PDA

View Full Version : How do I get my wife into EQ?

kelsoider
04-10-2017, 06:57 PM
Looking to transition a portion wife time into eq time. Any suggestions? Atm wife will only play Mario Cart for limited periods of time. I'm looking to transform her into a poopsocking legbeard champion, or the closest approximation to.

Furthermore, how does everyone deal with wife aggro?

Tupakk
04-10-2017, 07:00 PM
Strap her to a chair. Force her to watch.

Works for aggro as well

teai
04-10-2017, 07:04 PM
I realized I had a special kind of autism when I talked the game up for days, while the IP exemption went into effect, gloriously pathing out our awesome duo and how its a great RPG and you like RPGS ect.

She got stuck in a tree after getting frustrated at how long it took to get going/getting lost, eventually got to lvl 6 then just said, " If the rest of the game is just doing this over and over with better gear I am out "

We fought then I had to sleep downstairs but it was that double xp weekend a while back so didnt care

Vilkata
04-10-2017, 07:12 PM
Looking to transition a portion wife time into eq time. Any suggestions? Atm wife will only play Mario Cart for limited periods of time. I'm looking to transform her into a poopsocking legbeard champion, or the closest approximation to.

Tell her Brad Pitt plays here.
Then tell her im Brad Pitt. Running low on nudes this year.

kgallowaypa
04-10-2017, 07:58 PM
Have her batphone and when she gets pissy lead her to one of the guild threads. Then it will all come full cuckold circle.

Victorio
04-10-2017, 10:00 PM
Make the same race with cute names. She has to start with the right character for her. Mages are good since they have pets to boss around and they're really simple to play. Get her lots of jewelry and various robes for different styles.

Kaight
04-10-2017, 10:48 PM
She only plays Mario Kart and you have any hope at all for her to play this game? I admire your optimism.

Sorn
04-10-2017, 10:52 PM
Meanwhile, on another board...

Subject: "How do I get my husband into real life?"

Kaight
04-10-2017, 10:55 PM

lol

Valakut
04-10-2017, 11:01 PM
if you go into RnF and seek out the sage advice of the top raiders on the server they will likely suggest cuckoldry. i don't really see how it can work though it would only serve to ruin your relationship and also your own joy for the game.

sezaru
04-10-2017, 11:42 PM

Nuggie
04-10-2017, 11:51 PM
Bribe her. If you try this for me I will try X for you. Your choice of X. Fair amounts of time.

then you get to decide if her playing with you is worth whatever hell she decides to put you through.

Issar
04-11-2017, 12:19 AM
Don't do it. If it's a successful endeavor, you're going to have make your own sandwiches and you won't have anyone to bring you hot pockets or clean socks...

aaezil
04-11-2017, 12:26 AM
You will become a filthy casual - or she will leave you. Good luck friend. Godspeed.

Bones
04-11-2017, 12:58 AM

haha you win the thread

Spyder73
04-11-2017, 09:01 AM
One day you will wake up early and walk into your living room and your wife will be naked video hosting Detoxx and Breaken - She will say she only did it for the pixels, but then she will leave your guild and start raiding with the big dawgs. Much shame will fall upon your name and in the end you stab yourself through the heart with a samurai sword. Don't let it come this, run away while you can.

Lhancelot
04-11-2017, 10:14 AM
One day you will wake up early and walk into your living room and your wife will be naked video hosting Detoxx and Breaken - She will say she only did it for the pixels, but then she will leave your guild and start raiding with the big dawgs. Much shame will fall upon your name and in the end you stab yourself through the heart with a samurai sword. Don't let it come this, run away while you can.

This 100%. ^

Do not introduce your perfectly sane and healthy wife to this game.

My god, what's up with all the addicts coming to the forums of addicts asking how they can make their loved ones addicts?

Just stop this already, it's sickening!

Swish
04-11-2017, 10:18 AM
Send her to red server, she'll love it ^^

fadetree
04-11-2017, 10:52 AM
Ask Airhead, his whole family plays, including the dog! They are working on the goldfish but there's an equipment issue.

Jimjam
04-11-2017, 11:13 AM
Indeed, she's gonna be a great racer!

Aesop
04-11-2017, 11:56 AM

Roll on red, introduce her to Drybone. He leads the resistance on red and will take her under his overdeveloped wing.

Lifebar
04-11-2017, 12:38 PM
how does everyone deal with wife aggro?

My wife agro vanished entirely when she divorced me. Food for thought ;)

Phenyo
04-11-2017, 12:43 PM
u gotta get her hooked on hard drugs then cut off supply unless xp goals are met

100% you get divorced within 3 years if ur trying to get ur wife to play this dumpster fire

jackd104
04-13-2017, 10:12 AM
It would probably be best if you both do not fall down the rabbit hole together. "Wife aggro" is likey a good thing that keeps many of us from throwing our lives away.

Lhancelot
04-13-2017, 10:56 AM
It would probably be best if you both do not fall down the rabbit hole together. "Wife aggro" is likey a good thing that keeps many of us from throwing our lives away.

There's a saying... "Misery loves company."

Lagaidh
04-14-2017, 01:51 AM
She only plays Mario Kart and you have any hope at all for her to play this game? I admire your optimism.

This is the essence of the whole issue for you Op.

Sorry.

Swish
04-14-2017, 02:38 AM
{Mario Kart}. Not all that different really when it comes to raiding.

lol

Azelle
04-16-2017, 12:37 PM
Atm wife will only play Mario Cart for limited periods of time.

First problem I see here: Mario Kart,
second problem: limited periods of time.

From a women who played EQ, UO, Asheron's Call and the like; I don't think your wife is into the kind of dedication needed in old school mmorpg's. She's looking to have fun from time to time not to enjoy a virtual life.

You would have better luck playing Mario Kart with her but I salute you trying to show her EQ! sometimes it works, it did with my son.

How you deal with wife agro is having a gamer wife! Same with BF/GF aggro actually. Otherwise point out how much time she passes doing this or that and relate it to your gaming time.

Cazlo
04-16-2017, 04:37 PM
No idea how to get her to play. If she's anything like my wife there isn't a hope in hell.

The best way to reduce wife agro is do a shit-ton of house work/cooking. She isn't going to bitch much if you cleaned the whole house and made dinner. Also, making some of your play time after she goes to bed is a wise choice. Just don't lose too much sleep and be tired and cranky during the day because that will widen her agro radius a decent amount. Another option is get up about 3 hours before her and get some play time (see tired, cranky issue).

It's quite a juggling act but it can be done! Good luck adventurer.

ridiculousmoose
04-16-2017, 04:48 PM
I guess this is one way to fish for a divorce...

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-16-2017, 07:46 PM
This is one of the great unsolved quests in the game. Good luck.

Cylock
04-16-2017, 08:10 PM

Don't do it. If it's a successful endeavor, you're going to have make your own sandwiches and you won't have anyone to bring you hot pockets or clean socks...

Both of the above posts was great! More please! :)

Send her to red server, she'll love it ^^

But I gotta say this one here is the winner! Come on over to red99, when she gets angry she can just take it out on another player, or even better YOU! :)

Ahldagor
04-16-2017, 11:51 PM
Have you seen Gone Girl? Are you sure you want total wife-immersion?

Floraline
04-27-2017, 02:55 AM
I tried to get my husband into EQ since I was a long time vet. His first MMO was world of Warcraft. I finally guilted him into it, he made it to level 2 and I could see how unhappy he was, so I let him log. I leveled that chanter I started with him to 60, though!

Squabbles123
04-27-2017, 10:31 AM
While us dudes can get gaming satisfaction from just camping a spawn all night, your wife might be more interested in the SOCIAL aspects of the MMO.

If you have a guild, get her talking with them, get her talking with people besides you in general, we all know how friendly this place is overall so she should enjoy that.

You hook her socially, you let her make a friend or two in game, she'll be a lot more likely to play with you.

Just a suggestion.

Amyas
04-27-2017, 12:39 PM
Both of the above posts was great! More please! :)

But I gotta say this one here is the winner! Come on over to red99, when she gets angry she can just take it out on another player, or even better YOU! :)

I am debaiting starting a pvp alt with my wife this weekend lol.

Salamarr
04-29-2017, 10:28 AM
No idea how to get her to play. If she's anything like my wife there isn't a hope in hell.

The best way to reduce wife agro is do a shit-ton of house work/cooking. She isn't going to bitch much if you cleaned the whole house and made dinner. Also, making some of your play time after she goes to bed is a wise choice. Just don't lose too much sleep and be tired and cranky during the day because that will widen her agro radius a decent amount. Another option is get up about 3 hours before her and get some play time (see tired, cranky issue).

It's quite a juggling act but it can be done! Good luck adventurer.

Effectively managing your line of sight also helps reducing wife agro. Move your PC into your clothing closet and disappear for a few hours a day. Also put headphones on to reduce the effectiveness of her verbal taunts and threats. If you are caught, then you must feign death, it's your last option at that point.

Skinned
04-29-2017, 10:44 AM
Make the same race with cute names. She has to start with the right character for her. Mages are good since they have pets to boss around and they're really simple to play. Get her lots of jewelry and various robes for different styles.

Listen to this man, he is very wise.

Jimjam
04-29-2017, 10:51 AM
Effectively managing your line of sight also helps reducing wife agro. Move your PC into your clothing closet and disappear for a few hours a day. Also put headphones on to reduce the effectiveness of her verbal taunts and threats. If you are caught, then you must feign death, it's your last option at that point.

You can also fake having an affair ('work late' in the office to play, take 'business trips' on the weekend and so on).

Murri
04-29-2017, 11:37 AM
Also if you spawn a child you can make them farm plat.

Cecily
04-29-2017, 12:39 PM
How do I get my boyfriend into heroin?

Jimjam
04-29-2017, 01:30 PM
or should you be asking how can you get heroin into your boyfriend?

turbosilk
04-29-2017, 01:33 PM
The only men that get wife agro get it because they don't wear the pants. The only fix is to do what she tells you when she's home and play when she's not because at this point you no longer know how to wear pants.

aaezil
04-29-2017, 01:36 PM
You don't *deal* with wife aggro. She is either as hopelessly addicted as you and thus can't complain - or your marriage will come down to the game or her.

Lhancelot
04-29-2017, 07:20 PM
The real question is not how to get your wife into EQ, but rather how to get EQ into her.

mickmoranis
04-29-2017, 08:39 PM
heh i used to date a girl that was into WOW and so i installed eq to see if she would like a better game... the look on her face when she saw it told me that I need to leave that stupid bitch.

Lifebar
05-01-2017, 08:25 AM
You don't *deal* with wife aggro. She is either as hopelessly addicted as you and thus can't complain - or your marriage will come down to the game or her.

alexnoshinku
06-10-2017, 02:18 AM
ha,
My husband just set me down and asked me to try it....started with my enchanter learning slowly (he bought me all my starting gear to help me out) and since then I've been hooked :o
Love this game!! <3

skarlorn
06-10-2017, 02:36 AM
literally every post in this thread is 100% correct
except OP, who should be ashamed!

kelsoider
06-10-2017, 10:05 PM
Wait, what? Why should I be ashamed ?

skarlorn
06-10-2017, 10:07 PM
i take it back

but this game is very addictive u may not want to actually get ur partner addicted to something which ruins ppls lives

Caiu
06-10-2017, 10:14 PM
^ he speaks truth

this game can really twist you into something evil

alexnoshinku
06-11-2017, 12:39 AM
i take it back

but this game is very addictive u may not want to actually get ur partner addicted to something which ruins ppls lives

^^^^ That moment you fight with your partner because they killed you while you two were duoing or they think they can play your character better than you and get you killed XD the truth in this is so real

Braelyn
06-11-2017, 01:17 AM
Was thinking to trying to get my wife into eq too. If I do beat the odds, what would be a good class for her to use to compliment my paladin? Leaning towards mage right now.

Caiu
06-11-2017, 01:25 AM
Shaman

wwoneo
06-11-2017, 02:46 AM

If she's only able to sit still and play mario kart games for short periods of time, then I would conclude she's a highly energetic person or has ADHD.

My conclusion based on the information you have provided is to get her to smoke weed first! That way she becomes a chilled out tunnel visioning poopsocker like the rest of the unemployed poopsockers on the server.

Good luck in your attempts to get her addicted.

Ennewi
06-11-2017, 02:57 AM
reskin norrath as super mario world. gnomes = toad, iksars = yoshi, trolls = bowser, humans = mario/luigi, skulking brutes/shiverbacks = donkey kong, tunare = princess peach.

alexnoshinku
06-11-2017, 04:30 AM
Was thinking to trying to get my wife into eq too. If I do beat the odds, what would be a good class for her to use to compliment my paladin? Leaning towards mage right now.

Shammy or a Cleric, me and my husband have a pally/ cleric duo, a bard/enchanter duo, and an enchanter/ cleric duo.

Transylvania
06-11-2017, 04:32 AM
Duo a shaman plus whatever other class you like

kelsoider
06-11-2017, 08:51 AM
If she's only able to sit still and play mario kart games for short periods of time, then I would conclude she's a highly energetic person or has ADHD.

My conclusion based on the information you have provided is to get her to smoke weed first! That way she becomes a chilled out tunnel visioning poopsocker like the rest of the unemployed poopsockers on the server.

Good luck in your attempts to get her addicted.

Problem with that is once she smokes weed all she wants to do is fuck...
I mean which is great but I really feel like it's what you had last... pixels or sex

Eldini
06-11-2017, 09:00 AM
if you really love her, set her free