although we've been known to bend the rules for folks who gel with our personality well.

We're all approaching 30 now, and will most likely by around 40 for the release of Kunark. We typically have 1-3 groups going each night of guildies, tackling Mistmoore, Sol A, and the like with all of us being in the 20-30 range.

Do keep us updated when you get in the game!

casdegere
03-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Mistmoore, the halfling lands right? Good fun! I have access to an old, used copy of EQ Titanium, would that work on this server or do you need a brand new, unused copy?

Mustaza
03-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Titanium works great. I've also updated class needs, level caps, etc for those interested!

Durham777
03-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Mistmoore, the halfling lands right? Good fun! I have access to an old, used copy of EQ Titanium, would that work on this server or do you need a brand new, unused copy?

Actually, you're thinking of Misty Thicket. Mistmoore Manor is in Faydwer and is the home of Mayong Mistmoore and his minions - directly opposed to the League of Antonican Bards (Typically touted as a 30+ dungeon).

Edit: And yes, you'll need a fresh install of Titanium, however it doesn't matter that you've used that copy for EQLive before - your registration number is not used for Project 1999. There are two threads you should look at prior to setting up for P99. I recommend you read here http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2651, and here http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28335&highlight=project+1999+setup.

Durham777
03-02-2011, 09:45 PM
Beastlords too?... but who plays that class anyways...;)

There aren't, and never will be, Beastlords (or Berserkers for that matter) on Project 1999. This is of course unless Rogean and the powers-that-be change their minds, but both of these classes, as well as the Vah Shir and Froglok races are post-Velious.

Project 1999 only means to implement the expansions up to and including Velious.

Baltros
03-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Hi,

Is there a Mischief website/forum for applications or do we just apply here?

I used to play EQ a few years ago on Morrell Thule server, and have recently started a Shaman on P1999 who has just ding'd 10. From the looks of this thread I think Mischief is my kind of guild.

Cheers,

Baltros

Lagaidh
03-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Hmm. This kind of guild sounds right for my wife and I. I know I personally fit the "used to be uber, don't have the time for that here" model of player. I've really been enjoying the ride.

However, I've almost exclusively duo'ed with my wife. I am a paladin, she is a druid. I played my paladin for 6 years on live (recreated nearly identically here - just no 61 base CHA this time) as a grouper, raid tanker/agro locker/agro kiter/off tank, time waster, trader and fool.

My wife played a raid cleric, she misses being a female dwarf with a beard, but has taken up the druid mantle quite well.

We currently are about a bubble into L33. We have leveled in spurts and stayed at a level for a while. I feel like with L35 around the corner, we're on a plateau at the moment.

I'm Lagaidh, she's Kythe. I thought I'd introduce us and see how it goes.

Ramma2
03-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Hello everyone, I just heard about Project 1999 within the last hour and let me tell you I cannot wait to get home tonight and jump back into EQ as I remember.

Of course that was 12 years ago and now I'm married and have 2 kids, so I don't think there will be any all nighters or skipping class just to fit in a few extra hours. I really like what I've read about your guild in this thread and am very interested in joining, and I'm even willing to roll my first character with what ever class you can use most. I'm fine with the level 10 requirement as it will probably take me that long to even remember how to play.

I look forward to seeing you in game!

Aesop Rob
03-08-2011, 03:52 AM
You guys sound great! I am only level 3 (soon to be 4) but once I hit 10, I will make sure to apply with my mage (which is my main).

Mustaza
03-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Hey all!

A quick update, Mischief's in-house level cap has been raised to 35 and soon will be pushed to 40! We are gearing up for Kunark and laying out our battle plans for the first few weeks. Now is the perfect time to join up with Mischief, as we are kicking it into high gear and you will surely want non-pick up groups to play through all the Kunark content when the trains start rolling through!

In other news, we are currently in high demand of tanks. If you are an experienced tank (hybrids included), have a great personality, and want to join to best damn guild on the server, look no further. If you are a bit lower and our current cap scares you - fear not, as we have several folks stuck at the cap happy to lend a PL hand.

Cheers,
Mustaza

dag86
03-11-2011, 04:21 PM
I would love to join your guild with my lvl 16 Rogue if that is possible. Is there a site to sign up?

Mustaza
03-11-2011, 06:07 PM
To Dag (and anyone else interested) - we're having a guild meeting tonight at 9PM EST in Ecommons. It would be a great opportunity to get to know us! Swing by and say hello!

Trelaboon
03-12-2011, 08:52 PM
I was interested in joining you guys with my 39 Necromancer, but it appears that you guys are full up on that class and not recruiting?

Haul
03-12-2011, 10:19 PM
I like how they don't even list "Rangers" hahah

rofl

shdwdrake8
03-13-2011, 05:22 AM
I'd like to pre-apply. I'm going to be playing once I finish getting the game set up and such. I know your min-level is 10 but I should reach that soon enough. I'm married and have a job and definitely appreciate your "mission statement." I plan on being a Magician. If I (somehow) manage to reach your level cap, I'd gladly start an alt of another "useful" class. I've led lots of player-organizations across various games and look forward to just being a random schmuck in a great group of like-minded people. I'll update my post or contact an officer when I finally get off the ground. Thanks!

Deww
03-13-2011, 07:14 PM
Hey all, this guild sounds just about my speed. I just started playing again after a few years off and am looking too resume semi-casual play. I've got a 13 rogue named Deww and may look to create an alt before long. Prior to this I played a 65 cleric, 65 pally, 40ish necro, ranger, rogue on various live and emu servers. I'm really looking forward to Kunark and would love to re-explore some of those zones (my favorite is Dalnir). My last foray into EQ was on Grand Creation and no one went to Kunark with all the PoP/Luclin zones...

Anyway, can someone let me know if you are interested?

Deww, 13th level Halfling Rogue

Mustaza
03-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Hi folks!

I've just updated our requirements. We recently raised both our minimum and maximum caps, as now that some of us approach 40 it will be difficult for level 10's to catch up to a groupable level in a short time. For those who showed interest before the swap, I'm happy to talk about special cases in game. Reach out to one of our officers: Mustaza, Myraan, Noxtul, or Shauena in game.

- M

Abikalea
03-22-2011, 01:57 PM
Mustaza, best guild leader ever!! Still waiting on our IP Expemption, grrrrrr so frustrating.

Abikalea
03-23-2011, 01:06 PM
O M G Me and Jazun so want to play on Friday for the Kunark event, sounds like a blast, lets hope they get our IP Exemption!!

Go Mishcief GO!!! Best guild ever!

Mustaza
03-23-2011, 07:38 PM
The Kunark event DOES look like a blast. Mischief has plans to take full advantage of it!

Mustaza
03-30-2011, 11:28 PM
Kunark is out and we've been super busy!

If you've been cruising around Kunark, you've probably bumped into a few Mischief. We've been tackling all the major dungeons, exploring Nurga, Droga, City of Mist, Kaesora, and more. Most of us are starting to enter our 40's, with the bulk of us in our high 30's. We've opened up needs to many classes, and are especially looking for good tanks and clerics. If you are looking for a super tight nit, real life friendly, mature (on occasion), skilled bunch of gamers - we're the guild for you!

For more information, visit our forums at http://mischiefguild.org/forums

shdwdrake8
04-16-2011, 02:21 AM
Bamp.

Mustaza
04-18-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm just going to leave this here :)

http://www.mischiefguild.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Phinny-Dead-041611.jpg

http://mischiefguild.org - That's right, we be raidin'.

Durham777
04-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Phinny. Pwned. :D

shdwdrake8
04-24-2011, 01:36 AM
To teh top...zor?

Mustaza
04-30-2011, 01:15 PM
Updated our needs and caps. :)

Visit our site at http://www.mischiefguild.org.

Mustaza
05-15-2011, 01:42 PM
Mischief is straight kicking ass. We are kicking into high gear for the summer, adding two weekly raid nights for our members to join in on. We've tapped into the planes, and are still raiding other old world content as well. With that, we are also kicking recruitment into high gear.

Bard, wizard, paladin, and shadow knight planar gear is rotting. Other gear is on its way out too. Now is an excellent time to join our ranks and get geared up, although if that is your only motivation for joining - please do not apply.

Mischief is extremely selective with recruits. We have a very tight knit player base, and we expect a caliber of personality above most other guilds. If community is paramount for you, you may be a great fit for Mischief. Please feel free to reach out to me (Mustaza) or any of our other officers in game.

shdwdrake8
05-16-2011, 10:30 PM
Bump for people who "wont invis tmo" (lol tags are fun)

Best guild on server imo. We're fun, friendly, and, as previously stated, don't invis TMO.

If you want a good casual experience but still want to see some higher-end content this is the place for you.

Tah
05-23-2011, 03:05 AM
I just joined a little less than a week ago and Mischief is awesome. We just rocked some Hate (hollah to Vesica Dei who was there as well <3) and came away strong. This is definitely the place for you, as said before, if you like a good laid-back time while experiencing raid content. We're not gung-ho about any rigid schedule for raiding or guild events - but we manage to get things done. Check Mischief out if this sounds like your piece of pie. ;)

Durham777
05-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Our numbers have been growing exponentially over the past few days. Apparently word about all the great things we're doing and the great gaming atmosphere that we provide has been getting around. Our fresh crop of 20-40s are poised on the threshold of joining our old hands in raiding content. The amazing growth has been an exciting time for us, and it would be cool for some more 20-40s people to join in and grow up in game together!

I'll be honest, I had to be worked on for a couple weeks before I decided to join Mischief myself back in my late 20s. I've been in casual guilds before on Live where nothing seems to get done, and people constantly leave to join the big guilds just when the guild seems to be on the cusp of greatness. Those guilds are NOT Mischief!

We are not a casual guild. We are a casual RAIDING guild. The "casual" means that when real life comes calling, we'll welcome you back with open arms if and when you do come back. No questions asked. Casual does not even remotely describe our professionalism, or approach to high end content. When we have the right people assembled, we go on the offensive with surgical precision!

We are all about attitudes and people who are the right fit! Skills can be taught, and levels can be raised, but bad apples remain bad apples for life. When we find the right kind of people, we devote our time to helping them learn the ropes in this tough world called Norrath. Let's face it - Verant and SOE were a buch of sadists when they designed EQ!

That being said, we coach, teach, and mentor our more inexperienced members even on raids. We do not expect you to sit in the back and watch. Because we tend to go in with smaller raiding parties than the "big" guilds will use, every member is an integral piece of the puzzle. So don't be surprised when you're the new monk on the block at one of our raids, and Tubroo turns to you and says "Follow me!"

That's my 2cp on Mischief. There's not a day goes by that I don't thank God I decided to join up after my deliberation was over!

Send Mustaza, Thashox, Huffle, Tubroo, Mahten, Myraan, Pumilio/Kywe, Shauena, or Noxtul a tell in game if you think this is what you're looking for. Or better yet, drop by http://mischiefguild.org/forums and tell us a little about yourself.

OneEyedJack
05-24-2011, 11:03 PM
It's going to be tough to top Thash's post, but here goes nothing! I also was a bit skeptical at first about the "casual" guild style at first. But Mischief knows how to get things done! We've tackled Hate and Phinny and there's no stopping there! I've never met such a tight group of individuals that welcomed new players with such open arms. Usually when I join a guild you have the "good ol' boys club" and then there's everyone else... This is NOT the case here. We open our guild to any willing to excel, learn, and help others. After all what is a guild if it's not willing to better its members?

To any hesitant lower levels. Never fear! We have alts and some fresh recruits in the low to mid level range ready for action! I personally am planning to host lower level groups once a week or so (I work really long hours, so we'll see if I can do it more often!)

Back to my origional point. If you're looking for a great casual raiding guild, or even a lower level looking to kick start your EQ experience Mischief is a great group of guys and gals that'll help you along your way. I guarentee once you join and start getting to know everyone, you won't even consider another guild.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Mustaza
05-26-2011, 11:13 AM
More awesome rogue gear rotting in the planes. Oh mature, fun, care-free rogue, where art thou?

linkmarem
05-26-2011, 04:07 PM
good job. i want new post mate. ;)

Mustaza
05-31-2011, 04:45 PM
Join us in the final frontier. Especially needed are rogues, clerics, wizards, and tanks. We're searching for our new warrior superstar!

http://mischiefguild.org/status.jpg

shdwdrake8
06-03-2011, 05:26 PM
We're recruiting a surge of people at lower levels so people can casually play together at almost any level range instead of just in the 50s. So feel free to join us if you want to share our environment, lvls aside. Plus... a lot of us are alt-ing it up too! We aren't a PL guild but sometimes people do get bored and pull an entire zone and let nubbies pick off mobs or stuff like that. =)

Also, to repeat what's been said... rogues and warriors could almost immediately be geared up... we're giving away your drops to other guilds and we just can't have that!

Mustaza
06-05-2011, 11:38 PM
Recruitment needs updated. Now only accepting 30+ recruits in open classes. Thanks!

olderj
06-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Hey guys. Even though we're not accepting new members under level 30, please don't let that discourage you from taking a look. We love to set up groups with like-minded players and wouldn't mind getting to know new recruits as you level up!

~huffle

Mustaza
06-13-2011, 08:29 AM
Ever dreamed of completing those Sky quests? We do too!

Mischief is now working on progressing through Sky. Why have your content and gear handed to you on a platter, when you can earn it and get a sense of achievement by doing it with good friends who are just doing it for the first time?

Mustaza
06-16-2011, 02:17 PM
http://mischiefguild.org/cry.jpg

Mustaza
06-23-2011, 01:50 PM
Updated recruitment needs. Looking to add a few more clerics, tanks, and melee to the team.

Mustaza
06-25-2011, 01:02 PM
The only thing you have to Fear is Fear itself. At least until Mischief rolls up and wipes the zone clean. :D

Mustaza
07-01-2011, 01:46 PM
We're now looking for some skilled melee classes with mature personalities. Rogues, Monks, Warriors, Paladins, SKs, and Rangers are all being considered if they gel well with the guild. If downing Planar mobs twice a week with a challenging small group while catering to RL needs is your cup of tea, check us out.

http://mischiefguild.org

olderj
07-09-2011, 10:08 AM
It's so frustrating seeing all of this planar melee gear rot!

~huffle

Reppy
07-12-2011, 11:36 AM
If you softskins need a monk i have a 47 nearing 48 ready to go from HoT just shoot me a tell or pm when you guys are gearing to go. Time in advance helps as well but not needed.

Mustaza
07-18-2011, 12:14 PM
We just had a huge wave of new folks join the guild, and we're currently reassessing our class needs.

Necros and Mages are currently closed. Many classes will only be accepting 1 or 2 more applicants for the time being. Tank & melee classes are still fairly open. We'd love another good cleric too.

shdwdrake8
07-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Friendly bump!

guineapig
07-18-2011, 08:52 PM
This is not Rants & Flames.

Gmal
07-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Valakut, thanks for the info but this isn't the place to talk about this. Mustaza and all the officers are very open to input and if you have any concerns or problems you should send it to them, not a public forum where we are trying to attract new members. If you edit your post to a friendly bump, so will I. =)

I took care of this. Thanks Guineapig. Some folks just cant live without the drama of it all. See me in Game if you want to discuss further.

Whit

Stormlight
07-20-2011, 12:05 PM
Mischief seems like the ideal guild for me, but I'm only level 9, so I'm just stopping by to say "Hello!" for now. I recently returned to EQ after 3.5 years, and played a paladin to 25 on a live progression server before I realized I wanted a more classic experience, so started up here a few days ago. Gaining levels is a high priority, so I'm likely LFG and soloing if no groups are available, but I also tend to go off on a quest occasionally. If there's still room for me when I'm a higher level, you'll certainly hear from me. In the meantime, if you have any alts that could use a lower level paladin for an adventure or xp group, I'd love it if you looked me up. *salutes*

Mustaza
07-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Hi Storm!

Glad you found us. We can always use another good paladin. Feel free to do a /who mischief and bug our alts about grouping. I'll keep an eye on you and please do reach out when you hit 30!

- M

Mustaza
07-26-2011, 05:35 PM
Our raiding abilities have exploded in the past weeks. We're now mobilizing and wrecking targets that we never thought possible before! Mischief has been growing silently in the night, and now it's our time to show the server who we really are. :)

Durham777
08-17-2011, 03:12 AM
Rescheduled - see below.

Durham777
08-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Mischief has had to reschedule our Gnome Race due to a competing Gnome Race scheduled by Taken. In the interest of doing what's best for the server, ours will be held at a later date - stay tuned.

Durham777
08-22-2011, 01:10 AM
Announcing, the RESCHEDULED first annual Mischief Gnome Race Invitational! We have been planning this event as a guild for a while now, and have recently decided to open it up to you, the friends of Mischief, to participate for fun, prizes, and everlasting glory! Come join in the epic struggle of Gnome against Norrath, Mischief style!

Prize pack has been increased! Now over 10kpp in total prizes!

Who: You and your brand new level one gnome.
What: A gnome race.
When: Sunday, September 4th, 6pm EST/3pm PST.
Where: Right in front of Ak'Anon.
Why: For fun and profit!

Prizes:
1st: 5kpp
2nd: 3kpp
3rd: 1kpp
4th: 500pp
5th: 300pp
6th: 200pp
7th: Spyglass
8th: +5% Fishing Pole, +3% Bait, and a paid air-fare fishing trip to anywhere in Norrath.

The objective of course is to be the first racer to get from Ak'Anon to Qeynos. This can be tricky, because as you all well know, a level one gnome can be simultaneously football and snack to most of Norrath!

I will release the gnomes (as my gnomish alter-ego Giselle the mage) from the starting point at Ak'Anon and receive them as Thashox at the finish line just in front of Qeynos.

Some of the rules, failure to comply may disqualify you from the prize:

-You must start with a brand new level one gnome. No twinking. Any Mischief officer reserves the right to /duel you to test your bind point or inspect you to check your gear.

-All racers will receive a guild tag prior to the start of the race for identification purposes. I will be forming a [MISCHIEF RACER] guild for this purpose. The guild tag must be up for the entire race - no /role, no /anon.

-No member of Mischief can give assistance to any racer at any time, except for designated race staff. This would be favoritism. Those guild members that are designated as race staff will have rules as far as how/where they give assistance (in the form of binds, buffs, gear) and you will usually have to complete some sort of task or answer trivia in exchange for this assistance. All race staff will be announced, to include their locations in Norrath and how their contributions work, prior to the start of the race so that everyone knows.

-You may request buffs-n-binds from other players. However, no money is allowed to exchange hands or be promised in payment for this. Buffs must be freely given. Doing this MAY slow you down while you wait, but may be of great benefit in the end - it's all strategy! Furthermore, if our raid staff determine that you have prepositioned buddies to help you out, and not the other racers, woe-to-you as you are disqualified. Let's make this an even and fair race for all! Use only the natural charisma your chosen deity gifted you with!

-Racers are NOT allowed to receive ports. We will be watching for this.

-Mischief officers may race, but are inelligible for prizes.

-Screenshots are highly encouraged! Send them to thashox@gmail.com

Basic Strategy (tips & pointers):

-As you can tell, this is a LONG race through very dangerous territory. It may be a good idea to take slight detours on your trip to get rebound as you go. This may take some time, but will pay big dividends if planned properly.

-Making that first boat out of Butcherblock is a BIG game changer. Don't get caught waiting for the second!

-DO NOT leave Freeport without a bind - you WILL regret it as you wait for the boat in Butcherblock again.

-Mischief will post a race staff member at the Freeport docks in order to offer binds in exchange for being the first person to correctly answer trivia questions. Trivia will continue until there is no one else left to bind (as reported from the BB docks after the last racers board a boat). You may choose to try your luck at getting a bind here, or strike out on your own. Choose the option that you think nets you the biggest advantage!

-In addition to reporting on members leaving on the boats, the race staff member at the BB docks will also be giving out fishing gear and other party favors to pass the time while waiting for the boat in exchange for quest-type tasks or trivia.

-There are two major routes you can choose (south through the Ro's looping up through South Karana; or west through the Commons heading through High Hold Pass). Each has their benefits and drawbacks. If you're an evil gnome (necro), don't even think about HHP, you'll never make it unless someone throws an invis on you. Others may have to wait for the orcs/gnolls to run the gate and attack the NPCs before they run through. This may take some additional time, but it's shorter than the easier route looping to the south. Then again, you could take your chances and surf the tide of gnomes rushing through HHP. You don't have to be the fastest gnome, you just have to be the last one to draw aggro! Binding at Rivervale is recommended if you mean to try this method.

-I wouldn't advise spending time rebinding in Faydwer - just focus on making that FIRST BOAT!

-Recommended Bind Locations (North Route): Freeport, Rivervale, HHK, NK Gypsies.... Damn those Karanas are long!

-Recommended Bind Locations (South Route): Freeport, Grobb, Oggok, Arena, NK Gypsies.... That's it!

-As you can see, the home stretch across the Karanas is the longest - come prepared by that point.

GOOD LUCK!

Nedala
08-25-2011, 12:11 AM
Announcing, the RESCHEDULED first annual Mischief Gnome Race Invitational! We have been planning this event as a guild for a while now, and have recently decided to open it up to you, the friends of Mischief, to participate for fun, prizes, and everlasting glory! Come join in the epic struggle of Gnome against Norrath, Mischief style!

Prize pack has been increased! Now over 10kpp in total prizes!

Who: You and your brand new level one gnome.
What: A gnome race.
When: Sunday, September 4th, 6pm EST/3pm PST.
Where: Right in front of Ak'Anon.
Why: For fun and profit!

Prizes:
1st: 5kpp
2nd: 3kpp
3rd: 1kpp
4th: 500pp
5th: 300pp
6th: 200pp
7th: Spyglass
8th: +5% Fishing Pole, +3% Bait, and a paid air-fare fishing trip to anywhere in Norrath.

The objective of course is to be the first racer to get from Ak'Anon to Qeynos. This can be tricky, because as you all well know, a level one gnome can be simultaneously football and snack to most of Norrath!

I will release the gnomes (as my gnomish alter-ego Giselle the mage) from the starting point at Ak'Anon and receive them as Thashox at the finish line just in front of Qeynos.

Some of the rules, failure to comply may disqualify you from the prize:

-You must start with a brand new level one gnome. No twinking. Any Mischief officer reserves the right to /duel you to test your bind point or inspect you to check your gear.

-All racers will receive a guild tag prior to the start of the race for identification purposes. I will be forming a [MISCHIEF RACER] guild for this purpose. The guild tag must be up for the entire race - no /role, no /anon.

-No member of Mischief can give assistance to any racer at any time, except for designated race staff. This would be favoritism. Those guild members that are designated as race staff will have rules as far as how/where they give assistance (in the form of binds, buffs, gear) and you will usually have to complete some sort of task or answer trivia in exchange for this assistance. All race staff will be announced, to include their locations in Norrath and how their contributions work, prior to the start of the race so that everyone knows.

-You may request buffs-n-binds from other players. However, no money is allowed to exchange hands or be promised in payment for this. Buffs must be freely given. Doing this MAY slow you down while you wait, but may be of great benefit in the end - it's all strategy! Furthermore, if our raid staff determine that you have prepositioned buddies to help you out, and not the other racers, woe-to-you as you are disqualified. Let's make this an even and fair race for all! Use only the natural charisma your chosen deity gifted you with!

-Racers are NOT allowed to receive ports. We will be watching for this.

-Mischief officers may race, but are inelligible for prizes.

-Screenshots are highly encouraged! Send them to thashox@gmail.com

Basic Strategy (tips & pointers):

-As you can tell, this is a LONG race through very dangerous territory. It may be a good idea to take slight detours on your trip to get rebound as you go. This may take some time, but will pay big dividends if planned properly.

-Making that first boat out of Butcherblock is a BIG game changer. Don't get caught waiting for the second!

-DO NOT leave Freeport without a bind - you WILL regret it as you wait for the boat in Butcherblock again.

-Mischief will post a race staff member at the Freeport docks in order to offer binds in exchange for being the first person to correctly answer trivia questions. Trivia will continue until there is no one else left to bind (as reported from the BB docks after the last racers board a boat). You may choose to try your luck at getting a bind here, or strike out on your own. Choose the option that you think nets you the biggest advantage!

-In addition to reporting on members leaving on the boats, the race staff member at the BB docks will also be giving out fishing gear and other party favors to pass the time while waiting for the boat in exchange for quest-type tasks or trivia.

-There are two major routes you can choose (south through the Ro's looping up through South Karana; or west through the Commons heading through High Hold Pass). Each has their benefits and drawbacks. If you're an evil gnome (necro), don't even think about HHP, you'll never make it unless someone throws an invis on you. Others may have to wait for the orcs/gnolls to run the gate and attack the NPCs before they run through. This may take some additional time, but it's shorter than the easier route looping to the south. Then again, you could take your chances and surf the tide of gnomes rushing through HHP. You don't have to be the fastest gnome, you just have to be the last one to draw aggro! Binding at Rivervale is recommended if you mean to try this method.

-I wouldn't advise spending time rebinding in Faydwer - just focus on making that FIRST BOAT!

-Recommended Bind Locations (North Route): Freeport, Rivervale, HHK, NK Gypsies.... Damn those Karanas are long!

-Recommended Bind Locations (South Route): Freeport, Grobb, Oggok, Arena, NK Gypsies.... That's it!

-As you can see, the home stretch across the Karanas is the longest - come prepared by that point.

GOOD LUCK!

is this ever going to happen? Id suggest you post it in server chat if it really happens, cause only few people check guild section regulary. I would definitely take part in that event, it sounds awesome.

Only thing id do different is the whole buffing thing, i would just make every racer a PK so they cant get buffs at all. I have personally tried to run qeynos - kelethin on a lvl 1 char without sow and its not even that hard. (except highpass where i had to wait for someone to invis me)

Anyway, looking forward to it :)

Durham777
08-26-2011, 01:33 PM
It is still going to happen.

I know it's not super difficult - if you're paying attention. I wanted to keep attendance down to those people that would check this section - especially with the fiasco we had last time we tried to run it (the server broadcast was a little counter-productive).

As far as the PVP thing, I'm really trying to avoid the whole griefer scenario that assaulted Taken's race last week. I would like it to be fun, and I know if I don't make them PVP, I can't keep them from buffing, but at least I can watch the guild tag to keep them from porting. It's the delicate balance between fun and fair that's so hard to achieve.

I look forward to seeing you out there!

-Thashox out

Tah
09-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Bump for great Mischief! As an update, we're open to all levels and classes now. We've got a lot of 20s and 30s on their way up to raid level, so anybody in that range will have plenty of people to group with. Mischief's been ripping up Hate, Fear, and the Hole lately.

Tah
10-23-2011, 11:47 PM
Shameless bump. We're always looking for mature, chill people that just want to have a good time in EQ without sacrificing RL. All classes and levels are welcome to apply. :)

Jackyll
11-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Are you guys in any way related to any of the "Mischief" guilds currently playing in Wow? Particularly on the Scarlet Crusade server?

I used to be in that guild on that server ... but I left that wretched, soul-sucking game not long ago, to join my buddy here, and relive my EQ experience ... and I'm loving it. I don't have the time I once used to have to devote to playing, due to family and work (which come 1 and 2 for me), but getting back into it. Only level 18 atm, and considering looking for a good home that could use me. I maxed out a Beastlord (never again) prior to WoW launching, but missed out on much of the old world from lvl 30 up (due to PL'ing), so trying to capture some of what I missed now.

I would have to consult with my friend (who is a solid EQ Veteran and Player, and owns a 20 Shammie and 40+ Druid), but potentially both of us would like to join y'all, if there is room.

- Jackyll
(19 Necromancer)

DorcasSilverthreads
11-04-2011, 10:58 AM
I have one question - how euro friendly is Mischief?

Lico
11-05-2011, 01:04 AM
Just installing the game, but definitely looking forward to taking part with Mischief. Are you doing anything on the PvP server?

Vermicelli
11-05-2011, 04:05 AM
Are you guys in any way related to any of the "Mischief" guilds currently playing in Wow?

We are not involved with guilds in any other games at the moment, but some of us are very much looking forward to the release of Diablo III.

I have one question - how euro friendly is Mischief?

Our members are on at all hours of the day. The most of us are probably on between 3PM and 12AM CST (should be 9PM and 6AM GMT, if I am not mistaken.) Like I say though, check for us at all hours.

I am personally fond of all the languages and foods of the European continent :)

Just installing the game, but definitely looking forward to taking part with Mischief. Are you doing anything on the PvP server?

Very few of our members have expressed interest in Red99. We tend to be super casual about our EQ time.