PDA

View Full Version : No boxing -- will there be people to group with?

rapalabrowns
04-08-2017, 03:06 PM
How do you level up without boxing on such a small community? Soloing in EQ is absurdly difficult, without boxing how are people leveling up here?

Tankdan
04-08-2017, 03:16 PM
It's not a small community, which means dozens of people in each popular leveling zone.

Old Sebilis, CoM, Mistmoore, Oasis of Marr, etc all have 15-40+ people in them often.

Tupakk
04-08-2017, 03:30 PM
How do you level up without boxing on such a small community? Soloing in EQ is absurdly difficult, without boxing how are people leveling up here?

Be good is the simple answer.

Qeynos is less populated than Freeport which is what I assume you picked for your starting city.

Mirakk82
04-08-2017, 03:50 PM
Soloing in EQ isn't that bad, if you're the right class. Honestly the reason I keep coming back to EQ is every game since has been deathly afraid of letting people kite for some stupid reason, and it's a fun play style.

But yeah, the server is populated to the point where there's no reason that you shouldn't be able to find a group. It's about half the normal pop of a server circa 1999-2000ish on a good day.

Sorn
04-08-2017, 03:51 PM

Um...they're grouping...

It's actually quite easy to find a group in gfaydark, FoB, or EC starting out. It's rare that a zone is completely deserted, and generally you can assume player counts are accurate, as in the number of toons in a zone matches the number of players actually playing.

Caldwin
04-08-2017, 04:01 PM
I wouldn't call 1049 players currently on blue a small community. In fact, at times, some zones are overcrowded. Either you are in an area that tends to have less population like Odus or even Qeynos/Halas area, or you are on during off peak hours. But, I wouldn't even call off peak hours low population.

Boxing would ruin this server imo.

A1rh3ad
04-08-2017, 04:08 PM
You just joined and are complaining about a "small community." The noob zones are easy peasy to solo with every class as long as you arent pulling yellows. Wait until you get to popular zones and all camps are camped. Then you will complain the game has too many players. Save bone chips, silk, med or hq pelts and sell them at ec for some starter cash. Its classic EQ. The experience is supposed to be slow.

Silken
04-08-2017, 04:11 PM
There are a handful of classes that are painfully easy to solo with, and the community on P99 is far from small--there are groups to be had everwyere! Also, there is a small percentage of people that miss the whole point of the server, and do still box on it, despite it being a violation of the rules.

rapalabrowns
04-08-2017, 06:58 PM
Didn't mean to offend anyone, haven't experienced the community yet, didn't realize 1000 people would result in largely populated zones, especially early on given the depth of this game.

I actually don't prefer boxing, just was wondering how people were getting along without it. Sounds as though it's a non issue. Thanks for the responses!

Swish
04-08-2017, 07:15 PM
While this is generally good advice, I think some responders here are twinking their characters out and then saying soloing is easy.

A great guild to get in with on blue server is <Auld Sang Lyne> (might have mis-spelt it :p), they're committed to level the classic way, without twinking (so you'd fit right in).

An alternative if you've ever considered EQ pvp is the red server. Most people starting there recently are completely new as well, and you'll see a lot of bronze armor and pre-planar gear scraped together (as opposed to Velious twinks on blue who don't want to group sometimes).

Tupakk
04-08-2017, 07:53 PM
Most of the people that responded don't twink at all unless it's fashionquest thinking.

A1rh3ad
04-09-2017, 05:05 AM
While this is generally good advice, I think some responders here are twinking their characters out and then saying soloing is easy.

A great guild to get in with on blue server is <Auld Sang Lyne> (might have mis-spelt it :p), they're committed to level the classic way, without twinking (so you'd fit right in).

An alternative if you've ever considered EQ pvp is the red server. Most people starting there recently are completely new as well, and you'll see a lot of bronze armor and pre-planar gear scraped together (as opposed to Velious twinks on blue who don't want to group sometimes).

lol Slipped in another another "Try red" post? You guys are desperate aren't you?

A1rh3ad
04-09-2017, 05:06 AM
Pm me your name OP. I may be able to help you out with some starter donations.

Itap
04-09-2017, 09:09 AM
You just joined and are complaining

Seems Familiar, oh wait.

I can understand the need to stop multiboxing but this is seriously a load of crap. I'm trying to play the game with my wife and they cant respond. We were using my phone so her computer could connect using a different IP but something sucked up all of our data in an instant so now not only can we not play together for the rest of the month but now I am out my mobile internet. This is a serious flaw in this server. And dont sit there and l give me that "It's a free service" crap because I am a donator and was planning on donating monthly. No I don't expect special treatment for it, I just want people to know I'm not a freeloader complaining about something free. I understand the people in charge are volunteering but this is a serious flaw in how they run things.

Muggens
04-09-2017, 09:43 AM
lol yeah^

anyway what Swish meant was [Auld Lang Syne]

Phenyo
04-11-2017, 05:28 AM
Seems Familiar, oh wait.

Thats a primo dunk my man

Spyder73
04-11-2017, 08:37 AM
People out level 1-12 pretty quickly, so some of the starter zones can feel empty sometimes (like people have pointed out, Qeynos/Halas/Odus in particular). But after level 10 or so its pretty much guaranteed you can find group mates in just about every zone. While its true the server is top heavy, there are TONS of alts being played in every level range. Just fight through to level 11 and head out to the Oasis and your grouping woe's will be gone forever.

Side note - Even though less populated, Qeynos area is where the pro's still level up

Spyder73
04-11-2017, 08:38 AM
You just joined and are complaining.

Hello kettle, my name is pot - have we met?

Amyas
04-11-2017, 08:50 AM
Only red has a small pop blue is slam packed.

jolanar
04-11-2017, 02:59 PM
Didn't mean to offend anyone, haven't experienced the community yet, didn't realize 1000 people would result in largely populated zones, especially early on given the depth of this game.

I actually don't prefer boxing, just was wondering how people were getting along without it. Sounds as though it's a non issue. Thanks for the responses!

Original EQ was actually quite small. Most zones can only handle 2 or 3 groups. That means with only 500 ish players out and about it still makes the world feel very populated. Even middle of nowhere zones will have a few people there.

aaezil
04-11-2017, 03:59 PM
Only try red if you feel like getting perma camped by some 40 year old neckbeard who lives in his moms basement who has end game raiding gear on and deleveled himself from 60 to 15