PDA

View Full Version : boat to Kunark

Manontroppo
04-11-2017, 09:58 AM
Waiting for ages for boat to Kunark at BB dock. Is it sailing?:confused:

jolanar
04-11-2017, 02:57 PM
Unfortunately, boats run twice as slow here to ensure that you don't fall off in the middle of the ocean.

Issar
04-11-2017, 03:24 PM
I've recently done some cursing, this week. I think the only boat I haven't been on is the Odus route. They all take a really long time.

Sorn
04-11-2017, 03:41 PM
the BB shuttles to Kunark currently do not work, I believe. They are bugged.

Jimjam
04-11-2017, 04:30 PM
Replacement bus service is provided by the Barrel Barge on ogre island. From there you need to transfer to Freeport and use the ships provided there.

Alternatively you can swim south west in Timorous Deep and use the room full of teleporting firepots under the spire there.

Whirled
04-11-2017, 04:38 PM
Boats out of commission? Could this be a DaP scheme to rake in profits?

Jimjam
04-11-2017, 05:26 PM
The big boat works, its just there is a DAP druid quadding the shuttles in BB.

Tupakk
04-11-2017, 05:31 PM
As people have said the boats don't work as well as they should.

Yes we have blown them up...

Ask anyone in DaP for a double Port through skyfire and you will land right that the OT ZL. From there you can pretty much go anywhere.

Or

DL.

Or

Double EJ will drop you at FoB.

Dealers choice.

Manontroppo
04-11-2017, 07:01 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I took the Barrel Barge and jumped off before OT to swim to the Tele Towers. After swimming for half an hour (!) finally got there only to FALL through the tunnel in the middle of the spires and died. Is there any way to safely get through that tunnel to the Firepots without falling? Or was I hit by the mob there (dragon Faydedar)and didn't realise? Anyone else had this?

loramin
04-11-2017, 07:11 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I took the Barrel Barge and jumped off before OT to swim to the Tele Towers. After swimming for half an hour (!) finally got there only to FALL through the tunnel in the middle of the spires and died. Is there any way to safely get through that tunnel to the Firepots without falling? Or was I hit by the mob there (dragon Faydedar)and didn't realise? Anyone else had this?

It's very unlikely Faydedar was up; dragons have a half-life of 0.5 seconds on this server.

More likely you just dropped in to the fireports room with low health. If you're really low-level then levitate is your only option, but I would think most levels could survive that fall (it's not that far) at full health.

Jimjam
04-12-2017, 03:12 AM
I am sorry to hear that manon.

If you are still online I can try get a cleric over to rez you?

In the future when you need to fall I suggest doing everything you can to maximise your frames per second (turning down clip plane, turning off sky, plugging in your laptop and setting it to high performance). Doing this greatly reduces the fall damage you take.

If you are making a fall you don't think you will survive try /q just before you land. When you log back in you will begin your all at a safer height and be more likely to survive the fall.

Manontroppo
04-12-2017, 04:12 AM
Of course! Stupid me! I was attempting that trip with a lvl 1 mage in order to test whether I could do it later on with my lvl 11 main (for a quest). No wonder I died in the fall! Thank you for explaining that to me.

Jimjam
04-12-2017, 04:21 AM
Ah, sounds like it was a junk alt, so no harm done?

Manontroppo
04-12-2017, 04:37 AM
Indeed, no harm done. It was, as you say, a 'junk alt' - appropriate term, never heard that one:D Thanks!